HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 104 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 6 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,311

Wait, so it's official that everyone is DEAD dead? Like, not just unconscious/dying, but DEAD? That would be an anti-climactic and sucky ending if everyone just randomly died.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AzzieMusical
post Feb 6 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 52,675

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Feb 6 2010, 03:27 PM) *
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 6 2010, 04:22 PM) *
winry! winry!! she's dead!?!? i think so.. but then what will happen next?? I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! what i can read is she's going to say "edo" before she lost her conciousness/die. so sad..
I WANT HAPPY ENDING. all hail happy end. NO MORE SAD ENDING PLEASSEEEE ARAKAWA SENSEI i'm BEGGING U!

Actually, partially yes. In the shot with her hand the text says "E..." in katakana, which would imply she meant to say his name.

Which I actually find extremely cute and bittersweet despite being non-Edwin fan

Me too, actually, as much as I loathe the pairing. I take it that she's saying his name because clearly something has happened to him if all of this is happening, not as some dramatic sappy thing.

Though wow.. I'm still wondering how all of this is going to be reversed..

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Feb 6 2010, 09:12 AM) *
Wait, so it's official that everyone is DEAD dead? Like, not just unconscious/dying, but DEAD? That would be an anti-climactic and sucky ending if everyone just randomly died.

Here's my take on it...ugh i feel sick after reading it and reading others' posts T_T

I think they are in the process of dying. Like they are on their way to death, but maybe, MAYBE, again, someone in the group with Pride and Father pulls a Neo miracle and is able to reverse everything. I don't think they are already dead...and if Winry ends up dying, then I won't know what to think, not even that EdxWin won't happen as a result, but I just can't see winry and everyone dying BAM, like that.

Yes I am a dedicated EdxWin supporter, not going to lie..but if it had to end, I wouldn't want it like this... =|

Then again, I'm going to quote Terminator 2: "The future is not set."

If everything turns out okay, then hats off to Arakawa for a riveting cliffhanger

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 6 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Hmm, Here's what I'm thinking.

If they are being killed to make the Philosopher's Stone then maybe this could be sort of like Al's situation. Their souls aren't passing on, they're just being moved to another container. And it's pretty obvious that they souls keep separate inside the stone, considering that Hoho was able to communicate with them all separately, AND all of the individual people inside Envy. Perhaps if Edward get hold of the stone, he can return the souls of the citizens of Amestris. smile.gif

--------------------

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Fitting music for the chapter? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usSLEP-PVfc

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 6 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

no, just like xerxes right?? Father got his all hail super sexy body means that everyone's dead. their souls are taken for father's.
sick of it!!!
But! MAYBE. MAYBE! they ARE in dying process. so when they almost die ed/hoho save the world??

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #37

Alchemists

QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 6 2010, 09:26 AM) *
no, just like xerxes right?? Father got his all hail super sexy body means that everyone's dead. their souls are taken for father's.
sick of it!!!
But! MAYBE. MAYBE! they ARE in dying process. so when they almost die ed/hoho save the world??

That's the hope.

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 6 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

I would still have some hope. Arakawa DOES have the habit of pullin' the ol' "JK, they're not dead" bit after a cliff hanger.

--------------------

-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #39

Alchemists

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Feb 6 2010, 10:29 AM) *
I would still have some hope. Arakawa DOES have the habit of pullin' the ol' "JK, they're not dead" bit after a cliff hanger.

As long as the manga doesn't end with Nazis or zepplins, like in the movie >_>

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
Levive
post Feb 6 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 71,803

The process of dying... that sounds about right to me. It's not like Arakawa would let all the awesome characters (including Winry, Pinako, the Armstrongs and even Glacia and Elicia) just randomly die like that. And that makes me remember... I think it was 26th episode, when Envy said something like "their bodies and souls are long rotten, they're just energy that I need to use up" but well, since their bodies are still "fresh" if they kill Father and destroy the newly created Philosopher's Stone it may be possible to revive all the people. Who knows, maybe their souls are still before the gate.
And, when it comes to the gate, if Father really knocked god (truth) off the heaven, doesn't that mean that there's nobody guarding it now? All the souls may still be there, waiting, like Al. So it wouldn't be exactly resurrecting from the death if we consider that their life energy (I think we could even call it their minds) is still present on earth.

