HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
New FMA Movie: "嘆きの丘の聖なる星" discussion Thread; movie info on the first post! (Spoiler warning!), This thread is now closed. Please use new thread. ^^
inuhana
post Jul 18 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #211

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,874

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jul 18 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Anything with more Olivier becomes instantly epic.

I always thought they'd get YUI to come do an epic win song for the movie. I wouldn't mind a Chemistry song either.

YES YES YES.
Ah, Bones! Arakawa-san! Do us proud!!!

--------------------

Get it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jul 19 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #212

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jul 14 2010, 07:48 AM) *
Am I the only one who would actually kinda LIKE to see an FMA live-action movie? I mean, if done correctly, I don't think that it would suck. (Why do people just assume that live-action = suck, anyway?) If they were doing it live action, I think the ones I would most look forward to seeing are Riza, Mei, and Winry. Though, Izumi would be interesting to see live action too. I would dread seeing what Alphonse would look like... but who knows? I think if they were doing it live-action, they would change Edwards hairstyle slightly, because let's face it, his hairstyle would look ridiculous on an actual person.

You know, Ed's hair in "real life" is something that has crossed my mind many a time, LOL! I'm actually curious to know what all of your opinions on it might be. I mean, if we're hypothetically talking about a live action FMA (in this case, let's pretend it's a Hollywood production, casting all characters as their proper ethnicities), what WOULD you prefer them to do with Ed's hair? Sorry if this is a side tangent, but I really want to know what you guys think! XD

It's not the bangs that would be the problem, it's just the braid. On the one hand, FMA is a fantasy world, so stylistically you could chalk up his braid to that. It's already a semi-Victorian setting with modern elements - if it's just a part of the world, maybe it wouldn't come across as ridiculous. Plenty of other male characters in FMA have long hair (albeit not braids) and many male characters in other fantasy series (Harry Potter, LOTR) also have long hair. Come to think of it, Legolas has small braids in his hair, but that is much more subtle.

But then again, I cannot think of any other male character in any other series anywhere who has a braid except for Ranma and that is a screwball comedy. tongue.gif And especially dealing with American audiences, I could see many people (and executives!) going "WTF?" at the braid.

So would you personally go with the braid look and hope it works? Or change it to, perhaps, a ponytail for most of the series (which I actually think he looks better in anyway)? O_o

And if I was in charge, I'd totally insist on the gold contact lenses, haha! So long as they look better than the horrible ones in Twilight... *shudder*

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jul 19 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #213

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^I've worried about the golden eyes. As long as they don't make it look weird like twilights.

I'm not worried about the braid. Maybe after the movie little boys will start growing and braiding their hair XP

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jul 19 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #214

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jul 19 2010, 10:35 PM) *
But then again, I cannot think of any other male character in any other series anywhere who has a braid except for Ranma and that is a screwball comedy. tongue.gif And especially dealing with American audiences, I could see many people (and executives!) going "WTF?" at the braid.

Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing comes to mind.

But you are right in that it might look strange IRL. The only time I've seen anything resembling a full braid on a guy in film are in martial arts movies, usually those set in ancient China. And Edward Elric not being Asian, I'm not sure he could pull it off.

+Quote Post
Ama-ri
post Jul 20 2010, 05:34 AM
Post #215

Citizen

Member No.: 73,157

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jul 20 2010, 04:35 AM) *
It's not the bangs that would be the problem, it's just the braid. On the one hand, FMA is a fantasy world, so stylistically you could chalk up his braid to that. It's already a semi-Victorian setting with modern elements - if it's just a part of the world, maybe it wouldn't come across as ridiculous. Plenty of other male characters in FMA have long hair (albeit not braids) and many male characters in other fantasy series (Harry Potter, LOTR) also have long hair. Come to think of it, Legolas has small braids in his hair, but that is much more subtle.

So would you personally go with the braid look and hope it works? Or change it to, perhaps, a ponytail for most of the series (which I actually think he looks better in anyway)? O_o

And if I was in charge, I'd totally insist on the gold contact lenses, haha! So long as they look better than the horrible ones in Twilight... *shudder*

I think it depends on the actor. Maybe the one they choose has a face where a braid work. You know, like there are Hat-faces or Glasses-faces, maybe there are Braid-faces xD...

I'd prefer the Braid in general though. I just like Eds braid =D But I wouldn't mind a ponytail either. As long as his hair stays long. I don't want a short haired ed :<

Oh and for another Braided males: Jack Bezarius from Pandora Hearts =)

--------------------

Signature & Avatar Artwork by Me

Deviantart | Weblog (ger)

+Quote Post
hoprabbit
post Jul 20 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #216

Citizen

Member No.: 74,584

Ah, I've finally caught up. ^^ First I have a tantrum, but you can skip it, it's not important. XD It's just a complaint about a post.

In response to Winry Chan's earlier movie speculations and wishes for it on page 3(It made me so hopeless; 'what if it does that?'; when I read it I had to post something about it)....I don't hope it goes ANYTHING like that. It's incredibly Ed-centric; Didn't we get enough of that in CoS? Not to mention it screws Ling and Lan Fan over, which I'm not a fan of.

