HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 46: Looming Shadows - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 46 episodes
shanryelric
post Mar 1 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,970

love this episode!!! love the edwin scenes. love love love. and i loveee how they made ed and winry look older, somewhat 17. ed looks so mature, and so hansome *.* and how come his hair grew a lot longer than winry's hair? wow.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Mar 1 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Found a map-free subbed version.

The episode was okay, for some reason though I didn't feel all too engrossed. Most events just passed by, without me caring too much. For starters, everything happened pretty fast. No impact. The train incident was a bit lame, but as I recall it, it wasn't anything that special in the manga, either, so I guess it's forgivable. Pride's capture of Al was nice, though. So was the fill of EdxWin early on, too.
The new music in the preview sounded pretty decent, but it feels a bit out of place, doesn't go very well with any themes or characters involved (it sounded much too mid-eastern to 'accompany' the Xingese character(s?) imo, if that was the point).

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Mar 1 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Okay first off I'm gonna say that while the map was an annoyance to all of us not living in Japan, from what I understand it was there to warn people of areas that could get hit by a tsunami so I'm not gonna whine about it. Human life is more important than FullMetal Alchemist. Just barely mind you but still. I will say that I thought it was completely unecessary to have it flashing throughout, cause it meant your eyes were drawn to it out of pure instinct (human eyes are attracted instantly to movement) So anytime things were a bit talky, my eyes went straight to the map and away from the subs. But like I said, they weren't exactly concerned with that.

Episode wise... well it was a good episode. What stood out to me most is that they've changed Pride's voice slightly. I don't THINK I've seen anyone mention this but apologies if you have. Basically all they did was take out the distortian effect they put on Pride in his first appearance, which is incidentally the last time we saw his body talk. I'm guessing the distortian will be back for a bit during the next episode and he'll only talk like he did this week, when he's using his container to talk. That being said the voice was probably at it's best this week and actually kinda surprised me, seeings as Pride says nothing and it was actually a nice little addition.

This episode was actually full of nice little additions actually, like Winry mentioning Al was in Resembool and Ed choosing not to go meet him, it was a nice little moment. I like that the animators are clearly using the 'aged Al' model sheet now, it was a little touch that I always liked in the Manga and am glad to see here. Why they changed the reason Ed was in Winry's room is beyond me. Just in case you haven't read the Manga, he was in that room because it's the best to watch out for intruders, not so he 'could enjoy the view' which sounds like a flimsy pretext for 'I was going through your undies'. God has Ed been taking tips on romance from a certain NOT A VAMPIRE with whom he shares his name?

Greed is awesome, that is all. I agree with penguintruth, his speech on Greed is awesome and really shows alot about his character, and in reflection, probably foreshadows a lot.

I like the music they used during the scene with Grumman overseeing the troops and telling Miles (whose name I continuely have to look up) about Bradley's presence, but I kind question it's use there. It's like they put in the wrong part of the song, using the grander and less used part for a scene that... really didn't call for it.

Olivier is awesome as well, even flowers get their arse kicked by her. You know how awesome she is? She could roundhouse kick Chuck Norris, and get him pregnent.

Am I wrong to say this episode marks the first appearance of General Hakuro and Mustang's Ishbal Squadron in Brotherhood? Correct me if I'm forgetting their previous appearances but I found it amusing that they're only just appearing now.

Love the use of the ending theme here, with Grumman snapping his fan shut as the music starts, giving a cheeky grin to camera. It really worked and it's moments like that, and like last weeks ending and the added scene with Pride why I am glad the anime, for all the bashing it gets, exists. The manga was good but those moments worked in ways the manga couldn't, combining animation, music and voice acting to make a perfect moment.

Speaking of perfect moments; next week commences the beginning of the Pride battle. A battle that ranks as #1 in my top ten list of favourite moments in the series. It was this battle that made Pride my favourite character, so please, please BONES, don't ruin it for me. Though the next episode preview has left me assured. Especially with that ultra creepy music - PLEASE tell me this is Pride's theme.

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Vicious74
post Mar 1 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 71,248

Grumman's face at the end = win.

