HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 63: The Other Side Of The Gate - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, MAJOR spoilers for the first 63 episodes & series end
AXavierB
post Jun 27 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #46

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,365

Yeah, the art looked pretty bad throughout much of the episode, but I'm willing to forgive it since the last ones looked so awesome and this one makes up for the sub-par animation with great character portrayal and that scene with Hohopapa and Armstrong.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 27 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I did notice hoho was standing where homunculus died. So I was thinking; "Is he blaming himself for EVERYTHING?" because he had that flashback about Homunculus saying "your blood created me" (whatever the quote is) I bet you money he was blaming himself for it all.

But now, and I kind of understand, I want all your opinions of why Hoho thanked Alex. After Armstrong said Ed and Al saved the entire population of Amestris. Why did hoho say thanks? ?

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
JackDawkins
post Jun 27 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 73,219

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 27 2010, 05:35 PM) *
But now, and I kind of understand, I want all your opinions of why Hoho thanked Alex. After Armstrong said Ed and Al saved the entire population of Amestris. Why did hoho say thanks? ?

I'm thinking because his sons were able to save an entire population from Homunculus' plan when he hadn't been able to.

I really loved this episode. I thought they got everything spot on even when they changed things around. It made me emotional all over again. Also I loved how when Ed's Truth was speaking to him his voice gradually changed to sound exactly like Ed's. That was a great touch as well as several other things they did throughout the episode. The ED sequence was amazing too.

And I'm thinking with that scene in the preview of Ed on the train, if they do a callback to the first series I remember it ended with Ed and Al on separate trains going separate ways with Al's voice over of how equivalent exchange wasn't a true principle but they still believed in it. Maybe this time it will be the same scenario with Al explaining how equivalent exchange is still a true principle but they're going to try and overturn it.

First post in these forums...is it okay? .............Welcome to the forums! You are doing fine. ^^ ~ Tombow

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 27 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #49

Apprentice

When Hohenheim was talking about how Father was created from his blood, it seemed to me like he was about to say he was sorry for playing a part in Father's birth and thus his confinement to the flask. I felt like it was supposed to be kind of a callback to how he considers himself a failure as a father; he failed Ed and Al, and he feels like he failed his first "child" too. That's just my interpretation, though. They probably meant to insinuate something else entirely.

I think it'd be awesome of the scene with Ed on the train plays out exactly as it did in the first anime, with him and Al reaching up toward the sky.

By the way I JUST realized something. That scene at the end of the Shunkan Sentimental ED with the two hands grabbing onto each other seemed kinda like the part in this episode where Al touches Hohenheim after returning from the Gate. But maybe I'm looking too far into it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seeker of Truth
post Jun 27 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 28,876

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 27 2010, 11:02 AM) *
I haven't watched the episode yet (just looked at screencaps and read discussions) but is it true that Al touches Hohenheim before receiving the hug from Mei?

If that is so I like this change because while I did love that Al got a jolt from touching Hohenheim (and I love the it's warm line) I didn't understand in the manga why he didn't get a similar jolt right after Mei hugged him (when that was really his 1st human contact).
I got the impression in the manga that Hoho transferred his "last" life to Al when they shook hands. Hoho died very soon after he did that in the manga, which means he would not have really had a "life" to give up for Al's if he died that quick after the fight otherwise. Also explains how Al recovered so quickly afterwards. Very well could be wrong.

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jun 27 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #51

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

I have only seen it in Keyhole, but I'm happy (and sad at the same time) that they slowed it down and ended it in Hoho's death. sad.gif Yeah, it's raining.

Not that I'm complaining, but they didn't animate Ed's gate scene like this.

