Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
The Mad Bomber
post Sep 27 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #391

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Blake eyed her with a certain degree of suspicion and animosity as, if trying to make out whether she was throwing a facade or whether her emotion was real. There was no telling what tone of voice, words or even facial expressions were real with these two, with these serpents. He suddenly scratched his chin with a pondering expression on his face as, if he was surprised by her sudden reaction.

"That`s curious, looks like you do not know the first thing about my family, but no matter I shall englighten you... From an early age my kind are subject to the harshest of training regime`s. They beat it everything into you unless you excel in training, naturally this causes natural fallout, a selection, if you will. The truly weak are culled from the very beginning and the rest advance to the next stage, where the they are subjected to various psychological games.

I need not say that where there is some kind of performance, there is competition and the success of others breeds envy. Envy, which drive the trainee`s to plot against one another. Whatever form those plots might take, from humiliations to outright assassinations of the competition, as long as you are not caught in the act your status will be elevated. The trainers would find out and silently praise those, who were succesful, whilst the remaining trainee`s were left to seed out the aggressor in their midst, if that actually bothered them at all."

His voice tinged with sarcasm and an amused smirk appeared on his face as he described the events with complete ease, knowing that albeit they had surely had rough childhoods they would not be as twisted as his. The streets produced survivors, not killers, but then again what did he know about the two save for their mysterious link to Vino? Too many signs, too many things that made him cringe at the very existence of the duo. It seemed as, if they did not exist to anyone else save him and Vino. Surely there had to be others, who knew them, enemies and friends, yet these two seemed to laugh in the face of danger, and at Vino`s for that matter.

"Yet what, if that in itself was not enough? Even when you are ready and sent on your first mission, you know that you could never rise above your current station due to events, that you had no power over? Run? You`ll die. Fight them all? That would be lunacy. Betray them and hope that you`ll find a new home with some other gang? They would hound your steps for the rest of your life. There is no escape for some of us, not every has the luxury of turning around and fleeing from this bloody mess.

Some of us have nothing outside it nor a chance to exist outside it, get it? So do not preach to me about freedom because in my world there is no such thing. I never once thought myself better than you, I simply thought that our worlds are not the same and in your world my existence would be quite unfathomable."

He said as he leaned closer to Fuchsia with a knowing smirk on his face as, if he had somehow outmanouvered them yet he suddenly drew back, glaring at Lloyd with a sour expression on his face.

"Let`s get moving, those hosts of ours aren`t going to kill themselves."

Blake pointed out, avoiding facing Fuchsia, hoping to avoid a full blown retbuttal and debate with the trickster.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Sep 30 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #392

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

(I'm alive!!! Sorry everybody, my life and country are currently a mess DX)

Roxanne rolled her eyes as she scoffed softly, not even bothering in hiding her annoyance at his story -which she quickly defined as a sob one-. "Well you know what they say...some of us deal with our pathetic existence by stealing and cheating...others just prefer to drown in their own ridiculous misery" She whispered, the calm smirk in her lips being a total contrast to the hate burning in her eyes.
"The entrance to the sewers..." Noah announced softly -playing dumb at the comments flying back and forth- as he signaled a dirty alley between to close-to-collapsing buildings.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Oct 2 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #393

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Lloyd looked back at Blake, as though trying to figure something out. He wanted to say that he was impressed; Lloyd would certainly have been weeded out by that process in no time, or say that he thought it was interesting, or say something that was different from his usual thoughtless outbursts. But instead, he simply joked with a sarcastic smirk on his face,

"So that's how you lost your sense of humor, hm? It's not healthy to be so serious all the time. You know, some people believe that laughter is good for you. Try it sometime."

Lloyd knew his comments would not be received by Blake with amusement. But Lloyd had become a more talkative person, and was even more talkative at the moment, since he was no longer intimidated by Blake as he was four years ago, and perhaps he -always searching for ways to entertain himself- was now trying to toy with the assassin's very limited patience.

He stepped out of the car and looked far off toward the horizon, as though he hadn't yet noticed the condition of the city. He spoke as though he was talking to himself:

"This city has gotten bad. Not like it was a pretty place when I was a kid... but back then, it was a quiet chaos. You could have ignored it if you tried. But now you can hear and see it everywhere...There's no getting around it..." After he was done speaking, however, he let out a "hm", and he was no longer bothered by this fact as he focused on the goal ahead of him.