And agreed about Greed's speech on greed (no pun intended). It speaks volumes of his character and it's part of why I like him even more than the original Greed.

QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Mar 1 2010, 02:00 AM) *
I can't say much about this ep as I was skimming through it (not going to enjoy it much with the map) but I have to say the end of the ep shows that Father's voice will never, ever grow on me. The whole scene with him showing up behind Oliver is creepy but the second you see him talking it just totally takes away from it and ruins it. I can't believe they cast that guy as the main villain.

Sad but true. Him and Riza are the lowest points of the Japanese dub as far as I'm concerned.

+Quote Post
Prisoner747
post Mar 1 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 68,086

QUOTE (Vicious74 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Him and Riza are the lowest points of the Japanese dub as far as I'm concerned.

Just wanna point out that the Japanese version isn't a dub, it's the original.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Mar 1 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Wow I love how they have transformed Ed and Winry! They are no longer little kiddies anymore! ed is a major hunk and Winry is a total hottie now. GEEZ.

Once Winry started to take off her top my boyfriend says "yeah!!!" then "aaww..." LOL

I didn't LOVE this episode, the pacing was a little weird, and I feel like things are moving WAY FAST. TOMORROW is the promised day???? ALREADY???

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Mar 1 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Prisoner747 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Vicious74 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Him and Riza are the lowest points of the Japanese dub as far as I'm concerned.

Just wanna point out that the Japanese version isn't a dub, it's the original.

Technically, it's a dub. The animation doesn't voice itself. tongue.gif

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Ant
post Mar 1 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 35,470

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Mar 2 2010, 12:10 AM) *
I didn't LOVE this episode, the pacing was a little weird, and I feel like things are moving WAY FAST. TOMORROW is the promised day???? ALREADY???

Yeah I thought it went a bit fast at first too, but I skimmed back through the manga and it looks like it pretty faithfully covered chaps 84 & 85, so two chaps for one episode isn't push too much content IMO.

They did a great job of animating these chapters...they're just so much more powerful to me in this format than when I took them in separately via the manga. So yeah, I really loved this episode, as it seems to have pulled everything together and has me pumped to see what will happen next (even though, assuming they stay true to the manga, I already know what will happen)!

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Mar 1 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

I can't get over how awesome the ending to this episode was.
I burst out laughing and started fist pumping. I love Grumman. I always have biggrin.gif

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Mar 2 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

It's been mentioned in the episode that the current events took place the day before the Promised Day. Is it true, or was it mistake in the subs?

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Bag of Magic Foo...
post Mar 2 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,555

Yeah, shouldn't the Promised Day be the big climax I've been hearing about? How is one more day going to take another ten to fifteen episodes?

+Quote Post
Ant
post Mar 2 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 35,470

QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Mar 2 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Yeah, shouldn't the Promised Day be the big climax I've been hearing about? How is one more day going to take another ten to fifteen episodes?

It'll become like 24, where we'll get to see EVERY MINUTE of that day, including bathroom scenes.

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Mar 2 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

QUOTE (Ant @ Mar 2 2010, 01:46 PM) *
It'll become like 24, where we'll get to see EVERY MINUTE of that day, including bathroom scenes.

Now that would be bloody awesome!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Mar 2 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,952

QUOTE (Ant @ Mar 2 2010, 11:46 AM) *

I wish!! XD jk

I can't believe how much Ed and Winry have grown in this episode! Especially Ed! Holy cow!
I'm just looking at the screenshots, by the way. I haven't gotten around to watching the episode yet.
I will enjoy the EdWin in this episode. It's the last time we'll see Winry until... y'know...

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 3 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #45

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

As posted here.

There will be re-broadcasting of FMA:Brotherhood episode 46 "Looming Shadows" in Japan, that was originally aired in Japan on Sunday, Feb. 28.

* For TBS network: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 4:20 AM ~ 4:50 AM Japan time.
* For MBS network: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 4:33 AM ~ 5:03 AM Japan time.

----------

I'm hoping Key-hole TV would do the streaming for this also, although not 100% sure...if anyone can get on Key-hole TV programing and confirm this, please post and let us know. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css