Summary: Greed is tormented by the images of his former Comrades and demands explanation from Wrath as to why he appears in these flashbacks. A fight ensues until Greed escapes through a window.
Meanwhile, at Armstrong Manor, Olivier demands her Father retire so that she may inherit the estate herself. Her Father informs her he intends to leave the house to Alex. When Alex enters, their Father tells them they are to fight and he will yield the house to the winner. As they battle, their Father, Mother and sister Katherine leave for their vacation, choosing to visit Xing. Olivier wins the fight, and when Alex challenges about her Military involvement it is revealed she sent the family away for their own safety.
At Youswell we see Mei walking through the streets, still carrying Envy in his glass jar. After bumping in to some locals she informs them she wishes to return home to Xing. They offer to provide supplies for her journey and a place to rest for the night. Overwhelmed by their kindness she cries. Envy persuades her the better thing to do would be to go back to Central. Through his thoughts we find out Envy plans to find a Stone and return to his previous form.
Ed, Darius and Heinkel arrive at an old hideout. A figure collapses in the doorway, and after complaining of hunger Ed realises it's Ling. He informs Ed that Greed has seperated from the other Homunculus and in a brief moment of panic, Ling was able to regain control of his body. He also tells Ed that Father will open the Gate on the Promised Day and that this may be the opportunity for Ed and Al to get their bodies back. After finding out that Ran-Fan is safe, Greed is able to retake control from Ling. Ed asks Greed if he would like to join forces with them. He agrees, as long as Ed agrees to work for him.
In Briggs, Sig and Izumi are informed of the Promised Day. After getting herself arrested, Izumi passes the information on to Major Miles. The information is then passed on to General Gruman. Gruman informs Rebecca who thus passes on the information to Hawkeye via a note stuffed into Black Hayate's collar. She passes these details on to Havoc who it turn gives the note to Mustang, who burns it after reading it.
Joined: 29-June 09
Member No.: 69,791
-Greed vs Wrath looked good as far as I could tell -Armstrong sibling fight was a little drawn out, also good -Wishful thinking they'd use May's original introduction in this episode, oh well -Wow, a single eyecatch with Olivier, Armstrong, Wrath, and Greed -lol, Ed hitting Ling's head -lol, dog peeing -Wow, it's Mason! -What are you fighting? A housewife! -Wow, different ED with lots of clips! Very cool. -Gotta love the shot of the Homunculi and Father at the end.
- The GreedLing vs. Bradley fight was good but a bit short. - Armstrong siblings fight! Of course Olivier is stronger. - May in Youswell. But they didn't know her. So Bones didnít want to make another Youswell flashback. - And Ling came back. - They didn't cut out Mason this time. - And the information about the Promised Day is spreding. - I missed Havoc. And Roy. - Wow, very nice ending, I really liked it. And the episode title appeared only at the end. - I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Joined: 8-November 09
Member No.: 71,803
- Yay! Greedling vs. Bradley! I've been waiting for it! - I think I like the animation... just because my KeyHole was lagging I can't tell for sure. - Armstrong's mansion! - The serious music made Olivier vs. Alex even funnier for me. - I really like how Bones did that scene. - Envy, you're creepy. - Epic group eyecatch! - The second one was kinda weird. Edo again? - Ling! I really missed his VA. - Oh, Greed again. - Fighting Housewife Izumi! - Rebecca! - Everyone! - Really, they possess a good information channel in Central. - What's that weird thing they did with ending? - Anyway, I like it! I REALLY LIKE IT! It's epic! - So, we're getting serious from now on, huh?
