HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Ending: Your Thoughts On How The Series Concluded, Warning! Don't click if you don't wish to be spoiled
majrakun
post Jun 26 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,630

Fuuuh. I just finished reading all six pages, with breaks in between of course. I'm not really sure what to say, my opinions are going to be tainted after reading all these posts.

I guess, the ending really satisfied me. Like Ed said, "it's been one long dance." It's not the perfect ending, but I like it. I just really love it.

Just a few things I wanted to point out, I kind of wished the brothers had spent more time with their father, like walking home together. They probably wouldn't have much to talk about, but still, I wanted more moments since they were pretty much fatherless the rest of their lives. When I saw Hohenheim at the grave, I cried. Hard! "Ah, dammit! Now I'm wishing I didn't have to die." It just got to me, you know. T__T

I'm actually quite content with Mustang's and Hawkeye's relationship, romantic love has never really been my kind of thing, at least not anymore. They have a really strong bond, whether it's between a superior and subordinate, or between friends, and I appreciate that more than them being romantically involved.

Greed was really not that greedy at all, huh? All he wanted was friends. Even the first Greed seemed to cherish his friends as well since he saved those chimeras from the lab experiments. Part of me wished that Greed has stayed with Ling because I wanted to see how they would work out together as the emperor of Xing.

I was really touched yet somewhat creeped out by the decision of Mrs. Bradley for keeping Selim. It's really interesting though, and I kind of wish there would be a sequel or a spin-off and little Selim's future. Goodness gracious he was really adorable though! Despite being homunculi, both King Bradley and his son showed affection and fondness of Mrs. Bradley, and I can see why as she was willing to raise Selim again despite the risks and controversy.

The family moments throughout the manga really got to me too. The Tuckers, when that s.o.b turned his daughter into a chimera, and yet she still cried out fom him when Scar killed him, the Hughes; during the funeral when little Elicia said, "why are they burying papa? Papa can't go to work that way!" I just lost it, Ran Fan and her grandfather; when Fuu scolded Ran Fan for failing to protect the young master but then worried about her lost arm (again, tears just streaming down my face) and of course the Elrics and Rockbells as well. I think somewhere, the Bradleys are also included in my list. I don't know why, no matter how minor, the family moments always stood out to me the most. Hughes' funeral scene has got to be the most heart-wrenching moment in the whole manga for me.

That's that. I'm just going to stop here. I'm not sure if I'm even still in-topic, haha. (^__^;;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 26 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #92

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

Now that fma has concluded , we should be well versed wit the fact that most anime/manga these days are having happy endings .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tennyo_night_elf
post Jun 26 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #93

Citizen

Member No.: 74,386

Regarding Roy/Royai:While I agree with everyone about there not being enough Roy/Riza/Royai content in 108 I think to me everything that needed to be said has been said. Riza will follow Roy no matter what, if he will rebuild Ishval then Riza will be at his back. The final picture shows us that. They will always be together no matter what. The pervious chapters mentioned and showed us that their bond is that of King and Queen.

In regards to romance I think it's hard for them, especially with this semi-open ended chapter. There is a lot left to tell that I think the Holy Cow wants us to fill in ourselves. Roy is not yet Fuhrer, he is close though. They were practically ready to give their lives for the future of the country, willingly aim for a future where they will be labeled as criminals and put to death, and because of that they are noble spirits. They both want redemption for what they did, and are ready to give themselves for their cause, how can they think of themselves? They don't have time, even if they deeply love each other (which I think they do), right now they can't submit to their love because there is more to be done.

Because of they are willing to give themselves so fully, disregarding even their own desires, makes me really love this pairing and I think the end (108) is fitting if you allow yourself to fill in the blanks from previous chapters. (Father)Hayate having puppies is filling in for Riza since she is too busy (and by the time she and Roy get together she may be too old for kids).

I loved the ending. I like happy endings, to me I don't want to invest my time in something that will make me feel sad that the end.

However the ending felt a bit rushed with so much content. It seems like Arakawa wanted to add more and yet couldn't because of time constraints. I really think the tokuban will have a gaiden or we'll be getting another 4 panel omake book.

The thing about Selim and Mrs. Bradley did confuse me a bit but I think if we had more background info on how Father was created perhaps it would make a bit more sense.

I will miss Greed, and Papa Elric dieing was his happy ending, so I have mix feelings on those two events, probably like everyone else.

Not sure what else to say about the ending. I think for the time she had, Arakawa did a wonderful job. I will be grabbing her next work!

I wish Arakawa's next work will be about Al's time in Xing calling it "The Golden Alchemist" XD

--------------------
EDWIN | ROYAI | ALMEI | LINFAN

FMA gives me hope...

+Quote Post
Fullmetal666
post Jun 30 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 71,879

I didn't like the ended. It was too happy. I'm a big fan of the first anime, so I was hoping for a sad ending.
And we never find out what Scar's real name was.
Plus I thought that Ed should have hooked up with Rose.

--------------------
Lust: Maybe you are right. Where did I come from, and where will I go when I die? Maybe all this time, that is what I wanted... the freedom to find out.

+Quote Post
Cake Alchemist
post Jul 2 2010, 10:28 AM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 74,712

^ I don't think knowing Scar's name was necessary. At least he didn't say "Oh, and my name's Dudley".

I thought it was a great ending. I was expecting something sadder, though so I was kind of pleasently surprised.I don't have anything original to say, so I'll just shut up now...

