HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

"Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, The request period is now closed. Thank you for your participation
Valérie
post Jun 18 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,677

ETA: Sept. 15, 2010

Hello, everyone,

So sorry for the delay in update! For one, I have been sick (caught a bad cold) for a while, and could not make any update (yes, this was besides our main translator becoming quite ill this Summer/Fall.) sad.gif
But further, our chief translator for the project, who had been on and off ill this Summer had to be hospitalized and hence was in no shape to produce any translations for a while. He is finally back, and slowly resuming the duties, and we hope to see the progress made as he gains better health. (And, we are very much committed in completing the project, but it is apparent that we do need more time to complete the project.) This has been a totally unanticipated & unfortunate turn for us also, and we are trying to coop with as best as we can, but meantime we apologize for all the delay!! So sorry!! sad.gif

ETA: Aug. 12, 2010

Hello everyone,

We are currently still working on completing Japanese translations. It has been taking longer than we anticipated due to our chief translator catching a bad case of Summer flu and subsequent complications (is recovering now ^^) and hence we had been making slow progress for the past week or so, but expecting to finish all translations soon.
Also, we are waiting for the completion of the Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest so that all the thank-you letters along with Japanese translations, as well as qualified thank-you Arakawa fanarts will be mailed out to Japan together. Meantime, we appreciate your patience. smile.gif

ETA: Aug 1, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program!

This project has now finished taking the Japanese translation requests for your thank-you letters to Arakawa. The submitted letters with the translation requests are currently being translated into beautifully written Japanese letters by our volunteer translation team! biggrin.gif

Once the translations are done, our staff will automatically send your original letters along with the Japanese translations to the project mailing team, and then all the letters will be mailed together to Japan. We'll keep you updated of our progress. smile.gif

ETA: July 24, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program! The project closing date is fast approaching, and some of you may be worried that you have not seen the final Japanese translations of your original English letters being added to your original request posts yet. Please rest assured that although you may not see the final Japanese translations on your original request posts yet, your original English letters are already in the translation process, and the final Japanese translations are on the way. ^^

Also, please note that, to speed up the transmission process, we have modified the process after the final Japanese translations are being added to you r original translation request post.

New procedure: Instead of your sending both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations to our project email address, we will now send both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations directly to our project email address.
And yes, our project team staff will make sure to send all of the posted letters, with the completed final Japanese translations, to the project email address in time for mailing of the all the letters to Japan. ^^
That means, all the works on your part is all done. ^^ Once you placed your request on this thread, please sit back, relax, and wait for the final Japanese translations to be added to your original request post, along with the note from our project staff that the both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations have been sent to the project email address.

In addition, of course we'll post the final report when we mail out the package with all the participating letters to Japan.
Thank you so much again for your participation on our "Thank you letters to Arakawa" program!!

Sincerely,
Valérie (project manager)

--------

This thread is dedicated to category 2 letters from the "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread. For further informations about the whole project, please, go to this thread.

Here are the operation details:

------------------------

Category 2. For members who wish to send English thank-you letters accompanied by Japanese translations of your letters made by our volunteer board members.
(If you want us to "double-check" your Japanese translation, you can also submit the request in this category also. )

Max length limit of your original English letters to be translated into Japanese:
1000 chars (in English). We will not be counting chars, but we reserve the right to reject any letters submitted for translations that are overly exceeding this limit. ^^

Content:
Please limit the content to: Your thank-you to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa, and if you wish, the combination of any of the following: how much you enjoyed FMA, what the series meant to you/FMA in your life, who was your fav character.

Please close your letter by adding your board name, followed by, if you wish to add, (your real life name/nickname) then your country name (your country at birth, or the country you currently reside, or whichever/whatever the country you consider to be your country).

Note: Since the letters are sent as "from members of our board", the project staff will reserve the right to check the content and REJECT letters with any content that is deemed offensive. You will be notified from our project staff in such case.

