HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thread for EdxWin Fans who had finished reading/watching FMA Manga/FMA:Brotherhood, Warning! Please do NOT click if you haven't seen series final
Winry Rockbell~
post Jul 8 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,641

Wow, I cannot believe they got married! And had BABIES! We all know what THAT means!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Jul 11 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

Here's a question for this thread and dealing with the ending chapter and episode but were Ed and Winry already in a relationship pior to the proposal.

my take is yes. I think so.

It seem likely, by the way, the dialogue while Ed and Al were walking to the house after the battle. Ed tease Al about Mei and Al right back at him for Winry . The dialogue and Ed's face....., Ed " alphonse-kun, it sure looks like mei chan-sama, the princess of xing, likes you quite a bit" Al respond seemly in agreement "she's such a nice girl" and Al saying ".that aside, brother, are you sure about winry?" with Ed making a oooo face reaction until they pause and look at the house. Nice of the anime to add that. It seem from Al dialogue and Ed's reaction, it seem like he has plans for that. 2 year time skip happened, Ed fixing Winry roof and complaining how Winry is making work and was abotu to say something until Al cut him off, than Al was talking to Gracia about how Ed is doing with Winry and Gracia saying "they are acting like they are married already or something like that" the dialogue seem to be added on the anime.

The manga as well. als notice how Winry is wearing Ed's sweater that he wore during the reunion scene, the yellowish short coat. That relationship was building and to have nothing happened for 2 years seem kinda weird.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jul 25 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

i'm writing a 4 chapter edxwin fanfic guys, it will cover the events after 108 when ed returns from his trip

aangst and romance happy.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Jul 25 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Jul 25 2010, 08:59 AM) *
i'm writing a 4 chapter edxwin fanfic guys, it will cover the events after 108 when ed returns from his trip

Rated M / NC-17 ? *w*

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jul 25 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (LooneyLolita @ Jul 25 2010, 10:03 AM) *

Rated M / NC-17 ? *w*

well the only mature part is when....well i can only say there is a mature chapter but the rest is pretty much everything EdxWin. Sidekickep is helping me with it happy.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Jul 26 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Jul 25 2010, 08:12 PM) *
QUOTE (LooneyLolita @ Jul 25 2010, 10:03 AM) *

Rated M / NC-17 ? *w*

well the only mature part is when....well i can only say there is a mature chapter but the rest is pretty much everything EdxWin. Sidekickep is helping me with it happy.gif

What's total fine with me! Can't wait! <3

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jul 26 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

OMG I looove Edwin babies! Here a drew a pic of Winry and her baby. biggrin.gif

http://negative-piano12.deviantart.com/art...ghter-172867558

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Aug 5 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I made a new edwin amv =3 warnings though, it has SPOILERS namley things from episode 64, so watch at your own risk XD haha, hopes you guys enjoyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3vhwfOqpc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Aug 10 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Here's some fanart I did of Ed and Winry. Warning: SPOILERS.

http://negative-piano12.deviantart.com/#/d2w38ud

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 29 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 73,547

A Pierrot's Aria - Then that would have to be the most couple-ish (Haha, is that even a word?) EdWin picture I've ever seen. xD Glad to see that the people from Bones seems to ship EdWin. wink.gif

Dearheart - Such a great job with the playlist, I think that the songs fits their relationship perfectly. <3

Dark-Winds - I really like that AMV (And the song, too!) - I also think that 'Homeless Heart is a great choice, I even found a sweet EdxWinry vid with the song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrL2ftJMYs0

By the way, I have a question... Do you think that (Warning! Brotherhood/manga ending spoilers!) In the last chapter of the manga/Brotherhood anime, when Ed was leaving for west, and he sort-of proposed to Winry, were they already together then? like a real couple? It just seems sort of weird if they hadn't done anything about their feelings in two years before he leaves, but maybe that's just me.

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 29 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I've officially fallen in love with "Homeless Heart", and now it's on my EdWin playlist. biggrin.gif (My YouTube one, anyway. I couldn't find it on playlist.com, much to my dismay.) Pierrot, I'm sorry the playlist won't play for you! What a bummer! But I've got the playlist on YouTube too, so maybe this'll work for ya: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEDED3DD9A8AF760 Let me know if it works!

