HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 64: Journey's End - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, spoilers for the entire Brotherhood series
paca
post Jul 4 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,936

what I really liked :
-Winry's walk and meeting with the Elrics <3 I totally loved that <3<3<3

what I feel:
I think the discard all the blood, injured people and angst of the final chapter... take a look at the manga and you will see that it's pretty "sad/dark" but full of hope <3 (that changes it a lot, I mean isn't that what arakawa gives us angst but hope, get up and walk ???) also less tears
Winry also gets more screen "weight" than anyother female character, we don't now about Oliver in the anime (manga , yes), Ran fan (~~ bones , what about her????) , Riza is not as worried or sad because of roy "seeing" his dream "broken", Mei...(well, the family photo that is not a family photo now D:)
-Riza with short hair: simple, Ishbal hard to have it clean, so cut it...simple simple simple.

random stuff:

-Falman's children >_>, yes those are his children look they share eyes, bones, ears, hair!!! OMG! so unecsesary... well he get more ending than many character *cofcof* we now where he lives, his rank, we meet his son and daughter...not his wife but anyways...how she found a woman in the north??? lol
-Roy's mus-tache....OMG! a thought it was a mark in the screen, I mean how many times Araka wa has told us how he is unable to get one xD or how ridiculous he will look with one ....??? okok, options:
a ) a mark in the sketches she gave to Bones (epic fail) lol
B ) he get facil hair back from the door when he get his sight back xDDDDDD
c ) less stress so you get more hair XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Have you noticed that he has the same mus-tache that Hawkeye sensei had >_> ?????

- they changed Hayate's CUBS!!!! omg !!! or maybe he has many around town.. (now he has even more endinginfo than in the manga xDD you deserved it <3)

What I didn't like:
- what happened whit the family photo?:
the fact that May was in the family photo (so important and heavy meaning) and now is a group photo =_= , please insert Izumy or Sig.... but what was that!!?
- ran fan is totally left out... (ok, you say no angst and talking to Fu was pretty "sad")

.... for now i won't say more.

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mushu Girl
post Jul 4 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 74,443

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 4 2010, 07:22 AM) *
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 AM) *

That's much better.

Is it too much to hope that Bones will realise what a hideous mistake they made with the Mus-tache and remove it for the DVD release? laugh.gif

And maybe that's why they didn't get married or anything laugh.gif

I really liked the scene at the hospital. At least they were together...
As someone already mentioned, it was a bad idea to include Panninya and Garfiel in the photo, it was great the way it was in the manga, a FAMILY photo (and now we know that the baby Winry is holding is a girl!)

Can't wait for the subs!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

You know, I still have to see it again, but I somehow feel that 63 was enough as an ending... in a way. 64 didn't get me as emotional as 63 did... I didn't shed one tear and ended up laughing towards the end (the inverse effect that Chapter 108 had on me).
Hence why I've been having mixed feelings about the ep (except for the awesome Roy-tachi scene in the hospital... and the eyecatch).

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jul 4 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #49

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

The fangirl in me realised the jumper Winry was wearing at the end must have been the one Ed came home in.

Oh Bones, I love you, though I knew what was coming that slow walk to the door had my little heart pounding. Good choice of music I suppose helped build it up.

Shall add in full thoughts once I have seen the subs. Which I need. Now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jul 4 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (paca @ Jul 4 2010, 10:02 AM) *
- what happened whit the family photo?:
the fact that May was in the family photo (so important and heavy meaning) and now is a group photo =_= , please insert Izumy or Sig.... but what was that!!?

I didn't even think of then implications of adding extra characters in that image. You are right it takes away from it being a family picture. I don't mind seeing those characters again but they should have been in a separate photo.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Jul 4 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Am I the only one who didn't mind the Roy 'stache? Looks like his wish from the 4-koma omake came true. smile.gif

Other changes:

Big plus for having Roy and Riza share the same hospital room.

Not sure what I think of Havoc getting his legs back with the Philosopher's stone, though. First I didn't like it at all, because it undermined the prevailing idea in this story that there are no easy fixes and that you shouldn't rely on alchemy when you could rely on your own hard work. But thinking about it, Roy -would- be unselfish enough to have it used to heal Havoc first. So I don't know...

They disappointingly left out Zanpano and Jelso learning alchemy, but more than made up for it with their Large Ham moments. smile.gif

And yeah, the family photo...Paninya and Garfiel have no business being there.

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Jul 4 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

Am I the only one who didn't like healed-Havoc? He was doing fine without his legs: he helped Roy the way he could and that was perfect! Being healed by the philosopher stone (from what I understand) felt unecessary to me.

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 AM) *

NOOO!! We can't make fun of Mustanch anymore!

