HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 64: Journey's End - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, spoilers for the entire Brotherhood series
allykatty1
post Jul 4 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,571

Man, it wasn't just Keyhole! My stream on Freshverse, which is usually very solid, was all kinds of stop-and-go tonight! Irritating as heck and very entertaining to my friend who was watching me squirm over it. tongue.gif I just hope this was a sign that a LOT of people were trying to watch it, lol!

I feel like I missed half the episode, so I'll have to wait til later to make a proper assessment, but so far:

I approve of the change to Roy/Riza in the hospital. I guessed that was what they were going to do when that scene got cut last week and I was right.

Not as impressed with the Ling/Lan Fan/May flashback to post-battle. I know it was for timing issues to end the previous ep with Hohenheim's tribute, but still. Meh. It felt very out-of-place.

Little nitpicky thing is that I am disappointed Winry was not wearing the cute tanktop she had on in the manga when the brothers came home. Work clothes instead. I like that she fell asleep working on automail (presumably for Ed), but still. Meh. wink.gif

I DID like her epic walk to the door though! Sweet!

Thanks to my stream, I missed most of the credits and only caught a split-second glimpse of the family pic. Paninya/Garfiel?! Whyyyy?? Is this supposed to be some hint Ed and Winry moved to Rush Valley? I no like. Also, totally missed this supposed Roy-stache, but I also do not approve, lol! XD

Gaaah, only 7 hours until I can go to Funimation's screening of this episode at Anime Expo. I should just bear it and go to sleep, instead of staying up waiting for a better stream. T_T
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 4 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Haven't seen the ep, but I find it lol that there's a picture of Armour-Al on the pinboard among the family photos laugh.gif Was this in the manga? Also, Al looks a bit too old in some shots, I think his face is a bit long =/ Oh well, details. The art looks really good other than that.

And Roy with a moustache... shall be interesting to see ^^

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Tennyo_night_elf
post Jul 4 2010, 03:43 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 74,386

I just saw the raw with bad sound. For the bad sound though I felt Al's voice with a bit out of place with his older teenage body.

The whole episode was fun to watch due to it being a new take on the last pages of 108. The epic Winry walk to the door scene was nice, however the following hug was changed to the point I didn't like it much. The flashback to Mei and Ling was out of place and just lacking, I want more of them, but I guess I'm just greedy.

The Roy scene was redone nicely and I liked that Roy wasn't depressed about his eyes, but motivated to continue on even without his eyesight (before Marco came in that is).

The dialogue was fun for me, with little bits changed here and there, and all together I liked the episode. It was odd when Ed hugged Winry though, in the manga it seemed very soft but here it looked awkward, almost like Ed was a bit too forceful with it. He also didn't look happy to leave Winry in the beginning too, which made me giggle. Very different, very odd. Still enjoyed it though.

I was hoping for the credits to run with animation of the future pics, but they way they did it as to add it to the wall was nice. I agree with everyone about adding in Paninya and Garfiel in the family photo, it was less meaningful to me unless those two are somehow in the family now? Mustache Roy was lol and an oh no to me. I hope he shaves it later. Ling looked a bit constipated in his photo too, and Lan Fan was just too much in the background for me, I would have liked to see her a bit more and Ling look a bit more serious (dignified not constipated serious).

And I liked the added Al_armor to one of the corner "photos" in the end. I wonder if they at least kept the helmet?

I also wished for more movie info, but at least we have more to look forward to in regards to FMA.

The animation was OK to me, I think these last few episodes were rushed in the art department but still good.

--------------------
EDWIN | ROYAI | ALMEI | LINFAN

FMA gives me hope...

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 04:23 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

I can't imagine what the reaction at AX shall be when they'll be seeing Roy with the moustache... oh Lord...

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jul 4 2010, 04:40 AM
Post #35

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,394

Facial hair really doesn't suit Roy at all. Riza needs to make him shave it, at gunpoint if necessary.

I also spy Black Hayate's lady friend in the photo collage. Awww...