"Alright. Right there?" He started toward the alley quickly, though warily checking his surroundings as he did so. "Which way are we going?" he asked before heading down into the sewers, still looking around, his hand in his jacket, as though expecting someone or something to burst out of the shadows or from the dilapidated buildings.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Oct 13 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #394

Alchemists

(RPG is dying!!! T-T)
Ashes calmly stepped forward, and then kicked open a nearby and old looking manhole cover. "This way....guests first" He stated happily as he moved aside so that Lloyd and Blake could go down "Here" Roxanne said calmly as she handed them a lamp

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 31 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #395

Alchemists

(I am posting this to see, whether you guys still have interest in this rp, frankly I can`t imagine why this one stopped. Maybe we hit a stale spot so I`ll speed things along.)

The group made their way with relative silence among them as they approached the mansion from underground, once directly below their target Blake moved to examined the walls and ran his fingers across the rocky surface, searching for something. When his hand suddenly disappeared out of sight, the assassin knew he had found what he had been looking for and grabbed onto the lever, which in turn set into motion a door, which unveiled an entrance to a dusty cellar. The assassin did not spare a glance towards his `comrades` and slipped into the cellar leading them into the mansion. Once inside he sneaked over to the stairs and the door, that awaited them at the end of those steps. He quietly pressed himself against the door and listened to the sounds from the other side.

Footsteps passed them by and Blake peeked out of the door, he saw a corridor with a guard walking away from them. He looked around to make sure no one could see him and sneaked after the man, who had no clue of the silent dead approaching him. With the fling of Blake`s wrist a knife flashed in the dark and pierced the man`s neck, sticking out of the throat. As the man`s eyes rolled back in shock, Blake was there to catch his fall and placed him sitting against the wall while recovering his knife. Blake turned to look at the others and kept the volume of his voice down to a whisper.

"We clear out the guards first, silently and then we go through this place, top to bottom."

He said, albeit he hardly expected these fools to be listening to anything he had to say. He stared at them with icy calm despite having just extinguished a human life like a candle and with such ease, that a normal person would have found it unsettling.

-----------

Jackson and Meyer stood side by side, glancing anxiously at everyone present in the room as Cromwell sat in the stairway flipping his gun about like some gunslinger, which he clearly was not. There had been a split, half of the people under Cromwell`s employ had split, marginally weakening the faction, but for some reason that did not seem to bother Cromwell at all. The duo glanced at others before Jackson, as the second in charge of overall operations succumbed to break the anxious athmosphere.

"What are you planning Albast?" Jackson demanded to know with a tinge of anger in his voice over what had happened before and to drive the point home, addressing Cromwell by his given name. The smuggler boss however seemed to be expecting a demand for an explenation and slid his revolver in it`s place on his belt.

"Quite simple, we needed to clean house, but then again... it`s not just this house that has been rotten. This entire city is going to hell in a handbasket, in short business is no longer viable. I want every warehouse cleared of merchandise, packed onto The Bleeding Quill, which stands in the harbour waiting to leave. Everyone here, along with their families, is welcome to join me as I leave this rotting hell hole to it`s long deserved fate. Also I have a special mission for your boys Meyer...."

"What`s that supposed to mean exactly, what aren`t you telling us?" Meyer stepped in, clearly disturbed by all this talk of departing. It was insanity, the operation here was worth a fortune, why abandon it when it could be at it`s most lucrative?

"Well let`s just say, that this city has had several visitors as of late and they have been watching, very keenly I might add. Reporting everything back to their superiors and boy, those old farts are jumping onto the walls right about now." Cromwell said cryptically, but hinted at an outside influence, that would have an impact on this war.

Cromwell straightened himself and brushed his clothes with a oddly cheerful expression when one would have expected him to be swimming in a sea of despair. Jackson seemingly understood, that Cromwell`s confidence was not unprofound, but Meyer remained suspicius as Jackson left to distribute orders. Cromwell glanced at Meyer with a smirk on his face, they were going to prepare this city a parting gift, one that it would not soon forget. Also Cromwell would have to close one outstanding issue, Barrows and what he truly wanted from him. He was going to set up a meeting and without a doubt more than one uninvited guest was going to crash the party, the more the merrier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Apr 2 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #396

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

((Sure, I'm game.))

