HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 50: Upheaval In Central - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 50 episodes
Rating 5 V
allykatty1
post Mar 28 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,571

Yay for new music! I've been listening to the second OST ad nauseum for the last couple days and if there's one thing Brotherhood's soundtrack has going for it over the original anime, it's the amazing action tracks. And there were two or three more of them introduced here. smile.gif

I also love the track that plays when Ross and Havoc make their reappearances and recognize it from the ending of the "Simple People" OVA. I loved it when I first heard it there and wondered when it would pop up in the main show. It's basically an amped-up version of "Nightfall in Central City."

And yeah, the "zombies" are just a little bit lame, but eh, who knows, maybe they'll make them work. Now that the series has finally slowed the hell down, I feel like Bones can do almost no wrong at this point. tongue.gif If only it had ended at 72 or so instead of 63, now that would have been perfect pacing for the entire manga. Oh well... sleep.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
essa
post Mar 28 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 41,585

did anyone notice that izumi was amongst briggs' soldiers? xD
She's the one with the red eyes, and you can see her slippers in the shade. She wasn't in the manga though but that made me laugh xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Mar 28 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

Great episode. Glad to see that it seems Akira Senju was just saving a bunch of new music tracks for the episodes close to the finale.

This episode I think serves nicely to give purpose to all the events of the last 20 episodes or so. You start to get a feeling of everything coming together here and that the story hasn't just been going off in random tangents, it's all leading to this day.

I'm surprised this episode only covered up to where it did actually. I was expecting them to have paced it a bit faster to end at the end of chapter 90 but the pacing was nice anyway, not rushed at all. I guess next episode will go to the end of chapter 91.

Can't wait for every single episode from now on.

I have one LITTLE complaint with the episode. They did slightly censor what Olivier done to that one guy's arm, but I always expected them to. It works either way anyway. She just made a little more sure he wouldn't be keeping grip on the gun in the manga....

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 28 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Btw, I loved this scene.

"Shocked and appalled".

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 28 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

-Heck yes, episode of win LETS GO
-Mustang being all cool
-SNAP SNAP SNAP. I love it
-Oh hey Olivier! Time to prove once again how awesome you are.. nope scene changed
-ICE CREAM TRUCK OF WIN
-Mustangs awesome snap into that building was awesome
-Maria!!
-Havoc!
-I loved Breda, Fuery, and Hawkeyes faces.
- W.C. sandals, now who could THAT be XP
- Olivier cements herself as the most bamf character in FMA history
- Edo, you make me laugh
- Hohenheim the pedophile XP
- Z0MGIMMORTALAMRYDESU

Heck yeah!! Look at the preview!!! We get Kimblee and Sloth! I can't believe how far Brotherhood is. It's amazing!!

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Mar 28 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Oh, yeeeah... You gotta love it when the military kicks butt! It's very noble of them to just injure the soldiers instead of outright killing them, because we all know Mustang could do some serious damage. Not to mention the rest of them, and with Rebecca's present to boot! 'Cause ammunition is better than ice-cream... Although, I don't think the Brigg's soldiers were quite as merciful! bigeyed.png

Man, I don't care how odd the immortal soldiers are, they still scare me! D:

The music really made this episode! From the entrance of the Briggs soldiers and Rebecca, Maria and Jean, to Ed's gang storming the lab, to the awakening of the immortals! The music was grand and totally set the mood for a military battle! The sirens really got to me too. I see a 3rd OST in the future...

Are we really this close to the end now?! Only 13 more episodes...

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Mar 28 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

Yeah, I didn't see the sandals, but I saw the red eyes among the Briggs guys and figured "Yep, that'll be Izumi."

The part where Ross and Havoc showed up was pretty great. The "Wait, it's YOU!" expressions were awesome.

...And then the zombies showed up oh gosh

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Mar 28 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Olivier wins this episode.

+Quote Post
Vagrant
post Mar 29 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 31,830

Really enjoyed it. Gripping stuff, just the right epic music for it too. (and Ed's comic relief that someone said they wanted to see in the last thread)

I have yet to re-read the manga, so I'll probably end up hating it. But for now - great episode!

--------------------
I made a blog about things.
(Disclaimer: blog may also contain stuff)
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments.

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Mar 29 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

Also, Hohenheim telling Ed "You're a terrible person" kind of made my day... It is kind of true.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 29 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

More I mull over this more I think that they will do (or better: should do) a kind of OAV about the Ishbar War to fill the gaps about Roy's comrades and to put the "burn my back" scene

LOL! Spot Izumi laugh.gif !

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 29 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 55,758

Lots of great new music. Didn't feel all too excited about the happenings of this episode though, didn't have much impact on me - not sure if that's whether because I'm ridicilously tired and wasn't very receptible, or if there was something else behind it. It was almost only action, which I would have enjoyed had it been more... intense perhaps. It felt like very light action, there was no real thrill about it.

I did get goosebumps though when Maria revealed herself, it was 30 episodes since we saw her last. And the zombie dolls coming to life freaked the sh*t out of me ohmy.gif Pretty darn creepy, wasn't expecting them to start screaming like that O_O Sucks to be Ed and co right about now. More so than in the manga, considering scariness factor XD Also, in the prieview, the dolls looked really good, with the fleshy wounds and blood stains around their mouths. They seem so much creepier animated.

Another thing in the preview was Ed looking a bit odd, I thought. I don't know if any of you will understand what I'm going with here, but I thought that the way he was animated reminded a bit of an 80's/90's anime, stylistically; the shape of his (big) eyes (with huge whites), his face and facial impression in general, and maybe the bright red hue of his coat contributed. The slowish zoom with the white speed lines may have helped, too. Not sure how to explain it better, but that's the impression I got tongue.gif

(Oh, and Olivier looks totally hot in the last shot XP)

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Mar 29 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

I agree, Ed does look odd in the preview.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 29 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 59,111

http://i42.tinypic.com/5leat4.png

I guess his face is drawn differently/is at strange angle. Judging from the preview, next episode animation will be good one.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Vlyse
post Mar 30 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,791

Wow, how many more times can they incorporate the Freezing Alchemist into the story?

I just noticed, in Eclipse's subs at least, that during Olivier's first speech she says "And the Central Army who can't even defeat him are even more inexperienced." and then basically right after, she says "I've heard that headquarters was almost completely frozen by a single traitor."

I found that addition very creative of Bones. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css