Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
DNA
post Dec 30 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,482

"Frankly Mil'lady, I think that you'd be just as likely, if not more so to betray us, so please go back to your elementary school or whatever and let the big boys handle their own dealings and connections." The Captian told the significantly smaller girl with a sigh. He really hated when people tended to be as obnoxious as she was, especally when he was already a bit testy. As she left he let out a laugh.

"So whose the girl in the pampers?"

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Dec 30 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Suddenly a bullet flied inches away from his ear, Minerva still hadnt left "Watch your words you stupid clown or the second one goes between your eyes and the next time you have something to say...have the guts to say it to my face, I hate to waste my time on cowards" She hissed this time walking away and leaving before he could answer.
"That would be Minerva Black aka. Vino, boss of the Vipers and a vain psycho, after Falco died they took half of the city under their control" Noah said calmly playing with his empty glass of whisky as Roxanne just ignored the clown.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Dec 30 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

"Maybe things are a bit too tense in this meeting..." she stood out from the shadows, observing all the others carefully, and removed her hat. "If you seem to have opened fire against each other... over mere insults."

Silently, she withdrew two sabers and a bayonet from her overcoat, and the overcoat itself which has several small long-range blade hidden within it in case of emergencies, revealing her clearly masculine clothing. It's definitely not a smart thing to do, disarming myself... but if I don't run my mouth off with these people, chances are I'll have a good chance of gaining some confidence among them. After all, if I really want this to work... I need to be smart about it and get as many allies as possible.

"Maybe we should all just do as Mr. Barrows asks, and try not to turn this meeting into a showdown, but instead ally our forces and restore this land to order, no? After all, the idea of making our world something peaceful again is a rather decent one... unless you're all so magnificently fascinated by the carnage this land is ravaged by that you'd much rather live your lives in false glory and decadence..."

She stated, trying to think rationally. After all, Lilith was as well more of a pacifistic family and at one point willingly served under Falco when it was under Gala's command... until of course, it fell even lower, self-destructing itself by turning into nothing but a cheap mafia that sold drugs and prostituted itself in other ways for money, that just happened to be run by women.

It was enough to break her heart. But, if she had to serve falsely under a dead man's orders for a broken dream... so be it.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 30 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #19

Apprentice

"Ooooh, aren't we articulating today. Tell me, did you use the better half of the day learning the words, or do you just have a dictionary on hand?" Chuckled the Captian. "Really, I've never heard anything so rehearsed in my life. That was almost pitiful, and ya know that the last thing a Mob Leader is gonna want us to do is to give peace a chance. The only shooting that was going on was between parties not particually allied with the group, thus has no effect on Barrows. Or at least on 'Vino's' end, thats the case."

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Dec 30 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

"Excuse me for trying to be civilized, clown," she remarked dryly. "Forgive my rudeness, as well as mistaking this 'Vino' for an ally. But to be fair, you did rile her up, and nearly got your head blown off in the process. I think maybe you should keep your trap shut if all you can say is something indecent and insulting."

She scowled and leaned back on the table, intent on keeping her own trap shut during the rest of the meeting; the Captain had riled her up some, and she was really not in much of a position to be acting angry in anyway. She did understand that it was quite hypocritical of her to be preaching peace, but... it was, no doubt, a dream she and her mother also wanted to achieve. As for the comment on on her way of speaking... well, if she wouldn't speak in a 'proper' manner, she'd just sound like your average thug. This was not the image that she was bent on portraying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 30 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #21

Apprentice

"You really don't get it, do you? If she shot me, then frankly, I can assure you that my gang would personally destroy the little worm. And even if they didn't it would make it harder for her to seize power, or whatever cliche thing she's in the mood for." He said.

"Just sit down and shut up boy. At this point-in-time, you are less than worthless. Your like dirt underneath the dirt thats under my boots." Sid added, with yet another chuckle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Dec 31 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Barrows remained silent as Vino fired her gun and made her empty threats, he knew of her alignment in this matter and cared little of what her group sought to do about the city. She was of no consequense on the long run, an overambitious fool admist the sea of warmongerers and sycophants. Barrows glanced at Noah as he made his statement about Minerva and her Vipers, ignoring the argument taking place between the clown and the boy-girl.

"That statement is both hilarious and absurd Mr. Noah, true enough that is the common word on the streets, but truth is the Vipers are hardly that influential. Those who they claim dominance over don`t actually take orders from them, they simply do it out of appearance while they actually wage war against anyone who dares to trample on them, the Vipers for one.

