HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), WARNING Major spoilers beyond page 1!!
TheSentinel
post Jun 11 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #436

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,527

I just realized of something...

Arakawa was brilliant!

Marco creates a philospher's stone out of Amestrian Soldier's of Ishvalan decent.

That PS is given to Kimbly who uses it to kill a great many Ishvalans.

It eventually falls into Al + Marco's hands to eventually kill Kimbley and fight the conspiracy that destroyed Ishval.

Marco finally uses it to repair Roy's (he participated in the massacre) sight under terms to help rebuild Ishval.

--------------------
Tomorrow's forecast:
An expected high of 68 degrees, partly cloudy, with a chance of DOOM!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 11 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #437

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

omg i just had to mention this if no one else has allready XD But at the end one of the photos seems to show black hayate with puppies, a) i dont think male dogs hang with their offspring much, but secondly isn't black hayate neutered!? looky here http://beta.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/83/30/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jun 11 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #438

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Somebody at Cloudmanga doesn't like Edwin. They cut out the last three pages of the manga!!

@Forsaken Love : Good observation! Maybe it's his "girlfriend" with the puppies. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 11 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #439

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jun 11 2010, 03:19 PM) *
Somebody at Cloudmanga doesn't like Edwin. They cut out the last three pages of the manga!!

Oh my, that is a HUGE omission, to say the least. >.<
Thank you, Animeoldtimer for letting us know!! I added this info to the "ch 108 info" thread. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Irena
post Jun 11 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #440

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

Overall I'm pretty content with this chapter. The only small complaint I have is that I wish we could actually SEE the characters doing stuff, instead of just them talking about what stuff they plan to do. More interactions between characters would be nice, too, like between Roy and Ed, etc.

Like others have said, more Royai would have been nice, but at the same time I think they reached at least some sort of closure after the Envy fight and when Riza was threatened. Besides, at least we have some info about what they plan to do next; that little bit about Riza using her experience as Bradley's aide to her advantage was a detail I forgot about.

I'm cool with Scar not revealing his name, because it makes sense to me; the reason he gave was more interesting than if he had just said "oh btw my name is [x]"

Everything else = AWESOME.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jun 11 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #441

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (TheSentinel @ Jun 11 2010, 07:49 AM) *
I just realized of something...

Arakawa was brilliant!

Marco creates a philospher's stone out of Amestrian Soldier's of Ishvalan decent.

That PS is given to Kimbly who uses it to kill a great many Ishvalans.

It eventually falls into Al + Marco's hands to eventually kill Kimbley and fight the conspiracy that destroyed Ishval.

Marco finally uses it to repair Roy's (he participated in the massacre) sight under terms to help rebuild Ishval.

You know I wasn't sure that I liked that Roy used the P.Stone to get his sight back but I never thought of it this way and that really does add an extra layer to it all. I like it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 11 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #442

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Oh my god.
I can't stop crying.

Can I just say... I am so glad I waited 5 days for this. I've just finished reading.
I will return when I have more coherent thoughts, right now I can't really process this.

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 11 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #443

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

The final chapter wasn't what I expected it to be, for many reasons:
- Al got his body back in a different way than I thought he would. I was expecting Hohenheim to give up his live or for Ed to give up his arm or leg. Also I don't understand how his body didn't look very thin after he put clothes on. The Ed,Al Winry hug was sweet and adorable biggrin.gif It was nice to see Ed getting Al body back,it was cute (like a brotherly love type of thing) how Ed took Al's hand and put his arm on his shoulder. It was sad that Ed had to give up his ability to use alchemy sad.gif

- The EdxWinry was good, but not great. I was a little disappointed. When I first saw the page with them hugging I was so happy, I clapped and screamed a bit tongue.gif Then when I read the chapter in English I was a bit disappointed about what Ed said. It shouldn't have been about equivalent exchange, even though it was cute how Winry was saying she'd give him her whole life. I would have liked it much better if they had said "I love you" to each other and if the hug was more passionate wub.gif It was still a happy ending and I was glad to see that Ed was the one who started the hug.

- The whole thing with Scar's name didn't make any sense. What does he mean by "I have died twice, I do not exist". His parents must have given him a name... huh.gif How did Hohenheim die? Also did Mustang get his sight back or not?? mellow.gif Overall the chapter was excellent and I was surprised that I wasn't crying when I finished reading it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 11 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #444

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Hey, just thought of something...

in chapter 102... (sorry about the raw, I don't have scanlations in my computer)
Attached File  Scan_040.jpg ( 90.76K ) Number of downloads: 17

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but... what kind of implications was truth!Al gonna make then, about that "Your return may lead to despair filling the world"... Is it just that because Al went back, Father was able to use everyone in the country for energy to obtain god's power? Is that what Truth!Al was referring to?

