HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Operation "Thank-you Letters To FMA/Hiromu Arakawa" Project! (details On Page 1!), Let's send our "thank-you" letters to Arakawa-sensei!
hand-made-city
post Jul 23 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,054

If you don't mind, I've edited your letter below to correct some spelling errors. Read over it and see if you think it is okay!

QUOTE (InuNaruPokeAlchemist @ Jul 23 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I will never regret that night, Saturday September 13th 2008, when I came across the Fullmetal Alchemist anime on USA TV sation, AdultSwim. I was immediately hooked. Now two years later, I have bought many of the DVDs and merchandise. I've even met quite a few of the English-dub voice actors, such as Vic Migongna and Aaron Dismuke. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series. It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world. I have yet to read a lot of the manga since I've been following the series English-dub release. So it may be a few years until I reach the end. I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written. Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

It's a good thank you letter! Just needed a few spelling corrections. I think it is fine now, but if you still want to re-word anything it's up to you.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Valérie
post Jul 23 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,677

If you don't mind, could you also shorten your letter of three or four sentences InuNaruPokeAlchemist?
There are indeed more than 1500 characters in the letter and it is a bit too long.
Thank you! happy.gif

Then, when your letter is validated, you can post it in the translation request thread here.

--------------------
~ My forum family ~
Reika - My little sister
SsleepyAlly - My little sister

Roy and Riza fan art contest 2010

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 24 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #48

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

(This post is time limited, and will be removed later on. ^^)
<Special Board Announcement>

News Flash!!!

Our board is giving away 1 copy of July 2010 issue (came out on June 11, 2010 in Japan) of Shounen GanGan magazine with FMA manga series final chapter (chapter 108)!!!!

Yes, the one and only, the issue with the final chapter of FMA manga!! This issue had been sold out so fast on the day it came out in Japan that not only it is no longer available from the publisher, many Japanese FMA fans who wanted to purchase this issue haven't had the chance to do so!! (Hence, the publisher is reprinting the entire chapter 108 again on the next month's issue of Shounen GanGan magazine, but this one is the one and only the original printing of the FMA manga final chapter, and we are even giving away, along with the magazine, the original bonus gift, the FMA manga series completion memorial digital clock also!!

This issue is HUGE! More than 1000 pages, with FMA final chapter alone covering 100 plus pages!!
I know some of you, even the one who normally do not order GanGan and prefer owing volume books wanted this particular issue of GanGan mag with the final chapter of FMA manga, even though don't speak/read any Japanese!! ^^

So... here is your chance to own this copy of GanGan mag with the final chapter of FMA!!!
(the following is the pic of the actual copy to be given away, except the face of "memorial clock" is kept "mystery" ^^)

Disclosure: Please note that the copy is already opened and hence in "previously owned" state, but please rest assured that it is in very good condition. ^^

And yes, we are giving away the original bonus gift, the "FMA manga series completion memorial digital clock" along with this copy!!

Please read on to find out what you need to do to win this prize!!! biggrin.gif

=================

We are announcing the contest prizes for the "Thank you, Arakawa!" Fanart contest!!!

Up till now, the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd prizes for our "Thank you, Arakawa!" Fanart contest (jointly hosted by the FMA Image Gallery and the Fanart forum of our board) have been a mystery, but no more!! We are unveiling the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd prizes for the contest!!

Here are the prizes:

1st prize: 1 copy of Shounen GanGan magazine with the series final chapter of FMA manga (Yes, THE final chapter of FMA!!) along with the original bonus gift, "the series completion memorial digital clock."

2nd prize: FMA pencil case that was a bonus gift for the July issue of Shounen GanGan magazine.

3rd prize: Fullmetal Alchemist wrist band and FMA budge set that was a bonus gift for the November issue of Shounen GanGan magazine.

Here is what you need to do for the chance to win one of these prizes!!

1. Go and read July 2010 Arawaka Appreciation Fan Art Contest details.

2. Create your original fanart showing your "thank you" to FMA, or it's author, Hiromu Arakawa.
If you'd like, you can use any FMA characters from any FMA series (FMA-1, FMA:Brotherhood, FMA manga) for your fanart, as well as your depiction of Arakawa-cow figure.

3. Your fanart MUST directly show your thank-you to FMA and/or Arakawa-sensei.

4. However, no spoiler content for the FMA chapter 108 is allowed (it's because we'll have the board wide public poll as part of the judging of the winners for the contest, while many of FMA fans, including those in Japan, have not had a chance to read the final chapter of FMA manga. ^^) If you are not sure whether your fanart would be considered as "chapter 108 spoiler," then please send PM to Tombow and ask. ^^

5. Enter the contest, by posting your entry on July 2010 Arawaka Appreciation Fan Art Contest thread, and also upload the image to July 2010 Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest section of our Gallery by Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:59 PM (on your time zone)

---

Are you interested? Good, then get started!!
You have only 1 week to come up with your "thank you, FMA/Arakawa!" Fanart!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
InuNaruPokeAlche...
post Jul 25 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 74,781

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jul 23 2010, 06:33 PM) *
If you don't mind, I've edited your letter below to correct some spelling errors. Read over it and see if you think it is okay!

QUOTE (InuNaruPokeAlchemist @ Jul 23 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I will never regret that night, Saturday September 13th 2008, when I came across the Fullmetal Alchemist anime on USA TV sation, AdultSwim. I was immediately hooked. Now two years later, I have bought many of the DVDs and merchandise. I've even met quite a few of the English-dub voice actors, such as Vic Migongna and Aaron Dismuke. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series. It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world. I have yet to read a lot of the manga since I've been following the series English-dub release. So it may be a few years until I reach the end. I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written. Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

It's a good thank you letter! Just needed a few spelling corrections. I think it is fine now, but if you still want to re-word anything it's up to you.