Joined: 10-July 08
Member No.: 60,921
My initial thoughts:
- Greed is awesome - The Armstrong family! - Olivier versus Alex! Awesome. - OLIVIER IS KICKING SOME BUTT <3 <3 <3 - I think I like Greed's voice in Brotherhood just as much as his voice in the first series - "I'll be your henchman!" I love this part. - A clip of original Greed! <3 - Oh hey, it's Mason! - "A HOUSEWIFE." - General Grumman is also awesome. - Do we really have to go through the ENTIRE info-passing bit? - Wha? Different ending credit scenes showing things moving along? That's cheating! - Today's the day the homunculi have their piiiicnic!
Good episode, from what I can tell.
Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;
Joined: 13-August 09
Member No.: 70,575
Wow, you're fast.
This is the first time I watch Brotherhood through KeyholeTV. I made a stupid mistake with timing and I ended up watching only half episode U (2:00 at Mexico City time, my dear countrymen XD).
I can only say a few things about the episode: *The ending video has changed completely o_0. I wonder if it will happen afterwards... I don't remember some things from the manga. Filling the gap, right? I like that. ^^ *I remember it all being more epic in the manga. On the other hand, Rebecca just went overboard as herself... which is a good thing, I think.
What's the CD-online-thing that Ed and Olivia were advertising, by the way?
Joined: 27-January 05
From: a land called Honah Lee
Member No.: 6,466
Gender: Not Telling
Preview pics make me think: hmm, I don't remember Ed being on a bed in that scene. What HAVE they been up to?
More serious thoughts once I have seen the episode.
- It's lucky Greed is so distracting, Mother Bradley doesn't have to face the fact he child is a demon with Dracula's shadow.
- The speed of the fight really reflects Wrath's speed in a way the manga could only suggest. That isn't putting the manga down, it's just a scene displayed better when animated.
- Katherine got all the cuteness in the gene pool. Of course that meant Alex and Olivier got most of the EPIC WIN-ness. Was nice to have a lighter scene after such an opening too. Like the music here.
- And the cuteness continues, who will win? Envy or Mei?
- EdxWin eyecatch! I believe, that is Winry's earring I'd guess. Ed is also looking older in this episode, subtle but noticeable. It's there eyes being smaller and higher isn't it? But thats going into Art Style.
- Ugliest dog...ever. Must be to dull how good looking everyone else is....well bar Rebecca at first.
- Hmm I like this ED too, puts every character in their place in case we forgot.
- We get it Roy...you rule...show off.
- Going back to the very first thought I had, he wasn't on her bed in the manga. Bones you are a tease.
Joined: 1-May 08
From: Poland :3
Member No.: 59,111
I liked this episode :F
-Both fights, Greed vs. Wrath and Olivier vs. Alex were brilliantly animated, varied, dynamic and fast - everything I expect from well animated battle, -was Mei shown when first crossing the border in Youswell? This moment kinda lacked emotions, -Yay, Ed!~ It's just me, or is he drawn really strangely? I guess they wanted to fit to Arakawa's style more, but there are some drastic changes in his face features... also the lineart seems very soft, -Did they cut "I'm not small, it's just the world that is big?" ;;, -Izumi <3~ -Riza <33 She is looking soo pretty~ And I thought I was straight, -Lol, male line, -Wow, different ending animation. Too bad BONES decided stills are better. It's good anyway, -I love how Mustang burns scrap of paper and the title screen is shown, -Edward, the tall pervert coming next! (is he laying on Winry's bed? o_o)
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.
Joined: 9-December 09
Member No.: 72,134
Thanks God, I'm not the only one who thought that Ed was drawn strangely in this episode o_O He actually looked more like young!Hoho than Ed... I know he's his son, but they doesn't look exactly the same D: look at this. For me he seriously does look more like young!Hoho after changing hairstyle than, for example, this Ed in the ending XD I hope he'll come back to his usual look, because, well... he just doesn't look like Ed for me (but the truth is that I care about details too much haha) +___+ But, aside of that, the episode was awesome. Loved the animation, especially in Greeling vs. Bradley fight. Only scene with May felt a little forced since they cut out both actions that took place in Youswell (the one in the start and later May rescuing Kyle's father).