HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 106 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Disasterpiece
post Apr 10 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #151

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Apr 10 2010, 05:07 PM) *
I bet this part of the OP is a spoiler too. I'm sure we will encounter this scene when its all over.

But I think the ENTIRE OP is just one big spoilerfest (well sort of).

That doesn't explain the end of the video in that one. I mean you had Bradley and Hawkeye cry too. I think they were all motifs for the melancholy of the segment

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 11 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #152

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*face palm*

Now I hate the OPs. Kimblee spoiler even back in Golden Time Lover? OTL

We still have no idea where Selim's homunculus tattoo is, and he is reduced to his "true" form now...
Father's BIG BANG ATTACK is pretty epic at the end, with Ed's automail falling apart and stuff... what now? I need Doraemon's time travel machine like naw

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Apr 11 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #153

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (AA battery @ Apr 11 2010, 01:19 AM) *
*face palm*

Now I hate the OPs. Kimblee spoiler even back in Golden Time Lover? OTL

We still have no idea where Selim's homunculus tattoo is, and he is reduced to his "true" form now...
Father's BIG BANG ATTACK is pretty epic at the end, with Ed's automail falling apart and stuff... what now? I need Doraemon's time travel machine like naw

Question: How can it be a spoiler if no one knew it was a spoiler until now?

And I'm pretty convinced that his tattoo is that mark on his forehad in his true form, yeah t's drawn slightly differently but if it's not that then I'm sure we'll see it eventually

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 11 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #154

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 11 2010, 12:29 AM) *

And I'm pretty convinced that his tattoo is that mark on his forehad in his true form, yeah t's drawn slightly differently but if it's not that then I'm sure we'll see it eventually

Well I can't think of a better noun for describing that at the moment. Enlighten me please. Or we could keep calling it that.

I thought that really looked like a belly button on his forehead. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Apr 11 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #155

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (AA battery @ Apr 11 2010, 01:33 AM) *
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 11 2010, 12:29 AM) *

Well I can't think of a better noun for describing that at the moment. Enlighten me please. Or we could keep calling it that.

I thought that really looked like a belly button on his forehead. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Foreshadowing would work in fact i mentioned that in relation to op5 somewhere

And that... could work but be very weird

even by arakawas standards

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Apr 11 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #156

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

OwO i just realised that spoiler in the opening 3!! wowowowo. he has the same 'bye bye' scene with his hat... i guess...

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
petitepois
post Apr 11 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #157

Citizen

Member No.: 71,559

Hey! English Translation found here! Enjoy! biggrin.gif

Please delete if it has already been found...

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Apr 11 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #158

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

It took me a few minutes to REALLY get that the scene in Golden Time Lover really was a "spoiler" for that this chapter! At first I thought, "Eh, could be considered foreshadowing, but it also could just be symbolic of Kimblee's having had Stones/souls at his disposal, period." But then when shanryyelric pointed out the "bye bye" scene with the hat, I facepalmed. happy.gif I KNEW Kimblee's little farewell looked really familiar, but I didn't place it right away, even after the shot in GTL was initially pointed out! Haha, guess that's what I get for staying up until 5 AM after watching the stream of the new Brotherhood episode, reading the new chapter and THEN reading this entire thread! wink.gif My brain is going to melt if I don't call it a night soon...

That said, I also want to comment on Ed's taking over of Pride. If he was "entering" Pride mentally in "soul" form, does this mean he A: was using his knowledge of a "Philosopher's Stone of one soul"merely to access Pride and remove him from his container, or B: when Pride realizes Ed "turned himself into a Stone," does that mean that Ed was in fact somehow absorbing the remaining souls (if any) left in Pride's container in order to disintegrate it?

I think A, since I get the impression that Pride's container was so far gone that he would have dissolved at that point anyway (and that there were no other souls left except the one(?) he was clinging to). I saw that a few other people thought that maybe Ed was somehow more like Hohenheim now, but I doubt that's the case. I think he's still just him (although it would have been nice to theorize that the leftover energy from Pride would somehow contribute to opening the Gate again to get their bodies back... but meh, I guess that would go against Ed not wanting to use a Stone for that purpose anyway).

