Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
That One Dude
post Feb 9 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

At around 11 in the morning, Nathaniel had found her way back to the warehouse. She'd left early, believing the trip to be longer than expected; though, it was just an excuse to get away from her 'over-emotional' subordinates.

After standing by the door for about 5 minutes, checking to see if anyone else was there, she finally stepped inside. Oddly enough, she wasn't too surprised to see Blake sitting by the wall, seemingly ready to strike. She aimed a small nod at him, acknowledging his presence, and sat down by the table, waiting for the others to come by. Only a little longer now.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 10 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Blake chuckled for a moment, quietly, as Nathaniel entered and leaned forward in his chair when he sat down at the table.

"Oh it`s you..."

He commented dryly with a smug expression flashing across his face, for a fraction of a second someone might have thought that he was actually smiling, but bluntly his face rare performed such a feat. Blake began twirling a knife between his fingers, spinning it around and around whilst locking his eyes on Nathaniel to taunt him.

"As assassins, I feel that both of us are... smart enough to avoid any foolish trust and that neither of us are unclear as to what the rules of this game are. None of us are ready to start working with others, but if we wish to gain our reward, we must. Both of us know that when all hell breaks loose and something goes wrong, the whole mission is unsalvageable and all of us are ready to turn on one another within a heartbeat."

He said with a flat tone, but empowered his last words by snapping his fingers and flunging the knife across the room into the far wall.

"Now I am not one to inquire too much about someone I might have to kill in the near future, but the fact is... I`ve done some research on my recent companions... the others seem quite plain and nothing curious about them really... but after a chat with a certain person and I became rather curious about your true motives. Why? I`ll be more specific.... One, I have never heard of you and I have been around for a while. Two, in our conversation that person seemed rather curious of your current state and apparently full well knew who you were. Three, he seemed awfully concerned about your presence not to mention he did not give me any help as to your origins while clearly he should have elaborated....

Now I can go two ways with this information... I could kill you straight away and end your mystery, the mission might still go on or you could simply tell me. Of course you can simply make this very awkward by keeping your little secret, if I choose to let you live long enough."

Blake spoke with a slow and ponderous tone, eying every expression and movement that Nathaniel made. If they were to fight right now, the whole mission could be ruined and if not there might be boundless paranoia about for the rest of their mission, which might prove very short given the circumstances.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 10 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Nathaniel furrowed her brow, the pupils of her eyes eerily constricted, almost giving her a ghost-like expression. However, she didn't seem any more or less tense than before, and silently turned to face him. Then, she spoke, "My motives aren't really any of your concern, but if you're so paranoid about the fact that I might not be 'just' a nobody, fine. I'll do my best to explain it to you, though I can't promise you'll understand a damn thing of what I'm about to tell you.

My father was Maxim Vera; he descended from some natives up north who had the frightening tendency to sharpen their canines and cannibalize on their enemies' blood. Of course, that was ages ago, but the ferocity still runs hot through anyone with the bloodline, even if it's only a branch of it, and I can testify for that; being hotblooded was what caused me to lose my arm, and that's all I'll say about those two topics.

My mother was Gala Feliciano; roughly about twenty-one years ago, she founded a family named Lilith, of very low reputation. As soon as it did start gaining reputation, about fourteen years ago, I'm not sure if a plot was concocted to keep it small, or if it was simply bad luck, but my mother was murdered, as was my father shortly thereafter. The family was succeeded by a woman who was assigned to keep the family in line in emergencies. The woman that succeeded it, however, was little more than a wallflower who had no idea how to run a crime family. Since then, that same woman has been in charge of the family.

My goal is to overtake her and take on my rightful place as heir. Then, I'll find out who killed my parents, and when I find out why, I will hand out their sentences accordingly so.

After all, I am the Prince of Lilith."

She said all this steadily, without so much as batting an eyelash, staring Blake directly in the eye. "If you find neither my past nor my ideals intriguing or worthy of your time, or if you hardly have any idea of what I'm talking about, then it would suffice for me to say that you've wasted both my time and yours... all because you were paranoid."

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 14 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #64

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Suddenly steps broke the deadly silence, shortly followed by a careless whistling. The tricksters walked calmly into the warehouse not even looking around for a possible ambush or enemies like the others had done...they either were plain dumb or...quite confident in their luck...
"...hope we are not interrupting anything..." Ashes said said shrughing as they looked at Nathaniel and Blake "We were planning to wait but...sooner or later we would attract attention to ourselfs" Roxanne said as she sat down playing with her cards.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 15 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #65

Alchemists

(OC: no need to wait for DNA as he is apparently busy so he might not be posting in a while, but let us pretend his chars somehow are along etc.)

--------------

"You came just in time, things were about to get... odd to say the least..."

Blake answered with a calm, flat tone, but his smirk could did not hide his amusement over the situation as Nathaniel had spilled the beans. All Blake had to do now was to visit the estate once and he could connect the dots with the help of the information held there, things were about to get interesting. He snapped out of his thoughts and gazed at the two thieves, who made their way to the table. At least these two had not abandoned the plan and it seemed unlikely at this point that they would need anymore members to arrive to the scene, hopefully those two, who had not arrived yet, were not comtemplating on betrayal. In anycase they might as well go through the next phase of the plan.

"Now that we are here, let`s go through what we have to do in order to get Cromwell`s attention, shall we? As we agreed before, you thieves represent your own `faction` in this matter, money comes from Barrows and the rest of us function as the ambush team. Fuchsia and Noah will have to set things in motion by contacting one of Cromwells rats down here at the dock to set up a deal.

I suppose you have everything prepared for that?"

Blake inquired, throwing a chilly glance at the duo.

