HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 103 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
DistantBlue
post Jan 6 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,766

Well, I'm a bit disappointed with the possibility of 30 pages (I know, I know - Arakawa's a busy woman) and the lack of development with Father and the sacrifices, but the Scar revelation and the Roy Theory made it up to me LOL.

But TBH, at the rate of how the story is being paced, I doubt that we are going to finish in five or six more chapters...

EDIT: Actually, looking at this again, I am quite disappointed in the chapter. We are left off in 102 with all the sacrifices collected, with the final stage nearly set up to go, and then we have 103 with little progression. Won't go further than that. I did like the Scar revelation and Ed voicing our thoughts on the justness of Mustang's price.

Oh, and Maybe she cut the length of this chapter so she would have more time/pages for Ch.104?

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jan 6 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Looks like there's plenty of action in this chapter, but not a whole lot of progression. I guess I'll have to wait and see the scanlations.

I have not been impressed with the past few chapters.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Kitchan
post Jan 6 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 72,255

f*!@ yeah, Scar.

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jan 6 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

Tombow's translation made me realize that it's not only a set of floors what separates Father, Mei and the sacrifices from the others. The chimeras and Riza have just realized that, and Father explained it. So, apparently only Mei was capable of reaching them from the very beginning. She has the right kind of alchemy to oppose Father, and they are all inside his "belly". It's fitting.

In short, this chapter is all about "answer time"... but not much more.

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Jan 6 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #35

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

Gah! Arakawa, are you trying to kill us all with suspense? You've certainly mastered the art of making us all go "What do you mean that's the end of the chapter?!"

So Hohenheim's coming back. I wonder if he'll try to take control of Father's body?

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jan 6 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Jan 6 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Tombow's translation made me realize that it's not only a set of floors what separates Father, May and the sacrifices from the others. The chimeras and Riza have just realized that, and Father explained it. So, apparently only May was capable of reaching them from the very beginning. She has the right kind of alchemy to oppose Father, and they are all inside his "belly". It's fitting.

I've been thinking that since last chapter, actually. I figured there was some sort of barrier keeping Riza and the chimeras away, considering how Father seemed surprised that Mei was able to break through and reach him. Mei has a good chance of doing some damage, I suppose!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 6 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #37

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Fixed some "awkward" spots on my quick translations, but I still can't read a couple of lines on the raw pages. ... >.<

*Waits for better quality raw to surface for translations of these parts.* ^^

ETA: I hereby declare this thread as a "Spoiler Party" thread, so that we don't have to use spoiler tags. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
stonehead
post Jan 6 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 52,269

It's a bit ironic that the Ultimate Eye would get defeated by something he apparently didn't see...

+Quote Post
Winry Chan
post Jan 6 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 58,548

Scar!!! Mei!!!!

O_O

I'll be back after I calm down.

EDIT: Well, that was...

I'm a bit surprised that Ed and Al went after Pride instead of Father. It was nice to see that Ed has matured past the time when "if you want to shoot the general, just shoot the general!", and has acknowledged the "horse" aspect. (Hope that made sense...)

That left Mei with Father (what is Izumi, a wall decoration??), and I was cheering her on. It was also nice to see Hohenheim break through. It shows he's not dead yet (even though that is his ultimate wish, I don't want to see him die in such a manner >.>). And Mei even dodged that huge Xing dagger Father transmuted, leaving me thinking she has the skills to keep up with him. But then she had to go and get... electrocuted? I almost cried when I saw the blood shoot out. It reminded me of the many occasions in which Ed has been seen from that angle.

Although that line she had, "不老不死", made me chuckle. I'm glad Arakawa added in a 成语. It made me even more convinced that as Amestris is modeled after Europe, Xing is modeled after China.

On to Scar's fight with Wrath. It seemed the first few pages of it dragged on, until Scar broke Wrath's sword. But then his arm get stabbed (O_O), he was pinned down (!!!!!!!!), and then OMGWTFBBQ he can reconstruct! The panel of his arm between the spikes with the alchemic lightning reminds me of all those times Ed left his hand on the groud after transmuting, and there still being the alchemical lightning. WOW. This showed how much Scar has grown, too. Before he used to abhor anything to do with alchemy, even after his brother died. Now it seems not only has he accepted alchemy as a fighting tool, but he has gone beyond and learned what he needed (and not necessarily wanted) to about alchemy to win. Now that he's done this, I starting to change my belief to that of Scar being able to survive this last battle. /hope

I hope I made sense.

EDIT2: I forgot to add this. I think part of what made this chapter short was not only it being just 29 pages, but that there were only three scenes (Ed questioning to PrideFight, Mei going after Father, ScarWrathFight). But even though it was short, the last reveal for Scar was worth it (although I think Arakawa should have used a whole chapter for it, I think she's already set a chapter limit). I feel like each of these sections could have lasted 15 pages each, but since I think we're almost at the end, chapters may appear to be rushed.

--------------------
If someone types L337 SP34K in a forest and no one else is around, are they still a noob?

+Quote Post
Deadbeat007
post Jan 6 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 72,024

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Jan 6 2010, 03:08 PM) *
EDIT: Actually, looking at this again, I am quite disappointed in the chapter. We are left off in 102 with all the sacrifices collected, with the final stage nearly set up to go, and then we have 103 with little progression. Won't go further than that. I did like the Scar revelation and Ed voicing our thoughts on the justness of Mustang's price.

My thoughts exactly. Good chapter, but it didn't progress the story as much as I'd hoped.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Jan 6 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

Thanks Tombow for straining your eyes to translate for us!!
biggrin.gif

I like how mature Ed is acting in this chapter. Al as well as Mei are also thinking on their feet. However, Izumi is pretty quiet unless she has dialogue on the missing pages in the chapter. Scar's revelation takes the cake for me though! I hope he kicks Wrath's a$$! Sorry, over excited there about his arm! tongue.gif Can't wait to read more.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Jan 6 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

Yeah, Ed's attitude was one of the best parts of the chapter IMO. It was like, "That's it, I'm going up to the Truth and punching it in the face until it gives people's tolls back." And Pride running away. YES.

Also, Roy's not panicking, which is pretty amazing given his situation...Poor guy is also getting tripped and thrown around left and right. Ed grabs his feet, he trips over the floor, Standard Izumi Throw is applied... yeesh people, cut him a break! (Though that last was kind of necessary.)

I did think the chapter was a bit of an anticlimax, though... and there are so many leftover questions that now have to wait a month. Augh.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 6 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #43

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Gooo May!

So Scar has the reconstruction arm now from his brother's notes, nice!

30 pages felt so little, but I'm not gonna complain since she is still being very awesome at not taking breaks from drawing FMA =D

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 7 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #44

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

great chapter!! kinda disappointed.. 30 pages only? What??? and there's no anticlimax... still great chapoter. cant wait for next month!

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Jan 7 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

...How anticlimatic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css