QUOTE (paca @ Jul 4 2010, 12:02 PM) *

random stuff:

-Falman's children >_>, yes those are his children look they share eyes, bones, ears, hair!!! OMG! so unecsesary... well he get more ending than many character *cofcof* we now where he lives, his rank, we meet his son and daughter...not his wife but anyways...how she found a woman in the north??? lol
-Roy's mus-tache....OMG! a thought it was a mark in the screen, I mean how many times Araka wa has told us how he is unable to get one xD or how ridiculous he will look with one ....??? okok, options:
a ) a mark in the sketches she gave to Bones (epic fail) lol
B ) he get facil hair back from the door when he get his sight back xDDDDDD
c ) less stress so you get more hair XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Have you noticed that he has the same mus-tache that his master had >_> ?????

I really love the fact that Falman have children except that the left girl have the same hair than Elysia OMG GRACIAXFALMAN, there's so many characters in FMA, Edward and Winry can't be the only ones with kids!

Since these are Edward's wall-pictures, maybe Ed added Roy's moustache with a pen laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chiyo @ Jul 4 2010, 12:48 PM) *
The fangirl in me realised the jumper Winry was wearing at the end must have been the one Ed came home in.

Hey, that's true! Didn't saw that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Jul 4 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Since these are Edward's wall-pictures, maybe Ed added Roy's moustache with a pen laugh.gif

That's what I think in fact ;D

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Jul 4 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #54

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Jul 4 2010, 11:47 AM) *
Am I the only one who didn't mind the Roy 'stache? Looks like his wish from the 4-koma omake came true. smile.gif

Call me uncool, but that mustache was quite fetching! laugh.gif That's Hiromu Arakawa's sense of humor I guess... At least it's not the Armstrong mustache!

I don't think a movie or show has ever done this to me, but I actually burst into tears of joy! cry.gif Especially when Roy wanted to heal Havoc first before him, and when Winry finally got to see Ed and Al come home. (That scene was almost HOLY!) It made me feel okay that it was over. (Movie time now? If you say so Bones... I'll follow you wherever you go!)

Ed and Al's exploration of the world is a great but open ending. (Great for fanfiction writers... tongue.gif) It sort of makes you excited for them, even though it's not likely we'll be following them on their journeys this time. It's similar but different to the end of COS - with Ed and Al exploring the world together, but it's not their world... Both ending were beautiful in their own way - one was contented and triumphant, the other being bittersweet.

Thanks so much Hiromu...

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 4 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Loved the ending.

Before I express all my thoughts(on a later post), I just want to make a comment on the picture with Roy's mustache. When I first saw that image (sans 'stache) in the manga, I had too look closely to see it was a future picture because I thought with Riza's short hair and Roy's hair style, it looked like an old picture. I thought they both looked too young. So maybe someone else thought he looked too young too and said: "Too late to change the picture. Let's just throw a mustache on him so he looks older."

It does look like a last minute addition to me.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 4 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 55,758

Oh, god, what a perfect episode. It was even more powerful than the manga was. It made me cry; the tears actually made their way down my cheek. *shakey breath* Okay, better pull myself together. But it was so beautiful. First we have Breda calling up Havoc, that was the first tug at the heart strings. I'm glad they did this part. Actually, all the changes made in the episode are improvements from the manga. The only thing I would miss would be the immediate scenes skipped from the post-battlefield, but I don't mind much, not when everything is so damn great as this.

Ed and Al on their way home. Just amazing. The brotherly feelings here surpasses that of the first anime. Al's "arigato", aw =) And Ed's teasing, like always XD Al's "Nii-san, are you sure about Winry?", and Ed's litte half gasp, was also great.

The part where Winry walks towards the door with that grand, triumphant music was emotional on it's own, and you thought that'd be it. But then she opened the door and it turned out it only led to the hallway. And here is where the tears began to produce for real. The scene caught me so off-guard, I really didn't expect it. Trisha's Lullaby (thank you, thank you, Bones), the photo of Ed, Al and Winry, it all had tremendous emotional effect on me. I didn't know what to expect at first, with the the camera delaying on the pin board, I almost thought there would be a video montage of scenes from their childhood or something. Well, it wasn't. But it was so perfect, the way it zoomed in on that one photograph in the middle with all three of them.

Winry's reaction in the doorway when she see's the brothers... that was the trigger point when the tears started rolling T__T And they did so along with her's after her massive slo-mo glomp attack and greet.

I always liked the rooftop scene.

And in the end Pride Selim turned out to be the adorable little child we always thought he was.

For some reason Al going to Xing with the chimeras seemed more believable here. Must be the music and animation.

