Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
Razzy
post Aug 22 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #376

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

((I drew references for older Lloyd. Whoo~ http://raccoon-chan.deviantart.com/art/4-years-175595732 ))

Lloyd sighed. "Well, once again, you fling these things upon me at the last minute," he said to Blake a half joking manner.

He did wish he knew of these kinds of things earlier. However, he seemed eager to leave as he restlessly tapped his fingers on the table.

He glanced at the two who were going to lead. They were the ones who had been chasing him and Blake through the sewers that one time. He wondered why Blake would choose to cooperate with them now, and the drinks in his system encouraged him to blurt out,

"So why are we all cooperating now? It seemed that we weren't exactly allies last time I saw you two."

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 22 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #377

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Blake picked a bundled note from his pocket and spread it across the table, it was the map of Scalvia with it`s various streets and districts named. Blake placed his finger on the estate on the map and then drew a line to where the piy was, from there on out the tricksters probably had a clue as to where to start their infiltration. Lloyd`s less than amusing comments bothered Blake, but he kept his cool all tough he was going through a few unplesant scenario`s over in his head.

Bashing the thief`s head against the table would be start, but then again he was afraid that Lloyd was not one, who ever understood any lesson through pain. Blake simply glanced over his shoulder at Lloyd with a drop of venom in his voice.

"They weren`t exactly our enemies either and it`s just so happens to be a highly convenient arrangement."

He said before glancing at the tricksters expecting them to take the lead.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 23 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #378

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

The tricksters calmly took a minute to chuckle at Blake's answer before they got back to looking at the map, quickly building different routes. "Well...there are two options..." Roxanne mumbled as she traced them with her finger "The first one is an old sewer that got closed after an explosion above it. Luckily for us, the east part is open and it's 15 minutes away from Barrow's mansion. BUT the place is half destroyed, it's easy to get lost and you pretty much have to have a dying wish to enter there....but it's fast considering it'll take us an hour to get to the mansion from the other route, which has no problems aside from the time and the crooks living down there" She said as she shrughed.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 23 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #379

Alchemists

"I`d rather take the faster route instead of the one infested by low lives, who might tip Barrow`s off about what we have been up to. Unless any of you prefer to slaughter every scum, that inhabits those parts of the sewers?"

Blake inquired with an eyebrow raised, but he hardly serious all tough his smug expression did not match what he was saying. Blake rolled the map before handing it over to the tricksters and got up from his chair, glancing at Lloyd with a sneer on his face.

"This time around I am NOT your babysitter."

He warned Lloyd before looking at the tricksters with an impatient expression, expecting them to spring up and lead the way. They might as well begin now, if they did not strike that night, they could at least scout out the sewers for a route to the mansion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 26 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #380

Alchemists

"Then old and dangerous it is" Ashes said happily as Roxanne grabbed the map and he walked toward the counter, where after a few low whispers, the bartender handed him a big box. Fuchsia opened the door for him and they walked to the parked car, not even bothering in turning around to see if Blake and Lloyd were following.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 30 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #381

Lloyd followed the tricksters outside. But he soon wandered from the group as he walked over to his own car, which wasn’t too far away. Without opening the door, he simply leaned into one of the open windows (which, due to some level of laziness, were always open) in the back. He pulled out the pistol he kept under the front seat and shoved it into his jacket.

He looked around briefly and thought that his car might be stolen or broken while he was gone. Then he really would be homeless, since he had been living in this car for the last month and a half. Though, if tonight proved successful, that wouldn’t matter. He shrugged to himself and walked back to join the others.

“I want front,” he said simply, and opened he door and slipped into the passenger seat.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 30 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #382

Alchemists

Blake followed the tricksters outside, staying particularly alert as they exited the bar and looked around at his surroundings. As much as he wanted to admit, that he needed these people, he didn`t, couldn`t trust them. These two, shady as they were, had some sort of past with Vino and in addition they were a bit of a freaks, who did not seem to bear any regard to any rules anyone had ever laid out.

They seemed to have been all around the sewers, but as far as most people knew, the sewers were only treaded by the homeless and Cromwell`s gang. Anyone, who ever tried to invade the sewers seemed to end up dead by Cromwell`s gang. These guys knew uncomfortably well the sewer system, either they were simply skilled enough to avoid Cromwell`s gang or they had made some kind of deal with him, perhaps?

"So I imagine you`ve scoured the sewers quite thouroughly during your career?"

Blake inquired with a grin on his face as, if expecting the shadows around them to come alive and attack them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 30 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #383

Alchemists

"Well, we procure unique items for a select clientčle...so yes, this is a MUST in our field of work" Roxanne said as she smirked lightly, swiftly avoiding the core of the question. "The entrance to the sewers is just a few blocks away, it'll take us 5 minutes" Ashes said as he put the box in the trunk and handed Roxanne the keys "Let's go" The girl said as she got in the driver's seat.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 6 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #384

“Sewers again? Jesus,” Lloyd blurted out. He really had nothing to contribute to the conversation other than what random remarks were on his mind. “What is with you people and sewers?”

