HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 104 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Zenoseiya
post Feb 13 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #286

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,504

Was anyone else reminded of End of Evangelion?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beastPlushi
post Feb 13 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #287

Citizen

Member No.: 72,714

No, that hadn't come to mind. but I can sort'a see how someone could.

--------------------

+Quote Post
o-ren
post Feb 13 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #288

Citizen

Member No.: 47,183

QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Feb 13 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Was anyone else reminded of End of Evangelion?

Scroll a few pages back in this post, said the exact same thing lol. The whole scary apocalyptic theme is strong

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #289

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

It sucks that Mustang is so useless right now. I don't understand the point in making him blind just yet. huh.gif If only Riza could use flame alchemy, we'd be all set! laugh.gif Why didn't she learn any from her father?? >_<

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Fawfulhasfury
post Feb 14 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #290

Citizen

Member No.: 31,483

Hey, I'm just a lurker here, but I wanted to add. I haven't seen anyone else mention this here yet, but considering Page 15 of Chapter 82 where Hohenheim says that Leto is waiting for the Promised Day, has anyone considered that the god that Father absorbed was Leto?

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Feb 14 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #291

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

I think that chapter 82 page 15 is Hohenheim talking about Father, not Leto. Hohenheim tells Al to focus up and Al is confused, so he asks if Hohenheim is talking about the sun god Leto (since they're in Lior and the Leto statue is tall). Hohenheim then says that "he" is waiting for the "Promised Day."

I always interpreted "he" to mean Father, though. I still think so. Now that you mention the ambiguity, though, maybe Hohenheim was pointing out Leto also.

I remember thinking at the time that Hohenheim was talking about the eclipse in Father's plan (using Leto as a metaphor). Maybe Hohenheim was taking about the god in Father's plan (using Leto more literally)?

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Feb 14 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #292

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Good theory Fawlfulhasfury, it did look like Father was absorbing the sun in that chapter. And welcome to the forums!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Feb 15 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #293

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Feb 14 2010, 11:29 PM) *
I don't understand the point in making him blind just yet. huh.gif

Me neither. I mean really, even if he wasn't blind at this point, is there anything he could have done? I can't see it. (ahem).

+Quote Post
essa
post Feb 15 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #294

Citizen

Member No.: 41,585

Hey
I'm usually a reader of the forums but I noticed something in this chapter that I'd like to question.
I've been watching all the theories and stuff and it was then I noticed in page 26 (here's the link http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/104/26/ ) when father is about to activate the circle, hoho realizes what's happening and he screams "no", right?
The panel where hoho is on the floor you can see an alchemy reaction that I believe it's his because father only activates the circle in the next page. Then I wondered: Was he trying to activate the reverse circle? Because he was travelling through different places of the country dropping philosopher's stones and he already knew about the reverse circle when Al mentioned to him, so maybe he was doing that reverse circle? And if he was trying to activate it, it's most likely it failed so... if it's true, how the heck are they gonna solve this?

At the same time, it's most likely that they were expecting this to happen because if it was their opportunity to get their bodies back, the only way to do it is through human transmutation, right? Either way, the gate had to be opened. And the warnings to both Pinako and Winry to leave the country, it's almost like they already knew this was going to happen. So I'm still wondering where the reverse circle is going to work here.

So as you can see I'm kinda confused, this two theories go against each other I guess xD
(sorry about the english, it's not my native language ^^; )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 15 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #295

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (essa @ Feb 15 2010, 07:49 AM) *
Hey
I'm usually a reader of the forums but I noticed something in this chapter that I'd like to question.
I've been watching all the theories and stuff and it was then I noticed in page 26 (here's the link http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/104/26/ ) when father is about to activate the circle, hoho realizes what's happening and he screams "no", right?
The panel where hoho is on the floor you can see an alchemy reaction that I believe it's his because father only activates the circle in the next page. Then I wondered: Was he trying to activate the reverse circle? Because he was travelling through different places of the country dropping philosopher's stones and he already knew about the reverse circle when Al mentioned to him, so maybe he was doing that reverse circle? And if he was trying to activate it, it's most likely it failed so... if it's true, how the heck are they gonna solve this?

At the same time, it's most likely that they were expecting this to happen because if it was their opportunity to get their bodies back, the only way to do it is through human transmutation, right? Either way, the gate had to be opened. And the warnings to both Pinako and Winry to leave the country, it's almost like they already knew this was going to happen. So I'm still wondering where the reverse circle is going to work here.

So as you can see I'm kinda confused, this two theories go against each other I guess xD
(sorry about the english, it's not my native language ^^; )

First of all, I wouldn't worry about your English, I couldn't tell that it wasn't your first language. smile.gif

Secondly, we're all hoping for the reverse transmutation circle to come into play soon, I think. At this point, I think that both sides (Hoho and Father) have been plotting for a while. This is actually sort of reminding me of a Death Note-type scenario, in that I think that the audience is supposed to THINK that one side is winning, when in reality the other side was winning all along. (Does that make sense? ^^')

But I also think this is important to note: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/23/27/

So HE is the God that Father swallowed?

--------------------

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Feb 15 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #296

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I believe one of the recent guidebooks actually stated that everyone has their own Truth, sort of a "negative" of their soul. It makes sense; look how Roy's Truth was taller than Ed's, for example. So I think it was, as Father said, the planet's Truth.

As for Hohenheim, he appears to be despairing... but I think it's an act. I think we'll see the results of whatever his transmutation was in the next chapter. He's got something up his sleeve.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Feb 15 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #297

State Alchemist (Major)

I agree, I think Hohenheim will be the one to come to the rescue in the end, but I'm almost positive that he will die in doing so.

--------------------

-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
Alyeon
post Feb 15 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #298

Citizen

Member No.: 72,881

There was actually a lunar eclipse on March 1, 1915 around 6pm. I'm not sure if it was the homunculi that said it, but i recall there being a few references to the "Promised Day" occurring in spring. March is in spring.

Edward was born on February 3, 1899, so during 1915 Edward would be 16, his age at the current point in the manga. Even if his birth date was not revealed, he burnt down his house on October 3, 1910 shortly after becoming the youngest state alchemist ever at the age of 12. This would put his age during 1915 in between 16-17.

Also on chapter 103 it shows that its dark outside shortly before the eclipse occurs on page 1. http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/103/001/

I'm not sure if anyone else has already pointed it out due to me quickly glancing over the thread... but I just thought this would be a tasty tidbit to know.

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Feb 15 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #299

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I think Hohenheim was genuinely attempting to stop the transmutation in the last moment. Not that he wouldn't havw a back-up plan, he simply didn't want all the people of Amestris be killed (which is, kind of, quite to be understood). Maybe he's more an actor than I give him credit for biggrin.gif

Man, I can't believe it's just this Friday chapter 104 came out in Japan.

@Alyeon: yes, it's dark, but because of solar eclipse being on the way (I remember there was solar eclipse about ten years ago in Europe and even though the eclipse wasn't full in my area, it was pretty dark when it came around 95%). Hard to tell the exact date, though, might be March 1, might not.

*waves* by the way, welcome to the forums!

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece
post Feb 17 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #300

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,581

i smell a plot

methinks Hohenheim has an ace up his sleeve..but (forgive my ignorance) how would he reverse it all (if he does) with the citizens as philosophers stones (they are, aren't they)

--------------------

EdwardxWinry

[credit goes to Aquarina :D]

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 03:32 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css