The reason people claim such things is because the most powerful of the mob families, the Marcone, have claimed half of the city in a similiar manner however these are simply for the sake of appearances. Both sides are caught in a war within and beyond their domains... Now onwards to business then..."

Barrows said and quickly distributed copies of a small file to each of them, the file detailed profile of Albast Cromwell, the most powerful smuggler within the city limits. Blake examined the file quietly and chuckled at a bit at whom was to be their first target, it certainly fit the picture. To a city, which was dominated by war, what better way to gain a stranglehold on it than by taking over the traffic of weapons coming from outside? Every had guns certainly, but there simply weren`t many arms factories in the city to supply the war with enough bullets and other kind of armaments.

"Cromwell is, as you all know, a high profile smuggler who makes his money by supplying the war efforts of different gangs and making a monstrous proffit out of it. However as of late he has run a stroke of bad luck, the Marcone whom he was dealing with found out he was supplying weapons to their rivals the Jarcov.

As you can imagine neither side are pleased by the recent development and Cromwell has been cornered despite his continous trade of arms into the city. He has lost his good graces with both families and has only a few small gangs protecting him, making him an ideal target for us to strike at first. The families need him more than they want to admit and we need him to make things go smoothly for us, your first mission is to capture Cromwell and convince him to strand both families of supplies to keep fighting their wars.

The methods you wish to use are entirely up to you and imagine whatever Cromwell is stocking up would prove useful in taking the fight to our other targets in the future..."

Barrows explained without pause, hoping that everyone followed his explanation so that there wouldn`t be any confusion as to what was their first mission or where to start. He reached into his pocket and placed two keys on the table.

"These should also prove useful, the first key is to the black car waiting outside as a means of transportation and the second is for a warehouse number 82 at the docks, which should serve as a place of gathering and safe shelter for the time being... I shall contact you at appropriate times to hear of your progress, I wish you luck in your endeavors. Now if you excuse me, I must be off, I cannot move without notice in this city and my presence is required elsewhere..."

Barrows said before getting up and putting on his coat that a man, bodyguard presumably, was holding ready for him at the entrance. Barrows turned to gaze at them with a smirk and tipped his dark fedora, that he took it from his bodyguard, at them as a sign of goodbye.

"I leave the rest to you, have fun...."

As the door slammed shut, Blake spun around in his chair and flung a dagger across the room straight into the forehead of the bartender. The man did not even see his death coming and died with an obliviously absent face, falling behind the counter with a crash as he took down some liquor bottles with him. Blake made his way behind the counter to retrieve his dagger and to ensure the man did not have any items that might give them away. Nothing, maybe he was innocent, but that hardly mattered at this point. They simply could not afford to have the man telling anyone of their intentions and the Vipers only knew they were a group, but not of their intentions or first move.

Blake finally got up and stared at the rest of them quietly, with an absent stare in his eyes.

"I suggest we do as Barrows told us to, we have a place to hide, let us gather there to make our plans and then move onto the task at hand."

Blake said with cold tone, awaiting for someone`s approval.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Dec 31 2009, 03:25 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

"I'm in," Nathaniel replied smoothly, ignoring the clown, and hardly fazed by the sudden murder of the bartender. She was desensitized to that sort of thing due to early exposure.

Without turning her back to them, she swiftly picked her things up from the table, and eyed the profile. So, their first mission was to capture a smuggler, huh? Judging by his status, she figured he'd likely be in some isolated hiding place, watched over by several bodyguards, and might even resort to suicide if they succeeded in capturing him. Not a tough a job for her, considering her level of expertise, but she'd have to wait and see over several of them... well, Blake perhaps was at a level closer to hers, maybe higher, maybe lower. Only time would tell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 31 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

"Barrows does seem to have it all worked out for us, now doesn't he? I don't like it." Yawned the Captian. He then reclined in his chair. "So then, What do we got to work with here then? Two thiefs who dragged in the prissiest girl in James Madison High, An androginous teenager who wants to feel abit fancy, and guy wearing an inside-out multi-colored dream coat. Now that I've given you all a sarcastic comment assigned to each of you, perhaps introductions are in order."

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Dec 31 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Roxanne grabbed the keys "I drive" She said clearly not expecting anyone's aproval as she then just jumped behind the counter, grabbed some bottles and throwed them to Noah who put them in a big bag "Always comes in handy" He said as he smirked "So...introductions??? Well, we are the S.A. Mainly thieves, con-artists, swindlers...anything we want and anything that gives us money...and we are also street performers: fortune telling and music" He said as he gave them a mock salute "My name is Roxanne, people call me Fuchsia, this is Anthony my own personal burden" She said as she chuckled softly "Noah or Ashes" He added "As for our abilities...well....you'll soon see" Roxanne said as she smirked.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Dec 31 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

Blake threw an amused glare towards the captain, but had no desire to comment on his sarcasm and hid his knives in their original places within his jacket.