Yeah I can do that, it's just I can't decide which ones to remove.

--------------------
If you are a Risembool Ranger, post this in your sig!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 25 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

@InuNaruPokeAlchemist - I think all of your words are heart-felt and awesome, but, if need to be shortened a little, how about like this...??

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series.
It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world.
I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written.
Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

Do you think this would be all right?? ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
InuNaruPokeAlche...
post Jul 25 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 74,781

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 25 2010, 02:25 PM) *
@InuNaruPokeAlchemist - I think all of your words are heart-felt and awesome, but, if need to be shortened a little, how about like this...??

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series.
It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world.
I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written.
Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

Do you think this would be all right?? ^^

ah. That sounds great. Thanks for the help Trombow biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you are a Risembool Ranger, post this in your sig!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 25 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

^ You're very welcome! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tennyo_night_elf
post Jul 25 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 74,386

Sent the email with the fan art I recently made for this operation! The link to the fan art is here >> http://tennyo-night-elf.deviantart.com/#/d2uuof8

If this is not OK or the size is odd, please let me know!

--------------------
EDWIN | ROYAI | ALMEI | LINFAN

FMA gives me hope...

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Jul 30 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

I have a question!!! biggrin.gif

Are members choosing between sending a letter or a fanart, or are they allowed to do both?

And, I'm still working on mine, but I can promise it will be done by the deadline. happy.gif
Heh, talk about last minute, right? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 30 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Jul 30 2010, 03:38 PM) *
Are members choosing between sending a letter or a fanart, or are they allowed to do both?

@Rainshine - Oh, no no, of course you can do both. And you can send as many fanarts as you like, as long as they are submitted separately. But we are asking thank-you letters to one per member. ^^ And, no it's not late at all. I know you have been helping the project all this time, taking care of other members' translation requests, and we appreciated that very much! happy.gif

QUOTE (Tennyo_night_elf @ Jul 26 2010, 02:14 AM) *
Sent the email with the fan art I recently made for this operation! The link to the fan art is here >> http://tennyo-night-elf.deviantart.com/#/d2uuof8

If this is not OK or the size is odd, please let me know!

@Tennyo_night_elf - Thank you for participating in the program! ^^
In case you haven't read, we are also having a "Thank-you Arakawa" fanart contest as a tie-in to this project, and it has some nice prizes also.
In case you are interested, here are what you have to do to enter your fanart to the contest:

1. post your fanart on July 2010 Arawaka Appreciation Fan Art Contest thread (make sure to state your entry is for "thank-you, Arakawa" category. Also, do not use your DA poge but post the actual image or upload the image and use the thumbnail. ^^) and

2. Upload the image to July 2010 Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest section of our Gallery.

Please read more on this contest here, and about the contest details here.
The contest is officially closing on Saturday (although, the contest organizer is keeping the contest thread open till Monday in case.) If you're interested, please check out the contest thread now! ^^

(By the way, all the entries into that "thank-you, Arakawa" category of the fanart contest will automatically be sent to Arakawa-sensei through this "send thank-you fanart to Arakawa" program. I see you already sent yours to the project email address, and if you enter the above mentioned contest also, we will make sure to send just one copy of your fanart. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Jul 31 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #56

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

Is it to late for a "thank you" letter? Even if not translated in Japanese (maybe Hiromu Arakawa can understand basic English at least)?

If not, I would like to submit mine!

<@Sariachan - Please go ahead and post your request on translation request thread, but please hurry. >

--------------------

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Aug 14 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #57

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

AW hell, i missed it

.. sad.gif

there's no way i could send one in, can i

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 14 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

Ja, I just thought of a good picture to go with the thank you letters. Oh well.

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post
Valérie
post Aug 16 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #59

Alchemists

Member No.: 19,677

ETA: Sept. 15, 2010

Hello, everyone,

So sorry for the delay in update! For one, I have been sick (caught a bad cold) for a while, and could not make any update (yes, this was besides our main translator becoming quite ill this Summer/Fall.) sad.gif
But further, our chief translator for the project, who had been on and off ill this Summer had to be hospitalized and hence was in no shape to produce any translations for a while. He is finally back, and slowly resuming the duties, and we hope to see the progress made as he gains better health. (And, we are very much committed in completing the project, but it is apparent that we do need more time to complete the project.) This has been a totally unanticipated & unfortunate turn for us also, and we are trying to coop with as best as we can, but meantime we apologize for all the delay!! So sorry!! sad.gif

@Disasterpiece - I sent you PM. Please check your PM.

===

ETA from the first page: Aug. 12, 2010

Hello everyone,

We are currently still working on completing Japanese translations. It has been taking longer than we anticipated due to our chief translator catching a bad case of Summer flu and subsequent complications (is recovering now ^^) and hence we had been making slow progress for the past week or so, but expecting to finish all translations soon.
Also, we are waiting for the completion of the Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest so that all the thank-you letters along with Japanese translations, as well as qualified thank-you Arakawa fanarts will be mailed out to Japan together. Meantime, we appreciate your patience. smile.gif

===

ETA from the first page: Aug 1, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program!

This project has now finished taking the Japanese translation requests for your thank-you letters to Arakawa. The submitted letters with the translation requests are currently being translated into beautifully written Japanese letters by our volunteer translation team!

Once the translations are done, our staff will automatically send your original letters along with the Japanese translations to the project mailing team, and then all the letters will be mailed together to Japan. We'll keep you updated of our progress. smile.gif

--------------------
~ My forum family ~
Reika - My little sister
SsleepyAlly - My little sister

Roy and Riza fan art contest 2010

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 10:00 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css