HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Arakawa Is A Mother. Wow!! Arakawa-cow's maternity hospitalization announcement on first post, NewsFlash! She is gettng ready for another one! ^^
AA battery
post Jul 28 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #61

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 28 2011, 09:22 AM) *
Arakawa-sensei is said to have had the birth of her second child (don't know boy or girl ^^) sometime in June or July, possibly during one of these "off" period (when her current series Silver Spoon was taking weeks off).

Pic below is from Romi Park-san's Twitter...this is a pic from "Sacred Star of Milos" movie production-completion/hit-wish party held sometime in May-July of this year. In the center we see someone whom we think is Romi Park-san, and next to her is a pregnant lady who is resembling Arakawa-sensei, although Romi Park-san's twitter does not have any comment on who are in the pic, and we can't say for sure that this was Arakawa-sensei. smile.gif
(Yes, yes, I know the pic is not very clear, but that's how it was posted. xp)

That could be Arakawa Hiromu since it resembles the other "rumoured" photo of her that was on the net years ago! I could barely tell who is Kugimiya Rie on that photo though...

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 1 2011, 06:30 AM
Post #62

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Anyone who is near a bookstore that carries Japanese magazines, if you go nearby, please check if they have this month's Wings magazine (that's a bi-monthly Japanese comic/novel magazine, aimed mainly for young ladies who are above kids' age. More importantly, that's the magazine that carries "Noble Farmer" by Hiromu Arakawa), and this month's Wings magazine ..October issue.. carries a new chapter of Noble Farmer.

If you go by, please check the BACK few PAGES of the chapter! Supposedly, Arakawa-sensei wrote about her husband and son!!
Possibly a pic, too (?) ohmy.gif we are still searching for more info on this. biggrin.gif

If you have a cellphone with camera, please take a screenshot of this, and post it! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
linda K
post Sep 1 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 49,374

This is my first post because I don't speak english very well, sorry laugh.gif

@Tombow I think I found something. Hope this helps a little smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 1 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

^ Linda K, that's AWESOME! *hugs linda K* Thank you!! hug.gif

Also, congrats on your first post! ^^ Your English is excellent! happy.gif

I'll try to translate some of the blog content from the link posted kindly by Linda K above. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
linda K
post Sep 1 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #65

Citizen

@Tombow You're welcome!!! I admire Hiromu Arakawa a lot biggrin.gif.

I'll be waiting for the translation and I will continue looking for more information about the chapter wink.gif.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 1 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #66

Group Icon

Below is translations of the blog content talking about Arakawa-sensei's "Noble Farmer" in this month's Wings magazine.
Wings Oct. 2011 issue, Arakawa-sensei drew her hubby first time!
I got the info that new pages of Noble Farmer in this month's Wings has some stuff on Hiromu Arakawa's husband and son, so I bought the magazine. I spend 600 Yen for the magazine, for the 8 pages of new "Noble Farmer" comic.
Usually I wait till vol book comes out for Noble Farmer, so this is the first time I bought this magazine.
Below is from Noble Farmer part #23 in this month's Wings magazine.

Noble Farmer part 23, "Taste of Milk" "Milk Magic"

Note: I don't have tine to translate the whole blog now, so I'm going to skip the middle content...the blog talks about the content of this month's Noble Farmer, talking about how raw milk taste much better than store-bought milk.... If/when I get the chance I will be back and try to translate the rest. ^^

The translations below is the part of the blog that talks about Arakawa-sensei's drawing of her son.
This is Arakawa-sensei's drawing of her son, at age of 2, when she went back to her family's farm (with her husband and her son) last year. (Note: Arakawa-sensei visited her dad's family farm in Hokkaido last year when she visited Obihiro Agricultural High School she graduated from, for the research for her new weekly series Silver Spoon.)
There, her then-2-years-old son tasted raw milk first time in his life, and below is his impression of that moving moment of discovering the amazing taste of real (as in non-homogenized, raw) milk.
Attached File  ArakawaSonNobleFarmer.png ( 37.13K ) Number of downloads: 61

The caption says he is 2 years old. (He will be 3 years old this year).

And then, the blog goes on to talk more about the content of this month's Noble Farmer that says that raw milk is more kind to the stomach because, for most of people the reason they have trouble with (store bought) milk is because of lack of enzyme in their body that breaks down lactose in milk. And, according to Arakawa, by heating the milk for sterilizing, this process changes the protein in the milk to the form that is harder to digest by humans, and also this sterilizing process also kills natural lactic acid bacteria (good-guy bacteria) that naturally helps digesting of milk. Hence, according to Arakawa in Noble Farmer, raw milk is kinder to the stomach than processed milk.

...and that leads to her husband, as exhibit A. XD He was also one of those who do not have enough enzyme to break down lactose, and thus he has been having trouble with (store-bought heat-sterilized) milk. But, Arakawa's father pushed him to try raw milk, and lo and behold, since then he is converted as the drinker of raw milk (or cold-pasteurized milk.) ...blog says that Arakawa writes that they get cold-processed and packed milk sent from Arakawa's dad's farm in Hokkaido to Arakawa's house.

And, below is Arakawa-sensei's drawing of her husband (first time appearance! XD)
Attached File  ArakawaHubbyNobleFarmerWingOct.png ( 40.66K ) Number of downloads: 74

Caption says: Test subject A My Husband
And, he is saying: "My stomach doesn't agree with store-bought milk---"

And, that's the first appearance of Aralkawa-sensei's husbad! laugh.gif Thank you again, lind K for your help in locating this blog! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
linda K
post Sep 1 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #67

Citizen

@Tombow Thank you very much!!!

OMG the face of her child it's so funny biggrin.gif . But he likes the taste of raw milk so, it's all right ^___^. My one-year-old niece don't like any kind of milk. It's funny because she lives in a farm but... no. She feel the taste, makes funny faces and and then spits the milk. But she LOVES chocolate milk laugh.gif .

And Arakawa's husband!!! I think he looks a little like Izumi's husband, Sig tongue.gif.

Oh, I really loves this manga with all that kind of information about life on a farm. Actually I learn alot with all the mangas of Hiromu Arakawa and "Noble Farmer" is no exception.

Thanks for the translation, again! wub.gif

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Sep 1 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #68

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

HA, I am more of a fan of Arakawa-sensei than ever now! I go out of my way to get raw milk and cheese when I can, for exactly the reasons she mentions. I've never been lactose-intolerant, but everything is so much tastier and better for you unprocessed, fresh and real. I think she said just as much in Silver Spoon recently too. smile.gif

The illustrations are cute!

+Quote Post
deadlypenguin666
post Jul 2 2012, 06:40 AM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 90,559

*spits out tea and starts speaking gibberish*HOLY CRAP ON TOAST!!! This is the first time i heard she has a friggin' son! ohmy.gif Anyway,HER SON LIKES MILK AND ED DOSENT!!!HAHAHAHA!

--------------------
I'MA DANCIN' TACO!!

+Quote Post
linda K
post Jul 2 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #70

Citizen

QUOTE (deadlypenguin666 @ Jul 2 2012, 07:40 AM) *
*spits out tea and starts speaking gibberish*HOLY CRAP ON TOAST!!! This is the first time i heard she has a friggin' son! ohmy.gif Anyway,HER SON LIKES MILK AND ED DOSENT!!!HAHAHAHA!

@deadlypenguin666 Actually, she has two children right now. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css