HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 47: Messenger Of Darkness - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 47 episodes
beastPlushi
post Mar 9 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,714

This weeks episode was good, but nothing made me go crazy about it. Ya good fight scene, but meh... maybe it's my fault for expecting more from this week than I should have. Or maybe I just need to watch it again....

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Mar 9 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

My thoughts:

- I do really love the scene where Pride takes control over Al's body at the beginning, in particular the shadow shaped as Al's armor (it was in the manga too if I'm not wrong)
- Crying Hohenheim! The animation gives a lot of more intensity to the already intense manga panel.
- I really really love how they've animated Pride!Armor ! All those freaking red eyes!
- Plotting Grumman! What an old fox tongue.gif
- The scene where Heinkel attacks Pride popping from the dark, is one of my favorite manga part, however the anime transposition disappointed me a bit. Probably 'cause in the anime Heinkel's chimera form is less feral than in the manga :\
- Yay! They used the same panel of drooling Gluttony!
- I don't really like the new arabian music, but I have to say that it fits the return of Ran Fan.

It was a good episode, but it should have been more intense especially during the conversation between Pride!Armor and the rest of the gang.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Mar 9 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #18

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Few interesting notes for me personally this week.

1. Hohenheim explicitly states the eclipse is important here and he never said that in the original manga. In fact as far as I remember, the eclipse isn't even so much as mentioned until volume 22 at the earliest? I guess BONES felt it needed clarification or something? Seemed like an odd addition.

2. I liked how they got Pride's voice actress to do her best Trisha imitation at the start, made the scene so much creepier.

3. I like how they mixed Pride and Al's voice as well for when he was being possed. Surprised Possessed Al wasn't the eyecatch as well.

4. Ling was the one who warned Ed? Okay how did I never realise this before, that makes everything make more sense.

5. Pride's Child voice has gone back being manipulated again. Eh not fussed but i did prefer it how it was last week. Also I like how much more brutal the anime was in that scene. Pride still didn't bleed or recieve any major injury but he definately got smacked about a lot more than in the manga from what I can see. On a similar note, they changed Gluttony's voice for when he's in 'rage mode' to something really... not Gluttony. I mean it worked but why now? Seemed really weird.

6. This episode really cut out alot of the comedic moments from these two chapters - Ed's running away when Hohenheim started crying, Ed describing red as badass, Ed walking into Heinkel, Ed asking Al if being possessed by Pride was his 'teen angst'? Basically alot of stuff that made Ed fan girls squee.

7. Yay Ran Fan returns, with new music. An awesome moment, slightly lessened by the fact I knew it was coming but still awesome.

8. (I have no idea why I'm numbering these) Next week contains Pride's Crowning Moment of Badass and my number one favourite moment in the entire series; needless to say I'm eager for next week. Am happy to see my narrator going back to his 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' to us that have read the manga again.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Mar 9 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

All I can say is....GLUTTONY GOT PWNED.

GO RAN FAN GO RAN FAN GO GO GO

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 9 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #20

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Just finished watching the episode and I really enjoyed it! It kept me on the edge of my seat, that's for sure! : )

I thought the beginning was brilliant; I loved the contrast between the tranquil atmosphere when it seemed that Body!Al was talking to armour!Al and then the darkness and malign atmosphere when it changed to Pride.

I loved the bit with Ed and Hohenheim and I'm so glad they kept out the "grown men don't cry! That's just weird!" part as I thought that in the manga it just ruined the emotion of the moment. : )

I'm glad we got to see more Ling and the music at the end was great!

I'm looking forward to next episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Mar 9 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

"YOUR SOUL IS TOO WEAK!"

Pride is awesome. And creepy.

Sad they cut those funny Ed moments, but it was still a great episode.

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 9 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

They kept my favorite Pride line in biggrin.gif
That pleased me verrrry much.
The "You're right, I won't kill you. But that doesn't mean I won't take off 2-3 limbs"
HAHA!! Oh I love him.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
MsLinn
post Mar 11 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 72,213

I liked how they made the Ed/Hoho-papa-stuff more mush mush then the manga, I can never get enough of that! Actaully, everything seemed a bit streched in the first half, and I loved it! Ed seemed more mature... to match his looks, hmm?

So, that monologue wasn't actually Grumman's thought? It was what Miles thought he thought?

WEEEEE!!! RANFAN!!! MORE DYNAMIC ENTRANCES FOR KIT-CHAN!!!

And one more OST out the 24th march, yes?

--------------------

Long live the love we shared. In our Fullmetal hearts.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 11 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Mar 9 2010, 08:42 PM) *
The "You're right, I won't kill you. But that doesn't mean I won't take off 2-3 limbs"
HAHA!! Oh I love him.

He doesn't HAVE 3 limbs! AAGGH!! This line actually irritated me. XD

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Mar 11 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 70,538

RAN FAAAAAAAN. <333
Can't wait for the next one.
Pride is awesome, I really liked how they mixed Al's and Pride's voices together.
When Edward turned that peice of red fabric into a coat it always amazes me haha.
I enjoyed this episode very much. (:

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 11 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Ed does have three limbs, he got four of them, only two of them happens to be metal ^^

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Mar 11 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Mar 11 2010, 02:25 PM) *
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Mar 9 2010, 08:42 PM) *
HAHA!! Oh I love him.

He doesn't HAVE 3 limbs! AAGGH!! This line actually irritated me. XD

He still has his left arm, right leg, and left leg from his knee on up. I'd say that counts.

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Mar 12 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

Holy freak did this episode kick arse. Animation was good except for the bits in between fighting Pride when they just stayed in the same position for minutes and talked. Animating Pride must be suicidal. All of those eyes and teeth and tentacle arms.

Pride is my favorite homunculus so this whole episode was basically a fangasm for me.

I like how they cut out the Ed-is-short joke after Darius punched him. And Ed freaking out when Hohenheim starts to cry. Those jokes seemed a little gratuitous in the manga.

Al's little dance in the second half of the episode is the creepiest thing ever.
Speaking of Al, when he said that one line--"Your soul is weak" or something--it freaked me out a little because it's so incredibly opposite from his usual tone.

Ran faaaan!!!

Looking forward to next episode.

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Mar 13 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (MsLinn @ Mar 11 2010, 12:00 PM) *
So, that monologue wasn't actually Grumman's thought? It was what Miles thought he thought?

Maybe Miles was remembering what Grumman said earlier? Otherwise it just seems odd.

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Mar 13 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

Actually I think it is what Grumman is thinking there... and Miles is reading him like a book. Grumman believes that his ploy will not be noticed by the naive 'kids' around him; but in truth they see right through it. But there is really no use in calling him on it, so they allow him to believe that they are blind.... and work that into their plans

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 02:16 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css