Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Fullmetal Manga Top 13, My countdown of the best moments, characters, etc
RoyxRizaFan
post May 24 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,333

As the manga we've all devoted years of interest, passion, and feeling into draws to an end, I have to pay tribute to my favorite parts of Fullmetal Alchemist - the excellent writing, characters, scenes, and storyline. And so, I will be counting down the last thirteen days until the final chapter (Jnue 11th) by posting a countdown in tribute to the excellent manga that we all love so dearly.

Here are the topics I fill in starting May 29th:

- Top 13 Scenes

- Top 12 Cover/Chapter Illustrations

- Top 11 Sexiest Characters

- Top 10 Funniest Moments

- Top 9 Panels

- Top 8 Quotes

- Top 7 Battles

- Top 6 Pairings

- Top 5 Heroes

- Top 4 Villains

- Top 3 RIPs

- Top 2 Mascots

- #1 Manga Ever Written

I've figured out everything I'm going to fill these in with, and I'd be interested to see if anyone agrees, and to have us all reminsce our favorite moments and characters of FMA as the topics go along day by day.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 29 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

My Top 13 Scenes of Fullmetal Alchemist (in chronological order):

1. The Nina/Tucket Incident
Up until this storyline, Fullmetal Alchemist was just like any other shounen manga: a couple of superheroes who come across a new obstacle each chapter, and always overcome it with their beliefs in justice and whatever their "superpowers" (in this case, alchemy) are. They righteously revealed Cornello, ran Yoki out of the mining town, and saved the passengers of a hijacked train. A pattern had developed, but it was suddenly shattered by the devastating story of the Tucker family. For the first time, the brothers couldn't save the day.

Nina, a sweet toddler who captured all our hearts in an instant, and her large, loveable dog immediately gained our sympathy and our love, so when their horrid, irreversible fate was revealed, and the apparently eyeless Tucker proudly presented his experiments to the brothers, we were all just as disgusted, just as horrified, and desperate to find a way to undo Tucker's terrible experiment as the Elrics. We found the brothers were not perfect, that they could not save everyone, and saw their strengths, weaknesses, and the differences in their personalities. At the end of the chapter, we are also presented to Scar, who takes Nina and Alexander from their misery in the name of his god.

This was the turning point of the manga; the start of the long, fierce and unfair battle the brothers would find themselves caught in, and introduced the main players. The dark, chilling story of the Tucker family not only haunts the Elrics, but the readers as well.

2. Hughes' Death and Funeral
This was another major turning point in the story, and an emotional one as well. We all still miss Hughes, and always will. The friendly, obsessive family man who'd call Roy up just to brag about his baby girl made us laugh and eventually cry during his heroic death, where he "learned too much" and then met his devastating fate: being killed by an enemy disguised as his wife. His tear-jerking funeral only added to the strong emotions as his daughter cries for her father, and Roy sheds tears at his best friend's grave.

Hughes' death, and the clues he left behind, were vital to the events that followed: Ross' flee to Xing, the discovery of the military corruption, Roy's obsession with revenge, and, most importantly, Winry's baking talents. Once again, we learned how dangerous the world the Elric's lived in was, and how anyone could go at any minute if they weren't careful.

3. Edward Digs Up His Own Mother's Grave
A scene full of strong emotion as Edward, with the assistance of Pinako, goes to his own mother's grave, clutching onto a shovel, and digs it up in the rain, driven by his father's words: "are you sure it was really Trisha?"

Ignoring the pain it gives him, Ed completes the task and realizes it wasn't his mother, that no one can be brought back to life. Despite the loss, he feels relieved, and sees it as confirmation that Al can regain his body.

4. Lan Fan Cuts Her Arm Off
It's really quite simple: it was pure bad arse. As a sacrifice for her Prince and their protection, she raises a blade to her shoulder and slices her arm off to mislead Bradley. Not to mention that it led to her getting automail, which only added to her epicness. The scene was shocking, and at the same time you felt a surge of pity for her, the thoughts, "Holy ...., she is f*!@ing brave" kind of overpowered that, and her character gained our respect and trust.

5. Winry Tries to Kill Scar
This was a heart wrenching, jaw-dropping scene where the Elric's mechanic and childhood friend places down her usual wrenches and points a gun at her parents' killer, tears streaming down her cheeks as she demands a reason for what Scar did as the brothers stand by, at a loss for what to do or say to make her lower the gun. It was a highly dramatic scene, and a key point for Winry's character as she finally sets down the gun as Ed reminds her "these hands weren't made for killing," bringing her back to the time she delivered a baby in Rush Valley, and all the people she's helped stand again with her talents.

