HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Re-read It From The Beginning Project! (link Index To Discussion Threads And Other Info On The First Post!) First Time Readers Welcome Also!, Read FMA all over again, from the beginning, with our friends!!
Shandorian
post Jul 5 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,815

For all who needs copies, OneManga has them all.Please try to avoid using fan-made scanlations for the Re-reading sessions on our board. If you need assistance, please watch out for further notice for such assistance. smile.gif

Can't wait!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rentanjutsushi
post Jul 5 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 74,532

Count me in! It sounds like fun - I've been meaning to re-read the series.

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Jul 7 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #48

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

Count me in. I normally reread them all the time anyway but it'll be great to have a group to discuss it with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jul 7 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

Ooh, it's getting close to re-read time!

I'll make sure to pop in for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren-Shiroi
post Jul 8 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 72,817

Count me In wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 10 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #51

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Hello everyone, glad to have you guys for the re-reading sessions!!

Our first re-reading session (for chapter 1 & 2) starts tomorrow, and here is a little reminder...

1. Please try to avoid using fan-made chapter scanaltions such as ones on Onemanga.com and other similar on-line fan-made manga scanaltion chapters reading sites as the main reading source for DISCUSSIONS in our reading sessions, since quality and accuracy of translations used in such fan-made scanlations vary greatly, from "excellent" to "horribly wrong," and yes, some of these are on Onemanga.com as well.
(Please note that this does not take away my deep appreciations toward the site for it's valuable services to the FMA manga fans over the years. I'm only talking about the accuracy of translations in the some of the submitted fan-made FMA chapter scanlations, for which Onemanga.com had/has no control over. ^^).
Therefore, please read 2. below. smile.gif

2. For the reading reference for session 1, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 1." smile.gif

(except: The Monkey Is God, Broken Chouchou, Causmicfire, & animegirl95, you guys are already set, and no need to do this. ^^)

In addition, for chapters 1 & 2, transcripts from Viz' English versions will be posted here tomorrow. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nacchan
post Jul 11 2010, 03:15 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 73,809

I know my question could be stupid but... what exactly is the reading reference assistance?;_; I think I've understood but I'm not sure ;_;

--------------------

ありがとう、鋼の錬金術師。
G R A Z I E.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jul 11 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (Nacchan @ Jul 11 2010, 03:15 AM) *
I know my question could be stupid but... what exactly is the reading reference assistance?;_; I think I've understood but I'm not sure ;_;

Transcripts of the official Viz English translations for those who don't have the volumes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 11 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

^ Thank you, Causmicfire! ^^ That, and more, and allow me to explain that below. ^^

QUOTE (Nacchan @ Jul 11 2010, 06:15 AM) *

@Nacchan and everybody - First off, WELCOME to the Re-read FMA manga sessions! And, as far as we are concerned, no question is a "stupid question" during our sessions!. Because if you had something you always wanted to ask, about certain scene, certain dialogue, certain theory, etc in FMA manga, but didn't ask because you were afraid that it might sound stupid.. then this may be the last chance to ask about that and get answers & help from other fellow FMA manga fans!! Please bring on all your "unanswered FMA manga questions" (that are related to that week's reading sessions ^^) and hope other participants can help you out with those questions. biggrin.gif

Now, to the specific question posted above...^^
The above mentioned "reference assistance" is what discussion participants can use as the reference, so that we all have same translations, same page numbers, etc. to keep us all on the same page (figuratively and literally XD) when we proceed with our discussions throughout our Re-reading FMA manga sessions. biggrin.gif

SPECIAL NOTE to participants who might be thinking, "I don't need that, because I can go to Onemanga.com (or fill in any other similar on-line fan-made manga chapter scanlation reading sites ^^) anytime and read "chapters" there!" .... (please read below)

