HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Operation: FMA Info Shrine General Communication Thread, Please sign up to be our volunteer researcher here! ^^
Tombow
post Jul 3 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

~ Introducing "Operation: FMA Info Shrine" project! ~

Hello everyone and welcome to our Operation "FMA Info Shrine" project forum!

Is your school over? Nothing to do for this summer/winter (depending where you are ^^)?? Then, please sign up to be one of the volunteer team members for our Operation: FMA Info Shrine project and help us improve all FMA info on our board!! You can bring in your own sub-project ideas, and you can work on your own schedule! For example, do you have a collection of pics of transmutation circles used in FMA anime? Then please share with us! Or, are you interested in VA actors in FMA:B? Then, find out who they are, and share with us! Your sub-project can be small or big. As we know, FMA-1 has concluded some years ago, and some of the sites which we previously relied on for some of these info are vanishing fast! And we want to gather the information before all such info for FMA-1, FMA:B, FMA manga start vanishing!
If you appreciated watching FMA and/or reading FMA and have some free time to spare for our board, please sign up to be the volunteer team member for our Operation FMA Info Shrine Project! smile.gif

Q. What is this project about?

A. This project is part of our board's efforts to improve FMA related contents on our board, currently dubbed (by me ^^) as "Operation FMA Shrine," and this forum is specifically dedicated for a sub-part of that project, "Operation: FMA Info Shrine" project, for improving all facets of FMA related info for all three of FMA series: FMA manga, FMA-1 anime, FMA:Brotherhood anime, plus FMA Movie, FMA Game, and all related FMA publications.

Q. How are you planning to do that?

A. Part 1 of the project is gathering of such information. And, in the recent years we had a new addition of FMA series, several new FMA games, plus many more official FMA publications and we have been far behind in keeping up with those, so, we have lots of work ahead (and that's where you can help us!! ^^) Our goal is to collect as much pertinent information, using this forum as a "hub" and then sort out (and confirm) the information and then distribute to the pertinent FMA forums as discussion guides, and then in Part 2 of the project we hope that we can possibly utilize these info to update the whole site with the new/additional FMA info as well.

Q. So, how can I help?

A. By becoming a part of our volunteer FMA info researcher team!!
Later on, our project manger may ask our volunteer FMA info researchers to go out and find info in more specific area, but for now, we welcome FMA info in any area, and hence please take your own initiatives and make up your own sub-projects.

Some of the examples of these projects might be:
* Gather all info on transmutation circles; such as, circles used in FMA-1 anime, and/or FMA manga, or info on "basic elements' on such circles, etc. etc. Please use your own initiatives to come up with your own sub-project ideas. ^^
* Gather info for VAs in FMA-1, or in FMA:Brotherhood, Japanese or English, actors's names, brief bio, etc.
* Find out which art-work team has worked on which episodes in FMA:Brothehood anime
* List of names of ALL characters ever mentioned in FMA manga chapters Xd
* Official English spelling of all FMA charcters, according to Viz, according to Funimation, according to Character Guidebook, etc.
* List of the names of ALL locations ever mentioned in FMA manga, or FMA anim-1, or FMA:Brotherhood, etc., etc

And so and on... at this point, please use your own initiatives to come up with your own sub-project. Each project can be small (such as, list of all English episode titles) to something huge.. currently it is totally up to each researchers. ^^
Then, depending on the content, please post them in related sub-forums within this forum (FMA Manga, FMA anime-1, FMA:Brotherhood, FMA Movie/OVA, FMA Games)

Q. Can I just bring some info from other site?

A. Only if that is fine according to that site. If the site specifically prohibits such utilization of info even in the case of credit given to that site, then please honor that site's wish and do not make such utilization.

