Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 13 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #46

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

"We are up for the deceiving part as well...after all, we are con-artists...lying and cheating is our thing" Roxanne said as she smirked lightly "Sounds good to me" Noah said as he leaned back on his chair looking excited about the idea of so much danger "And we are freelances, he'll never suspect anything" Roxanne added.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DNA
post Jan 15 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 54,482

"You all are so STUPID! UWE-HEE-HEE-HEE! Don't you know that a single person or small group will not make a big enough deal for a man to come out of hiding, when he has the city split in two trying to kill him? No no no! It'll have to be a representitive of a gang. Like me. Or Tom Queen."

"My name is Tom KING and I do believe th-"

"Shut up Nancy boy, no one wants your tea and crumpets." said an irritated Captian he gave a raspberry to Tom and walked forward.

"As such, If i'm going to make a deal, without killing anymore of MY men, you'll all have to dress up as my men. You take the order, I'll stand lead making decisions, and then when we get in private, or at least some seculded room. Mr. and Mrs. Slutty-Grimey-Street-Theives can find us an exit if we assassinate him. However, the more likely outcome is that he won't be stupid and meet us out-right, and send a co-worker. If thats the case, we should do one of two things."

"No. 1: Make an Unfavorable postion with him via another gang (Psst, King George, this is where you come in) or some other way of causing dis-order.

Or, we can take No. 2: Finding out his information from the place we make the deal, but I doubt the deal-maker will leave around incriminating things for us to take, so we might have to interrogate him. So the choice is yours." Said Sid as he pointed to the group.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 15 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #48

Alchemists

"HELL NO!! What did you just ca..." Noah hissed as he got up but Roxanne just pushed him down again "Ok. 1 The fact your brain capacity isnt good enough to remember our names is NOT our problem and despite the fact that it is true -in Ashes case- it dosent make it any better you f*!@-face!! 2 Do you ACTUALLY think he wont be suspicious of you either? Havent you thought about the possibility that MAYBE, just maybe, Vino already told everybody who are involved in this?" She said calmly yet poison dripped out of her words.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 15 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

"If the case in point is to stand as a recognizable family to try and lure him out, well, none of use are exactly qualified," Nathaniel remarked, frowning a bit. "And if, as Roxanne says, this 'Vino' took the opportunity to inform the target of our existence, wouldn't be pointless to even try to pull off this charade?" She rested her head on her remaining hand, which was propped on the table by the elbow.

She had to wonder, though, if she could be grouped up with them; after all, she was not exactly invited to the meeting, and it's not like she came from a recognizable family or was recognizable in any way herself. In fact, she was so out of place with a bunch of representatives and a crime boss that she was surprised no one bothered to ask her anything as of yet; or worse, suspect her of some foul play.

She tried hard not to think about this. "Though, there's a chance that, seeing as the whole lot of us are rather 'harmless', he'll meet us in person and try to convince us to back him up and sacrifice our hides for his; not to mention, the chances that the wine lady actually was able to recognize every single one of us and expose information over our little group is, in fact, pretty low."

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
DNA
post Jan 15 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 54,482

"If your little friend told them about us, this would all be pointless. We are opperating as though she did not, I'd like to think. Further more, I am actually the LEADER of a gang. Therefore, wanting weapons is REASONABLE. Get it though the skull lady!" said Captian condesendingly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 16 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #51

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Blake sighed as he listened to various opinions being thrown around, some more agreeable and one less so concerning his proposition. It seemed that at this point it was too uncertain to determine a course of action as their information about the enemy was somewhat vague, they had a start, but the rest was going to be a lot harder than he imagined. When he was operating as an assassin he certainly did not have the problem of having someone throwing their opinion in his face and if they did then they had not yet seen his blade reaching for their arteries.

"In anycase" Blake interrupted the argument with a chilling tone as he grew weary of their sudden quarreling. "We have to find and contact Cromwell`s underlings, Noah and Fuchsia will meet with this man, pry any information they can and we set up a meeting.

As you said, the meeting might be attended by one of Cromwell`s underlings and we would have to squeeze the information out of him. That is a risk I am willing to take, these slime`s that Cromwell employs aren`t some fanatically loyal mobsters, who pride themselves of loyalty. They are dealers, mercs, opportunists who only care about saving their own hides. Kill a few as a demonstration and the rest will start talking soon enough, trust me, I have dealt with enough of their kind."

