HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 62 episodes
Tombow
post Jun 22 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #46

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Elle-chan @ Jun 22 2010, 10:10 AM) *
They should make the last episode one whole hour =) or into a movie

@Elle-chan - To avoid starting up discussions for the final 2 episodes of the series, ep 63 & 64 here, I moved your post to Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread. (From your other post I know you have read FMA manga chapter 108 ^^)

Everyone who would like to speculate/talk about the possible contents for the upcoming eps 63-64, please do so on one of the 2 designated threads especially created to discuss/speculate the possible contents for these upcoming series final episodes:

If you have read FMA manga chapter 108 please go to:
Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread.

If you have NOT read FMA manga chapter 108, please go to:
Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Had Not Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread.

----------------

Thank you, and now please continue discussions for episode 62. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 22 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,542

My thoughts while watching this episode:

Nooo! T_T Why the lack of Royai?!
Is it just me, or did Roy look REALLY young when he was talking to Greed there?
Oh, May… Every time she cries out “Alphonse-sama!” I feel like crying…
So Riza can stand without support now? Just last episode she was being held by Darius… They should’ve at least put in the scene at the start of the chapter, to show that she still wasn’t doing too well…
Roy casts Dragon Fume! Lol, what? Still, pretty darn awesome!
YAY! Roy and Riza eyecatch!
“Our Father?!” huh.gif Please don’t tell me Father is real, and secretly controlling Bones! ohmy.gif
Izumi and Alex fighting Father as well? I don’t remember that happening in the manga… Izumi was in too much pain to move around THAT well… And Father’s still hanging onto Greed… Wow, that looks weird…
Whee… Apparently everyone can fly now…
Ouch… That looks painful, Edward…
…Why isn’t the crack in danger of destroying the blood seal…? Why would they leave that bit out?
Oh, May… You’re trying to make me cry again…

Still, I rather enjoyed the episode. happy.gif

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 22 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #48

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Like someone stated earlier, the "Our Father" part of the eye-catch is probably just demonstrating his "god" status to a certain degree. It also makes it sound a little "cooler". LOL

@Flamez_Freak

I don't know why the image wouldn't load!? It was the shot where Ed and Father were both in the air, in slow-mo, ready to punch the crap out of each other. I felt like it needed a little more detailing and shading, and like the sky was very bright in the background. *shrugs*

Otherwise, I honestly can't stop watching the last half of this episode. It's just so AWESOME. I think I fell in love wit Ed a little more by the end of this ep!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jun 22 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #49

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Wow. Really I know people have said this episode was good but I was completely blown away with the animation, the action and the pace I think was well done.

I agree with Zonkie, slightly completely in love with Ed the animation in that part seemed out of place. Also not too keen on the music when Al initial meets...well Al....but overall two small niggles about an otherwise outstanding piece of anime.

I have edited a couple of posts a little. See Tombow's Post as to why.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 23 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #50

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

I don't understand how ppl can miss out important parts from the episode . .
Al's armour receiving the fatal crack was obviously visible . .
@zonkie, And about the final scene , the father/ed flying towards each other did lack detailing , but it wasn't as bad as ed and co running towards the immortal dummies in episode 52 .

And i think father's distored face during the fight with edward is classified as awesome artwork . smile.gif smile.gif wow . . The level of detail in his distorted face is extremely high . I'm proud of you BONES smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Grah still no torrents around, I have an amv to finish! ;___; but a lack of royai!? nuuuu dammit! Those scenes were what I needed for the last parts of my video and i cba to pospotne finishing it till a few more weeks on the off chance we get more in the final episodes T_T descions descions, i hope you guys are exagerating about the lack of royai....there better be some, those scenes were so cute T_T Damn it BONES i thought you shipped em, why ya suddenly favouring royxizumi and rizaxdarius? hahahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 23 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

No eclipse release till tomorrow . Their translator is not wit them right now . Hope to have him back soon . .
Tmd version has been out for days though

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 23 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Ye can't find an avi though >_< eclipse do them in avi, thanks for the info though, hope their translator gets back soon ;___;

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 23 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

You can get an avi from tmd too . Visit their website . And view the comments for episode 62 smile.gif its there as a ddl file smile.gif enjoy . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jun 23 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #55

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

Okay, I watched it the second time, and... yeah, it really is awesome. XDDDD
Forget everything I've said earlier. Haha!
Now I'm pretty sure the reason why I didn't enjoy the episode when I first watched it was because of the sucky subs. Seriously. XD There was a part when Hohenheim shouted "Drugs!" And Al kept calling "nii-san" as "Dude!" D: (It killed my first viewing. *sigh*)

...okay, so while I am still a bit disappointed for the lack of Riza's part (I mean the one in the beginning of 107, where she's thinking and stuff) in this ep, I'm happy for the whole thing.
Nearly cried with Al's scene. ;_______; I'll say it again and again: Al is so selfless. (So is Hoho. Haha. Protecting Izumi like that. XD)

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jun 25 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (cherry-chan. :D @ Jun 23 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Okay, I watched it the second time, and... yeah, it really is awesome. XDDDD
Forget everything I've said earlier. Haha!
Now I'm pretty sure the reason why I didn't enjoy the episode when I first watched it was because of the sucky subs. Seriously. XD There was a part when Hohenheim shouted "Drugs!" And Al kept calling "nii-san" as "Dude!" D: (It killed my first viewing. *sigh*)

...okay, so while I am still a bit disappointed for the lack of Riza's part (I mean the one in the beginning of 107, where she's thinking and stuff) in this ep, I'm happy for the whole thing.
Nearly cried with Al's scene. ;_______; I'll say it again and again: Al is so selfless. (So is Hoho. Haha. Protecting Izumi like that. XD)

"DRUGS!" "DUDE" ----LOL, wow...did a bunch of stoners translate that one?? biggrin.gif

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jun 25 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

The action and production values in the episode were AMAZING, but I had a few problems, which I outlined in my review on my blog. Mostly, I still hate how, despite having God in him, Father does squat with his power, except stand around taking hits, and I disliked the whole "Greed just wanted friends the whole time, that's all" cop-out. Lame.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 26 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #58

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I would've liked to see Father do more with his powers. Seriously, what's the point of swallowing God him/her/itself if you're not gonna make use of your new abilities? The only godlike power we see him using is creating nuclear fusion and shooting those giant energy blasts and plasma balls, and sucking out people's souls. Everything else he does is standard alchemy. Even the force field was something he could do before absorbing God, as seen when Al attacks him in episode 60. At least in the manga we get to see him do stuff like control the weather.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Royai plz :3
post Jun 26 2010, 03:43 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 74,500

QUOTE (cherry-chan. :D @ Jun 24 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Ohh.... that sucks. D: Bad subs really kill the mood.... And wtf was the "Drugs!" thing about? XDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 26 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #60

State Alchemist (Major)

Well all's well now that eclipse has released its version .

Oh well about father , i think the guy was too full of himself , and didn't think that puny humans would have it in them , to do him any damage smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 03:09 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css