6. Ling Becomes Greed
This was probably one of the biggest shockers next to Hughes' death: the hilarious Prince of Xing, Ed's newest partner in crime and our newest favorite character for comedy relief, willingly accepts Greed, and survives the transformation into a homunculus, ripping away the beloved Ling to replace him with a new villain. It's a scene that keeps us asking, "Did that really just happen?" and gave us hope when Ed punched Greeling, demanding, "What about Lan Fan?" and caught a glimpse of the old Ling- he was still in there, he had gained the Philosopher’s Stone, but there didn't seem to be a way to get him back.

This scene also led to the great character of Greeling, the strange combination of two very different characters living in the same body, arguing constantly, except for the few moments they compromise, allowing one to take over for the other, depending on the situation. He proved to be one of the most interesting, and coolest characters of the series.

7. The Ishbal Flashback
Riza relates the story of the gory, terrible war that destroyed so many lives, wiped out an entire nationality, and shaped the corrupted country of Amestria. The story of Ishbal was so realistic, so chilling, so bloody, and so well presented. The confusion of the battlefield, the devastation of the lost, hopeless soldiers, and the battle for survival and justice was breathtaking, enthralling, and in the end, chilling. We were able to see how characters like Roy, Riza, Armstrong, and Kimblee became who they are today, why they do what they do, and the secrets of Flame Alchemy. Ishbal was one of the threads that pulled the entire story into focus, and was a perfectly crafted storyline.

8. Hohenheim's Story
All along, we were wondering, "Why the hell did the bearded bastard leave? How could he turn his back on the sweet Trisha and his two adorable sons?" In this quick half-of-a-chapter, we get a glimpse into Hohenheim's domestic life, his struggle to find a place to fit in, and his final decision to leave and do what he knows he needs to do to protect not only his family, but all the innocent citizens of Amestria.

While we were on Ed's side all along, cursing his father for leaving, we suddenly sympathize with the tragic hero: we see his love for his family, but also his torment as he fears touching his own children, viewing himself as a monster. Despite being the strongest alchemist, he finds himself clueless and helpless when it comes to raising his sons, feeling as if he can't do anything to help him. The real killer was the photograph scene, where Trisha reminds him what it means to be a family, tells him, "Don't call yourself a monster," and finally says, "Honey, smile!" to which he sheds a tear, an emotional moment captured on camera- the only picture of the four of them together.

9. Selim Bradley is Pride???!!!
A shocking, jaw-dropping, did-I-really-just-read-that moment, and probably one of the best. We speculated for so long over the identity of Pride- was it Hohenheim? Was it Kimblee? Was it Hayate? Was it a mailbox? All the theories were shattered when the adorable Selim Bradley – the boy who said he wanted to grow up to be like his father and left readers crying in sympathy for the cheery, sweet little boy – was actual the strongest villain, the creepiest villain, and was stalking Hawkeye. This scene sums up the unpredictability of Hirumo Arakawa’s story: just when you think you know what’s going on, she throws you off track again, shocking readers and refusing to fall into the usual clichés other shounen writers have.

10. Trisha's Final Message is Delivered
"Sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I'm going first."
The message Edward reluctantly delivers to his father, who immediately breaks into tears. Edward, feeling uncomfortable, runs off with the chimeras, leaving Hohenheim by the fire. "So, you went on without me. We weren't able to grow old and die together, but you still believed I would come and join you later. ...I'll be with you soon, Trisha."

Even though they're separated by death, Hohenheim and Trisha's relationship is one of the strongest, most constant things in the story, and one that has reached out to nearly all the fans. We can feel their love for one another in the short glimpses we catch of their life together, and view this scene in a bittersweet way: we're moved by their love, and realize that, if Hohenheim dies, we can let go of him, even if it'll be hard, because he has someone waiting for him, someone he loves. (Though we don't know if he dies or not)

11. Olivia, Alex, Izumi, and Sig Kick arse
Do I even have to explain this? The two most bad arse characters - Olivia and Izumi - FINALLY meet! The fan's speculations and omakes finally come to life as the two fight side-by-side, kicking arse like no one's business. Armstrong shows his newfound bravery, refusing to run, and he and Sig flaunt their muscles. 'Nuff said.

