HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 43: Bite Of The Ant - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 43 episodes
QueenTiria
post Feb 8 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,732

haha everyone's too caught up in chap 104... what i'm most upset about was that they didn't show al's somewhat shockingly disturbing and hilarious face!! and they really ought to have wrapped up with at least the exclamation of 'YOU??' instead of an awkward silence. hm. average ep is average.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/80/35/

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 8 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Didn't everyone look good in this episode? I won't go too deeply in to it as that's a different thread but Scar looked calmer, Winry and even Mei looked older, Marcoh had even improved I think. Yoki....moving on...

Those two woman have a thing about walking by that hut?

Agreed that Envy is cute. I know he is meant to look pathetic so we no longer fear him...but might it work against that him looking cute/funny?

Now that's how brothers and sisters usually get along, lets be honest. Least Olivier is acting like most sisters, poor Alex.

Music for me was also a tad...been there done that as well as irritating.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Feb 8 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

I liked it much. The animation was very good, especially when Envy transformed into his biggest form. And he had such cute voice when he was worm-ish like :3 I didn't think it was OOC or something, the truth is he is really pathetic in reality. I laughed at his goofy nature as well (when he rocked forth and back when talking to Al biggrin.gif). Marcoh proved his badassery. Mei likes Al very much, doesn't she? I found the discussion between Alex and Olivier bit too comical, but I guess it was ok.

I have one mayor complaint, though - Where the hell is new music and why isn't here any? They should have compose a lot more for such long series and some characters or events are PLEADING for their own themes. I'm sure it would be much more interesting if they added themes to the important scenes.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Feb 9 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

The manga will always be better then the anime. So there the end with that.

As for this EPISODE. I LOVED IT. I forgot how epic it would be, and forgot how much I LOVED this chapter of the manga!!!!

I loved Marcoh against Envy!

So great, but the ending with Olivia gave me goosebumps!! It was very well done! Finally back into the action!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Feb 10 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Agreed with zonkiethegreat the manga is mostly going to outdo the anime, so there's nopoint arguing and complaining over it.

As for the episode, it was great. I think what the anime gave us here was the voice acting on Envy, was far superior than anything I came up with in my head. She gave the whole scene such energy. What I like about Envy is that he's a middle man and he's very aware of this and is very furstrated by it. So he delights in picking on those he deems beneath him, and so his anger when those he sees as lesser than him, start to disobey or defy him, he gets furious. He's probably more arrogant than Pride in a lot of ways, seeings as he usually refers to himself as 'I, Envy' It's like he's constantly vying for people to pay attention to him and give him the respect her believes he deserves and the voice actress captured that perfectly here. I also love how cute his small from voice is, it's not how I imagined it at all.

I don't really have more to say other than I'm sure all the AlxMay fans were sad to see a little shippy scene with Al and Winry talking about May gone, while I'm sure Funimation is breathing a sigh of relief that they dont have to try and make THAT pun work (though Viz did give a good alternative). I also like that they explained Scar and Marcoh's buggering off as well.

Oh hello... chimera person. Bido? Yeah Bido was his name. I like that they changed things so Bido was present for Greed's defeat in one way, buuuuut it also makes no sense. Why didn't Wrath know he was there? Ouch, plot hole. Least he's present and correct.

And Olivier is a badass, yeha yeah moving on.

Next week; how many chapters they gonna cover? I'm curious, I am looking forward to see more Greed and some fun times with Ed and the awesome Chimera

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Feb 10 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Feb 10 2010, 08:58 AM) *
Oh hello... chimera person. Bido? Yeah Bido was his name. I like that they changed things so Bido was present for Greed's defeat in one way, buuuuut it also makes no sense. Why didn't Wrath know he was there? Ouch, plot hole. Least he's present and correct.

