HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 61: The One Who Swallowed God - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 61 episodes
deet-tastic
post Jun 13 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,768

He didn't need the slow herp-derp slurred voice though. Wouldn't changing his body effect the vocal cords and adams apple?

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 13 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Yeah, to make him sound younger, one could imagine. But not swap voices altogether.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 13 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I'm sure his English actor can try to sound younger like how Vic does for Ed.

Hmm, I just ran into some fridge logic. In the manga, that giant gaping hole in the Central Command building (the one Father escapes through to replenish his stone supply) was created when Father called down that beam of energy from the sky. Since that scene was cut from this episode, where the hell did the hole come from?

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Jun 13 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

The effect of the silence at the beginning was staggering! When the FMAB logo came in without the OP, it was definitely "serious business"! The special effects stuff like Father's sun powers, and the soul tornado were really stood out, and I'm glad they made them look so cool! I'm too ADHD too really care about the pacing being fast, but it was like this in the manga too, so I can respect it.

Can I just have a moment to say - God Father is freaking hot animated! - there I'm done now... laugh.gif Actually I'm kind of glad his voice is like that, because it still makes him seem distorted and dark and almost... demonic?

And Bradley is a total honest bad arse until the end. You gotta respect him for that a little bit! I loved LanFan's face when she was looking down at Bradley. I also loved the little Royai gesture when Hawkeye reached out to Roy. wub.gif

Ed finally gets an epic scene with "Battle Scherzo" for music! He deserved it for taking out Pride like that. It was more than just brute force he used - he used his learned knowledge of the human soul and philosopher's stones. I love FMA for that!

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jun 13 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

QUOTE (AXavierB @ Jun 13 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Hmm, I just ran into some fridge logic. In the manga, that giant gaping hole in the Central Command building (the one Father escapes through to replenish his stone supply) was created when Father called down that beam of energy from the sky. Since that scene was cut from this episode, where the hell did the hole come from?

Greedling's disappearance is another one. I didn't see him until he tried to attack Father.

Actually, that hole came from the purple ball attack and Hohenheim tossed it up, I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 13 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Yeah, the hole was caused by Hoho's deflect of the purple ball of energy and death. He shot it upwards and it went through all the floors.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 13 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

Speaking of that purple ball, I'm just gonna assume it was plasma since I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Pure Energy in this series. tongue.gif[/pedant]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Jun 13 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Notes:

Nice way of doing intro, shame about when the song kicks in later.

Weird changes in all the fights and stupidly cut lines...

Although it's true to the manga - Bradley's hair changing colour and transmutation rot on his face is questionable considering the use of his body later. :\

Weird that they cut out the explanation of Scar's brother learning about the missing Rentanjutsu and the 'full' explanation of what it all meant.

Did they replace the boiling oil with lava since way back to Greed's death in Brotherhood?

Nice music, but as people have said Kimblee didn't deserve the heroic music.

Art and animation was pretty hot. Although Father's pecs looked weird to me and Winry looked like a different person - she seemed older in the last episode too. Odd.

Shame they didn't do that one panel of Ed's clenched fist in Pride's disintegrating head. (I'm still not sure I understand what Ed even did there)

Next week's art looks disappointing, a shame considering the importance of what happens...
And THREE more episodes?! How are they even going to do that?

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 13 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #39

Apprentice

Yeah, I'm afraid the art and animation might suck next week because they probably blew their whole budget making this episode look amazing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jun 13 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #40

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

Although it did seem a bit fast, I'm very happy with this episode! The animation was great, in my opinion. And I loved how they didn't show the OP. Like what some of you said, it's some "serious business" going on, without the OP, lol.

Sad that they took out Hoho's moment there, but I did like how Ed and Al were behind Hoho and all that, supporting him. XD
The little Royai moment, ftw. :3

Kimblee was cool; didn't notice the music at first, but now that you mentioned it was "Fanfare for the Brave"... ehh... that is kinda weird. XD

Overall I'm pleased with the episode. Three episodes left! I hope they don't rush it anymore, and keep up (or even exceed) the good quality. (But I think they blew up their budget for this one, lol. XD)

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Jun 13 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

I don't really care that they sped through Father's all powerful rampage as God. It was completely meaningless anyway so might as well get it over with even quicker and get to the truly good stuff.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 14 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #42

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

Edited the post with Death Note spoiler content & added the proper warning, and took out off-topic posts for that discussion which also contained Harry Potter spoiler. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Jun 15 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 13 2010, 03:18 PM) *
I did do a double take "wtf" when it played the TRIUMPHANT HERO RETURNS music with Kimblee. It's like, "Hey BONES, this guy is a psycopathic killer, who delights in the screams of tormented souls, Remember? Don't give him hero music, give him some -yo suckas, i'm back- music. Thank you"

Huh, good point, why couldn't they have used the Psycho Strings that Greed got in the previous episode?

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 15 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

What bothers me in that scene is merely that if Pride hadn't made the convenient mistake of eating Kimblee, he would've easily taken Ed over.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Jun 15 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #45

Alchemists

^ That's what Pride gets. He was being Pridefull in only thinking of himself and what would make him stronger, it all came back to bite him in the butt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css