Probably a stupid question but thought I'd ask to make sure anyway.

The whole thing with Scar's name didn't make any sense. What does he mean by "I have died twice, I do not exist". His parents must have given him a name... How did Hohenheim die? Also did Mustang get his sight back or not?? Overall the chapter was excellent and I was surprised that I wasn't crying when I finished reading it.

Uhhh did you read the translations yet? Mustang got his vision back because Dr. Marcoh has a philosopher's stone, so he cured Mustang in exchange to get Mustang to improve the condition with Ishbal.

As for the Scar thing, it made sense to me... I don't know how to explain it properly, but it's about their culture and religion. Scar believes that his name is a gift from god (or that sort) so because he had died twice, that same name should not follow him anymore (implication that he has been "refreshed" with a new life after dying twice), hence the old name no longer has significant meaning.

Hohenheim was almost near death after that kamehameha blow from Father by the end of chapter 106. You can tell that he couldn't heal himself anymore in chapter 107. His time was almost up by then. When Ed was trying to figure out how to bring Al back from the gate in chapter 108, he told Ed that he has the amount of "one soul" remaining in his body... so yeah, that means he is the only soul remaining in his body... no more "other souls" [read: philosopher's stone] in there. of He knew he was about to die, so he hurried to go back to Trisha's grave for his last moments.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Jun 11 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #445

Member No.: 28,255

Sorry to be dumb. ;_____;

The second to last and third to last pages, the ones with Edward and Winry.
Was that Ed's way of proposing to Winry?

Sorry for the dumb question. ;_;

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 11 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #446

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (CowAlchemist @ Jun 11 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Sorry to be dumb. ;_____;

The second to last and third to last pages, the ones with Edward and Winry.
Was that Ed's way of proposing to Winry?

Sorry for the dumb question. ;_;

@CowAlchemist - Definitely... YES. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CowAlchemist
post Jun 11 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #447

Member No.: 28,255

alskdfjladsfkjalkfdjlkjadlkdsajlkasdjflaskfjasldkfjasldfjkasdlfkasj That's what I thought, but then what Winry said confused me... I thought like Ed was just saying something and Winry mistook it as a proposal.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My inner EdWin fangirl has been waiting years for this! ♥

And Al got his body back. ;______________________; That's amazing... That's so great.

Thank you, Arakawa-sensei, for an amazing series! ♥ Thank you for an amazing hobby/obsession that I've had for 5 years!

--------------------

CowAlchemist.Deviantart.com and TheCowAlchemist on Youtube.com
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands,
snapping your fingers,
or by drawing an array,
copy and paste this into your signature.

Hey, might as well try and see if it works, eh?... ^^;

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Jun 11 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #448

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Still can't believe it's the last chapter. sad.gif

- Father finally died! Yay! XD
- Ling & Greed scene, though cheesy, it worked on me. I can hear Ling's VA doing a good job dubbing it.
- I love Truth guy's smile here. It's not the usual "I'm gonna eat you" smile.
- Awwww Ed sacrificing alchemy. It isn't a big loss at all.
- LOL at the middle panel, everyone's faces and the extras XDDDDD
- Oh Riza fanservice XDDDD
- I like it that Roy got his sight back, and in an easy way too. He deserves it.
- I like how Hoho died just like that. I didn't like the idea of him sacrificing his life to get Al back.
- Olivia saving Scar biggrin.gif
- I'm ok with Scar not revealing his name. And they even said they'll erase his past so it doesn't matter anymore.
- Awww I almost cried when the brothers got back to Risenbool and Winry crying. happy.gif
- I'm surprised to see Selim like that.
- Grumman as Fuehrer... why not? He's gonna retire soon anyway. laugh.gif And he was probably chosen because he's the only General left? You know, the others were either captured or dead.
- LOL Alphonse you're now waaaaay hotter than your brother tongue.gif
- LOLOLOL how retarded of you Ed! ♥
- Winry proves that "whatever you give to a woman, she multiplies". XD
- EdWin babies XD
- Oh the end? sad.gif

A few disappointments but it's a great ending. This is one epic story that I'll never forget.