What, do you not like Roy or his team? I didn't see him, or, come to think of it, any Amestrian military in there. =/ To each his own, but Ed and Al seriously are not the only main characters. Really. (I don't mean to be snippy to you, Winry Chan, really I don't. I'm just upset that that might happen. I will lose my faith in FMA if that happens. D=)

I really hope they elaborate on some military while sticking to the story about our previous Fullmetal Alchemist. Via real plotline, of course.
SHAVE HIS FACE. BONES is NOT ever allowed to put a previously not-there mustache on ANYONE, EVER again. XD And I kinda want Riza to grow her hair out again. What, did Winry have to lose her earrings, too? I liked her hair long. OR at least an explanation of why she cut it, because 'Because it gets in the way' Is not a good excuse. >_<
tantrum over.

On the topic of it being a live-action movie? AW HELL NO.

As we've seen from that OVA on it, I'm pretty sure they've told us why it's not gonna happen. Someone in France was misinformed. ^^

We're it to happen, though, I'd only watch it to grumble and laugh at how poorly it turns out. Seeing Death note in live action made my brain cry(there is NO getting L down correctly in RL, though Ken'ichi Matsuyama did pretty well) and I think FMA would be worse.

However, on the topic of the more probably possibility it will be an anime:
I don't want to see a recap, or if there is one it should be to catch non-watchers up.
I don't want it to be central to one character. I feel CoS was more than a bit Ed-central, or at least Elric-central, which tacked of the Roy's team fan in me.
And most of all, I don't want it to not have a plot and fail miserably and let us all down.

But that's just my sorta-wishlist. Otherwise,whatever. Though I do like the ideas to make a novel into a movie. But didn't they say it'd be a brotherhood film?

Just my (long-winded) opinion, but I think we're all running a bit frantic with rumor and we need to check and get some facts straight.
(I'll be happy to eat my words, and I'm sorry that sounded kinda harsh. I'm incredibly, incredibly worried about some stuff with this movie...FMA keeps letting me down and I want this to be at least a little bit of a saving grace. ;_; )

--------------------
My name is Hop. See my Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfiction? And I have a problem.

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jul 20 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #217

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

If there comes a movie (and trust me, I hope it comes), I want it to be a separate adventure based before Hughes dies. That guy is awesome, he deserves some more screen especially considering what he did for the country. The movie could be about Ed and Al coming to Central and Mustang and co would be there because some Alchemist killer or Kidnapper or some psycopath is on the loose. What I want to see is Military action and real character portrays. If the live action movie is going to be a comedy in which Hughes keeps showing the pictures, Havoc cries over hsi lost girlfriend and Edward screams his "I'm not short" metaphoras, then please, don't let the movie ever be made.

Is the Hollywood going to be producing it? That's hard to believe. Sure, Fma is popular and all but the movie won't be very profitable. In some Forum, someone pointed out that hiring a well-known cast and a director would cost more than the movie reliease in theatres and Dvd sales would give profit. I would liek the Japanese to produce and do the movie, they know what they do (most of the time biggrin.gif ).
What worries me is that none of the characters, apart from maybe Roy and Xing people, are not Japanese. They're European like Germans so Japanese couldn't perform them unless they wore wigs. I have seen some cosplay pictures that have good reminiscence with the characters so that wouldn't be a problem to professionals. Of course, as people began to talk about Ed's hair, everything had to be made bigger or smaller. Since the movie is what it is, even subtle hair styles can be seen clearly as someone pointed out Legolas's braids.
I can't think of peopel being offended by Edward braid, in lack of a better verb. The movie is for Fma fans, I'm pretty sure no one else is going to watch it unless some crazy fans drag their families with them to the theatre. Braid is a part of Edward and, let's be hones, ponytail isn't a better option.

I want Edward to be 12-14 in that movie. I love him as a kid. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 21 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #218

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I was just thinking. Jackie Chan had a braid in Shanghai Noon and it didn't look too bad. Yes it was black, but I think they could pull it off.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jul 21 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #219

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

my hope is that it isn't some sort of epilogue epilogue from the manga like a continuation

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
inuhana
post Jul 22 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #220

Citizen

Because the kids would grow up, and dad would leave, and mom would die, and they would have to find the Philosopher's stone, and it's a horrible cycle!

--------------------

Get it?

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 22 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #221

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Am I sensing sarcasm there?? sleep.gif I don't think Ed would leave. He didn't help to create a horrible homunculus like his dad did. I also think it would be foolish for them to recycle the original story.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
inuhana
post Jul 22 2010, 11:15 AM
Post #222

Citizen

True. Brotherhood, I think, has been too much of a success to do that.
Oh, sarcasm abounds, but only because there is so much love.

So, the release date was speculated at 2011, right? Must be a high-budget thing they're doing...

--------------------

Get it?

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jul 23 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #223

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

hmm.. so there's no any other news regarding the movie, huh?
I hope they set up bit faster so we dont have to wait for too long biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jul 23 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #224

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

I really want to see Xingese characters in the movie (Ling!). Or Olivier (who doesn't want to see her? she's awesome).

To be honest, I don't want to watch a movie about something we already know. I want something new, but still be able to call it "canon" by manga terms. I dunno.

Also, I want there to be screentime for all characters, Ed, Al, Roy & his crew, Xing, Briggs, Ishval, etc, etc... I don't want it to be focused on something specific.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Vika_tamaka
post Jul 23 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #225

Citizen

Member No.: 74,991

they are going to product a movie as following of "fma brotherhood".... *______________* I hope Roy and Riza will fall in love...

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css