The sewers weren’t Lloyd’s favorite place to be, and couldn’t help but complain, even though he knew it wouldn’t change anyone else’s mind. Though Lloyd was sure Blake was ready to beat the living daylights out of him anyway. But then again, he didn’t care; when didn’t the assassin show hostility towards him?

“The only time I’ve ever snuck around in the sewers is when I’ve worked with you. I’ve always managed to do every one of my jobs without going down there,” he continued, not sounding annoyed, but rather amused. Then he paused, and spoke to himself -since it seemed as though no one cared to listen to him anyway, and he seemed to be talking just for the sake of talking- “...Though I guess I don’t have a choice.”

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Sep 6 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #385

Alchemists

This time it was Fuchsia's turn to give Lloyd an amused smirk "Who wants the labor pains when you can just have the baby?" She stated theatrically before she started the engine. Ashes turned around toward Blake and Lloyd "So...before we head out toward possible suicide...just one thing: basically, we enter, we steal, we create basic mayhem, we get out...then what?" He asked calmly.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 6 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #386

Lloyd grinned at the thought of finally coming across money again. In his mind, he told himself that he was really going to make an attempt to not throw away his money like he had done for the past four years. However, that was highly unlikely, since he did not realize the extent to which his irresponsibility ruled his life, with or without money.

"Then we celebrate with drinks," he declared, completely content and unnerved by whatever danger might be ahead of them; he just saw the prize at the end. Though he didn't really care in the least bit if there was any 'we' business after tonight, so he added with a shrug, "At least, that's what I'm going to do."

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Sep 7 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #387

Alchemists

"So...no commitments right? We go in separate ways" Ashes stated warily as the tricksters exchanged a quick glance. "It sounds good to me" Roxanne agreed happily not even waiting for their answers.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Sep 10 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #388

Alchemists

Blake stopped abruptly with a frown shadowing his face, he seemed to be staring at the rest of them with sheer spite. Truly, he could not come to understand the way these people lived. Everytime he had come across them, they were always after more money and wound up in dangerous situations, but never truly gained anything in return. They only ended up spending their last dime in some dingy bar at the fringes of the city, only to return to the wheel again. They were like rats running in an endless maze, occasionally being rewarded with a bite of nourishment until they were sent off to the chase again. The futility of such an existance escaped Blake in it`s entirety.

"That depends on what you mean by after? After what? After we`ve stolen and killed a bunch of guards, sent Barrows a message, that there is someone after his head?

What are you thinking on doing then? Stick around and try to scrap whatever profit you can as usual? That would be naive, this city`s entire criminal hierarchy is in uphealval and there will be no block or thug left untouched. Run to another city, quit? Maybe you`ll live, but even there you`ll go back to being another rat in the maze. You keep running this circle until what? Death? Imprisonment?

Do none of you realize, that these kind of things never truly come buy, but once in a century and all you want is pocket money?"

Blake asked with clear disbelief in his voice, he hated asking these questions, but he needed these people in order to leave a mark in this city. Not that he did not have other, more reliable people, to fight alongside with yet to them he would always be nought, but a servant and a lapdog.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Sep 10 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #389

Lloyd knew that everything Blake said was the truth. Lloyd could never truly deny his own meager existence. For a second, he was dumbfounded, rather than irritated that Blake once again reminded Lloyd of what he had to live for – which was nothing.

He turned around to face Blake, but he could not answer for a moment. His almost looked hurt. As much as Lloyd wanted to deny that he had no other life to live besides that of a rat, he could not. He simply answered,

“I... don’t know what I’m going to do. But at least I'll have money.”

He paused and continued, “You may look down upon my way of living- if you could call it living- but I have no other way to live. Money has kept me entertained for the past four years. It's not really a meaningful life, but I have nothing else to look forward to.

I would've already put a gun in my mouth if I thought there was nothing to live for. But money keeps me busy, helps pass the time, and the more time passes, the closer I can get to finding something to live for. Or maybe I won’t find anything. Maybe time will pass until I die. Or get thrown in jail. But that's fine with me.” However, it wasn’t 'fine' with him. Not at all. Even Lloyd knew that living such a life was no way to live. One would think that Lloyd had gotten used to this lifestyle. But he hadn't. Though he realized that he must accept it. Eventually.

The things that Lloyd found money useful for- a car, gambling, drinking- were the things that distracted him from the truths that ate away at his mind each day: that he was a lowly thief with the shattered remains of a conscience, a rat, a pathetic excuse for a human being that nobody cares about.

Blake just reminded Lloyd of all these things that he tried so hard to ignore. So he sighed in frustration and could not help thinking, 'I could really use a drink right now…'

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Sep 14 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #390

Alchemists

"So...I'm just dying to hear it...what are YOU living for Blake?" Roxanne asked bluntly, her voice tainted with cold sarcasm. "Fame? In a city that can backstab you in less than a second and leave you as nothing more than another corpse filled with lead? How exactly are your motives better than ours...how exactly are YOU better than us?" She hissed "Last time I checked, you were nothing more than a gopher! At least we still have the power to decide what we do with this shˇt we call life. Yes, sadly that "power" sells for little and it's pretty much all we have...but, in that inch...we're free" She said, and as the words seemed to loose force, so did the anger in them...till all that remained, was a somber and somehow regretfull expression in her face.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 03:59 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css