HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Golden Sun, Anything on Golden Sun (news, rumors, fan art, etc)
TheRuffian
post Jun 15 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,493

Imma go ahead and get this started...

First thoughts on the new E3 2010 Golden Sun Dark Dawn (GSDD) trailer.
Post away, my friends.

Here's a link if you need it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZALID_3Gk

--------------------

Avitar by xMinty...Many Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Jun 16 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

TheRuffian, I was wondering if you could maybe post what the game is about, like some basic info on what it was about, that way its a bit more understandable. A lot may not know what this game is about. tongue.gif Thanks!

-ScarMySoul

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 17 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Citizen

1. Visual boy Advance . Here's a link to a GBA emulator. If you find the rom, and the time, I highly suggest playing the game for yourself.

2. Well, Golden Sun is a game for Gameboy Advance. It's about four teens gifted with psynergy (magic) that are on a journey to prevent restoration of the Golden Sun, a force that will give the power of psynergy to everyone and everything if released. Which apparently, could be very very bad. The four teenagers must prevent the power hungry antagonists from lighting four lighthouses to prevent the Golden Sun from rising.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Jun 18 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #4

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

Sound interesting! I don't have a gameboy advance though tongue.gif Thanks for posting more info by the way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 18 2010, 06:36 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

It's good to finally get some more info on GS:DD at last! After E3 last year, I was so excited by the news of this sequel, but it sort of died down somewhat when we didn't get any more news. But now, I'm ecstatic once again! I can't wait to see how the release of Alchemy has changed the world of Weyard!

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 19 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Citizen

QUOTE (Pyroclasm @ Jun 18 2010, 06:36 AM) *
It's good to finally get some more info on GS:DD at last! After E3 last year, I was so excited by the news of this sequel, but it sort of died down somewhat when we didn't get any more news. But now, I'm ecstatic once again! I can't wait to see how the release of Alchemy has changed the world of Weyard!

I know! It was so hard to keep my mouth shut about it when E3 was getting close.
I'm can't wait to see how the DS has changed the world of Weyard. Should be interesting biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 20 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

From what I've seen of the videos and screenshots, GS:DD looks simply epic. happy.gif I sure do hope all of the old characters will make appearances.

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 20 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #8

Citizen

QUOTE (Pyroclasm @ Jun 20 2010, 07:04 AM) *
From what I've seen of the videos and screenshots, GS:DD looks simply epic. happy.gif I sure do hope all of the old characters will make appearances.

I'm sure they will, but I'm not too pumped about it.
I loved Isaac in the first game because he didn't talk, but in the second game, you could listen to him and most the time the thought going through my head was "SHUT. UP." lol
So depending on what their script is, I'll either love em or hate em tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 20 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Check out the E3 floor demo. Looks pretty awesomesauce.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101752
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101750

The fighting visuals look SUH-WEEEET!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 22 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Hmm, yes, I've seen those demos before. I like watching this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmK-0ALkEs

At the end it shows off the starting village, and one of the NPCs confirms that Isaac is Matthew's father. (Not that we couldn't guess that already. biggrin.gif)

It's also interesting to note that it seems the djinn all differ in appearance now...

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 28 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Nice catch! That's shtuff I haven't seen before happy.gif
Yea, I think Matthew being Isaac's son was a given tongue.gif but I noticed that the faces aren't there anymore. You know when you would talk to someone their face would be shown? It seems like that's no more. Or perhaps it's only with important characters.

Some of the djinn look pretty cool. But others look pretty lame.

I'm proud of how good the game looks. It's very well polished and the 3D animations don't look bad, contrary to most DS games, in my opion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 30 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

No, the faces were only ever shown for important characters. Random NPCs never had them.

As for Djinn, I think that Steel looks like a Deku Scrub from the Legend of Zelda games. laugh.gif

Graphically the game looks awesome. happy.gif And the music sounds as good as ever! Ooh! I'm so excited!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Jun 30 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Oh right! The only non-important characters they showed faces of were the inn-keepers and shop owners heh

HAHA I know exactly what you mean! I still think it looks ugly though tongue.gif
and, I'm pretty sure they didn't change that much with the music >.> lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jul 11 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Major)

Yes, it seems they have Motoi Sakuruba doing the music once again. At least, I hope so. One of the things I loved most about the first two Golden Sun games was the music. And the story. I can't wait to see how the story continues, and I hope we get lots of cameos. happy.gif I'd like to see the previous heroes, of course, but I also hope that minor characters from the other games will make appearances. I'll be surprised if we don't see Eoleo at some point...

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheRuffian
post Aug 26 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Uh-oh.

According to kotaku, Golden Sun isn't gonna be around this year for Santa Claus to put in all the giddy, mislead fans' stockings.

Nintendo unleashed (which is a way cooler word than released) the exact release dates for several of their big name games, including Metroid, Kirby, Final Fantasy, and Donkey Kong Country. Do you feel an empty spot somewhere deep inside? No, it isn't the yearning of a spouse, it's the missing due date of Golden Sun! Not to crush your dreams, but Golden Sun: Dark Dawn could possibly be maybe pushed back to possibly 2011...maybe.

However, GSDD is on the list for Gamescom in Germany, so cross your fingers people! And by people, I mean you Pyroclasm because you seem to be more active on this thread than me!

And yet, there is still more news! Although Golden Sun may not rise to dry our tears this year, there is a new video that came about around two weeks back. Check it out.

EDIT: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn will be released November 29th in North America, announced on the morning of August 30th.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:47 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css