12. Roy's Chance at Revenge
After years of buildup, the question, "Who killed Maes Hughes?" is finally presented to the actual culprit. This battle was shocking, exciting, violent and, in the end, emotional. The month in-between Roy pulling on his gloves, Riza pointing a gun to his head, and finally, Ed, Scar, and Riza talking him out of revenge were some of the most suspenseful, addicting moments Fullmetal Alchemist had had in quite some time. We all wanted to see Envy suffer for killing the beloved Hughes, but when we saw the inhuman look in Roy's eyes, we suddenly began doubting it ourselves.

This battle was a turning point for Roy's character: revenge, which had driven him for so long, was finally let go - he focused on his real goal of leading Amestria. Plus, it had some great RoyAi in it.

13. Al Sacrifices Himself
First, the sweet Al decides to join the other sacrifices rather than taking his body, wanting to help as much as he can. Sure, things probably would have been easier if he hadn't, but the thought was still nice.

Next thing you know, he's jumping in front of Mei, taking Father's blow with his armored body to protect the small Xingese girl. Once again, his heroism startles us.

As if all that wasn't enough, he sacrifices himself AGAIN in the same chapter to give his brother his arm back. At last, he is reunited with his body, and Ed regains one of his limbs: it was an amazing, startling moment, where once again, all we could do was gawk at Al's self-sacrifice, brought back to his oath during the battle against Lust: "I won't watch anyone else I care about die!"

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 30 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Top 12 Cover/Chapter Illustrations (in no order)

I personally love Arakawa's group pictures best because she has such a great cast, and I love seeing them interact with one another.

Feel free to comment and let me know if you agree/disagree, and what your favorites are!

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
Vladadog
post May 30 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 71,522

Your "top 13 scenes" synopsis and analysis was dead on as far as I'm concerned.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post May 30 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

What are your favorite volumes of the manga? Or can we not do that one yet until all the collections are out?

For me it's:

#1 - Volume 15 - The most intense volume of the manga was this one, which told the story of the Ishbal war. Really very chilling and memorable.

#2 - Volume 7 - In thist volume, we first meet Greed and his gang, see the true nature of Fuhrer King Bradley, and learn the dating preferences of Alex's youngest sister. It's hard to ask for more!

#3 - Volume 19 - In this volume, we learn of Hohenheim's terrible past, Edward is greviously injured in a fight with Kimbley but uses himself as a Philosopher's Stone of one, and Kimbley puts into action his plan to create the blood seal in the north.

#4 - Volume 20 - In the following volume, Envy is defeated by Doctor Marcoh, Greed regains the memories of his old gang, and Al reunites with his father and has some moments of bonding.

#5 - Volume 2 - The second volume takes what the first volume built as far as basics, and continues to build, and at the same time tear down our expectations and replaces them with something even better, by putting the brothers through the ringer with the Tucker incident and being targed by Scar.

My least favorite volume is #5, which has three chapters dedicated to Rush Valley. Urgh.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 31 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

^ I agree with your favorite and least favorite 100% XDDD Ishbal was by far the best, and Rush Valley had me falling asleep at my keyboard the first time I read it.

Now, it's time for *drum roll*

Top 11 Sexiest Characters

1. Young!Hoho - He looks like Ed, but with even sexier hair.

2. Edward - After all, he IS competing with Armstrong for the title of "Shirtless Alchemist", and we're loving every moment of it.

3. Roy - There's just something undeniably hot about him, and it has absolutely nothing to do with BONES making him disturbingly buff in episode 19.

4. Lust - Do I have to explain?

5. Winry - Her breasts are like inflatable balloons, and expand every chapter. That note aside, even as a girl I'm not afraid to admit she's sexy.

6. Greeling - He's not bad looking...at all. And I loved the scene last week where he ripped his sleeves off. 'Nuff said.

7. Riza - The lovely, mature woman of the manga, with some of the dirtiest eyecatches in FMA history.

8. Olivia - Even though she'd kill you if she knew you were looking at her that way...

9. Havoc - As always, we're at a loss as to why this guy can't keep a girlfriend...

10. Kimblee - We can't deny the pimp suit!

11. Garfiel - No explanation needed tongue.gif

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post May 31 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

^What, no Gluttony? Tsk you have no taste. Think many people won't approve that Scar didn't make the list, though personally I was never a Scar fan either (Miles on the other hand). Hughes is fairly buff, but I suppose lack of appearance hasn't helped him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ramencat
post May 31 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

Garfiel, lol. Though I don't find Winry all that sexy, even thought I'm a guy.