BTW, awesome AMVs you guys! They're beautiful! wub.gif

Sakuya, (I'm glad you like my playlist!) it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were. (Warning! Brotherhood/manga ending spoilers!) A lot can happen in two years, and it sort of seemed like Ed and Winry were a little more...shall we say, comfortable around each other in that part? Like some of the feelings had already been let out or acknowledged? I highly doubt Ed would pop the question like that without dating her a bit, first. You can't switch from denial to "MARRY ME PLZ" on a dime. tongue.gif That's one of the things I liked about the last chapter...it gave closure, but still provided plenty of blanks and loose ends for the fans to play around with. wink.gif

While we're talking about the last chapter...I've seen this question from a lot of anti-EdWin fans, and I want to hear what you guys think (Warning! Brotherhood/manga ending spoilers!) : Why did Ed only offer her half his life? Why not all of it? I have my own theory, but I want to hear how you guys would answer first. wink.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jun 29 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

I actually wouldn't be surprised either if Ed and Winry had been (Warning! Brotherhood/manga ending spoilers!) dating before he had proposed. Like Dearheart was saying, it might be a little strange if Ed had just randomly asked her to marry him without having some kind of romantic relationship before hand.

Hmm and as for the question about Ed (Warning! Brotherhood/manga ending spoilers!) offering Winry half of his life... That's very interesting. You know, I've never really thought about that before. I'll need to think about that now and get back to you laugh.gif

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 29 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 73,547

I guess you're right, it wouldn't really make sense to go from (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!) best friends to spouses just like that. tongue.gif

And about your question, Dearheart, I actually found a explanation to that from someone once, and I'll try and use it here, too; (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!) are you familiar with the phrase "your better half"? In this case, it's an exchange -- giving one's whole life to the other wouldn't make much sense, as you'd both go around in a circle trying to please the other. In this case, you're actively sharing your life with them, and they with you, both acting upon your own goals and giving and receiving from them. It fits with the most high frequency phrase in Fullmetal Alchemist

So many spoiler tags ... xD

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 29 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #44

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Can I just remind everyone to put an "end of series" spoiler warning when discussing the end of the manga/brotherhood. It's fantastic that everyone is using spoiler tags, but there'll be members and guests still visiting the board and it wouldn't be fair for them to unwittingly uncover end of series spoilers because there was no warning. laugh.gif If anyone would like to discuss it without putting the warning, it can also be discussed in the Thread for EdxWin Fans who had finished reading/watching FMA Manga/FMA:Brotherhood in the spoiler zone subforum. happy.gif

@Dearheart Aaaaaw...that doesn't work, either! Darn country/region restrictions!! ohmy.gif I think I'll have to look at the list and search for the songs individually...

And that's an interesting question -- I haven't really thought of it before. (Warning! End of series spoilers ahead!) I'd say it could be argued that one reason they promised each other half of their lives because, let's face it, Ed is still travelling for the sake of his and Al's new theory etc etc. so I'd think it would be hard to pledge the whole of their lives to each other. Perhaps sometime in the future when they have their kids, Ed may settle down and they can devote more time to family?
To be honest, that said, I'd think that in a lot of --if not, the majority --of real life couple situations, no couple really ever gives a complete "whole" of each other's lives; after all, they still do have their own lives and goals. But that doesn't mean they can't be part and share each other's lives or anything. Sorry if I'm making no sense here. wacko.gif

@Sakuyahanabi That's a good question, too. I, personally, think that (Warning! More end of series spoilers ahead!) they were at least dating/seeing each other before the train scene at the end. It'd be a bit weird for them to go from just friends to engaged with nothing in between. laugh.gif And I agree with Dearheart in that that did seem very comfortable with each other in that scene.

On another note, I'm so thrilled we're getting more discussion in this thread! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 30 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #45

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I'm thrilled, too!! wub.gif EDWIN WILL NEVER DIE! (It may go dormant for some periods of time, but never extinct!) tongue.gif DANG, not even YouTube works? The internet is out to get you, Pierrot!

Okay, here's my theory about it: (Warning! End of series spoilers!) Offering half his life =/= OMG HE DOESN'T COMPLETELY LOVE HER. Based on how he reacted to her "yes" ("Just as I thought! You're amazing! You overturned the law of equivalent exchange like it was nothing!")...it seems to me that he was testing her; to find out how strongly she felt for him and see if she wanted to take their relationship all the way. But I love the explanation you shared, Sakuya. I think that one is my favorite, 'cause like you said, it fits so well with FMA's themes. smile.gif

(Warning! MOAR ending spoilers!) I also ADORE Winry's answer to Ed's proposal ("You want half? I'll give you all of it"); because not only does it speak volumes about how much she loves him and how much she's ALWAYS loved him, but it also echoes Ed and Al's new principle - the get-9-give-away-10 thing. (I like to call it the "Grace Principle".) Everything just FITS so nicely. It just goes to show that True Love can't be bound by the laws of Equivalent Exchange. Ed and Winry are undeniable proof of that. biggrin.gif

JPPCouto - Ed and Winry are my favorite anime couple, too! (Though that's not saying much, considering I don't watch a lot of anime. I'm more of a bookworm than an anime otaku.) wink.gif Welcome aboard! Just for curiosity's sake, why is EdWin your favorite pairing? I love hearing how people got "converted" to this couple, lol...

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 06:29 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css