Blake spoke with in calm and patient way trying to prevent another eruption of anger, a fact that was ever more likely once the clown opened the widening gap he had for a mouth.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 17 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

It's always yap yap yap yap yap with this guy... she rolled her eyes in a frustrated manner whenever the clown opened his mouth. Honestly, all she wanted to do now was get out of this silly meeting; alas, she was very likely to be ignored and to be doomed to listen to their - specifically, only the clown's - incessant whining.

However, there was hardly much to listen to at this current point; they all had the basic idea, they were just arguing over how to go through with it. "Sounds good enough to me, fellas..." she yawned, casually leaning back on her chair. "Now, can we hurry up and settle this? I think I hear a rooster crowing..."

She lamely tried to lighten the mood from the topic at hand, and lean it more towards the topic of, wouldn't you know it, sleep.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 19 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #53

Alchemists

"She's right...this was enough for the day and...we dont want to rush things, do we?" Noah asked as he chuckled softly "I echo that" Roxanne said as she streched her arms lazily.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 20 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #54

Alchemists

Blake sighed deep and crossed his hands behind his neck as there was an abrupt suggestion to stop planning for their first move, but then again he would need to do a few things before they procceeded with their plans.

"Fine by me... we will continue tommorrow around midday..."

Blake agreed and setting up a time table as they couldn`t simply say that they would continue this some other, non specified time as they had no way of contacting one another, if they split. He sprang up from his chair and took a few steps towards the exit as he had another place to visit. He did not even gaze behind as he left, forgetting completely about the money all tough he expected that one of his new `comrades` would take care of it.

He had other things to worry about at the moment and money was the least of them, reporting to his family was always a pain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 28 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

"Rest well, fellas," she said, lacking any energy, and rose from her seat, heading off to do her own work. A few hours of sleep wouldn't be bad, she knew, but part of her was struggling against a stubborn part of herself that wanted to go off and get all the glory for herself.

That part which had cost her her precious right arm.

She had to re-learn life again with her left arm again because of her own foolishness, but despite being much more calm a person, part of that old flame still burned in her heart that screamed she didn't want or need help, that she could do things for herself, and do them right. Not to mention that she was a glory hound, and would rather gain all the reputation for herself.

But, then again... she did want her mother's life's work to rise from the ashes instead of sink lower into the decadent world. So, if she did try and go on by herself, she'd go on for the family, not for her. But, should she go by herself? She should wait for the others, but... to confide in those people.

Most of Nathaniel's more succesful missions were when she was alone.

((C'mon, guys, don't let the RP die. :3))

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 29 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #56

Alchemists

(AYE CAPTAIN!! XDXD)
Roxanne walked toward the case of money, Noah looked at her curiously and then in awe as she closed the case "Wow...I'm proud" He said teasingly, she just smirked evilly "We cant steal from our...comrades...can we?" She said innocently as she grabbed her bag "Let's go...we have things to take care of" Roxanne said walking toward the exit, Noah snickered softly and followed.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 30 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #57

Alchemists

The estate had not changed since he last visited it almost two years ago, in fact it had not changed from the days of his childhood nor his first arrival as a babe. The buildin, which his family inhabbited was cold, distant, gloomy, but majestic in it`s own dark way. Family would have been the wrong word to express the sick and demented truth that lay underneath this bleak athmosphere, in truth they were a clan, of assassins no less. Many of them were not even connected by blood, occasionally they shared common parents, but Blake had never experienced such comfort and in such a world even your own blood was not to be trusted.

As always a pair of guards stood by the gates and were immidiately alarmed by the ruffy looking stranger that approached them, at first they began to move towards him with their weapons ready, but were fazed as the stranger flashed a signet ring on his right index finger. The guards froze for a split second before curtiosly clearing the way and letting Blake beyond the gate, onto the estate premises. Blake gazed at the yard around him quietly, a few of the inhabbitants were outside and they shared his gloomy gazed as he entered the main house. The door squaked as he entered, signifying a servant of a guest or an arriving family member.