Also, on your info post, please INCLUDE the SOURCE of the info you're posting (i.e. where you got that info) and the LINK to that source if the source was from some Web site. (If you got the info from publications such as Character Guide books, etc., then no link is needed, and just give us the name of the book, etc. ^^)

Q. Can I get credit for gathering specific info?

A. We'll list the names of all volunteer researchers who have contributed to the project, and in addition, also try to give credit as much as possible when distributing such info to our discussion forums, but, this may not always be possible (such as, duplicate/over-wrapping info, etc.) and we ask your understanding in such cases. ^^ Also, it is our project managers' discretion as to "how" to utilize/sort/compile all posted info, and we ask your understanding if your info will be used in such manner.

Q. I'm in! Where can I sign up to be the volunteer researcher for the project?

A. Please sign up by posting your name on this thread. You will be automatically signed up as a team volunteers.
Then start posting your contributing FMA info to become a contributing researcher for our team! ^^

Q. I signed up!! When can I start?

A. Anytime after you will finish reading this post (and any additional project info posts, if any such are added)! biggrin.gif

Q. I have more question. What shall I do?

A. Please post on this thread. ^^ (Please turn to page 2 for such Q & A posts ^^)

Also, we'll probably update this and other related threads, so please keep checking! ^^

===================

In short.....

* To sign up to be the volunteer researchers, please post on this thread (regardless of which field of info ...FMA-1 anime, FMA manga, FMA:B, etc.... you're interested in) and you will be automatically signed up as our volunteer researcher.

* If you have general questions on "Operation FMA Info Shrine!" please post on this thread.

* If you have more specific questions about your sub-project ideas, etc, please go to the sub-forum for that field (FMA-1, FMA manga, FMA:B anime, etc.) then post your question on Researchers' communication thread in that field.

* If you already have a completed sub-project, etc, please go to the sub-forum that matches your sub-project (FMA-1, FMA manga, FMA:B anime, etc.) then open a new thread with a descriptive title for your sub-project, and post your sub-project info there. smile.gif

<Note to Website Collaboration Project researchers: This project is the continuation of our previous "Website Collaboration Project" and we openly welcome and appreciate your continuing help and participations in our new "Operation FMA Info Shrine!" project. ^^ >

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tombow
post Jul 3 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

post reserve for further project info.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Tombow   Operation: FMA Info Shrine General Communication Thread   Jul 3 2010, 09:13 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info. Operation...   Jul 3 2010, 10:30 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info. Operation...   Jul 3 2010, 10:31 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info. Operation...   Jul 3 2010, 10:38 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info.   Jul 3 2010, 10:38 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info.   Jul 3 2010, 10:39 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info.   Jul 3 2010, 10:40 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info.   Jul 3 2010, 10:41 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info.   Jul 3 2010, 10:41 AM
- - Tombow   post reserve for further project info. For the u...   Jul 3 2010, 10:42 AM
- - shanryelric   I'm in!! shanryelric *starts to scan...   Jul 5 2010, 09:23 AM
- - mellulah   Interesting, still a busy bee with work where I am...   Jul 7 2010, 01:53 AM
- - Winry Chi   Count me in! Winry Chi   Jul 8 2010, 02:06 PM
- - Broken Chouchou   Signing up right here.   Jul 9 2010, 04:51 AM
|- - Claudius   QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jul 9 2010, 03:5...   Jul 9 2010, 05:19 PM
- - MsLinn   Me too!   Jul 11 2010, 08:07 AM
- - Mhacy   Count me in too. though I'm pretty busy lately...   Jul 15 2010, 06:36 AM
- - DubEric   I'm in......... i already know what to do!   Jul 31 2010, 10:32 PM
- - hoprabbit   I'm in, but I've already got my job. ;D   Aug 1 2010, 07:09 AM
- - Michiyo-   I'm also in, I'll try to help to make this...   Aug 7 2010, 12:35 PM
- - A Pierrot's Aria   I'm up for it! I'm sorry I didn't ...   May 15 2011, 04:26 AM
- - Scorched Earth   Don't know if the subject has been proposed ye...   Aug 18 2011, 11:30 AM
- - Michiyo-   @Scorched Earth: Both of your ideas are very inter...   Aug 19 2011, 08:40 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 06:15 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css