HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), WARNING Major spoilers beyond page 1!!
_Jelly
post Jun 7 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,991

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jun 7 2010, 06:35 PM) *
I checked this site, and Roy's rank in the last page is Colonel General, which is one rank under Führer. Too bad, I wanted him to become Führer.

He's workin' on it tongue.gif When you think about it, wouldnt it be hard to go all the way to Fuhrer from Colonel? What would be the reasoning behind his promotion anyway? I never really thought about... "For saving the world, ROY MSUTANG GETS 5 PROMOTIONS!"

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Jun 7 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #77

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

HO-LEE COW!!!

Is it me, or is that Father before the Gate of Truth? Finally, he gets to see what it's like! Greed sacrificing himself to help in the cause is amazing - it's ironic that Father, who melted down and consumed Greed way back when, might in turn be defeated by being consumed by Greed from within. I'm glad for the Elric boys' happy ending - I feel for them, it's earned, because they've suffered so much. And basically, the family that they've longed for so much is finally theirs - and they've created it. I was also happy to see Jean Havoc walking again (finally!), and that Scar DIDN'T die, which I was so afraid he would. (I know it would have been the end to his heroic arc, but I liked the idea of him truly working, in peace, to re-establish the Ishbalan people. Yay Miles/Scar bromance!) I'm sad to see Hohenheim go - I would have liked for him to spend some time with his sons as a true father - but it's ultimately what he wanted, so I suppose he got his happy ending as well, in a way. The only thing I'm wondering about - is what the heck is going on with Roy and Riza? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that picture means...

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
cherry-chan. :D
post Jun 7 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #78

Citizen

From: a relatively small country at the South East of Xing. 8D
Member No.: 69,870

The Amestris Military uniforms (particularly the epaulets/shoulder loops/whatever you choose to call it) are very confusing. XD But I just checked with a source, and... It seems that Roy is a General. Just one rank below Fuhrer. See, it's not just the stars that determine the rank. The stripes on the shoulder piece also help determine the rank. I'm not really 100% sure, but I think he's a General.

Now if we could only see Hawkeye's... T___T
Okay, so it isn't only me who noticed Hawkeye's hair. Riza, whyyyy?! Long hair really looked good on you! T___T

I knew I shouldn't have logged on here for the duration of the week. XDDDD I knew I wouldn't be able to resist! T___T
Oh well. XD I'm still looking forward to reading the whole, translated Chapter 108.

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 7 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

About roy he has been promoted , for sure . I'm definite . Mainly because of the band on his shoulder badge . His previous badge had lines under the stars , but in the latest preview pic , those lines have been replaced wit a band . I think he's a general now

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #80

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^It's not clear whether or not Roy is the Fuhrer, it's most likely that he's just a General as people have pointed out. xD

I mean, people have the right to their opinion but I can't help but be in disbelief over the fact some people are being so persnickerty over it being a nice ending. xD

And why on earth are there two threads? Can't we just stick to one? xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jun 7 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #81

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I have never in my life heard of the word persnickerty hahah tongue.gif

But I think mainly because, it just doesnt seem like Arakawa's style. Kind of hit me off guard so now I'm in denial. I'm sure that once we're shown the really Royai bits I'l start favouring the ending... 'cause I'm biased liek that :------D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

Yeah, I know. But my first thought was "fuhrer"
Man, I just can't believe all those characters got a happy ending after all that things. Even Scar. And it seems like Greed dissapeared or is it just Ling in control...? So, being greedy and getting Greed in his body didn't do anything bad to him?
I can't help but feel dissapointed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #83

Group Icon

^Heheh! I just heard the word once somewhere and I decided that whenever I could I would slip it into a sentence. biggrin.gif

I think that other things like, Ed still having scars is a good thing, and I think that it's possible that Ed may still have an automail leg? It doesn't look like Roy has made Fuhrer and at least Izumi isn't standing there with a baby in her arms. wink.gif (As horrible as that sounds- but that would have been quite weird!) So while it's a happy ending, I think that the scars will act as reminder of what as happened, and it still shows that Roy still has a way to go...(if any of that makes sense at all.)

I'm just a sucker for happy endings too. biggrin.gif I realise that we all have our own tastes. happy.gif And personally, I would have been disappointed if it was a bitter sweet/or just plain bitter ending...I think that the story that way would have lost all of its point and be completely...well...pointless. And since people have different tastes, it's obvious that some people will like the happy ending, and some won't...it's life. D:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 7 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #84

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

QUOTE (Qashqai @ Jun 7 2010, 03:13 PM) *
My reaction for that end... (doesn't want to write it again...)

trust me , that was my reaction too . Cmon , after so much awesomeness and darkness , the ending did turn out to be extremely lame , the pairings were silly and i certainly , am not impressed . Note : its not that i wanted everyone to die , but somethin drastic would have helped to seperate this from the other shonen titles .