For our Re-reading sessions, we'd prefer that participants DO NOT USE materials from fan-made scanlations (such as the ones on Onemanga.com) as the REFERNCE (such as, using a page from such material as a proof of your point, or otherwise use those as the basis for your thoughts and opinions..) in DISCUSSIONS in our sessions. I am a fan of Onemanga.com myself, and I still love reading fan-made FMA manga scanlations made by certain scanlation groups that are carefully crafted with much love and respects for original FMA manga, with matching translation/editing skills. However, unfortunately, that is not the case for some other fan-made FMA manga chapter scanaltions out there, and yes, some of them are on Onemanga.com as well, and yes, some are with many mis/inaccurate translations, and some are with translators making up own fan-made story lines and dialogue that are not in original raw FMA manga. And, I'm sure many enjoy reading such creations, and I'm glad they do. ^^ But, since many of them contain deviations (some large, some small) from original FMA manga, not to mention there are no unified "page numbering" systems among fan-made scanlations, we prefer to use STANDARD "reading reference" for our reading sessions. (This week you can PM A Pierrot's Aria and ask assistance for such reading reference. ^^)

(For FMA fans in the countries with official FMA volume books in language other than English, please feel free use your FMA volume books in language other than English alongside this "reading reference" and if so, please mention which language version of FMA volume book you are using on your first post on this thread so that we know, and also if you can, please kindly enter information on such official volume books on Non English Version Of FMA Vol. Books thread. biggrin.gif )

* Please note that this "chapter by chapter" reference assistance are most likely to be with limited duration. In other words, above mentioned "reference assistance" you can get now, for reading session 1 (chapter 1 & 2) may not be made be available to the session participants forever. Next week there probably will be "reference assistance" for session 2 (chapter 2 & 3) and that may be available to the session participants for next week plus some period afterwards, and so on. (therefore...please read the next note ^^)

* We are also planning to provide transcripts (translations from official English versions) as another way to provide "reference aid" for the discussions, and currently transcripts are likely to be available up to chapter 8 at this point, and if we can, we'd love to create a permanent data base of English transcripts of all FMA manga chapters as our permanent reference aid, but since making of such transcripts is a huge time & efforts consuming task, this maybe possible only if we can have additional volunteers to help out with the current volunteer, and hence if anyone is willing to help out (we'll provide official English chapters as needed) that would be very much appreciated! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post Jul 11 2010, 07:44 AM
Post #55

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

I think this is a great idea, and I will follow it to the very end...And then we start over, yes?! naughty.gif
Thanks to A Pierrot's Aria for the nice scans! It took me about two minutes to figure out how to see them... lamo.gif tommy.gif
And thanks to Tombow for the VERY thorough explanation and to everyone who helped organize this!

(ok, now I've edited this post aout ten times! random parts just kept disappearing!) Oh, but lol! Sorry Tombow!
Reason for edit: I'm editing out the certain "detailes" on your post. Sorry! ^^ ~ Tombow.

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 11 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

^ You're welcome! ^^
Oh, and this assistance is for the participants only, and also, please do not mention the details on your guys' post here. xp

Anyway, I'm writing the session 1 threads now, and hopefully it will be up shortly. ^^ Meantime, you can go and read chapters for this week's session, or go around our forums, or check out our July 2010 is Arakawa-Appreciation month! announcement, and if you'd like, please check out some of the events and projects listed there. happy.gif

ETA: Re-reading session 1 is on!! Please join us on those session discussion threads!:

FMA Manga Re-read It From The Beginning, Session 1, Chapter 1 discussion thread
FMA Manga Re-read It From The Beginning, Session 1, Chapter 2 discussion thread
Chapter 1 discussion thread (For First Time Readers)
Chapter 2 discussion thread (For First Time Readers)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 15 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

Count me in! Wahh, the re-reading start on July 11, I missed a lot of things =_=. I actually re-read it already but I still want to join the session here^^

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 16 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

^ @Mhacy - Glad to have you with us! ^^

ETA:
"Reading reference" for session 4 is now ready!
Please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 3."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opaul
post Jul 25 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 75,013

@-@ I have just read the entire series in less than 3 days. I'm hooked. I went on my marathon after I realized onemanga would be taking down its manga scans.

But honestly it is the most epic thing I've ever read. XD but you all probably already know that.

--------------------
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah

~Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright

+Quote Post
Sariachan
post Aug 1 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #60

Citizen

Member No.: 75,062

This is an interesting initiative, I'll start re-reading the manga soon and I'll leave some comments in the proper threads. ^^

As reference I'll use the Italian official volumes, even if they could miss some extra/gaiden chapters, which I'll have to read elsewhere (I think it's important to put transcript of them, more than the regular chapters, which are easily available in many Countries now).

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 02:52 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css