HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 27: Interlude Party - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 27 episodes!!
amestris_star
post Oct 11 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Alzea @ Oct 11 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Well, now I'm waiting for ep 30 - Ishvar falshabck and Roy/Riza backstory, I hope they won't mess it up - I've got a feeling that BONES has something against Riza so who knows...Still I hope they will do this right! They have to!

My thoughts exactly. But then, the Royai parts were really well done, so... dunno.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Oct 11 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

QUOTE (Alzea @ Oct 11 2009, 04:21 AM) *
Ok, I've watched this episode and guess what - booooooooooooring~~! Really, penguitruth was right - this is not even a filler just recaps.

I liked OP, just because of Briggs part and maybe Ishvar, it was average I think, not the best one. ED was just simply crappy, I think this is the worst ED so far.
Well, now I'm waiting for ep 30 - Ishvar falshabck and Roy/Riza backstory, I hope they won't mess it up - BONES really has something against Riza so who knows...Still I hope they will do this right! They have to!

I just saw the part where what appears Father unmasking Pinako to be Honemheim, freaking symbolism athough I hope capsummeries has the idea of a scoobydoo joke.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

lol putting mei and ran fan in the ending for like 2 seconds was pointless XD they shoulda made it an all girl ending and included riza (and possibly olivia and izumi too) and split the time equally between them, would flowed better XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
mersaydee
post Oct 11 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 69,278

Ok, I haven't seen the ep yet - though I'm not exactly opposed to a recap ep. Samurai Champloo had one that was pretty good, and this looks to be about on par with that. Not as good as a new episode, of course - but at least it isn't the wholly manufacted storyline a lot of people were fearing, and that's a good thing, right?

I like the new OP well enough, though I still think the first remains my favorite. The clips they used were great (but absolutely spoilerific). GreedLing! Dapper Hat!Kimblee! (whom I just love, I'm so glad we're going to get the awesome urbane Kimblee) Olivia and the Briggs crew (Falman included)!

The ED is... well, forgettable. I'm also wondering why we're basically getting a "day in the life of Winry." I think the first remains my favorite, as well - the Elric brothers sketching out things in colored chalk was just adorable, and when you see them turn around at the end of it, it sort of brings it all home. These two are ultimately what it's all about.

Also, uh... WTF HAPPENED TO WINRY'S BOOBS? Just what kind of work are they doing at Garfiel's shop? I'm just sayin'.

She went from this...

To this...

Whuuuut??? Ok, I get that we don't have Lust anymore, but geez!

--------------------

Mmm, I love that sound. Is there anything that strikes a more beautiful note than the sound of two indomitable wills colliding with each other?

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Oct 11 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (mersaydee @ Oct 11 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Also, uh... WTF HAPPENED TO WINRY'S BOOBS? Just what kind of work are they doing at Garfiel's shop? I'm just sayin'.

She went from this...

To this...

Whuuuut??? Ok, I get that we don't have Lust anymore, but geez!

Maybe she had them grown bigger...by automail o.o Wants to add Madonna's bra joke...but will restrain

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

lulz well maybe winry just grew up a bit, im sure it happens in the manga too (allthough i dont think to that degree XD thats a hell of a lot of growth in such a short time period XD haha) Ed gets quite the growth spurt aswell

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 11 2009, 04:09 AM
Post #22

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Okay technically this is about the end credits but it does tie in to the series. The part where Winry is on the phone mirror's a semi important scene from the manga. See these credits are letting us know what Winry's up to currently, but the phone call might be like after Bradley makes it clear to Edward that he knows Winry is his "weakness" and Ed goes off to call her to check she's okay. I say it mirrors it as she's angry and then calm

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 11 2009, 04:33 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Well, obviously, Winry is stuffing.

She keeps a wrench in there.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Oct 11 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #24

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

Garfiel-san may have learned her a few tricks wink.gif Honestly, I like Winry but I couldn't force myself to watch Motherland, this is far more better than that. No animation.

I was so hoping Hohenheim was shown in the preview only to distract us (like right before 19 we were made to worry about Hawkeye while the actual focus of the ep was on Lust and the one in most danger was Havoc). Oh well. No we know that Pinako was enthusiast drinker and smoker even in her youth and that Hohenhem always keeps a bottle with him.

On the brighter side - waiting for subtitles won't be so hard, we just can switch between wpisodes biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
QueenTiria
post Oct 11 2009, 05:12 AM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 70,732

I know this isn't concerning the episode itself, but for some reason those flowers shown in the op are really really pretty. I mean, the shape isn't pretty, the colour (plain white?) isn't that amazing either but for some reason they just seem to glow. Huh. Maybe they WERE glowing lol^^

Maybe her boob tube is actually REALLY tight? Maybe she stuffed it so Ed would actually notice that she's a girl, not just his childhood friend XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Oct 11 2009, 05:17 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

Glad I live in Asia, I didn't have to wake up in the morning to watch this recap of episodes that I've seen more than twice (thanks fansubs). Oh well, we can't forget those people who don't download/rewatch the past episodes so yeah, maybe BONES thought people have forgotten everything and just wanted to remind them LOL. But they could've just used their budget for some episode more important than this. dry.gif The end was quite good, though. It's good to see Trisha again. And Pinako, too.

I just saw the op and realized Winry wasn't in there so maybe that explains why the ending was almost all about her. But seriously, why didn't they include Riza and Olivier in it? Do they have something against blonde female soldiers? Oh wait, Olivier was shown for like 3 sec. in the opening while Riza just got half a second. They really have something against Riza. D:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 11 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 11 2009, 02:17 AM) *
It didn't even deserve to be called "filler". It was a recap ep.

I'd take a village of people with a strange hardening disease (ala series 1) over this.

I am one of those people who never chooses between an arm and a leg so for me they are both equally bad. I hated that episode in the first series and I refuse to watch this one. smile.gif

If this episode was all filler I would also refuse to watch it just to clarify. But since the first series was making up its own story I guess that episode about the village of people wasn't really filler (it just wasn't a good episode.)

And two endings that focus on Winry. Don't get me wrong I love Winry but someone on the animation team must really love her. As someone said I would have loved an ending that focused on all the the FMA girls not just Winry.

The opening is pretty cool but has spoilers.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 11 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Kirara @ Oct 11 2009, 08:36 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 11 2009, 02:17 AM) *
It didn't even deserve to be called "filler". It was a recap ep.

I'd take a village of people with a strange hardening disease (ala series 1) over this.

I am one of those people who never chooses between an arm and a leg so for me they are both equally bad. I hated that episode in the first series and I refuse to watch this one. smile.gif

Well, there was one good thing about that episode in the first series.

The diner scene!

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Oct 11 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Ya know last week I suggested that what we were seeing in the preview would make up on a small amount of the episode, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind O_O Bit surprised by a recap episode, buuuut I suppose with a story this complicated it was needed? Uh... give full opinion when I see the episode but yeah... bit surprised by this

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 11 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

lulz if people forgot what had happened they coulda just rewatched the old eps, recaps in animes that go on forever annoy me, but in fma when they skipped so much material is GAAAAH, why couldnt they have say, included another ep in the Greed arc! owell last week i promised not to moan since BONES practically perfected my favourite scene (ed and al in the gate)

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 12:06 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css