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #85

Group Icon

^I don't get why people are surprised at the pairings. xD I don't think they're silly, they were rather quite obvious and I'm glad it ended up that way. happy.gif

I hope I'm not the only one who is disappointed at this fandom's lack of desire for a happy ending. *shot*

I apologise if my posts are in the wrong place. oO I still find the two separate threads kind of an odd thing to do. LOL

--------------------

+Quote Post
dzioo
post Jun 7 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 9,679

I agree with Aria, they went though enough, lost many precious lives on the way, they deserve some happy ending. and it's not TOTALLY happy. Hoho is dead, Ed probably can't use alchemy anymore (I wonder how he's going to cope with it now, having such knowledge and it being so convenient...), Roy has still some work to do before he reaches his goal, so for me it's not a totally sappy ending, but a hopeful one. and hope and hard work was the main theme of this story, so it's a fair way of including it in the ending

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 7 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #87

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

Is it funny that after seeing the "future pics" page I was too overwhelmed to do anything but spazz, but now that I've seen even MORE than that, I'm coherent enough to talk, lol? XD

I, for one, have NO problem with a happy ending, seeing as we got plenty of bittersweet with the first anime (which, of course, remains awesome in its' own right). If anything, the combination of the first anime's melancholy ending and the nine years' journey of the manga makes a happy ending in the creator's universe (i.e. more "canon" in many ways than Anime1) all the MORE satisfying to me.

In particular, I could not be much happier with the EdWin/AlMei/kids photo (take THAT, Shamballa!!!). Here I was setting myself up to be 100% satisfied if we got so much as an EdWin hug (or, dare I say, a kiss...) and lo and behold the first page I see from the new chapter/epilogue shows them MARRIED in the future with kid(s)!!! My brain almost exploded. >_< It was a distant dream of mine to think that we'd actually get something like THAT from Arakawa herself (despite the perfect correlation and payoff when compared to the original family pic of Hohenheim, Trisha, Ed and Al). I just always thought such EdWin pics would likely remain the stuff of fanfics and fanart. *happy sigh*

I also had to laugh when I noticed that Al is still just a little bit taller than Ed! I guess Ed will have gotten over his height complex nonetheless - he seems plenty tall as an adult, competition with Al aside. smile.gif

So someone said something about Havoc actually re-learning to walk? It looks more like a mens' gymnastics-type set of parallel bars, i.e. strength training for his arms. So not completely happy for him, but at least he's making the best of it.

Scar/Miles "Bromance" = ROFL!!! XD I can see it now, a buddy comedy starring the two of them...

Roy does seem like he MIGHT have his vision back... hard to say. Riza does seem to pointing at something. But does that mean Izumi might have gotten back what she lost too? Maybe she can have kids again? tongue.gif No "future pic" with kids for her, but I guess Arakawa could only give us so many kids on one page (no Royai kiddies, either... just Elrics and... puppies!? XD). I suppose it would be just a LITTLE much for EVERYONE to be having kids left and right. Yep, sorry Royai fans, but it would be overkill and EdWin gets priority since Ed's the main character and all. Plus Arakawa had to show that he's completely worked out his own daddy issues, right? wink.gif

Hmmm, no word yet on Ed's leg. Al did promise he'd get back both Ed's arm AND his leg, but I guess that remains to be seen... though I suppose they end up pretty pleased with themselves either way. happy.gif

Moving on to the actual pages of the chapter, I LOVE the shot of Ed and Al heading back out through the Gate. Throughout this series there's been so much talk of God and religion and atheism and here at the end, this is the most heaven-like vision I've seen. Can't wait to see it animated.

Wow, it'll be hard to sleep tonight while wanting to be glued to this discussion (I love you guys!!! wub.gif I'll miss these monthly threads so much!), but at least I have the satisfaction of EdWin to help me calm. Ah, but I am still greedy... still hoping for that hug and/or kiss in the "present." Not to mention tears of joy and apple pie! happy.gif Soon, soon...

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Jun 7 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #88

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

And so most characters' fates are revealed...

Wait a minute. What about Pride?

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 7 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #89

Group Icon

^There's most likely way more pages to emerge, so that will probably be revealed. happy.gif

And I agree wholeheartedly with Allykatty1. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Jun 7 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #90

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

Full happy end. Don't give me Hohenheim's death - it's happy end for him and anyone who knew his history should know that (Ed and Al, too).
I don't like it. My first reaction was a total WTF. Lets start with pairings, because it's silly. I don't mind Ed/Winry. I only want to congratulate Mei for falling in love for whole life while being 12 years old. Al probably feel for her later. Btw, her older version looks pretty much the same as younger.
I'm suprised that Scar is alive. And does he cooperate with military? I was pretty sure he died in the last chapter. Anyway, the murderer didn't get any punishment? Same goes for Roy and Riza. Riza said they're ready to get the punishment, but it doesn't seem so. But, well, Roy still isn't fuhrer, right (even though I thought he is at first)? Also, it kinda seems like Greed dissapeared/gave the control back to Ling. So, Ling doesn't get any punishment for being greedy and getting a homunculus in his body? Well, him being the emperor proves that braves rule this world.
...that's just a bit too lame to me no matter how much I think about it (though I'm still more content with it now than at first), that EVERYONE got a happy ending. Well, lets treat events like Buccaneer's and Fuu's deaths as part of the ending, it makes it looks better and it's not so far away...

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 07:53 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css