A servant, somewhat older man, came almost running to the door yet stopped to examine the arrivals filthy appearance with a degree of caution. However after a moment of surveying the stranger the man suddenly made a sharp bow as, if embaraced by the fact that he had not recognized a member of the family. Blake remained silent throughtout the whole awkward situation, looking around the well decorated main hall and the long corridors that split away from it. As the servant began speaking, Blake turned his full attention towards him.

"Young master Biagio, forgive me, I did not recognize you due to your.... choice of cloth. Master Vicante is expecting you in the living room, but for the sake of dignity I would suggest that you tidy your appearance a bit before appearing in front of him." The servant suggest with a polite tone, knowing how the rest of th

"Inform him that I will be down shortly."

Biagio informed the servant with a calm tone and began to ascend the stairs in the main hall towards his own room. As always it was a charade, to the outside the family appeared clean and decent as, if they were nobility of sorts. A perfect cover for the bloody secrets that lay beneath their respectable image. Biagio did not despise his family for it, after all it was a necessity, as assassins secrecy was required for them to continue operating within the city. The few outsiders that knew his family`s secrets were certainly not foolish enough to blurt them out, spreading such knowledge often proved to be lethal to those who could not hold their tongues. Biagio walked along the dark red coloured corridor until he arrived to his room, upon entering he tossed his worn jacket aside and sat on his clean sheated bed. He gazed at clothes reserved for him laying upon his bed, it sure was nice to be wealthy and have servants running about making everything ready.

Even if it was for the sake of appearances.

-------------------

Biagio pushed the living room doors wide open and eyed everyone currently occupying the room, his grandfather, two `brothers` and a sister of his. Compared to the trio, who all shared black hair and tidy clothing, Biagio stood as an exception. Certainly he appeared more civil after a shower, having gathered all of his hair into a ponytail that now barely reached his shoulders and a change of clothes. He wore black pants, a pair of brown leather shoes, a white collar shirt, a red tie that was a bit loose on purpose and a black vest, which he had left open. The old man besides the window gazed at Biagio, who made a slight bow towards the grandmaster of the assassins and received a nod as sign that his arrival was noted. Biagio felt three pair of eyes directing their chilling stares at him as he had apparently interrupted a conversation that they had been having.

"Durante, Lucrezia, Salvatore." The grandmaster adressed each of the trio at a time to turn their attention towards him, away from the arrival. "You know what to do, I leave the rest of the details to you, prove that you are worthy of that trust."

His words were cut by the sound of Biagio`s heel`s hitting a table`s surface as he had taken a seat some feet away from the grandmaster. The trio each made a customary bow and left the room, each at their own phase, the eldest Durante delayed to throw a threatening gaze at Biagio, Lucrezia followed suit, but with an amused smirk on her face and Salvatore simply remained emotionless as he closed the doors behind them. An eerie silence crept into the room as Biagio leaned back in his chair, making his position more comfortable.

"It was Barrow`s was it not?" The old man inquired after a moment of thought, but staring outside from the window before him.

"Just like you deduced, it would appear the hound is still loyal to the hand that fed it." Biagio said with boredom reflected on his face. "Oh and there was a rather unsawory lady, who stormed in throwing all kinds of threats and accusations. Minerva Black and her Vipers took the courtesy of informing us of what might happen. If you ask me, she`s all talk with things as they are. A dog without a bite, but her bark left room for improvement as well." Biagio said with a hint of amusement at his own witty remark.

"I see, I need not know the details nor should anyone else, but if something does come up you will report directly to me as soon as possible.... what about the one`s you are to accompany?.... are they going to cause trouble?"

Grandmaster continued his inquiry after weighing Biagio`s words and their meaning, he already knew Barrows was on the move, but acting on his own or under someone elses orders, he had not known. The name Falco was feared even by the grandmaster and he was glad that he had been able to place someone to keep an eye on Barrows or whomever was about to carry out his dirty work.

"Henchmen, that is what they are, thieves, gangsters and an assassin besides myself. I would not fret over them too much, they are no doubt acting under their superiors orders just like I am." Biagio said with a flat tone as he thought about everyone else on the team, knowing that each of them had their own agendas, others wanted power and others were simply in it for the money.

