HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), WARNING Major spoilers beyond page 1!!
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 7 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,548

about pride smile.gif can he be among those kids smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #92

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I understand people's concern about Scar (I'll admit, that was kinda random, but then again it can be explained by them wanting to make a difference to how people treat Ishbalans so it's not completely unfounded). Also, the circumstances surrounding Ling/Greed which we'll probably see more in a while.

What I don't understand is why do any of them have to have a sad ending? It's not cool or anything. Heck, I don't think it's very necessary, personally. As I touched upon before, they may have happy endings but I believe that the memory of what happened is enough, for example Ed's automail scars and it's not clear whether or not Ed has gotten his real leg back. If he hasn't those will be easy reminders of his burden regardless of his happy ending. Similarly, with Roy, he hasn't quite become Fuhrer yet, by the looks of it, showing he still has a way to go.

Yes, yes, I know people have different tastes and opinions, but that's how I see it.

But the more I think about it, the more I think we should all just wait for the whole chapter and see if that adds anything because all we're basing the ending off is a few snippets of the future. (I mean, I could easily be wrong but there could be more to it.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 7 2010, 03:54 AM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I think we just werent expecting it, you know? Arakawa to me seemed to always tell her story in the most realistic way, even if it was about alchemy. An ending where everyone gets what they wanted just seems too surreal for me even if it was what everyone earned. But some people will like it, some people won't. You can't do much about it.

EDIT: I always wondered how Mei would react to seeing Al's body for the first time... him being skinny and looked all dead and stuff. But of course its whats on the inside that counts : ) Also, I wonder where Hoho's going... TO ROY AND RIZA TO GIVE HIM HIS EYESIGHT?! Jokes. Probably not. But I seriously wonder where those two are in that scene.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jun 7 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #94

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

That must be Hoho going off to die...somehow. He doesn't need to help Ed/Al anymore, so what is he gonna do that'll kill him? dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Jun 7 2010, 04:00 AM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

B'awwwww I'm SO happy TTwTT Thank you Thank you Thank Arakawa for a happy ending. Your my hero! <33

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
gretchen8642
post Jun 7 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 33,401

QUOTE (Hypsidium @ Jun 7 2010, 01:06 AM) *
Hm, all the photographs appear to be of future events, save the one.

I hope this doesn't indicate that the Lieutenant and Colonel won't have a future. The three stars on his shoulder were always there if I recall correctly.

that shoulder rank indicates he's a general, it's a new shoulder thing. one rank below fuhrer, I think.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/023...Korona_Korm.jpg

is the full rank shoulder guide

+Quote Post
gretchen8642
post Jun 7 2010, 05:38 AM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 33,401

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 7 2010, 01:16 AM) *
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 7 2010, 01:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 02:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Hypsidium @ Jun 7 2010, 02:06 AM) *
Hm, all the photographs appear to be of future events, save the one.

I hope this doesn't indicate that the Lieutenant and Colonel won't have a future. The three stars on his shoulder were always there if I recall correctly.

No... they're all future

And they weren't always there: Colonel is 2 stars. I just checked XD

but I think Bradly had 4 :/ (maybe I don't remember correctly)

HE DOES HAVE FOUR ROY HAS FOUR STARS LOOK AT IT CLOSELY!!!

One of those is the button that holds it onto the jacket, it's only three :-/

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Jun 7 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #98

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

Edo you sly dog tongue.gif , knocking up winry laugh.gif

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Jun 7 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #99

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

Wow.. just wow.

I'm seriously happy of the ending. For me, I was ALWAYS hoping for a happy one, because well.. FMA manga has always given that impression to me: There's always light at the end of the tunnel, everything is going to be alright no matter what happens.
And THIS. This just summed up those feelings I had all this time. Gods I love Arakawa now smile.gif (EdxWin kids really made the fangirl inside me cry tears of happiness XD And Al and Mei! <3 )

Though I can see where some of you are getting at for it being "too happy". Surely it would've been more realistic that at least some of the characters would have it worse. But personally, I've never been a real fan of sad/bittersweet endings (never liked how the first anime ended, for instance), so.. I'm 100% content of this conclusion. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post Jun 7 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #100

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

Oooh, some people are being a little sour, aren't they? That's the magic of Hiromu for you- she can fit romance into a shounen story without it ruining the plot. I guess you guys are just gonna have to deal with it, aren't you? Nothing you say is gonna change anything. If you don't appreciate it, go read a different manga.

ANYWAYS: FJDSFJBSDESDHWAKFEABDASJBKSLJDBKWBHWQBSKHVDHSVDHASVG!!! I am so excited! Omg! Edwin! Had babies! Smexed it up! Got married! Almei! Got together! Omg! Havoc! Is recovering! Holy shiz! Hoho papa! dead! Omg! ( ;.; )
Al has his body back! Holy shiz!

*hyperventilates* How the heck am I gonna get through school today?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Jun 7 2010, 06:06 AM
Post #101

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

I think the pages might have already been taken down, but... has anyone seen anything about Roy yet?

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Heiddles
post Jun 7 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 71,397

I need to find out about Roy! Waaah! Looks like it's gonna be a long night, goodbye exam revision! Although I saw three pictures with Dr. Marcoh holding a philosophers stone with Roy.....possibly giving him his eyesight back!?

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jun 7 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #103

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

I cried. nuff said. oh, I lose the bet ; A ;
the pairings are NOT LAME AT ALL. that is what I think. appreciate it a bit, atleast. the ending is also NOT LAME. AT ALL.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

QUOTE (Winry Rockbell~ @ Jun 7 2010, 03:05 PM) *
Oooh, some people are being a little sour, aren't they? That's the magic of Hiromu for you- she can fit romance into a shounen story without it ruining the plot. I guess you guys are just gonna have to deal with it, aren't you? Nothing you say is gonna change anything. If you don't appreciate it, go read a different manga.

I don't care for pairings, don't judge all people with your own measure. I'm being sour and I don't like the end because of too much happiness for it to be kind of realistic like the whole manga was. Don't feel offended, anyone, but I kinda think that this kind of ending is liked only by those who likes the pairings or get too attached to characters. Most of readers, I guess, heh. The plot was something what kept me with this manga, so I didn't like how many things which characters did in the past just went without any effects to make the ending happeh.
Anyway, I think romance didn't exactly ruin the plot, but I didn't like how it was played off, mostly. I think it was the weakest part of the manga (though the timeskip kinda makes it up - lets say the decent development took place in this timeskip). And I like romances, really. I lately watched Last Exile, there romance was played off perfectly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 7 2010, 06:25 AM
Post #105

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

If anyone finds more preview pages, raw, translations, etc., please post on Chapter 108, the final chapter information thread, and NOT on this thread, please. smile.gif

I made the other duplicate "chapter 108 spoiler page" thread Mod-review only (it's not deleted but it's full of off-topic comments and discussions also so that eventually when we get time we can move those off-topic discussions to appropriate threads) and we are currently moving the info that's scattered around on that thread to Chapter 108, the final chapter information thread thread so that all the pertinent info will be gathered on the first post of that thread, and also moving off-topic comments on these threads to other appropriate forums/threads, etc., etc. smile.gif

Please post all your comments and opinions, etc. for chapter 108 on this thread here. ^^ But, please STOP making spam posts with off-topic comments, and also, please stop making quote pyramids (quote in quote in quote in quote in quote...) Thank you!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 02:46 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css