HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 104 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 18 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #301

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

Eh, it's hard to say. I feel confident that all of the people of Amestris will be brought back somehow. I don't think a story where just everyone dies could be a story Hiromu Arakawa could be proud of. I dunno, it just seems... off.

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Mar 31 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Well, we all have to remember that it's a shonen manga, so it isn't really a romance-reliant thing. So, I think that it would be a little shojo-ish sweet to have an ending with all the characters "getting together" with someone. But I DO want EdxWinry. I don't THINK that Arakawa will dissapoint us there. Unless Winry gets kills off. Ooooh..... knock on wood. XD

Called it.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deet-tastic
post Feb 21 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #302

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,768

There was actually a lunar eclipse on March 1, 1915 around 6pm. I'm not sure if it was the homunculi that said it, but i recall there being a few references to the "Promised Day" occurring in spring. March is in spring.

Edward was born on February 3, 1899, so during 1915 Edward would be 16, his age at the current point in the manga. Even if his birth date was not revealed, he burnt down his house on October 3, 1910 shortly after becoming the youngest state alchemist ever at the age of 12. This would put his age during 1915 in between 16-17.

Also on chapter 103 it shows that its dark outside shortly before the eclipse occurs on page 1. http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/103/001/

I'm not sure if anyone else has already pointed it out due to me quickly glancing over the thread... but I just thought this would be a tasty tidbit to know.

If that is the case, I love Arakawa that much more smile.gif
Knowing her, this probably actually would be true.

--------------------

Mai videos. Let me show you dem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTd1TbpGO4w

I WANT TO RIDE AN ENVYOSAURUS!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Feb 21 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #303

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Alyeon @ Feb 15 2010, 08:53 PM) *
There was actually a lunar eclipse on March 1, 1915 around 6pm. I'm not sure if it was the homunculi that said it, but i recall there being a few references to the "Promised Day" occurring in spring. March is in spring.

Edward was born on February 3, 1899, so during 1915 Edward would be 16, his age at the current point in the manga. Even if his birth date was not revealed, he burnt down his house on October 3, 1910 shortly after becoming the youngest state alchemist ever at the age of 12. This would put his age during 1915 in between 16-17.

If she really got inspired from that for this too, my respect for the woman will sky-rocket like crazy, not that it isn't already skyhigh but... this... seriously.

Thanks for the info smile.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
qaghou
post Feb 21 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #304

Citizen

Member No.: 58,536

The fact that all the citizens are ''dead'' is weird to me... It has to have something for saving all those people. I don't want to see a end like this where all the characters are dying without a good reason ! I love FMA since the begining. Like every fans of the serie, I want a good end to it ! The writer can't let us like that ! Come on ! If you look closer to the chapter, you can see that all the persons really important to those who survived are dead. It doesn't look fishy to you ? I hate the fact that the writer added a so sad scene of Winry falling down pronuncing the name of her love before she totally colapse.. It makes me so fustred ! I assure you that it has to have a good reason for making us that sort of almost end !

--------------------
It will be with you and nobody else. I desire to see your smile each days of
my life and doesn't want you to cry for me anymore.

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Feb 22 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #305

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

HA i knew it. i didn't realise ed was born in 1899 though. wierd. hitler would be 26 at this time. never mind that though tongue.gif

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Feb 22 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #306

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

Actually the year the brothers burned down their house was 1911, not 1910, in the manga. It was 1910 in the first anime due to the two stories having massively different timelines.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Feb 23 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #307

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Where has Arakawa said that Ed's birthday is February 3rd? I only remember her mentioning in interviews that Ed was born somewhere in the winter.

+Quote Post
Risu-sama
post Feb 23 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #308

Citizen

Member No.: 28,125

QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Feb 7 2010, 02:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 7 2010, 02:22 PM) *
QUOTE (o-ren @ Feb 7 2010, 08:05 PM) *
I thought for a second that Father stole Al's body as a new container lol, just thought I'd put that out there.

I thought that, too. After all for the first time he used container, the king of Xerxes' body. And changed it shape. D:

LOL Same here! But yeah, then I realized Al's body would've been all emaciated and stuff, not super buff. I think that's like, evil-young-Hohenheim?

First off, I'm sooooo glad that I finally found someone that had that same thought. I didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to be that person that went tooo far out on a limb to suggest that. I originally thought that because of a comment that Al's body made to Al in chapter 102 on page 38, which says, "However, your return may bring nothing but despair and ruin, Alphonse." Which would make sense if the body that Al wanted so much, but didn't take, would make its appearance in a manner that would destroy every thing he loves.

I also thought about the whole emaciated vs. buff body too, but if he has the power of God, I assumed that that power would "buff" out his body.

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Feb 23 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #309

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I'm pretty sure that's not Al; the face (especially eye shape) is all wrong.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 24 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #310

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (Risu-sama @ Feb 23 2010, 11:40 PM) *
First off, I'm sooooo glad that I finally found someone that had that same thought. I didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to be that person that went tooo far out on a limb to suggest that. I originally thought that because of a comment that Al's body made to Al in chapter 102 on page 38, which says, "However, your return may bring nothing but despair and ruin, Alphonse." Which would make sense if the body that Al wanted so much, but didn't take, would make its appearance in a manner that would destroy every thing he loves.

I also thought about the whole emaciated vs. buff body too, but if he has the power of God, I assumed that that power would "buff" out his body.

Not even talking about the body, the face isn't even a question, IMO- while it looks a little like Al (thanks to family resemblance) it looks EXACTLY like Slave 23.

Besides, I took the while "However, your return may bring nothing but despair and ruin" bit more literally- i.e. his returning from the gate to Father's lair gave Father exactly what he needed, the fifth sacrifice.

+Quote Post
jefe
post Feb 28 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #311

Apprentice

From: The Land of the Blind. Well, just south from there actually.
Member No.: 32,575

MMhh.... everyone dying/becoming part of a single god-like entity. Didnt expect arakawa to steal the plot of evangelion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kimonodragon88
post Feb 28 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #312

Citizen

Member No.: 65,767

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Feb 23 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Where has Arakawa said that Ed's birthday is February 3rd? I only remember her mentioning in interviews that Ed was born somewhere in the winter.

She replied that a mentor of hers told her that numbers tend to limit the imagination, or something like that. She really took that to heed and left the actual birthdays out. She does say that Ed's birthday is during the winter, but then she jokingly says that it always snows in Japan. So, it's not much of a help. dry.gif

I'd say Feb. 3rd is a pretty good estimate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fawfulhasfury
post Mar 1 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #313

Citizen

Member No.: 31,483

Am I the only one who has caught on to the fact that Father's new body is made up of the tolls the five sacrifices lost to the Truth?

Doesn't that kind of explain why they were "sacrifices" and why out of the entire country they were the only ones who even lost something like that?

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 2 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #314

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

QUOTE (Fawfulhasfury @ Mar 1 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Am I the only one who has caught on to the fact that Father's new body is made up of the tolls the five sacrifices lost to the Truth?

Doesn't that kind of explain why they were "sacrifices" and why out of the entire country they were the only ones who even lost something like that?

I thought it was just a younger, more fit Hoho body. If he had the five sacrifices' parts, wouldn't he have eyes that look like Roy's? Or Izumi's girly parts? Besides, Al gave up his whole body, so what would he need the other body parts for if he already had a whole body put together to begin with?

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Mar 2 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #315

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

His body looks so much like young Hohenheim's that I think it either is, or will end up being something completely unexpected.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 12:13 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css