"An assassin? What`s this persons name? Describe." The Grandmaster asked, seemingly a bit disturbed as he had immense knowledge about every assassin network within the city.

"Nathaniel Vera was it?.... happens to be missing a right arm... doesn`t speak very much on her competence and there was something quite odd about him... not that I`d normally care, but he seemed a little off..." Biagio muttered as he was quite unsure what to make of these questions. He leaned forwards in his chair and smirked as he had come to a wild conclusion of what the Grandmaster was worrying over.

"You think someone`s trying to sabotage this whole plot before it even begins? By killing Barrows or someone else." Biagio inquired.

The Grandmaster of the Vicante assassins family, Leone Vicante simply chuckled a bit at his grandsons inquiry.

"Something like that."

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 1 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #58

State Alchemist (Major)

Silently, Nathaniel dragged herself up the staircase to her current room at the inn, feeling positively exhausted. She was never a 'people' person, and she was never very good at explaining her ideals to others. To do either of those things was a task in and of itself. Opening the door to her room, she was greeted by a pair of familiar faces; a beautiful young blonde girl, taller than herself, and a slightly older blond man whose eyes were missing and whose face was scarred to make it seem as though he was weeping.

"Monsieur! Welcome back!" The girl instantly greeted her with cheer, her brilliant green eyes firm on her employer. "How was the meeting?"

"Great. I didn't understand a damn thing they said," she snarled, sitting beside the man, who remained still until he spoke.

"Perhaps you should pay better attention to what people say, sir?" he suggested.

The androgynous girl frowned a bit. "Pardon my manners, Gabriel, but what was it that got your eyes forcibly torn from your head again?"

The man lowered his head. "We have all made mistakes."

"Ah, well, remember Gabriel, Monsieur is not accustomed to be... how is it? Working with others?" Who else but the girl to be a mediator between them?

"I'm only saying that it would be best for her to actually immerse herself in conversation..."

And of course, Nathaniel didn't even bother to get into the conversation with her subordinates. After all, they were her subordinates; why bother even trying to understand what they said? Their words only jumbled up and mixed together to create their own versions of the truth in her head.

Suddenly, she remembered something. "Ah. Sara, have I gotten any letters?" She turned to the girl, who seemed to be in a heated debate with the man.

The girl blushed lightly. "Ah... forgive me, Monsieur. I received one from Chevalier earlier in the evening. I seem to have forgotten."

"It is fine." She paused. "He didn't come by in person, did he?"

"Non, Monsieur," the girl replied sadly, handing her employer a letter.

Nathaniel furrowed her brow, ripping open the envelope the letter was hidden in, impatient to read it.

"Beloved Nathaniel,

I count the days until I can see you again
, psh, as it has been so many years since we last met. As I have explained in my previous letters, I am still busy at work outside of the continent. However, this work will soon come to an end, and I will be moving back; although, I would greatly prefer that you abandon your life of crime. My heart cannot bear to know that any moment of any day, I could lose you. I've almost lost you once already, I would not want to lose you again.

Forever Yours, Cieran.

"That dumb son of a..." She growled, crumpling up the letter and throwing it into the fireplace nearby.

"Ah, Monsieur... I thought that Chevalier's feelings for you were quite beautiful..." Sara cooed, looking at the burning paper with sadness.

"If he cared so much for me, would he not have stayed?" She inquired, seeming annoyed. "I've already explained to him why I cannot let Lilith go to waste. If he can't understand that, he can stay outside of the continent as long as he wants. I'll never join him if he refuses to see things my way."

Both of her subordinates were silent. They knew well enough that when she wanted to be, Nathaniel could be quite a cruel, cold woman. Certainly, she seemed quite fit to run a family like Lilith; it was, when it was thriving, actually a fierce and ruthless force able to be compared with any other major family. But perhaps the downside to her was that she decided not to show her soft side, either.

