HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

For Those Who Have Watched Episode 64 (Japanese/subbed), Your general thought on The FMA:B series, series ending, etc., Warning! SPOILERS for FMA:B and/or FMA manga, FMA-1 contents!
Tombow
post Jun 27 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

This thread is for those who had already watched FMA: Brotherhood episode 64.

If you have not watched episode 64 yet, please do not go any further on this thread.

Also, this thread will be full of spoilers for FMA:B anime & FMA:manga content, and possibly FMA-1 content as well.
If you would like to avoid such spoilers, please do not go on beyond the first page.

Please post your thoughts and opinions on the ending of FMA:Brotherhood anime, your generla thoughts on FMA:Brotherhood anime now that you have seen the whole series, etc. on this thread. smile.gif

* If posting any pics from episodes 63-64 on this thread, please post as LINKS only, and not IMAGES. (i.e. please don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site for episodes 63-64 pics please!) If you happen to forgot and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

Actual discussions start on page 2 of this thread. smile.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AlphonseHeidric
post Aug 21 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,870

What was right, what was wrong?
Some things that I thought were great and others not so much.

**************SPOILER****************
Don't read this if you haven't finished both anime series.

First off let me just write this is the best anime series I've ever seen. I think it was better than the original and was way more true to the actual books. I think the series followed a great story and it was really well told. The main topic of discussion here is the ending to Brotherhood. For me, Part 5 was just one big winderclock that started very early on, the entire Part 5 was basically the ending and I like how nothing in the series happened without reason and everything got tied together in the end while when the last part 10~ episodes it seemed as if there were so many sub plots and different stories going on eventually the story would split up many different ways.
I really enjoyed all the twists and turns the ending took and the return of most characters was awesome.

There are only 3 main things I have a little beef with regarding the ending.

1. I think they should have let Winry play more of a part in the ending. They pretty much left her out of the whole last DVD set and I thought for sure she would pop up at the ending with Ed but I also thought they did that so we would forget about her and have her show up at the very last battle or something.

2. I would have liked to have seen endings (Warning! Series Final Spoilers!)for all the characters. They left out so many of the central characters like The Armstrongs, Izumi, Hawkeye and even totally left out some characters altogether like Rose and Paninya. I know they weren't terribly important but it just would have been nice to see more ending lines for people.

3. Al's role in the end seemed minor considering he was the co-protaganist of the series if not the central protagonist. Ed is definately the start but I see Al as more of the hero's role in this than Ed. That being said, I would have liked to see the ending centralled a bit mroe around him than Mustang, Izumi and some of the others. I love that they were in the ending but I jsut wish Al would have had a bigger hand in the final battles but maybe that's just their way of expressing Al's true essence.

After all that tho, I really enjoyed everything about this series. I think it is the greatest Anime ever and it should be enjoyed by anyone who appreciatets a truely great storyline. So what about you, did you have a problem with anything? What wonderful thing stood out to you to make this one of the best ever?

*edit* Sorry, this probably should have gone in the spoiler subforum =(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Tombow   For Those Who Have Watched Episode 64 (Japanese/subbed), Your general thought on The FMA:B series, series ending, etc.   Jun 27 2010, 08:06 AM
- - Tombow   "Accidental-spoiler prevention" post   Jun 27 2010, 08:19 AM
- - Tombow   "Accidental-spoiler prevention" post   Jun 27 2010, 08:20 AM
- - Tombow   "Accidental-spoiler prevention" post   Jun 27 2010, 08:21 AM
- - Tombow   "Accidental-spoiler prevention" post Ac...   Jul 4 2010, 01:44 AM
- - KariGray   THE MUSTACHE. It shocked me so much I forgot to fe...   Jul 4 2010, 12:44 PM
- - smoothietime   ~ My problems with the FMA brotherhood ending. ~ ...   Sep 28 2010, 01:13 PM
|- - Goobie   QUOTE (AlphonseHeidric @ Aug 21 2011, 05...   Aug 21 2011, 09:15 PM
|- - AlphonseHeidric   QUOTE (Goobie @ Aug 21 2011, 09:15 PM) 3....   Aug 21 2011, 10:10 PM
- - Michiyo-   Welcome to our board, AlphonseHeidric! ^^ As ...   Aug 22 2011, 02:22 AM
- - Edward2728   I don't think they could have done a better jo...   Sep 7 2011, 05:34 AM
- - JPPCouto   Nothing is perfect, but this series is the one clo...   Sep 7 2011, 03:22 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css