Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
Razzy
post Aug 3 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #346

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Lloyd kept heading for the exit, assuming Blake would follow.

Lloyd was usually very good at dodging weapons, though bullets were obviously a different thing entirely. He just kept running forward, though shifting his weight to make sure he wasn't such an easy target.

He knew he shouldn't have looked around, but he took a brief glance anyway. He soon realized that this momentary break in focus was a mistake, when in that split second a bullet nicked him in the back of his right thigh. But his surge of adrenaline was enough to help him ignore the pain, and he recovered without so much as a stumble.

Finally he made it across, and ran through the door at the end.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 4 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #347

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

(Please dont hate me T-T cant think of any other way to get my characters in that dosent involve chaos and explosions -.-U)

Suddenly and pretty much out of the blue, the door was kicked open and the Vipers barged in. In less than a second the bullets flying through the air multiplied by 5, and the chaos by 10. At this point of the story it was clear Vino wanted a slaughter -which wasnt really a surprise- since both the Marcone's and Jarcovs technically were, at a lighter level, her enemies in bussines as well.
In a complete contrast to her employees entrance, Vino calmly waltzed into the room. Totally unaware -and shielded- of the bullets, she raised her arm and pointed an accusing and mocking finger toward Blake and Lloyd...the order was clear and the Vipers got it: no one gets out of here alive.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 6 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #348

-Cut-

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 6 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #349

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Blake used the opportunity, that the Vipers arrival provided him, to spring out of his feeble cover and roll across the remaining distance to the end of the hall. As he reached the doors a bullet graced his left leg sending him tumbling into the corridor beyond, but as soon as he managed to regain his balance an mind-numbing pain pierced his left shoulder as another bullet dug it`s way into his flesh. Blake did not have time to scream as he flung to the floor and was left grinning widely at Lloyd, who stood besides him.

"Bar the doors!"

Blake shouted at Lloyd as he crawled against the wall with his teeth clenched, he was seconds away from either choking the person closest to him or letting out a long string of inappropriate insults to the one`s , who whrought him pain. However due to his training he simply grinned widely and took a minute to catch his breath as the doors provided sufficient cover. Truth be told Blake had been in tight spots before and undergone hellish beatings at the hands of his trainers, but never had he been shot. His self-control told him to get up and continue onwards without another word, but the pain, that gnawed at his shoulder was excruciating to the point as to where he felt, that he needed to retaliate somehow, some way.

"Son of a b*tch!"

Blake shouted in agony and forced himself up, leaning against the wall before starting to procceed along the corridor. They were only a short distance away from the exit, but even then they needed to get out of the perimiter of the compound. Blake violently swung a door open and entered a small bedroom with a window, he leaned against the wall and peered out of the window.

Just as he had been promised, a way out. Outside was a hole into the sewers and their escape route, but it was being guarded by a Marcone soldier and no doubt there was another one below. To make things even worse Blake was in no condition to fight at close range and his throwing would severely limited, every single movement brought wrecking pain to his shoulder and the constant grinning was the only thing he could do to numb the pain. He had nothing to treat the wound with nor had they the time to do so, Blake glanced at Lloyd with narrowed eyes filled with fury.

"You`ll need to take care of that guy and the one waiting below, then we use the sewers to make our escape. I´ll help as much as I can with my knives, but you`ll have to act, first.. Understood?"

Blake asked Lloyd with a hissing tone as he wanted to know, whether the thief was up to it, and if he was not then they both might end up dead.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 6 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #350

Lloyd immediately got around to kicking over a drawer with the leg that wasn't bleeding, and shoving it in front of the doors. His other leg was shaking from the weight he was putting on it, though it wasn't too bad compared to Blake's injuries.

"Yeah, I got it," Lloyd answered. He always was a person who became more confident as a situation got desperate. And upon seeing Blake's injuries, Lloyd realized that he couldn't have Blake covering his pathetic a*s anymore, so he had no choice but to do whatever he was told, even if he had to kill someone.

Although he was not an assassin like Blake, Lloyd could easily sneak up to the guard and stab him. But at that moment, he wished for a gun and sighed in frustration.

"I got it," he said again as he pulled his switchblade out. He slunk out of the window, and quickly crept up behind the guard. In an instant, he had shoved the knife in his back, and swept his foot under the guard's legs, tripping him. Once the guard had fallen, Lloyd pulled the knife out and drove it into the man's back again.

His actions were sloppy, but he got it done. He was slightly disturbed by what he had just done, but he had to put his thoughts aside for now.

Lloyd knew that the guard below probably heard the ruckus above him, and he backed away before he prepared to go after the second guard.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 6 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #351

Alchemists

The guard below reacted to the voices above, at first he warily shouted at his fallen comrade to check up on the situation above yet as no answer was returned the man decided to investigate. Slowly the guard ascended the ladder, his gun ready in his right hand.

Meanwhile Blake slowly climbed out of the window and dropped on the pavement, leaving a trail of blood in his wake as the wound on his shoulder painted his back dark red. He grinned as he knelt by the hole, but did not look inside as he heard someone coming up. Blake was still out of sight, but knew that it would be a matter of few seconds before the guard would ascend the ladder.

