HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Passing Of The Healthcare Bill In The U. S., (Interim thread title, to be edited by OP later)
Disasterpiece
post Mar 26 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

Here's what's grinding my gears: healthcare reform bill and the political fallout. I've just about had it with politics. The passage of this bill has sparked so much arrogance from the Democrats and demonizing from both sides that I've just lost all faith. What REALLY boils my blood is the two-faceness and sympathetic mask acting as if they are victims over these isolated acts of vandalism, and guess what: they are trying to profit from it--FINANCIALLY. Wind the clocks back to the Bush administration. The double standard is amazing.

No party is innocent.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Mar 26 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

If we could somehow get all the politicians and media to sit down, shut up, re-read their source material and remember what they were supposed to be representing, and then resume discussion like civilized people, this would be much less frustrating.

The bill itself looks decent on paper to me, but I'm skeptical as to how effective it will really be in practice.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Mar 27 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

The American people want reform. Just not this bill.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...id=opinionsbox1

This article sums up our future, and I even knew it before I read it.

There are two primary reasons why I oppose the bill.

1. The mandate that all Americans are required to purchase healthcare or else they face a hefty fine or prison time. This is tyranny. You can spin it any way you like, but it is. Never before in American history has a citizen been required to purchase a product by law, under penalty of law.

2. Governmental control. The federal government (under Bush) bankrupted social security, bankrupted medicare and medicaid, and how are we supposed to trust them with running healthcare? We already have the federal government controlling the environment, student loans, and now healthcare. Is this what we want?

Here's what SHOULD have been done: Strike a compromise with insurance companies and pass the only benefits in the bill, like you can stay on your parents' health plan, etc.

Now I'm not sure if the lifting of the ban of buying insurance across state lines is in there, but if it isn't, then it's a damn shame (this would encourage more competition and lower prices).

I've researched some horror stories about the NHS in England, and it's on par with what the evil big bad insurance companies do. I was shocked. And if we head to rationing (which we are) then I've lost faith in my government.

[The only true reason this bill passed was due to bribery and extortion within the Democratic Party]

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 27 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Don't live in America, so this doesn't concern me, and I don't know much about it. But I knew you guys already had a sucky health care system. And (from your comments, haven't read the actual bill or even any articles about it), this doesn't exactly sound like it'll massively improve it.

Our health and medical care here is pretty much free. Of course this is because the government takes part of our tax money to pay for peoples medical expenses, so it's not really entirely free (nothing is). But taking this into account, it's still a helluva lot cheaper then in many countries, including - or espeicially - the US.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css