Joined: 30-August 07
From: Southern U.S. (I moved, I'm not a redneck.)
Member No.: 50,311
Aw, this episode was too short.
- The fight between Scar and Kimblee was.... eeeehhh... I wasn't fantastic. But it wasn't fantastic in the manga either, in my opinion. - The little added bit about Resembool snow was sweet. I LOL'd at the transmuted snowman. Even though I know the whole thing was just an attempt to delay the events of the episode, I didn't mind. It was cute. - Winry's gonna go north! Yay! I'm looking forward to the scene where Ed freaks out and lists the elements.
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington
Joined: 9-October 09
From: United States
Member No.: 71,431
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Nov 22 2009, 06:59 PM)
- Winry's gonna go north! Yay! I'm looking forward to the scene where Ed freaks out and lists the elements.
That scene with Ed listing the elements saved my butt on a Chemistry test last month xD. We had to memorize the first 20 elements, and I forgot to study. I sat down to take the test and suddenly a chibi Ed appeared in my mind saying "Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Berylium, Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen...etc." It was epic.
Joined: 11-July 09
Member No.: 70,040
QUOTE (Vicious74 @ Nov 22 2009, 06:41 PM)
I'm glad that unlike with Riza and Ross, they went for a tough woman voice with Olivier. It fits her pretty well. (no offense)
Yeah, I totally agree with you on Riza's voice, but I always thought that Ross should have a softer, gentler tone. Still Riza sounds to girly in Brotherhood which is a huge letdown since the first anime was able to do her justice.
I'll admit that Olivier didn't sound the way I expected her to but I liked it regardless.
Joined: 10-June 09
Member No.: 69,408
*squeel* I LOVED this episode, still have to see the subs, but I loved it! The only thing I'm a little miffed about, is that they didnt do a slower pacing through the whole anime, but that aside it was a really good episode, its early morning here atm and I've been shivering away looking at all the snow in todays episode, and when Ed slipped down those stairs I was like brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I liked the filler scenes, particually the one with Ed and Al remembering christmas in Resembool that was adorable (Ed has bad taste even when it comes to snowmen i see XD) I LOVE kimbley, omg that outfit of his XD and his voice sounds completly sadistic and craaazeh, just as it should be XD Mei chan is absoloutly adorable! And of course Briggs! The fight in the snow was funny and OLIVIA!!! Shes so awesome, and eeee I was really sad when the episode ended, I actually really reaaly wanted to continue watching! Can't wait for next week =3
Joined: 9-April 09
Member No.: 67,760
- the only complain about Kimblee I have is that his name's spelled "Solf", but hey, he's freaky so let's him have a freaked out name! loved his bits which showed his diabolical nature as well as his sharp intelect. he looked completely awesome, coming by a train and enjoying being stabbed. - loved Ed's slipping scene, looked so realistic. - Garfiel-san is adorable in his dress, he really is. - bears of Briggs! nice to see you, Buccaneer and nice seeing your superior automail at work. - Al didn't seem to have any problem revealing he's empty inside but I guess there's nothing to worry as Führer already knows - was taken down that they were standing right in front of the fort the whole time, always imagined they walk a little - Olivier! I like how her hair was moving in the wind and Ed refering to her as 'major Armostrong's nee-chan seemed sooo comical and out of place here. her voice is even deeper than I remember from the add weeks ago - Ed's fascination with hight and size was funny - can't wait for next episode, where we see the rest of Briggs and some fight
------ Edit: I used to be an anti-Olivier person in the beginnig. Then I realized it was just because she was mean to Ed when they first met and that make me go all offensive. lol. Love her now, of course. It's hard not to.
Joined: 17-September 05
Member No.: 23,115
Guys, since I seem to keep seeing this on this thread, allow me to do another reminder... ^^
I understand that this is the first episode we see Major General Armstrong in this anime series, and many may like to comment on that, such as "I'm excited/feeling gloomy/whatnot on Olivier's first appearance in the series...blah blah" in addition to how the "animetization" of this character looks, how the VAing was in this episode, what this character did in this episode, etc., and IMO those are quite fine because then we are still talking about the CONTENT of this episode.
