HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 104 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #46

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Feb 6 2010, 10:44 AM) *
The general consensus is that they're soulless. That's like death in a way, and will be if their souls aren't returned soon enough.

I don't think everyone will die, but I get the feeling that not all of them are going to come back. That's just too.. perfect and magical.

So it's kind of like a state of limbo then.

And I think if some don't return it will leave people scratching their heads. I think it may be more...uh, what's the word...cohesive, if everyone returns, know what I mean?

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 6 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Feb 6 2010, 09:44 AM) *
The general consensus is that they're soulless. That's like death in a way, and will be if their souls aren't returned soon enough.

I don't think everyone will die, but I get the feeling that not all of them are going to come back. That's just too.. perfect and magical.

Being souless is not death. If it was Al would have been dead before Ed could bring back his soul that night. And if Al was dead, Ed would not have been able to bring back his soul at all. In contrast he could not bring his mother's soul back because she is dead.

The Amestris souls still exist within the world and the souls still have bodies to return too. Thus no one is actually dead.

+Quote Post
IceSkadi
post Feb 6 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #48

Citizen

Member No.: 72,103

I'm almost sure that they're souls will come back to their bodies if Father actually did the same thing that he had done at Xerxes (it's clear that this was his intention). Probably the good guys just need to kill him and "free" the souls that he has absorbed or something along the line.
I really wonder what he is saying to the Eclipse!Gate when he catches the hand-tentacles.

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 6 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #49

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

ok then... aggree.. or not agree.. somewhat dizzy here. so they're not dead, nut their souls are attached somewhere else?? than what about the xerxes?? their souls taken, and evy said their body have rot. rot??? means??? confused. confused.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
live4him4eva
post Feb 6 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #50

Citizen

Member No.: 36,855

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Feb 6 2010, 07:52 AM) *
I guess Father is too cool to have nipples

Anyway, with this I think we might have 4 chapters left:
105: A long talk between Father, Ed and Hohenheim. We learn of Father's next move.
106: Ed and everyone tries to save the world, but Father kick their [All hail lord Xenu]. At the end of the chapter Hohenheim does something awesome that will save everyone, Father is dying (it takes a while because that's the way it is in shouen manga)
107: Father dies, the soul of everyone is saved and in the same time the five sacrifices restore what they lost.
108: Conclusion (or epilogue)

No offense meant, but I find the fact that you're even trying to predict FMA at this point, amusing. XD Seriously, there is little to no predicting this stuff anymore.

--------------------
~Fire&&Bullets~

[Royai]

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 6 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #51

QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 6 2010, 10:57 AM) *
ok then... aggree.. or not agree.. somewhat dizzy here. so they're not dead, nut their souls are attached somewhere else?? than what about the xerxes?? their souls taken, and evy said their body have rot. rot??? means??? confused. confused.

If you read my previous post I explained the difference. But actually it's not much of a difference just the length of time that passed.

At the time of Xerxes Hohenheim probably did not know how to return the Xerxes souls to their bodies. By the time he might have learned how (assuming he might know now or it will be figured out before the end of the story) their bodies like Envy said had rotted and decayed. It's been hundreds and hundreds of years since Xerxes was destroyed. Of course their bodies won't be around anymore. I don't think it will take quite that long to return the souls of the Amestrian citizens to their bodies.

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 6 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

O_____________O ALKFJSDLFJDSLKFDSLKFJDSLKFJ

HOLY CRAP!! I need scanlations SOOOO bad right now! EEEK!

This is obviously an EPIC chapter, but not I'm waiting for the next one even worse again! It never ends! lol

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Feb 6 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #53

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

HOLY ....E WHAT JUST HAPPENED

ALJGF:SLEBGHAkasfjglsd DOES NOT COMPUTE

About everyone being dead or not, I am actually hoping that everyone doesnt make it. I mean, Winry and some others I would like to see alive again, but i think that it would be kinda of a cheap-out if Arakawa had everyone come back and be like "LOL, WE'RE ALL OKAY" I mean i see how that would be okay since Hohenheim wasnt able to save his fellow people of Xerxes and they would be able to save Amestris, but IDK i just think that FMA is a bit too realistic for the perfect happy ending where everyone is alive and everyone gets their bodies back, if they do. LOL ignore me, I make no sense.