"Biagio Vicante, but for the sake of appearances let us stick to Blake, lest my real name exerts your tongue too much."

He presented himself as he walked from behind the counter, back towards the the table. he glared at the others as one of them still had not presented their idenity. If he were to work with these people he could not afford any mistakes nor to place too much trust in them. They might screw up or worse, seek to further their own momentary gains by taking part in their missions.

Certainly the rewards were already ample enough as they were, but what of the risks? If they succeeded in their first mission they would be angering two powerful mob families, but then again they would at least one card to play in the endless power struggle that the city was entraped in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 31 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

"Blargrio Vermote? Alrighty then, that tells me absolutly nothing, except of the possible I-talian liniege. And even then, thats likely an alias. So tell me Bluargo Vinrote, can you provide anything substaninte about yourself?" Asked the clown as he got up very suddenly, and dashed to the counter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Dec 31 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #28

Alchemists

Blake sighed, clearly displaying his frustration at the clowns antic performance, however he did not wish to be pushed around. Certainly he could be informative about his skills and profession to this dastardly annoyance, why not? He might as well make it very clear as to what might be their fate should they ever cross him or even plan to threaten him in any manner, physical or otherwise. Blake suddenly answered the clowns stare with a polite smile and nodded to him in order to his displaying his willingness to collaborate.

"I can tell you that I have trained all my life in the arts of stealth, poison, persuasion, knives and I have been, on several occasion I might add, praised for my talent of causing people to die excruciatingly slowly. All it requires is a simple stab in the abdomen, first of course one must specify the organ he wishes to disable. Lungs, liver, kidneys etc or simply go for an artery for a preferable amount of blood loss.

If you wish for an immidiate death, then I suggest we target the throat, not even a sound and no one lives with a slit throat for too long, makes breathing rather hard wouldn`t you say? Or we could simply throw one from a distance, as you just now witnessed, the human skull can be a very fragile thing, a knife alone with ample force is enough to penetrate it.

And that is just scrathing the surface, oh I could go, believe me I wish I could go on, but I shall not bore with the details of my work. Ah... yes also, my entire family? Assassins, a real family enterprise. Grandfather, now there is a man who knows how to handle a blade, was kind enough to find the time to pass down his skills to me and off I went, onto a life of joyous elimination of the filth that trample this city`s fine streets....

With my body count scaling up to a hundred after two years of being in the business, here I stand before you, modest and able to serve our `noble cause`. What of you my hilariously pale and painted friend, is there anything substaninte about you, with the exception of your hilarious demeanor?"

Blake explained with a certain eerie fascasination gleaming his eyes and he seemed to enjoy the very idea of killing as, if every kill was a work of art that should not go unnoticed. His words also served as a warning to the clown, the Vicante`s were good at what they did and should he cross them, then he would be the one in trouble. Truth be told, the situation with his family wasn`t all that simply, but any tie that remained was enough to make him an eligible family member.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DNA
post Dec 31 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

And with that, the Captian clapped, a let out a chuckle.

"Alright then Blake. You've impressed me, throughly and utterly. You don't anger as easily as I would have thought. Frankly, I find it very relaxing to have compitance on my side. I was under the impression, that as I tested you with the 'Blargo Vionte' buisness that you'd have gotten angry, and threatened me with force, or just punched me in the gut, or whatever you would have prefered. You also just showed frustration, not anger, and didn't allow me to make a mockery of your name. You have cemented yourself in a position of respect from me..." He noted.

"My name is Sid, though you can call me the Captian. I am a master of improversial skills, and of people. In other words, I make everyday objects, as well as words, into a weapon, and can be a rather useful interrogater among....other things." Sid said, chuckling once more at the end of his sentince.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 1 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Nathaniel observed the others, silently. Of course, leave it up to the clown to point out her androgyny and make fun of her for it. "My name's Nathaniel Vera," she said softly, hoping no one would hear her. Her name wasn't the most well-known at all... but if they were so well-informed, there was a chance they'd know, and likely berate her for letting her mother's would-be legacy go entirely to waste. Either that, or call her a weakling.

She wouldn't want to be seen as a weakling from a decadent family; if there was something she was sure she was, it definitely wasn't a weakling... short to temper, yes. Weak, no, never.

"I'm just... an assassin."

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css