+Quote Post
mellulah
post May 31 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

Personally I would have added Envy to that list..ignoring his 'little problem'. He could take on the appearance of any of thoose characters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post May 31 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Are we allowed to do our own picks? If we are... here's my Top 13 Moments

13. Father is weiiiiird

So after years and years of build up, we finally get the true identity of the master planner whose been hiding in the shadows aaaaaand he's WEIRD. I mean Hohenheim was a little odd but Father is just WEIRD. I mean the guy has no idea how personal space works, he's pretty absent minded and he never seems to change his expression beyond bored indifference. This should have been the big 'I'm a huge bad arse' moment but instead we were all left scratching our heads and thinking 'um... are we supposed to be SCARED of this guy?'

And then we got that kickass moment where tells us just what he thinks of humanity.

Epic and unpredictable, Father's first appearance reminds us that Arakawa does like to screw with her audience.

12. Ed and Al's past

I kinda had to put this in because... it's the entire crux of the damn story! As back story's go, Ed and Al's is a pretty iconic and amazing. Comapre to other shounen series like Naruto and Bleach and laugh your arse off. The abck story of two young boys who lost their mother and do anything to get her back, is heartwarming, sad and beautifully told. You could easily take the entire story of Ed and Al's past and make it into a movie, it's that well told.

11. Envy and Lust shut up Slicer

I can't explain why I like this moment so much, I think it's just becuase it literally comes out of no where. Last we saw of the mysterious Lust and Envy, they were in Lior and East City, so we never expected them to just turn up like that. On top of that, after Ed just made a big deal of keeping those two alive, to have Lust and Envy come along and kill them anyway, was just cruel and showed the key difference between our heroes and villains beautifully. Also you can't argue with Envy's badass smile in that last image of Chapter 12, it just screams 'we're badasses'.

10. Nina Tucker

Another obvious choice, this was the turning point in the series. I haven't got much to say on this than has already been said, but this is a great stand alone story. In the grand scheme of things, this did little to add to the plot other than give Scar a person to kill, but ultimately this was a story that showed the darker side of Ed's world. It raised questions in Ed's mind and audiences, in about how horrific Ed and Al's crime was, and if they were as bad as Shou himself. Emotionally powerful and shocking, I don't think there was a dry eye in the place when this chapter came out.

9. Scar murders Winry's Parents

I'm counting this plot line from beginning to end as one moment. Scar kills two doctors out of rage and it comes back to haunt him. While the original anime in my opinion never really went anywhere with the whole 'winry's dead parents' and 'end teh cycle of revenge' plots, Arakawa knocked them out of the park. Winry's hatred and despair in that moment where she takes the gun was there for all to see, and finally gave the character some much needed developement beyond her role as Ed's squeeze. Not to mention giving some of the most iconic scenes of the entire series.

8. Greed/Ling VS Wrath; the Final Battle

Greed, Ling and Wrath have a really interesting rivalry going throughout the series, with every time these characters face off being greater than the last. Wrath VS Greed, awesome. Ling VS Wrath, EVEN MORE AWESOME. Greed VS Wrath again, OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO PASS OUT THAT IS SO AWESOME. So when Wrath turned up after being supposedly dead, I was on the edge of my seat. I knew it was coming, but I had no idea how awesome it would be. How could you not get chills as you saw that image of Greed sitting upon the ledge, his trademark grin as he looked down and challenged his rival to the final battle. KICK. arse.

7. Scar looks down on Kimblee

Another great rivalry, Scar and Kimblee always made for interesting watching. But the greatest moment of their shared hatred, is the moment Scar, escaping with Winry, stands high above Kimblee, mocking him that their positions have switched. You can just see how much Kimblee despises Scar in that moment. This was a character who was so carefree and smiley all the time, it was down right terrifying, but here we see Kimblee showing his anger for all to see. It was another great iconic moment, and a geat way to end their battles.

