HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 52: Everyone's Power - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 52 episodes
Vagrant
post Apr 12 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,830

I liked the music (although using the vocal track was like whaaat?) and the action.
Also, for some reason, Kimblee's breathing at the end sounded really...Right.

More manga-related but I still think Sloth's power being speed is genius.

I didn't like them making Ed with a spear versus the zombies a slideshow instead of actual animation. But I guess it's censorshippy.

But yeah, I have yet to re-read the manga so I fully expect to be angry about it.

Sort of looking forward to next weeks. I hope they make the burnination as cathartic as it was in the manga. But it's still going to contain the plot point I hate. >_<

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Apr 12 2010, 04:53 AM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

-Al vs Pride and Kimblee was the highlight of the episode for me.
-Nice surprise use of "Rain", I found it to sync really well (and all the fights transitioned well too) actually and improved Olivier's moving (?) eyes when Alex saved her yet again, one of the few times she blatantly shows any sign of affection for her brother.
-Central soldiers are kinda dumb - looking for an "Ice Cream" truck when there's a Flame ALCHEMIST on the other team and pointing guns at the Armstrongs.
-The BGM track when Kimblee ate Pride - has that been on an OST yet? I only remember hearing it when Winry picked up that gun.
-End of the episode seemed abrupt.
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview. Next week's set of episodes (10 & 53) will go together really well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Apr 12 2010, 07:45 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 12 2010, 12:53 PM) *
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview.

Me neither, but probably for a very different reason.

Go take a look at Envy's transformation in episode 43. Now take another look at Envy in the preview for 53.

Reused animation, much? Screw you Bones, how lazy can you get?

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 12 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #19

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I liked this episode; the animation was great. However, the art looked really weird in some places. xD
The zombie dolls just scare the crap out of me, things that are dead should stay dead. Same with Sloth- his speed was freaky; if something was coming towards me at that speed, you wouldn't see me for dust because I'd be straight out the door. xD

I felt like I couldn't breathe when Kimbley was struggling for breath; it sounded so painful and it sent shivers down my spine.

The music was also really good--adding Rain was a little weird, but it wasn't entirely unfitting.

Also, Mustang's entrance was win. Even when my sister walked in she was like "YEAH! GO MUSTANG!" xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Apr 12 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

As I've already mentioned, I haven't read this part of the manga, so didn't know how things would play out dead on, which was a nice change. Slightly mixed feelings about this episode though, to be honest. It was pretty good, but in comparison to last weeks, which slightly much blew me away, it was a minor letdown. Animation was overall more consistent here, but the music was not used as well at all.

Some comments:

- I liked the fight against Pride and Kimbley. Alphonse handled himself pretty well out there, both in terms of wooping some butt, and also of course in looking awesome while doing it. Both the sword sequence and the dragon transmutation were pretty neat, I especially found the angles of the latter to be damn cool.

- Yoki saving the day, I really felt his bravery tongue.gif While it was lolful, it was still epic, and a little moving in a way, no one had expected him to come out there. But he did.

- Kimbley getting bitten was lacking on impact for me, could have been much, much better. But the scene afterwards, where he is lying in pain on the ground, struggling for breath, almost made up for it. Pride eating him was definitely creepy and disturbing enough in my opinion.

- But really, despite some pretty good scenes on Al and co's part, Olivier and Alex owned this episode. The Opening song did not feel right for me, while Ed was fighting zombies. The scene itself wasn't powerful or emotional in any way. So I thought that was lame. But then it transitioned to Alex and Olivier, the former being all noble in a moment of epic heroicness. HERE the song fitted, accompanying - or even enhancing - the scene very well. Quite nice.

- About the zombies, I really feel they missed out on some "scariness" potential. They don't really feel like that much of a big deal, and they're not treated as one either, by neither directors or characters. Not until towards the end of the episode, anyway. Also, why is there no gore? I felt this goes for Heinkel snogging with Kimbley as well, snd some Sloth parts. This show has already shown it can be more brutal than the manga, so why the timidness now?

- Mustang's entrance to the scene was good. But the ending of the episode was a bit awkward.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Apr 12 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

QUOTE (Vicious74 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:45 AM) *
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 12 2010, 12:53 PM) *
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview.

Me neither, but probably for a very different reason.

Go take a look at Envy's transformation in episode 43. Now take another look at Envy in the preview for 53.

Reused animation, much? Screw you Bones, how lazy can you get?

Yeah, I had noticed. I didn't like how he looked back then, either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Apr 12 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I absolutely love the fact that 10 and 53 will be paired together. It's like it was planned from the beginning.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Apr 12 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #23

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^I'd imagine that it was all planned from the beginning. biggrin.gif

And I also can't wait 'til next episode-- I've been looking forward to it for a while now!

And as for the issue of gore in this episode...I feel I'm the only lightweight who thought it was okay as it was. LOL''

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Apr 12 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 59,111

There might have been a little more of gore, but not that it was absent. I loved how Sloth regenerated his arm with bones and such. There was a lot of detail in this one.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Apr 12 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

I noticed the lack of gore as well.
(The violence addicted side of me is hoping the DVD will be more graphic, and that this episode was just TV censored)

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Apr 12 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

An excellent episode, not a lot to complain about, really.

A lot of great moments here- Al vs. Pride and Kimblee, Yoki's Crowning Moment of Awesome, Alex going all out against Sloth, etc.

But no one's yet mentioned my favorite moment- when Olivier's on the ground, and the Central troops bust in, under orders that she be shot on sight. Then the homunculus army breaks in, the troops have no idea what's going on, and she grabs the guy's gun hand and forces him to put the barrel of the pistol right up against her forehead and commands him to basically grow a pair and make a choice one way or the other.

Now -that- was badass, and even a slight improvement on the manga version, where she simply leaned her head up to the gun.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Apr 12 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Personally, I thought the manga version was better. Grabbing the gun is the kind of thing that makes someone shoot you, especially in a tense situation.

I did like the added detail on Sloth's regrowing arm, as Kasumisty said.

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Apr 12 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Hawkflame, I absolutely love that scene. And her.
I think everyone just assumed everyone loved it and no word needed to be said ;D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Apr 13 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Apr 13 2010, 02:09 AM) *
I noticed the lack of gore as well.
(The violence addicted side of me is hoping the DVD will be more graphic, and that this episode was just TV censored)

Second that. But somehow I don't really believe that's the case.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Apr 15 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Random note while watching Funi's sub.. I think Kimblee's "DOCTOR MARCOH!" finally makes sense to me.

He was originally sent to find Marcoh and finds him right as he's dying. Right? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 02:28 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css