Thank you very much to those who brought all of these! And thank you to Arakawa! happy.gif

Now, below is my fangirl side ranting. Ignore it. XD

-----------

Because I/we can't discuss this in the RoyAi thread, I'm gonna say this here.

WHERE'S MY ROYAI? sad.gif

Seriously. I was hoping to at least "Thanks for following me now we can marry" or some good, warm talk between them. I wasn't expecting for a sweet/lovely/cheesy proposal or anything (though that would be good too).

And if it isn't enough, she cut her hair short again. Was it to indicate that she's all serious here? I mean, in the past events we've seen her hugging and holding hands with Roy (all with her hair down), which I couldn't call unprofessional or OOC, but rather, un-soldier like? Err is that even a word?

And now look at her face. LOOK AT IT. It's so serious that one wrong move and she'll give you a death glare that you'll never forget. wacko.gif

On the brigther side, we can leave the ending to fanfic writers. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Jun 11 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #449

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

QUOTE (AA battery @ Jun 11 2010, 07:03 PM) *
Hey, just thought of something...

in chapter 102... (sorry about the raw, I don't have scanlations in my computer)
Attached File  Scan_040.jpg ( 90.76K ) Number of downloads: 17

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but... what kind of implications was truth!Al gonna make then, about that "Your return may lead to despair filling the world"... Is it just that because Al went back, Father was able to use everyone in the country for energy to obtain god's power? Is that what Truth!Al was referring to?

Probably a stupid question but thought I'd ask to make sure anyway.

The whole thing with Scar's name didn't make any sense. What does he mean by "I have died twice, I do not exist". His parents must have given him a name... How did Hohenheim die? Also did Mustang get his sight back or not?? Overall the chapter was excellent and I was surprised that I wasn't crying when I finished reading it.

Uhhh did you read the translations yet? Mustang got his vision back because Dr. Marcoh has a philosopher's stone, so he cured Mustang in exchange to get Mustang to improve the condition with Ishbal.

As for the Scar thing, it made sense to me... I don't know how to explain it properly, but it's about their culture and religion. Scar believes that his name is a gift from god (or that sort) so because he had died twice, that same name should not follow him anymore (implication that he has been "refreshed" with a new life after dying twice), hence the old name no longer has significant meaning.

Hohenheim was almost near death after that kamehameha blow from Father by the end of chapter 106. You can tell that he couldn't heal himself anymore in chapter 107. His time was almost up by then. When Ed was trying to figure out how to bring Al back from the gate in chapter 108, he told Ed that he has the amount of "one soul" remaining in his body... so yeah, that means he is the only soul remaining in his body... no more "other souls" [read: philosopher's stone] in there. of He knew he was about to die, so he hurried to go back to Trisha's grave for his last moments.

Thanks for answering my questions. I wasn't sure if Mustang took the philosopher's stone or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Jun 11 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #450

Member No.: 34,936

Only thing that is a little hangging there in my mind: Ranfan? the previous chat with Bradly??? what was that for??

QUOTE (StormGoddess @ Jun 11 2010, 09:40 PM) *
WHERE'S MY ROYAI? sad.gif

Seriously. I was hoping to at least "Thanks for following me now we can marry" or some good, warm talk between them. I wasn't expecting for a sweet/lovely/cheesy proposal or anything (though that would be good too).

And if it isn't enough, she cut her hair short again. Was it to indicate that she's all serious here? I mean, in the past events we've seen her hugging and holding hands with Roy (all with her hair down), which I couldn't call unprofessional or OOC, but rather, un-soldier like? Err is that even a word?

And now look at her face. LOOK AT IT. It's so serious that one wrong move and she'll give you a death glare that you'll never forget. wacko.gif

On the brigther side, we can leave the ending to fanfic writers. wink.gif

Subtle as always our beloved Arakawa, let's face it she said nothing 'cause all was said XD

I think that in previous chapter color page Riza was saying something like she was tired...but then FLASHBACK! and you ahve her lines -about an easy life and that she could/didn't wanted to have one without him- so there when the little little idea to give up and be "normal" arrives her mind...she just can't do it, because of him.... so arakawa just didn't put Riza oen more time saying "following you until you egt to the top"... it's pretty clear , add to that Roy saying to Grumman "to take her as my queen ? slow down Grumman xD"...and remember remember Riza somehow has said she loved him >_> -chat with Ed-.... so everything is clear... short hair: simple reasons again, angry/ not happy faces both of them: they are in Ishbal D: that makes them unhappy thought they are working in their mistakes...

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 11:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css