Lloyd was less than pleased when he heard that he had to exert energy with taking out guards and such nonsense. It seemed his eager attitude faded immediately, and finally replied, "Ugh, fine."

He fished in his coat pockets for his switchblade as if he wasn't even sure if it was on his person at the moment. He did find it, though, and started down the hall once the coast seemed clear, moving as carefully as possible; but he was still myabe a little too hasty with his movements, even going to far as trying to push ahead of Blake, wanting to get this part over with.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 3 2011, 07:24 AM
Post #397

Alchemists

(anyone your characters can crack the safe... it can contain whatever you want, IŽll add to your post)

All tough it was neither easy or quick, the group moved throughout the mansion carving their path through the guards with darkness as their ally against the unsuspecting guards. Blake made his way through the main lobby and upstairs, silencing a few guards on his way up and was granted the easy task of killing five guards stationed there in their sleep. Blake stared blankly as the last of them bled a silent death before him and slid his knife into his sleeve. It was quick and clean, the targets did not even have a chance to scream, as it should be. Blake turned his attention to the hallway and walked through it to reach an empty office, which seemed to the place where Barrows had frequently worked on matters.

The office was luxuriously furnished and lacked no power in intimidating the weak minded as there was, but one chair in the middle of the room before the desk of Barrows. The walls were covered in bookshelves, a sofa and a safe, which caught Blake`s attention immidiately. He was no expert with these contraptions, luckily most of the people he came here with were perhaps too experienced in dealing with saves. Blake beckoned his `comrades` to the office and guided one of them to the safe. He simply hoped, that the rest of them had taken the opportunity and started to strip the place of valuables as there might be guards outside guarding the premises.

Time was of the essence and they needed to be out by the time the guards came back because, if people outside found out about the infiltration there would be a summon for reinforcements.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Apr 3 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #398

Alchemists

(The RPG is alive again!!! XDXD)
For some reason, Roxanne and Ashes just focused on following Blake and Lloyd...but as they walked into the office and saw the safe, the thieves seemed to come back to life as they instantly planted themselfs infront of it.
"You know...I'm no expert, but it just seems dumb to leave the "super-secret-safe" at everybody's sight" Roxanne mumbled sarcastically as she ran her fingers along the edges of the safe, checking it for any type of booby traps. "Too dumb.." She whispered in bewilderement to herself, before she pressed her ear against the safe, started rotating the dial in quick movements, and then smirked in victory as the classic clicking sound of the lock being opened broke the silence in the room. Roxanne gave them another look before she opened the safe...

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 3 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #399

Alchemists

What lied inside was what one might expect, money and small valuables, but frankly Blake had to admit that he agreed with Fuchsia`s assesment of the safe. It was out in the open, no attempt to cover it`s existence and apparently laughably easy to open. Blake snorted as he saw the contents and seemed immidiately disinterested as he turned to glance around the room, assessing his surroundings.

"That can`t be all..."

He muttered out loud, hinting that he thought this safe was merely a hoax in case anyone ever made it this far and tried to steal from Barrows. Barrows was a lawyer after all, everything about his profession was lies and deception. So why should he act any differently when hoardinghis truly valuable items and Blake had it on good authority, that there was something vital hidden within the walls of this mansion, he had failed to mention it to the others, but he frankly thought they would not even care as long as their hands were filled with cash and jewels. Such shallowness would have made him gringe, if he were not in the same room with his `comrades`.

Blake turned to the bookselves and began rummaging through them, looking for something else.