If the sole purpose of making a post here is to declare your like/dislike of Major General Armstrong and adding your name to the Olivier "fan-list"/"not-a-fan-list," then instead of growing invisible "fan-list"/"not-a-fan-list" on this thread, may I suggest using our Character discussion forum for those and actually making threads and discuss that there? That way, we can also discuss far more than just like/dislike of this character there without being off-topic, while keeping this thread for actual discussions on the content of episode 33. We have that forum for our discussions on FMA characters. Let's make a good use of it. ^^
ETA: Here you go... I opened the threads for you guys to talk about this character.
* Olivier fans, you can declare your Olivia-fandom, and talk about all things Olivier on this thread.
* Those who are NOT fans of this character, you can add your name on "not-a-fan-of-Olivier" listing on this thread.
~ Thank you, and now that's taken care of, let's get back to discussing episode 33. ^^
Joined: 21-May 09
Member No.: 68,952
Just watched this episode today! I had fallen behind and had to get all caught up. -Ed and Al's fascination with the snow was just... so cute! -I felt Ed's pain when he slipped That type of thing has happened to almost all of us. -The flashback to a snowy Risembool was also cute. I don't mind this filler scene one bit. They look so adorable in their little snow caps! XD -I think Kimblee's voice sounds high-pitched. That's just my opinion though. -Heehee, Garfiel... "They'll die" -Jeeze! Ed is so awkward in this episode! I love it. -Olivier pwns!! I like her voice; it suits her. She sounds just the way I imagined her. -When Ed kept screaming about the size of the wall, was I the only one going, "That's what she said..."? I'm immature. -Winry's going to go north soon! I can't wait for the next few episodes!
Joined: 21-September 09
Member No.: 71,177
KIMBLEY VS. SCAR YESSSSS. The only issue I had with this fight is how much blood was on the train at the end. :/ Wouldn't the pipe hold the blood in? Whatever, it was cool anyway. and spelling Zolf with an S arrrgh
And Briggs is so pretty. <3 Living in Florida I never see snow, so it's nice to at least get fake snow in the winter.
All in all, I liked this episode, even with the slow pacing.
And to answer a previous question, I'm not much of an Olivier fan, either. I don't dislike her, but she's not that amazing to me.
Joined: 21-January 08
From: The cold, icy north
Member No.: 55,758
Shudder. They really hit the freezing weather spot on in this episode.
I really liked it. Some thoughts.
- The Kimblee fillers at the beginnig felt a bit unnessecary, didn't really contribute with anything, imo. - The train battle was a little short, and the actual fighting lacked some awesome cinematic choreography, but it was still awesome. It seriously felt dangerous; the speed of the train, the freezing winds, the (most likely) slippery surface of the "cart platforms"... It felt like one bad step and you'd definitely be dead. And yet they were out there fighting, like two very brave men. And I liked how Kimblee approached in the armored military train and jumped over to the other one where Scar and crew was (again, defying the lethalness of the conditions. I think Kimblee's just crazy though, now that I think about it, and not so much brave). - Added winter scene in North City was enjoyable. So was the winter flashback of winter Resembool. - It's a bear! It's a giant mutated chimera! It's THE SNOWMAN! Oh wait, it's just Buccaneer... wait, IT'S BUCCANEER!! Which means... - OLIVIER!! =D =D =D - Concrete Fortress of Briggs! - "Enter, Fullmetal Alchemist" (at first I was unsure of her voice, but after rewatching it totally suits her. Yay!) - And, THE END - What is it with putting extra scenes in after the ending all the time? I mean, it can work occasionally, for adding some suspense to the rest of the episode, or in the form of cliffhangers. But now it feels like it's happening in every other episode... - So looking forward to the next episode. They better not have screwed this up with off-beat pace or something...
Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3 Bye bye, Edward Elric :(
Joined: 3-October 09
Member No.: 71,334
Just some thoughts on this episode:
-Kimblee filler scenes can't be that bad right? -Lol at Ed falling on the steps -Cool Resembool flashback. Lol at the transmuted snowman -Garfiel in his dress= funny -That train fight was pretty cool. Scar got ticked off and Kimblee being Kimblee when he got impaled. -Buccaneer! Ed clinging on to his automail = -Yay! Olivia! Her voice toyally suits her. -They kept the antenna joke! -And it's over so quickly.