Reply to this topicStart new topic
Yourself In Fma, draw what sort of character you would be
Demon
post Nov 28 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,664

I really wish I could drawn but I just don't have the talent. So I will just describe what I will be.

Name: Jake "Shadow Alchemist" Crandall
Height: 5' 8"
Eye Color: Black
Position: State Alchemist
With a mechonized upper body.

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 29 2004, 02:37 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

IPB Image
this is actually the concept image i drew of ren, the original character protagonist from the fanfic i'm working on. she's an exiled ishbalite (i know their eyes are red, you'll have to read the fic if you want to know why hers are aqua...ufufu), but as i developed her character more, it dawned on me that she's actually a lot like me... short, spunky, a tomboy with too much attitude and a big mouth...but fiercely loyal, and a little self-righteous...tho she's really not a bad egg once you get to know her.

ergh, and i know self-insertion is the first step in creating a mary-sue...but i honestly didn't do that on purpose... it just fit the story for her to be that way... ^__^;;

so...yeah, if i was in the hagaren universe, she's who i would be. heh, then i would get to have cool boots like that. oh yeah. happy.gif

sorry the image is so dark, my scanner is busted *kicks* so i had to use my digicamera, and the flash was too bright and washed it out too much. i will prolly re-take the picture with some better lighting, but i was dying to show her off. i didn't draw it in this image, but she has a coat thing she wears, too. it's indigo.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Guest_Tasuki_*
post Nov 29 2004, 08:00 AM
Post #18

Guests

Thats not a bad picture of ren....But her legs look a little big blink.gif ...Everything else is good. I havn't looked up where you got her eyes aqua from but i'm going to.

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 29 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #19

thank you. happy.gif her legs are supposed to be a little big, she's a total tomboy and a bit of an acrobat, actually, so her legs aren't supposed to be long and lanky like a typical anime girl. she's not a bishoujou.

and i have only gotten the prologue of the chapter up so far, but i will be posting more soon. XD i'm having lots of fun writing it.

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Nov 29 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #20

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

cool! hahah my character's named ren too. but that's because i just chopped off the first part of my name, lauren, and i use ren as a nick a lot XD what's you use to draw it? good job on muscles and perspective. darn you multi-talented people.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 29 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #21

lol, are you serious? hah! small world. i just have always liked that name (in japanese it means stanza...like a verse in a poem), and i have really been wanting to use it somewhere... and since it's not a strictly japanese-sounding name, i thought it fit my ishbalite character nicely.

i sketched her in pencil first, then did the lineart in marker and colored her with prismacolor pencils. mediium of choice. happy.gif i find that when i am writing a fic, it helps me write an original character if i have a visual idea to run with, so i usually end up drawing them before the fic gets very far. i actually sketched ren first and then later decided to make a story to go with her. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hex-Sama
post Dec 3 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,084

@Tokage: HOLY TUXEDO MASK! YOUR SO GOOD AT DRAWING! ohmy.gif Bravo! Encore! I give it a 10 out of 10! Flawless.

Tokage--> cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 4 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 3 2004, 11:40 PM)
@Tokage: HOLY TUXEDO MASK!

BOL! holy tuxedo mask?? aaahaha, wow, there's a name i haven't heard in a while. i totally wanted to smack mamoru when he was suddenly like, "omigod... I AM tuxedo mask!!!" ~_~ what a git... bout sharp as a sack of gym socks, that one...yeesh.

*blush* glad you like my pic tho. i have a deviant page if you wanna see some of the other stuff i've done: http://hikarisama.deviantart.com/ there isn't a lot there right now, but i'm working on it. happy.gif

i personally really liked xrninja's pic with the nunchaku. very nice. i was never very good with sectioned weapons, i've always preferred a jo staff or my sai. hm...maybe i'll give ren a staff, that might be fun... *rubs chin and gets her pencils*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 4 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #24

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

thanks! i'm best with my bo staff and then with my katana, but i love using sai and nunchaku smile.gif but when i practice with sai for too long my hands get really numb ohmy.gif

we can be the ren duo of martial arts kickassness >)

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 4 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

Did two crappy sketches of what I would look like...

IPB Image

As a soldier, or as an alchemist. I can't draw bodies, so... >.<

My friend did this:

IPB Image

I consider this another posibility... wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 4 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 4 2004, 11:56 AM)
thanks! i'm best with my bo staff and then with my katana, but i love using sai and nunchaku smile.gif but when i practice with sai for too long my hands get really numb ohmy.gif

we can be the ren duo of martial arts kickassness >)

i never had any luck with my katana, my arms were too friggin short to draw it properly, so all i wound up doing was whittling away at the saya. *pout* i loved working with the staff, but unfortunately, i had a falling out with the people in my weapons class, so i had to stop going... i still rpactice with my sai...but there's only so much you can teach yourself... i want my senpai back!!! XP yes, let us be the ren twins of ass-whooping. ufufufufu....

ninie, you're greed's bi-yatch!? aaha! that's awesome!!! XD i suck at CG art, i wish i could do it, but i can't. i'm an old-fashioned pencil and paper kinda artist. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Dec 5 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

Wooohooo ! Done ! Finally. I never took so much time to color as for this one, and I don't even know why. If I don't watch myself, I'll end up being a perfectionist biggrin.gif

Tis me in FMA style, but I'm a bit short, my legs shoud've been longer. I must be about Ed's height like I drew myself here.

IPB Image

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
Akaina
post Dec 5 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 2,935

hagane no tokage: I luv how you drew yourself as not the typical shojo with the long, skinny legs and arms^^ Pencil and paper is a good skill to have, I can't really color outside of digital art. Whenever we're in art class all my friends expect me to be the best at everything just because I can draw, but I'm really not ^__^()

Ninie: Those aren't crappy! The oultines are crisp, which is something I have yet to master in.. anything. My skteches are always so dirty.

DWA: lol, I'm not very good with bgs either, I always find one way to slack off...

All ya'll have your martial arts and what-not to defend yourselves... if someone came at me I'd yell at them in chinese and hope they got scared off ^__^()

+Quote Post
Akaina
post Dec 5 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 2,935

Okay, something i whipped up real quick. I don't think I'll color it, but maybe if I'm bored...
IPB Image
I thought the Chimeras that were with greed (manga) were cool, so I'm a cat mix.. or something ^__^

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Dec 5 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

Wow, these are great!^^ hagane_no_tokage you're a pencil and paper person too? If you don't have one, I suggest getting a tablet, which is what I might just split the payment on with my mom, and then ask for PhotoShop and art supplies, maybe a few video games for Christmas.

I drew one of myself, but the head's too big. A common problem for me since I don't use any guides at all... *sigh* It came out good too. My hair in the picture will be alot longer than it is now, but I'm not growing it out until I leave the house.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css