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jul 4 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Okay, watching the RAW of the final FMA episode now.

-I see there are a LOT of changes, especially regarding Roy & Co
-It still squicks me how they did NOT change Alphonse's vocie at all. Come on, at least change tone a bit!
-But I don't know who to blame here - director or the VA
-Cute, Al is thanking Ed
-Mei is such a crybaby
-BROFIST
-Lol, is Ed teasing Al about Mei?
-And Al teasing Ed about Winry
-Get to that door already, Winry!
-I liked the glomp from the manga more :<
-Huh, and where is Pinako?
-She isn't there at all
-Al's voice does not fit. At all.
-Grunman has such a troll look. http://i46.tinypic.com/2vlun81.jpg
-And how come noone ever questioned how Mrs Bradley had another son identicall to supposedly dead Selim?
-Aw, Elysia grew up so much
-Al has a funky tie
-Love how Ed just "ums" there
-Awww, hugs
-...why Hologram as a choice of music? Why not Again?
-Mustang-tache...please no. It kills kittens, it kills unborn babies, please stop
-So Ed and Winry had a boy and a girl \o/ I like how they drew boy there better

Aand I don't think I have any final thought. Yet? I feel a bit empty inside.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 4 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Facial hair really doesn't suit Roy at all. Riza needs to make him shave it, at gunpoint if necessary.

I also spy Black Hayate's lady friend in the photo collage. Awww...

Which made me all warm and fuzzy before I saw the mess BONES did with Roy. Pffttt.

Seriously, that must be Ed's doing.

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jul 4 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #38

Apprentice

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 4 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Which made me all warm and fuzzy before I saw the mess BONES did with Roy. Pffttt.

Seriously, that must be Ed's doing.

I agree, Ed must have drawn it on there, then got distracted and forgot to add the devil horns, or the afro or something.

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jul 4 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

FIXED

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Nacchan
post Jul 4 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 73,809

^ I LOVE YOU.

I really liked this episode. There were some little changes that made it so lovely. (All but Roy mustaches, and I think we all agree about this.XDD)
Al was so cute, though.T_T <3 And someone said they didn't like his voice in this episode, am I the only one who thinks it was perfect as always?;_;

--------------------

ありがとう、鋼の錬金術師。
G R A Z I E.

+Quote Post
Andie
post Jul 4 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

Argh! Haven't posted here for an eternity!! But then again, it's the end! Now I feel so weird. I've been following this manga/anime for so long, waiting for chapters each months and episodes (of the first and second anime) each week.

I don't think I have many grips with this episode.. The art was real nice, so much better than last week (which was a bit weird). And for some reason I really loved that they played Trisha's lullaby at the Golden Trio's hug. As someone else in this forum said, it's Brotherhood's version of Bratja.

(But then Bones scrapped all the good feeling with that godforsaken stache. At least grow a manly one, Roy!! Something like Bradley or Heinkel!!!)

Oh, and I was imagining things or did Falman have kids?! The two children behind him in the pictures look like tiny clones of him!! If so, it makes me lol quite a bit than he is the only character beside Ed and Winry (and Black Hayate!) to canonically 'get some' in the end, lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 4 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 AM) *

Thanks dear, that's way way way better ;D

And yes I agree, I was so happy with the ep that when I saw that shot I was like WTF?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
BirdieNumNum
post Jul 4 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 AM) *

That's much better.

Is it too much to hope that Bones will realise what a hideous mistake they made with the Mus-tache and remove it for the DVD release? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jul 4 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #44

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

And hopefully they will give Lt.Ross and Paninya a nose in the ED as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jul 4 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #45

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

hahaha! Good ending!

Mustang-tache definately is funny. I don't feel that Riza's short hair is a shame. I think she is trying to set a new image, letting the people around her regard her as Mustang's aide rather than his 'female assistant'. You guys know the dark side of politics, especially and assumingly, that Mustang has become the fuhrer. You don't really want any disparaging rumors.

The Hayate family is so lovely, so as the Elrics.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 03:57 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css