Blake clenched his teeth and squeezed the dagger in his hand before suddenly throwing it into the hole. The guard was dead before his neck connected with the ground, resounding with a sickening crunch as Blake glanced at Lloyd with an exhausted expression. He was slightly relieved, but knew that relaxing now was suicidal, there was no telling what or who they might face down there.

There could be more guards down in the sewers, which would not bode well for their escape efforts. Blake stared at Lloyd expecting him to descend first and check the safety of their escape route.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 6 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #352

Lloyd looked at Blake, then down into the hole. If there were any more guards nearby, then he figured they would have already come to check on the guard who had just fallen from the ladder. That thought made him feel slightly better, but he guessed he didn't have a choice in the matter either way, so Lloyd started down the ladder.

Pain shot through his right leg and it buckled underneath him when he landed on the floor, making him fall to his knees. He muttered a curse as he got up and looked around.

It was dark below, though there were lights on the walls. Although there was no one around, he could hear muddled noises echoing from his left. He figured it was best to assume the sources of the noises were guards.

He looked up at Blake and pointed left. "I hear something," Lloyd said quietly, but loud enough to be heard by Blake.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 6 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #353

Alchemists

(I'll give Vino a rest before I accidentally get her out of control ^-^U)
A small and annoyed sigh was heard behind them. Vino was standing there, her hand in her hips and and an armed Viper at her side. "Sewers?? I mean, really?! You guys couldnt think of something else?!" She muttered in clear dissapointment "Well, enough of this game already! Hand over those papers and no on..." She started her rant when something else caught her attention: a "subtle" yet efficient diversion. The wall at her side suddenly blew up into -literal- smithereens, sending her and the Viper flying through the air, instantly knocking them out.
"FIRE IN THE HOLE!" A voice yelled in the middle of the smoke as steps came closer and Ashes and Fuchsia appeard. Both of them blinked in surprise when saw Blake and Lloyd "Well, small world! You guys are alive" Ashes mumbled in amusement as they walked over the rubble just to notice unconscious Vino. "Awww shˇt...now she's going to get all annoying psycho when she wakes up" Roxanne shighed as both of them grumbled in frustration just to turn their attention back to the Lloyd and Blake in the exact same second "So...who are you guys running from? Marcone or Jarcovs?" Roxanne asked calmly, almost as if there wasnt more than a dozen of angry mobsters after them.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 7 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #354

Alchemists

Blake glanced venomously at Vino with a dagger in hand, he had no intention of failing now nor relinquishing his prize to someone like Vino. She wouldn`t care about them anyway, but apparently curiosity was one of her various faults that did not seem to brighten the bleak situation they were in. As the wall exploded and Vino, along with her Vipers, was covered by rubble Blake sighed in relief as the tricksters appeared yet there was a certain wariness as he glanced at them.

"Everyone."

He muttered with an exhausted tone and threw a warning glance at Lloyd, hoping that he would be alert around the duo. They were dangerous, no doubt about it, and Blake had heard they were awfully skilled in taking what did not belong to them. Blake looked to his right as they stood in the sewers and began almost running into the darkness, they had not get away as quick as possible.

He hoped Lloyd would keep up and that he himself would stay concious, their salvation was only two blocks away. Lloyd could hand over those documents and receive his payment while Blake could get his wound treated properly, this whole catastrophic afair could be put behind them....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 7 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #355

Lloyd almost laughed when Vino asked (before the sudden explosion knocked her unconscious) for the documents. 'Like hell I'd give them up.' He realized that, besides the money waiting for him at the end, he had gone through too much to have these stupid papers taken away from him.

So he followed Blake through the sewer. Now he was starting to feel the pain in his leg. He could still run, but he stumbled every so often, which annoyed him to no end. He noticed Blake's injuries again and asked with a very nervous laugh, "Hey, you're not going to die, are you?" He attempted to sound half joking and half serious, but he just ended up sounding uneasy.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 7 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #356

Alchemists

The tricksters exchanged a quick understanding glance before they started running as well, not following Lloyd and Blake, just "taking" the same exit.

A small and muffled groan escaped of Vino's lips as she opened her eyes. In a lazy movement she took her hand toward her throbbing head just to drop it again when she felt the warm blood. Her eyes narrowed in anger as she managed to catch sight of 4 blurry figures running away "No f*!@ing way..." She hissed drowsily before falling back into unconsciousness.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 8 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #357

Alchemists

Blake rushed forward with his eyes in a haze, he stumbled a bit before correcting his stance and continuing to advance. At first Blake didn`t even hear Lloyd question, partially because he was more focused on tring to keep running and not fall over in the proccess. After a moment of struggling, he glance over his shoulder at Lloyd with venomous glare.

"Since when did you have time to worry about others when you can`t even save your own hide?"

Blake shot back at him, retaliating with the cold truth that Lloyd hadn`t been much of a help in the battle tough he had been necessary for the operation in the end. After a minute or so, Blake estimated that they had crossed a suitable distance and stopped at a ladder, that would take them back to the street level. Ardously Blake began climbing with his left hand limping as he ascended and pulled himself into the fresh air. On the street he sat down against the wall, breathing heavily and gazing around as, if expecting something to happen.