This is the ending I see right now -

1) Amestris is saved and everyone is left without their bodies restored except for Mustang and maybe Alphonse, Father and the Honunculus die, Hohenheim dies, etc.

or

2) Same as above but everyone gets their bodies restored.

I hope Arakawa will be as unpredictable as ever, and we'll all be wrong ha ha.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 6 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #54

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I see Tombow is about to pounce on the situation anyway, but STOP SPAMMING please. Please keep discussions about the chapter, and don't quote several posts at once as it lengthens the page and is irritating for other members not involved in the chit chat.

Edit: Much as I love it can we also keep Ed/Win discussion in the appropriate forum too? Thank-you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 6 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #55

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Feb 6 2010, 11:55 AM) *
About everyone being dead or not, I am actually hoping that everyone doesnt make it. I mean, Winry and some others I would like to see alive again, but i think that it would be kinda of a cheap-out if Arakawa had everyone come back and be like "LOL, WE'RE ALL OKAY"

I think it would be a COP OUT if only certain characters (like Winry and ones with names come back). If anything this entire story has made me love the world of Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes we only get to know certain people in this world really well but I think Arakawa has shown even the ones without names are important in the grand scheme of things. It's not about just the heroes but it's about everyone, even the people just living their daily lives who we've never got to meet personally.

So I am sorry I am really saddened that people want characters to die and not be okay because it will be more dramatic. The characters are fighting to protect Amestris and seeing their fight be for nothing (because it would be for nothing if all those people can't come back and we are only left with a few characters we know by name) just so we can add a bit more drama to the story... that would be the biggest cop out of all. Luckily I know Arakawa will not do something like that and ruin the story.

So LONG LIVE THE CITIZENS OF AMESTRIS

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #56

Alchemists

QUOTE (Kirara @ Feb 6 2010, 11:09 AM) *
So I am sorry I am really saddened that people want characters to die and not be okay because it will be more dramatic. The characters are fighting to protect Amestris and seeing their fight be for nothing (because it would be for nothing if all those people can't come back and we are only left with a few characters we know by name) just so we can add a bit more drama to the story... that would be the biggest cop out of all. Luckily I know Arakawa will not do something like that and ruin the story.

So LONG LIVE THE CITIZENS OF AMESTRIS

If it had to be dramatic, I would let the citizens' fate be known in the last page of the epilogue, or something like that, something subtle.
Reason for edit: Can we not quote entire posts please? Chi

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
edxwinryfan
post Feb 6 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 59,190

If Winry is dead I am going to cry my eyes out!! That would be SO sad! Especially since I am one of the biggest EdxWinry fans ever!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #58

Alchemists

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 6 2010, 12:22 PM) *
If Winry is dead I am going to cry my eyes out!! That would be SO sad! Especially since I am one of the biggest EdxWinry fans ever!!

*points to my sig* wink.gif

Again, as I've stated eariler, I would be broken if Winry dies..in my mind, she's a major staple in Ed's life. Not just as a love interest, but that she's cared about him, repaired him out of love..It would be an awful shame if she died.

But if Winry dies in Ed's arms and tells her she loves him, it would be bitter sweet and cliche..

In my opinion, I don't think she'd die. EdxWin would be resolved in the end, either directly or to our imagination, if Arakawa wants to end it with us filling in the gaps. ( i know its a bit off topic but it's part of my point =\ )

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
AzzieMusical
post Feb 6 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 52,675

QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 6 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Seriously, Winry is one of the characters I can guarantee you will survive. I don't know if Ed will, or if EdWin will even happen officially, but I do know that she won't kick it. She's very safe, trust me.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 6 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #60

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

Guys, I took out these SPAM posts!!!
If that is your idea of "fun," please go somewhere else to have your kind of "fun," and NOT on this thread!
Now, please listen to our Mod, Chiyo, and stop making spam posts and building quote pyramids, please!!!

-----------------------------

For those who are here for real discussions on the content of chapter 104, sorry for the interruption, and please go back to discussing the content of this chapter.

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 03:18 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css