HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Episode 56: The Return Of The Führer - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 56 episodes
Chiyo
post May 8 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 2. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 56 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 56 episodes.

As exciting as the release of chapter 107 is, do not mention any spoilers here please.

Please don't ask for links on where to watch this episode, raw or subbed. Discussions on 'where to watch' belong in Where/How to Watch FMA Series 2. Don't post screencaps unless highlighting something important about the content of the episode. Just like on in most area's of the board, avoid one line posts, spam of any kind or conversations between two members.

Screenshots: see Broken Chouchou's post

Summary: Hohenheim reveals that he is working in tandem with the souls residing in himself, surprising Father. Father is attacked by the souls he took into himself from Hohenheim, but sheds his mortal shell, becoming a black phantom, resembling his flask form. Above, Fuhrer King Bradley/Wrath attacks the Briggs troops, making quick work of Buccaneer. However, Greed appears before he can attack Falman. The news of the Fuhrer's return are relayed to Mrs. Bradley at the radio station. Mustang's subordinates are forced to blame the coup on Major General Armstrong. Greed engages in battle with Wrath, with Buccaneer returning and taking Bradley's sword from him (by being impaled with it). Central troops move into the HQ, but are taken out by Fuu, who then comes to the aid of Greed and the others.
- © Penguintruth, used with his permission, taken from his blog.

*WARNING*

Please follow these simple rules;

-Do not spam.
-Add spoiler tags to spoilers
-Do not go off topic
-Do not fight

Spam means one line posts that contain little content. "OMG that ep was so cool" would be an example of spam. If you enjoyed the episode please specify what you enjoyed so much, was there anything you didn't like?

Spoilers mean anything you know will happen in upcoming episodes. Not everybody reads the manga and you may reveal something they didn't know. For future episode discussion, please go to the relevant topic. If you are unsure how to use spoiler tags, please ask.

Going off topic means discussing a characters actions outside of the episode, or talking about the artwork, or upcoming episodes etc. I know this can happen easily so don't be upset if I move your posts or guide you in the right direction. Double check the forum for the right place to take your post, or if required, start a new topic.

Everybody can voice their opinion, and nobody is correct just as nobody is incorrect. Because none of you will spam (right?) people will justify why they didn't like something. You are welcome to say "well I like that part because..." but you CAN NOT say "no you are wrong because..."

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Radadinator
post May 11 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,706

Wait.
Were Ed AND Al completely absent from this episode?

Anything involving Bradley in the manga needs to be animated for that extra level of pure badass.

Some parts of this were pretty unbelievable, though.
Like a tank driving up stairs.
Or Buccaneer, whom I'm assuming is made of cold, hard iron.

But I like how they did Blob Father's voice. If Blob Father was talking in his regular voice, I probably wouldn't have been able to take him seriously.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Chiyo   Episode 56: The Return Of The Führer - Content Discussion Thread   May 8 2010, 11:01 AM
- - penguintruth   My initial thoughts: - It's great that they...   May 9 2010, 01:31 AM
- - Michiyo-   - Oh, we start with the Hoho flashback that was in...   May 9 2010, 01:35 AM
- - Broken Chouchou   Screens: http://randomc.net/2010/05/09/fullmetal-a...   May 9 2010, 02:53 AM
- - fma_milan_freak   Thanks a million for those screens . . Well , look...   May 9 2010, 04:07 AM
- - JELEE   Thanks for the screens Broken Chouchou. Man, I usu...   May 9 2010, 04:22 AM
- - Mr. Deathy   Some strange changes (tank in the tunnel, added fi...   May 9 2010, 09:10 AM
- - Broken Chouchou   Yess!! Awesome!! I love how the su...   May 9 2010, 12:33 PM
- - fma_milan_freak   Lookin at the first few minutes of the episode , a...   May 9 2010, 12:51 PM
- - Bag of Magic Food   Holy crap, how are they gonna beat the fuhrer with...   May 9 2010, 12:59 PM
|- - Mr. Deathy   QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ May 9 2010, 01...   May 9 2010, 01:15 PM
- - Bag of Magic Food   So there's absolutely nobody who could have gi...   May 9 2010, 01:19 PM
- - deet-tastic   And thus Brotherhood proves to me again why it is ...   May 9 2010, 01:47 PM
- - EveningAlchemist   Ooooh! Loved the music playing at the very be...   May 9 2010, 04:33 PM
- - deet-tastic   Yeah, it was a bloody good fun-fest. And you can T...   May 9 2010, 10:49 PM
- - Animeoldtimer   I thought they did the fight scene very well. I li...   May 10 2010, 04:40 AM
- - Vagrant   (On a totally unrelated note, when the hell is cha...   May 10 2010, 05:02 AM
|- - Mr. Deathy   QUOTE (Vagrant @ May 10 2010, 05:02 AM) T...   May 10 2010, 07:00 AM
- - Broken Chouchou   Well, they nailed the desert feel perfectly. You c...   May 10 2010, 07:24 AM
- - penguintruth   There was some extremely awesome action in this ep...   May 14 2010, 11:11 PM
- - Bag of Magic Food   The thing that bugged me once I had read the corre...   May 16 2010, 02:12 AM
- - Vagrant   I think the Fuhrer's grenade is meant to be on...   May 16 2010, 03:59 AM
- - Bag of Magic Food   Ah, okay, cool. But in the manga it looked differ...   May 16 2010, 04:12 AM
- - Vagrant   Ah, so it is. I associated it with the WW2 grenade...   May 16 2010, 05:25 AM
- - Michiyo-   Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 56 (on CN ...   Jul 30 2011, 02:16 PM
- - Tombow   For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on ...   Oct 20 2012, 07:00 PM
- - Tombow   For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on ...   Dec 7 2013, 06:58 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css