How to get your thank-you letters to be translated into Japanese:
Post your original English "thank-you, FMA/Arakawa" letters on "Thank-you Fma/hiromu Arakawa" Letters Translation Request Thread (i.e. here ^^).

Our volunteer translators will then translate the submitted letters, loosely based on first-come first served bases, and when done the Japanese translations will be added to your original post. Once the final Japanese translations are added, our project staff will then copy and paste BOTH your original English letters and Japanese translations, and mail to our project email address.
(Please note that this part of the process has changed so that now, once you place your request letter on this thread, we will do the rest, and you do not have to do any further. ^^)
You will then copy and paste BOTH your original English letters and Japanese translations, and mail to our project email address.

* Please limit to only ONE such request per member.

Email address:
Send your participating original English thank-you letters along with Japanese translations to our project email address: [color="#FFFACD"]thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com

* Please limit to only ONE submission per member. If you participate in the category 1, then please do not send additional letters in category 2.
If you wish to send fanart also, please send your fanart submissions according to category 3.
All submissions from our members will be sent together, but your fanart will NOT directly accompany your thank-you letters.

Due date/time: (Please note that the due date has been extended and we have a new later due date! ^^)
Your original English letters with the request for the Japanese translations must be posted on this thread no later than Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:59 PM (on your time zone)

---

For those who wish to make own Japanese translations, but would like our experts to check the accuracy of translation, please write your original English letters according to project details in Category 2, then post your "translation accuracy check request" along with your original English letter and your Japanese translation of the letter on "Thank-you Fma/hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, with words "translation accuracy check request" at the top of your post, then our Japanese translation experts will check your translation, and make corrections if necessary. When done, corrected Japanese translation will be added to your post. Then, copy paste your original English letters along with the corrected Japanese translation, and send to our project email address: thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com.

---

The project manager, Valerie will then make a print-out hard copies of all submitted English-Japanese thank-you letters, then bundle them together with all English thank-you letters from category 2, fanart submissions in category 3, and add the cover letters from our board to Arakawa-sensei (in Japanese) then send them all together, to Hiromu Arakawa, c/o YoungGanGan magazine in Japan sometime during the week of August 02, 2010, from France.

------------------------

After posting your English letter, do not post messages asking when your letter will be translated. This will help keeping the thread only with translation letters requests. The translation will be directly added to your original post when it's done.

IF you have questions, please post it on Operation "thank-you Letters To Fma/hiromu Arakawa" Project thread, or if you're outside of our board, please write to the following e-mail address: thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com

Members who want to volunteer and help in the translation process, can write to the same e-mail address. You can help us even if you don't speak Japanese.

--------------------
~ My forum family ~
Reika - My little sister
SsleepyAlly - My little sister

Roy and Riza fan art contest 2010
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Animeoldtimer
post Jul 28 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,503

I'm sorry if I'm too late. Thanks to all the people putting there time into this. Here is my letter:

Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I first want to thank you for writing such a beautiful original story in Fullmetal Alchemist. You put real emotion and intellect into the story line and created a world that was believable and characters I liked. I especially enjoyed the subtle love of Ed and Winry. I’m happy that the female characters played an important role in the story and weren’t just “eye candy”. I looked forward to each chapter as it came out. I even felt it was as epic as Star Wars! You are a wonderful storyteller and I wish you the best in the future!

Thank you,

Celia H aka Animeoldtimer (United States of America)