"I'm going to sleep. Wake me an hour before noon." She said bluntly, stomping over to her bed and simply collapsing on it, hardly even bothering to change her clothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 1 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #59

Alchemists

A smooth jazz floated in the air as the ice chimed in the glasses. Even when bars were usually the core for fights, hits
and "accidents" this bar was engulfed in a strange sense of quiet and the closest thing Scalvia could get to peace.
"The Pit" -in a complete irony to it's name- was a neutral bar, one of the few places were gangsters, thieves,
assasins, mercenaries and all the creatures of the underworld could gather without someone getting killed. The bar was
built for a single purpose...to get as much info as possible from all parts of the city...and this was impossible if every
time you tried to talk with someone you usually ended with a 9mm buried in your neck, but with some expensive
alcohol and 2 simple rules the bar and it's purpose boomed in no time, making "The Pit" one of the best bars in Scalvia.

But the "big affair" going on that day wasnt happening in the tables, nor the bar, it was infact happening behind the
kitchen in a big old office were Sinclair Raze aka. "The King Of Thieves" sat on his favorite leather chair playing an old guitar infront of Fuchsia and Ashes, his "godchildren"
"Two assasins, a mob boss....and a dead man's testament" He mumbled as he plucked random cords seemingly lost in his thoughts
"So....why after 3 months of robbing, swindling and conning without telling me anything do you guys come here and ask me for my permission to use the Thieves Guild as a shield?" He asked innocently
"Well...we need a solid argument...we cant base a full con on lies" Fuccsia said
Sin laughed happily putting the guitar down "My oh my....you are on the way of becoming the best lier ever Dancer Girl...I almost bought that for a second" He said but before she could complain he was already talking "But...I AM going to help you guys in this...you might have your motives, the ones I wont judge....the part where I enter is that I'm pretty sure we share one of those reasons....right??" He asked as in the same second smirks flashed in the tricksters faces
"....good" Sin whispered as the tricksters got ready to leave
"Just one more thing....these..."characters"...what will you do about them?" He asked as they stopped
"We'll take good care of them" Fuccsia said before they walked out of the room.
Sin chuckled softly as got up and walked toward the window "I cant wait to see those last aces under your sleeve Falco" He whispered looking pretty amused.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 5 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #60

Alchemists

The next day Blake wandered into the city, moving across dark alleys as per his custom, and was about to arrive to the warehouse at the docks at bit ahead of schedule. He had chosen to keep on the clothes he had received at the estate, in addition donned a black suit jacket, which he kept open to give a less formal impression, that was also left for him in his room. He stopped at certain intervals in order to check whether he was being tailed or not, he for one had no shred of trust towards the security of their estate nor his family members. Darting from one alley to another, Blake finally arrived at his appointed destination and shoved the door wide open.

As expect he was the first, the others did not seem as eager to handle their challenge as he was or at least they did not show it. He checked the rooms for intruders and anyone, who might have slipped inside as these kind of abandoned places usually served as a refuge to the homeless and unwanted. After a thorough scan of the building he concluded it was hardly safe and it was curious that it had not been infiltrated, which might have meant that it had been in recent use tough it did have quite a lot of dust on it.

Whatever the case, Blake made his way to the room where they were supposed to gather and sat down into the far corner of the room, leaning the back of the chair against the wall with a knife ready to spring from his sleeve at anyone he did not recognize as permitted to enter the room. As he eyed the room, he could not help, but think about his `comrades` as he would have to suffer their intolerable banter until their whole task was done and by the looks of it completing their it would take quite a while lest they failed early on.

The two thieves, Fuchsia and Noah, were no doubt inseperable and worked as one. They were after money no doubt and when it came to money in Scalvia, death or betrayal were a small attrocities to perform as long as they would not suffer. These two were not to be trusted from the beginning and they would be the first to bail should an unpleasant situation arise. Then there was the clown, factor x in this equasion, completely unpredictable and thus first to be eliminated, if the groups security was compromised. King seemed like a level headed fellow and might actually be bearable to work with, even trusted a bit, but only as long as he was kept at arms length. Last, but not least the other assassin, of whom he had no knowledge and who most of all worried Blake. His grandfather had been rather curious about that fellow, maybe because another organization of assasssin migh try to undermine their efforts here, but Blake smelled a rat. There was more to that fellow than what he had figured thus far, something that involved his family and Blake was determined, partially out of curiousity and paranoia, to find out what that something was.

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 07:01 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css