There wasn't anywere I was meant to post to intoduce myself, was there? (I'm such a noob blush.gif)

Also, did Hoho degrading when he died (does that make sense?) happen in the manga or not. I can't remeber. And why does that happen anyway? Is it like all his years catching up with him or something? It made sense when it happened to wrath, but now i'm just confused...

+Quote Post
evel
post Jul 2 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 72,399

I liked how it ended, but even so, it felt so sudden. (Okay, that's probably just me, I always hate the endings and they always feel sudden to me, but still..)

I wouldn't have minded a sadder ending though. Actually, I think I would have preferred something more tragic and dramatic. Well, maybe I just don't like happy endings but still, for everything to turn out so nicely in the end? Bah, a little boring. I mean I would have liked to see something unexcepted that no one had seen coming, including the characters.

I liked how it turned out with Ed and Winry though.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Jul 2 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #97

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Jun 30 2010, 06:20 AM) *
I didn't like the ended. It was too happy. I'm a big fan of the first anime, so I was hoping for a sad ending.

Ed barely had anything at all to do with Rose in the manga. Why would he have hooked up with a girl he barely knew?

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post Jul 2 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Jul 2 2010, 05:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Jun 30 2010, 06:20 AM) *

Ed barely had anything at all to do with Rose in the manga. Why would he have hooked up with a girl he barely knew?

I agree. O.o

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cake Alchemist
post Jul 3 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 74,712

And winry actually had more of a personality. It comes with not having less that 10 pages screentime

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 15 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #100

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

First of all I love the ending, it was too perfect for this awesome manga. I like every panels, I almost cried when I read page by page with a thought that these will gonna be the last pages of FMA.
Everything was settled in a good way, the chimera's, ed and al issues, the conflict in Ishval, the untrustworthy government were concluded in a way that everyone will understand. Actually, It was kinda hard to tell my thoughts on how in was concluded because I was totally overwhelmed, and was carried away by the story. I can say that this is the best ending ever. And FMA was the best manga ever.
The thing about Ed and Winry, well, I like it and they destined to be together ever since. lol. But I'm really looking forward on Royai which was not, I think, settled yet. I mean, they can't be end up just like that. So I'm hoping for the spin-off story about roy being the fuhrer and with Riza as his first lady. LOL. I keep on imagining things XP
To simplify, the series concluded significantly and the readers will surely gonna love and enjoy reading it^^

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jul 16 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #101

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

The ending was absolutely perfect.

I can't really say anything because most of the members have already posted what was on my mind. X3

But I loved everything--Ed punching Father, Ed sacrificing alchemy for Al (very fitting), Mei hugging Al (adorable!), Hohenheim dying (I didn't really love it, but it was fitting--especially how he died in front of Trisha's grave), AlEdWin group hug (best scene), Selim, Al going to Xing (hopefully more AlMei!) with the chimeras and Ed going to the West, EdWin scene (I nearly died from the cuteness)...

And the future pics...it was just too perfect.
-EdWin babies! so cute! I can already guess names. ^^
-AlMei...YES!
-LING IS EMPEROR! wheeee! And I see LanFan there!
-Havoc trying to recover...double YES!
-Roy and Riza~
-Black Hayate puppies!
-Scar and his awesome ponytail with Miles to rebuild Ishval - perfect.
-Alex being Alex, and Olivier being Olivier. Gotta love the Armstrongs.

I love happy endings. After all they've went through, they really deserved it. Happy endings always leave me satisfied, especially concerning FMA manga.

QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Jun 30 2010, 07:20 AM) *

-A sad ending would not fit the manga at all. It would have been really disappointing if there was a sad ending...especially with all the foreshadowing of Roy's 520 cens, Ed will make Winry cry tears of joy, Al eating Winry's apple pie, etc, etc. No way.

QUOTE (Cake Alchemist @ Jul 2 2010, 01:28 PM) *
^ I don't think knowing Scar's name was necessary. At least he didn't say "Oh, and my name's Dudley".

-Haha! Exactly.

-EdRose...is that a joke? After all the EdWin hints, why the heck would Ed end up with Rose, who he only met ONCE (not to mention the lack of romantic development), and not Winry, who's been there for him since forever? I can kind of see in the first anime, but certainly not in the manga.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 9 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #102

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Just adding here... someone has kindly posted Amber's translations of couple of Arakawa-sensei's recent interviews in which she directly talks about the ending of FMA manga. (Thank you so much, Amber for the translatins!! ^^)
You can read Amber's DivArt entry with her translations of Arakawa's interview here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 10 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

I wouldn't say the ending was completely happy, as Edward never did get back exactly what he wanted--he's still missing a leg. Nonetheless, it seems he was still happy to keep his automail leg. I think after all that drama that happened, I think he was willing to settle with just having an automail leg, and not worry about reviving his mother.

I'm also happy for Hohenheim, who got the mortality he so desired. Although it seemed almost like he actually chose when to die, as it happened exactly when he was in front of Trisha's grave.

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Aug 11 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

More Arakawa's intervies translations about FMA ending from amber1003: http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/34210295/

EDIT: I was talking a bit with amber, and she explained to me a part of the interview I dind't really understand, so I can now say without fearing of writing something incorrect that in the future Arakawa-sensei could make an one-shot FMA manga like it was originally intended.
Amber said to me that when Hiromu Arakawa showed FMA to the editor for the first time, in "draft" form, the editor told her to change it to make it suitable for a long series, and so she did. But we could see the very original FMA manga in the future, that would be really cool, it would be like a "pilot" of the series! ^^

For the admins: sorry if I wrote this info in the wrong topic, please remove it and put it in the correct one if needed. ^^'

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css