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Valérie   "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread   Jun 18 2010, 02:21 PM
- - whippersnapper   Dear Arakawa-sensei, I'm sure you hear this a...   Jun 22 2010, 08:16 AM
- - RoyxRizaFan   Arakawa-Sensei, I wanted to thank you for bringi...   Jun 22 2010, 01:29 PM
- - cherry-chan. :D   Dear Arakawa-sensei, First of all, congratulation...   Jun 23 2010, 06:45 PM
- - deet-tastic   Dear Arakawa-sensei, Words cannot describe how mu...   Jun 23 2010, 08:10 PM
- - FailToImpress   Here we go, apparently this is 749 characters My ...   Jun 24 2010, 05:19 AM
- - hoprabbit   Dear Arakawa-sensei, You're a brilliant write...   Jun 24 2010, 10:18 AM
- - AXavierB   Dear Arakawa-sensei, Thanks so much for bringing ...   Jul 4 2010, 02:00 AM
- - Radadinator   Dear Arakawa-sensei, There are a lot of things th...   Jul 4 2010, 01:19 PM
- - Jen_Elric   Dear Arakawa-sensei, Thank you so much for creati...   Jul 4 2010, 02:13 PM
- - IttyBittyPretty   Dear Ms. Arakawa, From the bottom of my heart, t...   Jul 4 2010, 06:41 PM
- - eetaman   Dear Arakawa-sensei, This series.....is the most ...   Jul 6 2010, 06:29 AM
- - Asagi   Dear Arakawa-sensei, I really love Fullmetal Alc...   Jul 6 2010, 10:30 PM
- - jacksparrow589   (Like cherry-chan's, mine looks pretty long, b...   Jul 9 2010, 01:31 PM
- - Lin Yao   Dear Arakawa-sensei, First, I want to thank you f...   Jul 10 2010, 06:29 AM
- - Nefertekas   (( First off, you guys rock. Thank you to everyone...   Jul 10 2010, 08:35 AM
- - Turdaewen   I hope this is short enough ^^ Dear Arakawa-Sen...   Jul 12 2010, 09:53 PM
- - inuhana   Arakawa-sensei, Fullmetal Alchemist has, in short,...   Jul 17 2010, 08:24 PM
- - DSender   Dear Hiromu Arakawa, I´m so glad that I can thank...   Jul 18 2010, 04:33 AM
- - sealy7   Dear Arakawa-sensei, Thank you for nine years of ...   Jul 19 2010, 04:29 PM
- - EniviD EiraM   Thanks for the person who will translate my letter...   Jul 24 2010, 03:26 AM
- - Keos   I'm probably a bit late to the party, but hope...   Jul 25 2010, 07:16 AM
- - InuNaruPokeAlchemist   here's my letter. Dear Arakawa-sensei, I...   Jul 25 2010, 04:08 PM
- - hand-made-city   I've been helping out with all the thank you l...   Jul 25 2010, 05:58 PM
- - QueenTiria   My letter- To Arakawa-sensei Your works have cha...   Jul 25 2010, 10:05 PM
- - Edamame   My word count says this is 980 characters, but it ...   Jul 29 2010, 02:31 PM
- - MsLinn   I am very sorry for being late, I don't want t...   Jul 30 2010, 03:22 PM
|- - phoenixmiko   Dear Hiromu Arakawa, Full Metal Alchemist is one ...   Jul 30 2010, 05:09 PM
- - The Breezy Alchemist   translation accuracy check request please (Ack...   Jul 30 2010, 11:42 PM
- - Derkenn   Sorry to be so late, I was a little busy I hope ...   Jul 31 2010, 06:40 AM
- - Rainshine   I finished! Finally. Dear Hiromu Arakawa, ...   Jul 31 2010, 01:11 PM
- - Imaginos   Sorry this is at the last minute, got really busy ...   Jul 31 2010, 02:30 PM
- - The Breezy Alchemist   It's 923 characters without spaces now. Is tha...   Jul 31 2010, 11:13 PM
- - Sariachan   Someone in the other thread told me that I could s...   Aug 1 2010, 02:03 PM
- - Ayla   Well, I hope this is not to late, I just couldn...   Aug 1 2010, 03:49 PM
- - Valérie   ETA: Sept. 15, 2010 Hello, everyone, So sorry fo...   Aug 2 2010, 03:07 AM
- - Sariachan   Don't worry and just recover and try to get he...   Jan 25 2011, 04:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 09:06 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css