6. Mustang burns Lust to death

Now if it were up to me, all the Homunculus deaths would be on this list, but I have to be fair I suppose. Lust's isn't the best in my opinion, but she set the standard higher than some of her siblings could meet (sorry Wrath and Sloth, you're deaths just weren't as epic) Her dying words, the sheer epicness of what we were seeing, the Manga was perfect.

Then episode 19 of Brotherhood came along, stuck a kickass song in there and we got one of the greatest moments ever. Sheer pefection.

5. Pride swallows Gluttony

Yeah are you surprised that Pride's gotten onto my top 13 list? I'm sorry but this is the moment that got me interested in reading the manga again. If I'm honest, up until this point, things were still okay and gripping, but nothing had really set my imagination alight. Nothing had made me desperate for the next chapter. Well luckily things were ignited again as we have this super creepy moment as Pride proves just what a bad arse he is by mercilessly killing and absorbing his brother. Look at that page after he's finished, licking his lips with a sneer as he announces his new power, and tell me you don't get chills.

4. "I'M COMING BACK FOR YOU!!!"

So yeah, after years and years we finally get to see Al's body and... it's skinny and weird looking. Okay that's pretty epic right there, so what do we get to top it off? Ed screaming and yelling and promising Al that he'll come back for his body some day. Okay, that's so cool I just wet my pants. Surely the anime can't make it any cooler? Right.

WRONG. The anime with music and altering the scnee slightly so Ed PUNCHES THROUGH THE GATE OF TRUTH, Brotherhood managed to make me squeel with delight all over again.

3. Envy confesses his true feelings

Wow that sounds odd. Yeah I know there's mixed opinion about the whole Envy matter, and I should add that number 14 in my top 15 would've been teh first time Marcoh takes down Envy. However, in my opinion, this scene is fantastic. Not the burning and angsting that Mustang does before, sorry but that was only okay. No, what is great to me is the moment that Ed realises what Envy is really all about, and Envy is torn apart by his grief. Seeing such a fan favourite character get such an emotionally gripping and even sad death, was just fantastic.

And AGAIN I'd say Brotherhood improved it, actually making me choke up for one of the first times. OVER FRIGGIN ENVY.

2. Ed takes down Pride

Yes another Pride moment, and a pretty recent one at that I'll add, but I'm sorry this moment is one of my favourites. The entire fight is just so well done. Pride is a great character and his true nature is revealed here. He's a freaking coward. He's probably the most cowardly of the Homunculus. He hides in the shadows and gets others to do work for him, because he's afraid of dying. He ate his own brother to keep himself alive. He goes on and on about his pride as a Homunculus, but he tries to take a human body first chance he gets. And it bites him in the butt. Kimblee returns (already epic) and holds back Pride so Ed can take him down once and for all. I can't wait to see this moment animated in full, because with the right music and animation, this will end up giving you chills.

1. Hohenheim's Past

Yes again already been mentioned but it's worth repeating. This moment in the series is fantastic. It shows us so much and yet is so character driven. Yes all these epic things are happening, but it's also all about these two characters. Hoho and Father are the central part of this story. We learn so much about our villain it's unreal. We learn what kind of person he is, we see glimpses of the children he will spawn in his personality (Envy and Pride come through him here so much it's unreal.) Name one other series where a flashback like this could be driven so hard by the personalities of the characters like this, instead of by the ideas.

So there's my top 13, I'm sure some people wont agree with some choices, but those are the moments I love to read over and over again smile.gif

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post May 31 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 44,714

13. Bradley invites Mustang, Elric bros. over for tea
Way to be nice and open about everything, Wrath. "Yup, we're the bad guys. And we're taking all your loved ones as hostages, so you won't be causing any problems for us now will you? And I hope you don't mind that I just split all your loyal followers to the four corners of the country, plus Hawkeye who will be working for me now."

12. Winry turns a corner with Scar
Finally presented with an injured, incapacitated Scar - Winry talks to him face to face and decides not to live a life of hate. She goes to help tend Scar's wounds instead. She tells him she does not forgive him, but that she will carry on. A nice turnaround for Winry, and surely a defining moment for Scar as well. Plus then she's brave enough to come up with that plan to get everyone out of there safely. Nice going, Winry - showing you can be useful for more than just automail and emotional support.

11. Olivia kills Raven
It starts hitting the fan with this. Fortunately, Olivia was able to use the situation to weasel her way deep into the enemy's territory.

