Full Screenshots: over at livejournal, provided by Moogledaime
Summary: Ed and his group go to see Hohenheim. He tells them about the Promised Day, and Ed tells Hohenheim Trisha's last words to him. As Ed and his group leave, they run into Al. However, after a warning from Lin, it is revealed that Al is being controlled by Pride. Pride first gets the upper hand, but Ed responds by blacking out the slums and taking away the light so that Pride cannot use his shadows. Heinkel uses this opportunity to find and attack Pride, but Ed, Greed, and Darius are then attacked by Gluttony. Greed, having a disadvantage in the dark, agrees to switch places with Lin, who uses his homunculus detection abilities to fight Gluttony. As Gluttony starts to use his full power, he is overwhelmed by the arrival of Lan Fan, who is now equipped with automail - provided by Wikipedia.
Extra Note: Please don't ask for links on where to watch this episode. Discussions on 'where to watch' belong in Where/How to Watch FMA Series 2. Don't post screencaps unless highlighting something important about the content of the episode.
Joined: 10-July 09
From: Lincoln, Uk
Member No.: 70,019
Few interesting notes for me personally this week.
1. Hohenheim explicitly states the eclipse is important here and he never said that in the original manga. In fact as far as I remember, the eclipse isn't even so much as mentioned until volume 22 at the earliest? I guess BONES felt it needed clarification or something? Seemed like an odd addition.
2. I liked how they got Pride's voice actress to do her best Trisha imitation at the start, made the scene so much creepier.
3. I like how they mixed Pride and Al's voice as well for when he was being possed. Surprised Possessed Al wasn't the eyecatch as well.
4. Ling was the one who warned Ed? Okay how did I never realise this before, that makes everything make more sense.
5. Pride's Child voice has gone back being manipulated again. Eh not fussed but i did prefer it how it was last week. Also I like how much more brutal the anime was in that scene. Pride still didn't bleed or recieve any major injury but he definately got smacked about a lot more than in the manga from what I can see. On a similar note, they changed Gluttony's voice for when he's in 'rage mode' to something really... not Gluttony. I mean it worked but why now? Seemed really weird.
6. This episode really cut out alot of the comedic moments from these two chapters - Ed's running away when Hohenheim started crying, Ed describing red as badass, Ed walking into Heinkel, Ed asking Al if being possessed by Pride was his 'teen angst'? Basically alot of stuff that made Ed fan girls squee.
7. Yay Ran Fan returns, with new music. An awesome moment, slightly lessened by the fact I knew it was coming but still awesome.
8. (I have no idea why I'm numbering these) Next week contains Pride's Crowning Moment of Badass and my number one favourite moment in the entire series; needless to say I'm eager for next week. Am happy to see my narrator going back to his 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' to us that have read the manga again.