That's just my thinking.

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Feb 6 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

No I think they're dead, sorry.

Whether or not they'll STAY dead is another question all together.

Also who wants to bet one of the first things we'll see next chapter is Pride saying something like 'no you can heal me father' and getting owned for it?

Also as a side note - my spoiler tags aren't working?

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 6 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #42

Alchemists

QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Feb 6 2010, 10:34 AM) *
No I think they're dead, sorry.

Whether or not they'll STAY dead is another question all together.

Also who wants to bet one of the first things we'll see next chapter is Pride saying something like 'no you can heal me father' and getting owned for it?

Also as a side note - my spoiler tags aren't working?

Well we've just seen people collapsing and stuff, no? I think until the next one comes out we won't know anything for certain.

They COULD be in a state of limbo

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Feb 6 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

QUOTE (Levive @ Feb 6 2010, 11:34 PM) *
The process of dying... that sounds about right to me. It's not like Arakawa would let all the awesome characters (including Winry, Pinako, the Armstrongs and even Glacia and Elicia) just randomly die like that. And that makes me remember... I think it was 26th episode, when Envy said something like "their bodies and souls are long rotten, they're just energy that I need to use up" but well, since their bodies are still "fresh" if they kill Father and destroy the newly created Philosopher's Stone it may be possible to revive all the people. Who knows, maybe their souls are still before the gate.
And, when it comes to the gate, if Father really knocked god (truth) off the heaven, doesn't that mean that there's nobody guarding it now? All the souls may still be there, waiting, like Al. So it wouldn't be exactly resurrecting from the death if we consider that their life energy (I think we could even call it their minds) is still present on earth.

That's just my thinking.

yeah hope, there's hope. I hope!! no more bad endings like COS. sick of that. it hurts!!!

the sky is torn apart?? right?

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 6 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

First of all OMG epic chapter OMG. So now all the people who said Arakawa was stalling better be quiet. tongue.gif

I actually wasn't expecting that to happen already.

QUOTE (Southern Rain @ Feb 6 2010, 08:02 AM) *
And yeah, I agree what you've said about the chapter order. But still, Arakawa just wrapped herself up there (It think) because, if the circle was activated, that means that everyone in Amestris has died. And you can't bring anyone back to life. (according to the own manga rules)

But as it's WAY too common for manga/anime/book series to break their own laws in order to get and EPIC BATTLE, then I don't doubt it =)

Anyways I disagree fixing this does not contradict any logic in the story

The citizens of Amestris are not "dead" like Trisha or Hughes are dead. Their souls still exist within Father. If they were dead their souls would be within the gate and be unattainable. So to bring everyone back to life does not go against any logic the story has already presented. And I don't usually like to make predictions but I think it is pretty obvious that everyone will get their soul back in the end. The bad guys winning is not a way to end a story. wink.gif

On another note to explain further I think it would have been possible to bring back everyone from Xerxes as well if Hohenheim had known how at the times (which he obviously did not). The souls of Xerxes still existed within Hohenheim and the philsopher stones within the homunculus. But over time their bodies decayed and disappeared making it useless even if he did discover a way. But the bodies of the Amestrian Citizens are still there and this their souls should be able to return to their bodies.

+Quote Post
AzzieMusical
post Feb 6 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 52,675

The general consensus is that they're soulless. That's like death in a way, and will be if their souls aren't returned soon enough.

I don't think everyone will die, but I get the feeling that not all of them are going to come back. That's just too.. perfect and magical.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 02:32 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css