Next week; how many chapters they gonna cover? I'm curious, I am looking forward to see more Greed and some fun times with Ed and the awesome Chimera

Hmm...Assuming the manga ends between chapters 108-110, and this ep was chapter 80-81? I think we got about 23-27 more episodes left in this series. perhaps Arakawa has rushed the anime, so that the ending will somewhat coordinate with the manga's final release. I dunno, just a guess!

I'm not sure what the heck is going on with that lizard-chimera bido either??? How does he know Greed is still around? And huh??? That scene threw me off a bit too.

I also noticed how they have already shown the immortal army to Olivier, isn't it a bit early???

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Feb 10 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Feb 10 2010, 08:50 AM) *
Hmm...Assuming the manga ends between chapters 108-110, and this ep was chapter 80-81? I think we got about 23-27 more episodes left in this series. perhaps Arakawa has rushed the anime, so that the ending will somewhat coordinate with the manga's final release. I dunno, just a guess!

Arakawa has nothing to do with the anime. It's made by BONES, Arakawa is not involved with its production, she's busy enough writing her own manga.

I think the anime team expected the manga to be done around now or before now honestly. Instead they're cutting it very close as they'll probably be ready to animate the final episodes (assuming the series is 63 episodes as rumoured) around April-May time since episodes take months to animate. If the manga isnt done by then I have no idea what they'll do.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Feb 10 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Feb 10 2010, 07:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Feb 10 2010, 08:58 AM) *

I'm not sure what the heck is going on with that lizard-chimera bido either??? How does he know Greed is still around? And huh??? That scene threw me off a bit too.

I also noticed how they have already shown the immortal army to Olivier, isn't it a bit early???

Ah... my bad, I meant how many episodes are they gonna cover next week... cause if they cover the next two chapters that means things are gonna be a bit weird around episode 45 lol

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
ChaosRogue
post Feb 10 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 69,893

Next two episodes should cover chapters 81-83, ending just before the small time-skip. The biggest question is how exactly they cut together the next GreedLing bit...

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Feb 10 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Just watched it subbed. Pretty excellent.

I still think Marcoh's big moment looked a little better in the manga. You could barely make out what was going on here, and they split it up with the commercial break.

Envy's transformed state looked way better in this episode than when it first appeared. And his little form is hilarious.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Feb 11 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

As for the stuff only anime could portray, I liked a lot the slightly wavering voice of Hawkeye when answering to Wrath, as much as the "We were being manipulated by something like this?" of Scar XD. On the other hand, Envy's true form is too cute (and its voice too hilarious) for him. I like it better in the manga.

The battle against Envy was very good. "Beautiful" is the right word, I think. Except for that little thing... no blood AT ALL. I can't get to understand why. Maybe BONES ran out of money for red paint, that would explain why the little one with a gaudy coat isn't here. biggrin.gif

It may be because this is the part of the manga I remember the less, but I'm happy to know a reason for Olivia to help with the blood crest. That always seemed stupid to me... until now. And she is waaay bigger than the higher-up guiding her XD. I also like the other added explanations. As for that, if the plan was to crush the tunnel in order to buy time, why didn't they do that till the eclipse was over? No logic in letting everything happen.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 11 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

Only problem with this episode for me is that they had the eyecatch in the MIDDLE of Envy completely falling apart. Couldn't they just wait 30 seconds?

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 13 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

a well done episode i think..! envy is so cutee (fangirl mode). i always liked him tee hee. sometimes he looks handsome biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

anyway!! great episode, epic, epic, like usual. haha. next episode ed will come back, no?

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 13 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

^Yes you see him in the previews for the nest episode, and if it follows the manga it will be one of the more fangirl pleasing re-entrances.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Feb 13 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I thought this episode was really great, took me ages to get around to watchin it, but it actually engrossed me more than any episode has done in a long while, I was actually awwwwwwwwwwwww nuuuu! when it finished cause i wanted more XD I LOVE envys VA as i have said many times before in various places, envys VA is one of my fav things about brotherhood haha cause its just soooo perfect <3 only upset was that they cut an almei part!!! Which was a little annoying since I LOVE that pairing XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 12:29 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css