10. Ed sees Al's body at the gate
The escape from Gluttony's stomach is secondary compared to the emotional impact of Ed coming to grips with using Envy's philosopher's stone, and then seeing Al's skin and bones body waiting at the gate.

9. Scar completes his brother's research
Scar of all people, is the one who figures everything out. So much for being an obsolete character - he is basically responsible for the ability of everyone to fight back against Father. Who knew.

8. Nina Tucker
First major tragedy of FMA, and a nasty one at that. A dose of real life for the Elrics. It's not all daisies and roses anymore.

7. Hughes' death
Major setback for Mustang and crew. The emotional impact aside, Hughes would have been an invaluable asset to the team had he not been killed. And of course this sets a lot of things in motion.

6. Hohenheim's past
Particularly Xerxes and the family portrait. Enough said.

5. Roy saves Maria Ross
If you are watching FMA:B or reading the manga for the first time, without having seen the original FMA anime, the character of Roy is not very developed at this point in the story. The idea that Roy actually killed Ross, particularly in the manga, is extremely believable - and in the manga, it is not right away that we find out that he did not kill her. This, followed immediately by Roy killing Lust, goes to prove early on how awesome Roy is.

4. Al sacrifices himself for Ed
We still don't know how everyone will end up, but this was pretty intense.

3. Edward discovers the main ingredient for the stone
Ed decodes Marco's research notes. Not only is this a crushing blow to Ed and Al's aspirations to regain their bodies, but it opens up a huge can of worms which involves the corruption of the military and those who are behind it all, plus directly leading to the death of Hughes.

And the two winners, I couldn't decide. I think they are the two most intense/profound scenes in the manga:

TIE - 1. Roy's vengeful flamerape and Envy's death
The culmination of years' worth of built up emotions. Between Roy's stubbornness and being forced to let go, Riza's desperate attempt to stop Roy, and Envy's tragic last moments, you're not even sure which character to feel more sorry for. Roy even turns his back on Riza for a moment, and Envy totally breaks down. Definitely one of the most epic moments in the story.

TIE- 1. Greed kills Bido
This scene was one of the few where the anime actually lived up to the intensity in the manga. This is an intense, key moment which eventually causes Greed to team up with Ed and crew, and sets the stage for a very complex character.
Greed: "Sorry, pal, that was probably the old Greed. I don't know you at all."
Lin: "Well well well, this is a new low for you, Greed! Betraying one of your closest friends? What's WRONG with you???"
Greed: "They are not...friends!"
Lin: "Then whose memories are these? You trying to tell me that Bido was lying?"
Greed: "Those are the old Greed's memories, not mine!"
Lin: "Then why does it hurt so bad?"
Greed: The last Greed's soul had all the memories wiped - it was purified! I've forgotten the past!"
Lin: "You can't forget it! The souls of true friends are linked by a bond! You can't wash a soul clean of something that's become a part of it! Look! Their souls are screaming in agony! Greed! - You've cut down your souls family - with your own hands! And you call yourself Greed? He who wants the whole world for himself? You're a joke!"

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 1 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Top 10 Funniest Moments

1. Al is mistaken for the Fullmetal Alchemist...like 100 times

2. "You're useless in the rain" Honestly, it'll never get old.

3. Hughes. No specifiation needed.

4. Al in the Devil's Nest, particuarly when he makes it seem like his brother's dead and they all begin feeling guilty.

5. Barry the Chopper

6. Ed runs around Central fixing things in order to catch Scar's attention.

7. Ed and Ling eat boots.

8. Grumman dresses as a woman to meet Roy

9. Kimblee mindf*!@s a security guard with a toy watch

10. When reunited with his son, Hohenheim cries, "MY VINTAGE ARMOR???!!!!"

(honorable mention: Bradley's mangos and Garfiel attempting to give the brother's a strip tease in Rush Valley)

--------------------

Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:

+Quote Post
ramencat
post Jun 1 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 72,594

My personal favorite funny moment is Barry the Chopper meets Riza and subsequently falls for her. Wrong victim, dude.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 1 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

One of my personal favorite funny moments was Ed getting all o_0 when Winry doesn't notice he's there until she's got her shirt nearly off plus the following sequence, and Heinkel carrying Ed as they run away from the M.P.s

--------------------

+Quote Post
CadenG
post Jun 2 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 67,641

I loved it when Ed freaked out in front of Winry and started naming the Periodic Table of Elements.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 09:46 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css