And Ed really looks like Hoho! Wonder if it's intentional. The EdxWin scene was cute, Ed really still is a dork. But was that really a proposal for marriage? Wasn't it just a 'proposal' for love? That's the way I read it both in the manga, and here, anyway. I feel, from how they interact, it's a bit ambigious whether or not they were actually together before this. They do act like a couple, but then again they sorta always have XD I could imagine it being either way, really. But, taking the two year time skip into consideration, I suppose it makes most sense that they were together. Okay, yeah, it was a proposal, the way Ed acts afterwards and their hug says it all, guess it's just me being dense ^^;;

The ending monologue on the train is great. Made the tears well up for... the third time this episode? I say it again, it's all so perfect. Makes me very nostalgic of the first series, too.

And then... ending montage *sigh* I feel like a little fangirl now, crying so damn much XD 'Much' by my personal standards, anyway.

If I were to have any complaints about this episode it would be that they animated Al's face a bit oddly at times, Roy's stache XD, and yes, Paninya and Garifiel messing up the family pic. At first I wasn't sure if the ending song fitted, but watching it now, I really do think it feels right.

Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist ;___; How we love you, and how we shall miss you.

... Oh wait, there's a movie on the way too.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jul 4 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

While there are many, many things I thought the manga did better overall than the Brotherhood anime, I think this episode surpassed the manga completely in the way it handled the materials it changed, especially the meeting with Roy and Havoc's healing. Ok, I am a little grumpy with the change to Winry's dialogue when she see's the brothers and I thought her poses dealing with what Ed had just proposed at the end were better in the manga.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jul 4 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

And here we thought it was ending, and they announce a movie. Perhaps it truely isn't over just yet.

Impressions and fun thoughts;

-Sure enough, it started with Dr.Knox looking for Roy.
-change-ups already biggrin.gif Mustang's having a meeting in his hospital room.
-OHMAHGAWWWWSH THEY HAVE RIZA AND ROY IN THE SAME HOSPITAL ROOM
-And there's Marcoh smile.gif
-They have Scar being treated at the Armstrong humungo mansion smile.gif Nice. Love the animation on Olivier. I hate it when they have her eyes all huge.
-Scar stubble. It is there. Thank you Bones. XP Everyone loves sexy hobo stubble.
-Alphonse. Stop looking so adorable with your actual face.
-BROFIST! Ling and Edo Brofist!
-Trishas lullaby! I'd been hoping they'd use it in this last episode!
-TACKLE HUG!! OH I LOVED HOW THEY DID IT! GLOMP GLOMP!
-Eyecatch with ed,al, and winry! AND ROY-TACHI EYECATCH! THAT IS MADE OF EPIC WIN!
-Grumman, your smiles kill me
-Cute little Selim and his little birdie. So innocent looking. Who'd've thought you were the creepiest thing on the planet 2 years ago.
-Good, the made Elicia look 2 years older. That bugged me in the manga. She still looked tiny.
-And Ed's adorable equivalent exchange talk with Winry.
-Dude. Mustang mustache. Weird.
-Why is there paninya and garfiel in my family photo. Why wasn't it Izumi and Sig? They were more fitting. I do love the way Ed's kids look. I can actually tell it's an older brother and a little sister.
-MOVIE WHAT? OH MY BLOODY FREAKING WHAT YES YES A MOVIE! A MOVIE! A MOVIE! A FREAKING MOVIE! YES *crys*

Those were my reactions.
What an amazing 64 episode journey.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Hakkari
post Jul 4 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 74,751

I registered just to comment on this episode /fail

I really liked it. It was definitely lighter than last episode.

Falman's kids look like Shesha >.>; *new ship rofl*

Mustang-stache was silly looking, but the rest of the photos were cool. Though I think someone needs to photoshop Paninya and Garfiel out of the family one. I love them, but they had no place there.

And I hope Aaron comes back as older!Al for the English dub. The new one is great, but she sounds even younger than the Japanese VA, and the voices just didn't match up.

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jul 4 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 02:05 PM) *

lol THAT'S MUCH BETTER laugh.gif
I'm quite happy believing that Ed drew it on XD I mean, what motive would BONES have for giving Roy a tash? It's completely pointless.

Seriously though... I thought I wasn't going to cry since I cried endlessly while reading the manga... but i did. It all started when Winry walked past the wall with the pictures on T_T
-Thought they should've deepend Al's voice a bit, he's not a child anymore.
-Really liked the beginning where Roy's scene was extended, and Havoc's phonecall.
-Loved seeing Gracia and Elysia. She's growing up! T_T
-Nice choice of eyecatches this time.
-Ed and Winry's scene at the train was done really nicely. I like that it was done so closely to the manga.

Those are my initial thoughts. I'd have more but I'm trying to get over the sadness of the series ending. Although... A MOVIE?? That makes me happy!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 11:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css