------------

(OC: you can have your chars know the guy they have to contact and rp that char in order to make things go along more smoothly.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 15 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #66

Alchemists

"It's done" The tricksters said "We arranged the meeting for 6pm. Getting him to help us wasnt really that hard: he's an old friend and he speaks our language" Noah said snickering softly "The plan is already done. He'll take us to Cromwell's partner, we'll offer him a juicy deal with a nice amount of money that he wont be able to reject nor suspect since he knows we have it...if we plays our cards right he'll take us to our target in less than 2 hours, after that it's up to you guys" Roxanne said as she smirked lightly.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 15 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #67

Alchemists

"Assuming everything goes according to plan...."

Blake muttered quietly and threw a suspicious glance at Nathaniel, then at the empty seats at the table, contemplating on the possibility that they had already been betrayed. Tough at this point it was too late for doubts they were about to do something that would upset the balance of the mob war one way or another. He gazed back at the duo with a blank face.

"Fine by me, you`ll take charge until we can confirm that the target is within an arms length so to speak. Nathaniel and I will stick on the sidelines for the time being and follow you from afar as not to alarm the opposition of any foul play on our part. Tough I suggest you be prepared to fend off a couple of thugs when he spring the trap on that twerp..."

Blake didn`t like not knowing when he could strike or having to wait for hours on end, watching others do their job, but alas it was all for the greater good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 15 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Major)

Nathaniel remained silent as they spoke, closely listening in on the plan. However, she did not seem pleased at all, if only for the fact that Blake was so wary of her. If anything, she thought that he should count his lucky stars that she hadn't strung him up by his feet and disemboweled him already.

She nodded slowly, in agreement to the two thieves' plans. "Alright, fellas. You'd better be good at what you do." She chuckled a bit, leaning back on her chair. "And don't screw it up, unless you'd like to see just how much damage a woman with one arm can inflict." She huffed softly, some of her old spark re-emerging in that last sentence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 16 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #69

Alchemists

"Good?? Sweetheart, we are the best!" Ashes said as he snickered softly "And to prove how serious and good we are..." Roxanne said as she took a small briefcase next to her and put it on the table "Clean and good money" She whispered as she opened the briefcase just to show a nice amount of money wads in it, they all looked completly original...but the thieves smiles could make you doubt...they were con-artists after all. "This will prove our friends that we mean business...almost like a "security stake" from our side" She said.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 16 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #70

Alchemists

Blake`s face, for once, dropped it`s almost emotionless mask as he heard Nathaniel`s reference. He stared at her for a while before chuckling out loud, almost laughed, but attempted to desperately cover up his amusement by coughing. From that start he had thought there had been something strange about him or her, now that he knew the truth, but that she was a freaking cross-dresser had not crossed his mind. At least he wouldn`t waste time looking information about a man when he was actually a she.

"Enough banter, let`s get going. We`ll have to scout out the meeting place for a proper hideout so that the two of us can follow the developments from a safe distance and move in when necessary."

Blake reasoned, partially because he hated waiting around and because he was paranoid enough to suspect a trap set by the thieves.

(Mai, you can have your characters lead the way etc)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 17 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #71

Alchemists

"The meeting will be held in the Pit...everything was already arranged" Roxanne said as she closed the case and Noah grabbed it "Let's get going...and while we drive...you guys can tell us about YOUR plan" She said as she walked toward the car.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 17 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

"I figure we'll be in the area 'just in case' your dealing goes wrong," she said, following them. "Though, it might be best if we take different modes of transportation, don't ya think, fellas?" she stuffed her hands in her pockets, furrowing her brow. "There's a chance that, if they see us all in one car, two representatives from the thieves guild along with two..." she briefly glanced over at Blake "... tag-alongs, they'll think something's up; especially if said tag-alongs decide to scurry off to a neighboring building."

"Though, as much as I'd love to say that I have an alternative mode of transportation, I really don't... even if I did, my driving is... not the best." Her mind somehow drifted to the letter she'd received earlier that morning and her brow furrowed more in irritation. But, then, she realized; Cieran had a motorbike with a sidecar, didn't he? And he'd left it in the garage of his mansion... which was, generally, very easy to sneak into. "No, wait..." she mumbled.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 18 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #73

Alchemists

Blake stood up from the chair and shoved his hands in his pockets as he passed Nathaniel, who was still sitting by the table.

"Agreed, the less they suspect the better, but even so we can`t afford any mistakes that might give us away. Cromwell would be jumping on the walls, if he heard that someone had attempted to approach him with less than friendly thoughts."

Blake pondered out loud as he stopped to stare at the others. The moment was at hand, a test, whether they would be able to co-operate or not. It could all go horribly wrong or at least well, in some regards, Blake wasn`t keeping his hopes up, but didn`t really try to show it at that moment.

"I suggest we split now, you two get going and you... let`s get going..."

He said in a monotonic voice before walking out into the alley.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 18 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #74

Alchemists

"Sounds good" Anthony said as he looked at Roxanne who just nooded in agreement. "We'll talk to Cromwell's partner, we'll close the deal and he'll take us to Cromwell...IF they smell what we are up to...we'll come up with something" Roxanne said as she opened the door of the car "So...good luck I guess" She mumbled smirking lightly before she got in the car followed by Noah.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 18 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #75

State Alchemist (Major)

"Likewise to you fellas," Nathaniel returned the little 'good luck' back at the pair, turning on her heel and following Blake into the alley.

"So..." she eyed Blake, a bit tense. Needless to say, the people she worked with were generally people she knew; she knew this was going to be rather awkward for her. "... What about you, hm?" She tried to ask him as casually as possible. "I said almost all there was to say about me; we'll talk about you, now."

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 07:37 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css