(your characters can find another safe, being the experts on the matter)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Apr 3 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #400

Alchemists

The small valuables and the money (plus the fact it was proved she was right) quickly got a smirk in Roxanne's lips. "So..." Noah said, as he gave the room a quick inspection "Where do we start?" He asked. Roxanne didnt answer as she started walking around, running her fingers through anything that crossed her path, but just as she was about to stop, her eyes lingered infront of an old painting hanging in the left corner of the room. "No way....that's too classic" Noah mumbled skeptically "Exactly...it's perfect" Fuchsia said, as in almost in perfect synch they both reached the painting and took it down...but just as Noah had said there was nothing behind it.
"Hey Blake...how big is that thing we're looking for?" Fuchsia mumbled as she frowned softly. "What's your point?" Noah asked as he crouched next to her "Well, either Barrow has a tacky taste or this thing is way to big" She said, as in a movement that lacked any ceremony, she ripped the fabric in the back part of the painting, revealing a small safe attached to it: relatively thin in it's width, but large in it's height. "Covered in lead to muffle the sound of the locks and probably attatched to an alarm system" Noah mumbled as he looked at the small safe in amusment "You gotta be honest and admit that's a slick job" He said. "Yeah, but it's not enough" Fuchsia mumbled as she started rotating the dials again, this time it took a few more seconds but the safe was open in no time.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 8 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #401

Alchemists

As the safe door swung open Blake brushed past Fuchsia to glance inside and immidiately grabbed onto the contents of the safe. From within he drew a bundle of envelopes, each containing a letter, leaving the other valuables untouched inside. Out of all the contents, a sizeable amount of cash, papers of ownership, contracts and jewel the size of an egg, Blake charged for the bundle of envelopes held within. He frivolously ripped one of them open and hurried over to the window to see in the moonlight. He read the letter intently with a serious expression shadowing his face and as he read that first letter, the whole severity of the situation thrust upon Scalvia began to unfold before his very eyes. At first was about to curse out loud and shred the letter, but held his his hands and his tongue before taking a quick glance at the other letters.

He ignored the others for a moment, but felt their stares and coughed out loud before reciting the end of the letter. His mouth was fry and his trembled a bit as he began, feeling somehow nervous by the revelation in his hand. Truth be told it felt like a ton of bricks had just fell on top of him as he had first read the letter, that oppresing feeling that nothing was going to be all right still weighed heavily on him. In a long time, he was nervous, about this letter and everything it indicated.

".... In the event you are unable to bring this smuggler into the fold, I won`t be able to stop the more extreme elements of our goverment from employing a more direct course of action in stopping these shipments and taking care of the filth, that plague the citizen`s of Scalvia. It is scandalous to even think of the state of decadence, that Scalvia has sunk into and now mobsters are being supplied with military grade weaponry. What this Cromwell is doing is treason, a revolt, it`s madness to think he could get away with stealing from the army.

You have a month to find this man and seize control of the weapon supply to calm show convince the nay sayers that direct action is unnecessary, if not, then there will be no stopping General Bremmer from taking direct action within the city. In the worst case scenario, should outright war break out in the city, I wish you the best of luck, god knows that the armed forces won`t show any mercy, if they are given the chance to exercise martial law upon the city.

Sincerely

Matthias Cosimo....."

If one in the room dared to claim they did not know, that name, Blake would kill them outright where they stood. Matthias Cosimo, was, of course, the country`s defense minister and the other man mentioned in the letter, General Bremmer a high ranking war hero in the army, who had rather contriversial views about how the country should be run. Blake grinned widely and began tapping the folded letter against his forehead.

"Now correct me, if I am wrong, but does this actually sound to me, that all along Barrows has been attempting to save this city from being plunged straight into hell? Not that it isn`t there already, but... you add the armed forces rolling through the streets...."

Blake added with a hint of shock in his voice and for once in his life, he felt like he wanted to get out of the city as fast as possible and hide somewhere far away. He would have never thought, that Cromwell had been directedly stealing from the armed forces, not to mention that the army was willing to attack the city. Yet then again, why not? The city was a warzone already, it`s citizens were caught in the crossfire, the police force were either turncoats or half-dead by now and mobsters were brandishing weapons well beyond their jurisdiction. You add to that, the mention of General Bremmer and the more extreme elements in the goverment and you get the whole picture.

Out there existed people, who wanted this to happen and to them Scalvia would be a milestone in the nations history of when a city grew so decadant, that the army had to interwine to save it`s citizen from the madmen in control. In addition it made Blake wonder why he had been sent to discover these letters because it seemed to him, that the grandfather of assassins would have been better informed about things of such magnitude....

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 02:27 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css