As soon as he Lloyd managed to climb out of the sewers, they were surrounded by a group of people, all dressed in black and their face covered by hoods. Two of them instantly knelt besides Blake and grabbed him by the shoulders in order to support him, a third approached Lloyd with a large envelope in hand and with his hand extended to receive the documents. Blake glanced warily at Lloyd with a smirk on his face.

"Give him the documents and the reward is yours, the faster the better as no doubt this place will be crawling with cops soon enough..."

Blake said bluntly, expecting Lloyd to comply and seemed to be simply happy about the fact, that his struggle was over.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 8 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #358

Upon hearing Blake’s reply, Lloyd laughed and said, “You know, if I was such a hassle, you could have just taken these papers from me and left me there to die. You could have kept your papers and your money.”

He doubted Blake was still listening to him, but he continued talking with a sarcastic grin on his face. “I don't know why you didn't just do that. Though I’m glad you didn’t. You must truly be a man of integrity, Blake. Hah.”

Then he handed the papers over, and took the envelope.

“And what are you going to do about those two down there?” Lloyd motioned to the sewer. Though he didn’t seem to care about the answer as he idly handled the envelope while staring at it.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 8 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #359

Alchemists

Blake blinked as, if somewhat confused by the question tough he hardly cared about what Lloyd had to say at this point. Blake simply chuckled a bit before grinning widely and seemingly lost conciousness at that point due to the blood loss, which propmted the duo carrying him to start moving Blake to a secure location where he could be treated. Blake disappeared behind the corner, being carried by two hooded figures and the sound an engine starting could be heard soon there after.

"Their work at the compound was unrelated to ours, we have no quarrel with them nor anything to gain by their demise."

The leader of the assassins bluntly pointed out to Lloyd as he grabbed the papers and check their contents, more importantly he flipped through the ledger and knowing smile arose to the man`s shadowed face. He slammed the documents and the ledger against the chest of his subordinate, who immidiately left the scene to deliver the documents to someone. The group silently slipped away from the scene, but the leader remained, staring at Lloyd with an evaluating face.

He hardly imagined that Lloyd would have made it out alone and suspected that had Blake not received that bullet then it would have been Lloyd.

"You are lucky man, Blake actually decided to let you live, mind you he has no quarrel about killing anyone.... not even his own comrades. Yet do not think that you can speak a word of this to anyone, a word from you and the next time we meet, it`ll be you dying at my feet."

The leader promised with hissing tone before chuckling at the thought, but seemed to regain his composture and simply walked away without another word. As quickly as they had appeared, the assassins were gone and out of sight, but hopefully not out of mind for Lloyd.

------------

The assassins carrying the documents climbed the stairs, he was breathing heavily, having ran out of the alley and made his way up to the roof of a nearby building, that offered a view of the compound. As he arrived to the roof he witnessed a young man standing at the edge of the roof with binoculars in hand, chuckling like a maniac at something, which he found highly amusing. Near the young man, on the edge, sat an old man dressed in a suit and leaning on a finely-crafted cane.

Cromwell did not even notice the assassin approach as he was having the time of his life, he had seen the tricksters pull one over Vino, yet again and leaving her in the rubble while the two mafia families were tearing each others apart. Apparently the documents had distracted Vino and contributed to her defeat, but the only question was whether Bradigan was still alive. He could be dead already, or he might be alive in the base as Blake had not witnessed him escape through the gate as it was the only way out for him.

Leon, the grandmaster of the Vicante assassin family took the ledger and documents as they were offered to him. Leon eyed the documents and gave the assassin permission to leave. Cromwell finally seemed to notice the arrival of the documents and his chuckle died out, but he still couldn`t help, but keep smiling.

"This is what you wanted?" Leon inquired with a raspy tone, there was doubt in the old assassins voice as he did not seem convinced of the value of the documents.

"Yeah" Cromwell comfirmed with a smile on his face.

"Rather inadequate considering that most of the law enforcement in the city is corrupt, not to mention the judges with whom Barrows has a strong pact with..." Leon reasoned with a voice, that almost sounded as, if he pitied Cromwell.

"True, but still this kind of thing could hurt them big time... yet that is not what I want. I`ll put this away for the time being, no one needs to know that I possess these and... well... let`s just say these will see the light of day when Barrows is at his most vounerable..."

Cromwell said with a quirky smile, tough the meaning escaped Leon, the old assassin seemed amused and bursted into a chuckle that was drowned by the sirens of police cars arriving at the compound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 8 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #360

Lloyd watched in silence as the hooded men left with Blake.

He tucked the envelope away into his shirt. He wondered what he would do after tonight. Of course he had the money, but he wondered if his life would go back to being dull. He really hoped not.

"Been a pleasure working with you," he muttered with an amused laugh, but he meant it. That night was the probably the most memorable of his dull life.

When Lloyd heard the sirens he crept into the shadows and headed home.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 03:41 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css