Also, unlike the inside of Greed's consciousness (if in fact this was equivalent to that), there are no floating heads/souls flying around, indicating that Pride is indeed running on empty. Of course, by THAT logic then the opening to GTL is slightly incorrect since it DOES include the heads/souls, but oh well, I guess that's just nit-picking. wink.gif Kimblee does also have a Stone in his mouth in the OP, which obviously he doesn't here. Guess they're just trying to be artistic (and purposely confuse us all along the way)! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Apr 11 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #159

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Kimblee was the highlight of the chapter for me. The fact that in the end he chose to side with humans and deemed them as the strongest and most worthy of survival, while still remaining absolutely twisted, was a pretty awesome ending for his character.

And man I wish Ed had gotten to know that he was saved by him. His reaction would've been amusing.

+Quote Post
Hillary
post Apr 11 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #160

Citizen

Member No.: 71,090

On the topic of Father filtering everyone's alchemy:

Remember WAY back in the very first episode of Brotherhood when Issac the Freezer activated his iceberg alchemy and for a second Father was all "Huh?" and then at the end of the episode when he went back to sleep or whatever?

I was thinking that this is just futher proof of Father being able to sense alchemy on the surface/Bones totally knowing how the series is going to end.

+Quote Post
o-ren
post Apr 11 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #161

Citizen

Member No.: 47,183

Trying to figure out how Envy will be defeated (because he obviously will, no homonculus is going to live on I believe) is quite the interesting topic.

I also agree that our heroes didn't get blasted to smitherines' just playing on the fact that it looked like it. If they did though, would they end up at the gate? What would happen now that Truth isn't there? Would they gain something from him once they defeat Father in exchange for helping to restore him to power?

I agree with the possibility that someone may have to be sacrificed (Strong possibility Hoho but hey, maybe even Al) to take his guy down.

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Apr 12 2010, 02:30 AM
Post #162

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (Hillary @ Apr 12 2010, 03:40 AM) *
On the topic of Father filtering everyone's alchemy:

Remember WAY back in the very first episode of Brotherhood when Issac the Freezer activated his iceberg alchemy and for a second Father was all "Huh?" and then at the end of the episode when he went back to sleep or whatever?

I was thinking that this is just futher proof of Father being able to sense alchemy on the surface/Bones totally knowing how the series is going to end.

oooh yes, you could be right. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HisshouBuraiKen
post Apr 12 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #163

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,851

QUOTE (Southern Rain @ Apr 10 2010, 12:23 PM) *
Kimblee's appearance got me rolling eyes. His excuse for keeping cool wsn't good; but if Ling managed to survive even suffering so much thanks to his ambition, then yes, it's plausible. I decided that I like his character. Of course he's a maniac and a psychopath in all manners, but he's coherent: he'll take a side and stick to it because, if you choose a path, you can't stray from it. That's why he admired the Rockbell doctors (even if he was ordered to kill them), the homunculi, and the Elrics, and despised, for example Mustang and Hawkeye during the war - pick a side, and be prepared to burden the consequences. So it's plausibvle that he'd talked to Pride when he betrayed his own...pride, the only thing that would make him superior.

But he shouldn't have helped Ed, if he indeed did, even though he chooses sides according to coherence. Because he's the only impartial character of the series.

So you're assuming Kimblee would remain neutral and coldly logical even when given the choice between helping Ed and the homunculus who killed him and absorbed his soul? I think that's a BIT of a stretch. Even if he didn't mind the raging storm of tormented souls, I doubt he'd want to spend eternity in Pride's stone.

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Apr 12 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #164

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

It would make sense form Kimbley's side. Back at Briggs when he was giving Ed his 3 tasks; Ed said he became a state alchemist because he was 'determined NOT to kill'... Kimbey's response was that "yes if you stay true to that path, that choice could be equally relevant"

Kimbey respects those that stay true to their principles. Like Winry's parents. They chose their path and stuck with it. To their death. Thus when Pride is willing to take over a mere 'lowly' human to survive, he has sealed his own fate as far as Kimbey is concerned. He just invalidated his own existence.

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Apr 12 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #165

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

QUOTE (o-ren @ Apr 12 2010, 04:08 AM) *
I also agree that our heroes didn't get blasted to smitherines' just playing on the fact that it looked like it. If they did though, would they end up at the gate? What would happen now that Truth isn't there? Would they gain something from him once they defeat Father in exchange for helping to restore him to power?

Then if those who were blasted go to the gate and retrieve what they have lost... that means that Mustang stays blind. Damn.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css