HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 41: The Abyss - Content Discussion Thread, Warning, possible spoilers for the first 41 episodes
Anyarel
post Jan 26 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,704

Where can I find this episode? (in VOSTA or VOSTFR)

I didn't find it on wat.tv =(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Jan 26 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Wowwie, there's mixed comments here but I must say I loved this episode! Even though I knew what was going to happen from the manga I still felt for Edward, and hey, did I hear a new music piece?

There was good emotion in this episode along with some moral dilemmas about killing people vs. staying alive. I really like that about FMA. It makes you think about these things, but never gives a definitive answer as to which is the right answer. Now that's entertainment. The explosions and blood make for good entertainment as well. laugh.gif Great animation at the tensest moments is just the cherry on top of this awesome sundae.

Ed's small grin and deep breath before they pulled the bar out of him was just heart-stopping. They illustrated pain very well, especially when Ed was just laying on the floor breathing heavily. (Reminded me of my goldfish when it was dying, but moving on...) And let's not forget about Al passing out again and Winry and Mei getting all worried... Gah! This ep was just a parfait of emotions! And that's why I love it. wub.gif (But since when have I ever disliked an episode of Brotherhood?)

About the cliffhanger thing, I believe it's good either way, so it's just fine as it is. Cliffhangers make you watch the next episode, but finding out what happens leaves you satisfied.

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Jan 26 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 71,965

Great episode. I was disappointed they didn't have ed being smothered by the lion mane but with the way that scene was done it would have been out of place. I was also slightly disappointed that Kimblee simply said Ed was fast rather than attributing it to his northern automail. I know that point was brought up in his fight with scar and the chimera's, but Kimblee mentioning it again made it seem more amazing for him.

Oh well, those two bad things are easily outweighed by how well the scene with Ed being impaled was done and I really liked how they changed things around with Ed making things more difficult for the snipers than stalling Kimblee so they could get into position.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #34

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Obviously Paku Romi has been prasied and she deserves to be, that moment where Ed is lying there breathing heavily was very effective. I suppose they didn't add him being suffocated by the mane as that would have added some humour to the scene and they wanted it kept serious (if so they ruined that theory with attena twitch).

However I also want to give some praise to Winry's V.A, Megumi Takamoto, for her "Edo" cry. Something about it was perfectly strained and thus I also think it helped in that next scene where Ed says something like "I can't make her cry over something so stupid" as if he heard her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 27 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

THE SCREAM!! omg the scream is PEERFECT!! i was shivering in pain.. poor ed.. the whine! XD wawawawawaw

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jan 27 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

EXCELLENT EPISODE. That's all I gotta say!

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jan 28 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

What the hell was with this guy's expression?

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Jan 28 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #38

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I don't know, I think this episode was kinda narm--ish... The part with pulling the beam out of Ed's side was a little drawn-out. Also, the red eyes on Kimblee? Seriously?

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jan 29 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jan 28 2010, 06:08 PM) *
What the hell was with this guy's expression?

Maybe some snow made it's way into his underwear.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
zephyr_zealot
post Jan 29 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 43,433

Good episode..I enjoyed it very much with a little suspense..
What I like was Ed is a type of person that I really respect his actions..
especially while he was really suffering from the sudden impale thing, he saved the two chimera guys..
and he was confident the chimera guys will not follow Kimblee's orders..
Truthfully, it's a lot of pain when the large thing plunge into Ed..(oww)
But in the end, Ed will get his medical treatment..
happy.gif

P/S: I remember the lion(one of the chimera guys), and kept me guessing. What will he do with the red stone(philosopher's stone) that he picked up???

--------------------

Face it. It's a lot of changes now..

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jan 29 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ I LOLED at chouchou's comment XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Jan 29 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

This episode was great, I thought - at least for the emotional impact. The way they built up to showing just how dire Ed's situation was was well-done - the relative quiet, the small pieces of rubble falling down into the hole, then the expression on Ed's face when he looks back to see what's happened. Wow. The slight blurring of the "camera" angle helped, too, along with the spilling blood on the floor. Poor Ed! Kid's strong as an ox, though, it takes a lot of guts to do what he did (and I loved the relieved sigh from the chimeras once the beam was pulled out).

Kimblee was also at his evil best. We all know he's absolutely reprehensible, but him sacrificing the chimeras (and just being downright creepy about it, too) really made it hit home. Particular favorite scenes: where he extends his arms while standing in front of Ed to drop himself into the mine shaft, and when he cuts off Ed's thought with "You've won. That's what you're thinking, isn't it?" He also got the best line: "I didn't survive the war in Ishbal because of my good looks!"

Side note - good on the animators for continuing to draw Ed's little scar on his forehead. Dope that I am - I've forgotten how he got it! Anyone care to refresh my memory? Was that with the fight with Scar when Ling and Ranfan were fighting Wrath?

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Jan 29 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (mersaydee @ Jan 29 2010, 06:58 PM) *
Side note - good on the animators for continuing to draw Ed's little scar on his forehead. Dope that I am - I've forgotten how he got it! Anyone care to refresh my memory? Was that with the fight with Scar when Ling and Ranfan were fighting Wrath?

He got it from battling with Slicer.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Jan 29 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 29 2010, 11:03 AM) *
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Jan 29 2010, 06:58 PM) *

He got it from battling with Slicer.

Ok, I'm a dork - I forgot to look through the earlier screencaps. *facepalm* Looks like he did get it from Scar, waaay back in Episode 21/22:

I'm impressed they're still drawing it! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Jan 29 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #45

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

I think I heard somewhere that Arakawa or somebody noticed that he always ended up with blood over his right eye during fights, so they put the scar there to justify it. Or something. He's definitely had a cut there more than once.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css