And I just realized, Father!Blob looks like the moon and Father!Truth looks like the sun in the eclipse. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 28 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #52

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

^I forgot about that. It would have been cool if they'd animated it that way. :/

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 28 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #53

Apprentice

I think the episode would have been better if the art was more in line with the manga, but I guess it can't really be helped since they had to use the storyboards.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 28 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

well , the artwork was extremely simplistic in the first half of the episode , but picked up later on....and from the looks of it , the next episode looks awesome....
and i think the part where ed punched a hole thru FATHER , was animated by hiroki tanaka....pretty awesome shot...

and to be honest , the anime has made it look like as if the ending was bittersweet (by dividing the final chapter into 2 episodes)..which has actually turned out to be a masterstroke...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serb Alchemist
post Jun 28 2010, 04:57 AM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 69,818

What a sad, and emotional episode was this!!! sad.gif I can't believe we came at the very end of the journey. This is the best Anime show ever!!!!

--------------------
Kosovo is Serbia, Our Holly Land!!!!

Oh Serbia our mother, do not grieve.
Call us, just call us
All the falcons will
Give their life for you!

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jun 28 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #56

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

I can't say much about the animation right now--mainly because I didn't give much attention to it--but this episode was just awesome.

It's raining here too! (And I mean that both ways--it's really raining here, lol. And I nearly cried TWICE.) ;__________;

- Alex got a lot more parts in this one! XD!
- Ed crying brought tears to my eyes. sad.gif
- And Hoho crying brought tears to my eyes too.
- I sort of understand Father more now. ohmy.gif
- Hoho x Trish eyecatch! *____* <3
- Oh, and the no-OP business again. XD But I liked how they used Rain as the ED for this ep, and how Hoho gets a lot of exposure here. Well, he deserves it. He's such a great character. (Heee... am I being biased because I like Hoho? XDDDD)

Overall, I think they did a pretty good job with this one. I am both excited and dreadful for the next (last T__T) episode.
It's really over. ;_____; I think.... since they managed to do a good job with this, they'll do an even better job next week! 8D (I'm just being optimistic. XD)

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 28 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #57

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

OMG...RAINING?? It's not raining here, IT IS POURING!!!

Father cried - I cried
Ed cried - I cried
Ed picking up Al from the gate - I cried
Hoho crying after Alex thanked him - I cried
Hoho dies - I cried
Hoho credits at the end - I cried

Jebus, all I did was cry cry cry like a little girl.

WOW, thank god I'm not the only one who felt a TEENSY WEENSY - ITTY BITTY bit sorry for that little black ball of a cyclops, named "Father".

And what exactly did the "truth" mean when he told Edward that "You have defeated me!"....maybe that got a little lost in translation??? In the manga it made a little more sense like "you figured it out!" . *shrugs*

All in all, I will be bawling next week.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 28 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 29 2010, 12:11 AM) *
And what exactly did the "truth" mean when he told Edward that "You have defeated me!"....maybe that got a little lost in translation??? In the manga it made a little more sense like "you figured it out!" . *shrugs*

All in all, I will be bawling next week.

yes , if i remember well . That is exactly what tRUTH said to ED . . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 28 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (JackDawkins @ Jun 28 2010, 02:05 AM) *
And I'm thinking with that scene in the preview of Ed on the train, if they do a callback to the first series I remember it ended with Ed and Al on separate trains going separate ways with Al's voice over of how equivalent exchange wasn't a true principle but they still believed in it. Maybe this time it will be the same scenario with Al explaining how equivalent exchange is still a true principle but they're going to try and overturn it.

This,

QUOTE (AXavierB @ Jun 28 2010, 02:37 AM) *
I think it'd be awesome of the scene with Ed on the train plays out exactly as it did in the first anime, with him and Al reaching up toward the sky.

with this included, would be so frikkin' glorious.

My only complaints with this episode concerns the quality of art, and the visual directing of some scenes. Other than that, it was really, really good. I teared up at the end XP Now to watch it with subtitles, and hopefully in a higher quality stream than last time.

And, FMA is ending, for definite. Even though this is by far not a perfect adaption, I'm really gonna miss it, and I'm sad to see it go. I mean, it's FMA, dammit ;__; *sob sob*

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 28 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

lol dont wanna burst anyones bubble, but the whole reaching into the sky thing wouldnt make any scense in this story? XD didnt it happen in the first anime cause it was like ed and al reaching out to each other, determined to find the other in the future? What would it do for this version *shrug*

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css