HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 100 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Oct 16 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #286

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Oct 16 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Ummm....I find it VERY UNLIKELY that Bradley will save the day!!! Why would he??? Since when has he cared for anyone??? I think that may be a stretch. Besides why would he immobilize Dr. Goldtooth??? Bradley is part of the plan. If anything the "Scar sacrifices himself" theory makes more sense. But Bradley?? I don't think so.

I do agree that it would be very unlikely (actually I'm thinking impossible....) that Bradley will end up switching sides at the last moment-- You're right, why would he??? But at the same time, he does seem to have cared for his wife, or at least that's the impression I got from him (I believe there's a chapter where he tells Riza that he chose his own wife...). Also, he has shown that he finds the human struggle against Father's powers fascinating. Of course he still looks down on humans, but at the same time, he understands humans better than any other villain in the series. I really rather like him as a character as it is, but of course, my need for Royai sort of overrides all common sense, so I just keep looking for any solution in which case Riza lives (though I honestly can't say I'm too confident about her chances....)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Oct 17 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #287

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

^ Yeah, I agree. Bradley being a hero is unlikely. But I do think he cares about his wife, and he's definitely more human than any other homunculus. Scar has a role to play in all this, though, I'm sure of that. Arakawa put him down there for a reason. biggrin.gif And I think that the scene with envy was foreshadowing to how Roy will handle this situation. I think he's learned something. Also, it's interesting how Arakawa put in that scene of Riza and Scar talking. That's gotta mean something!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMA-Girl
post Oct 18 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #288

Citizen

Member No.: 50,563

QUOTE (heartwing713 @ Oct 17 2009, 10:14 AM) *
.....Also, it's interesting how Arakawa put in that scene of Riza and Scar talking. That's gotta mean something!

Gotta mean what?

I'm more concerned over Al.

I don`t know why but itd be kinda of wierd to kill Riza. o_O
imo.

--------------------

*ROYAI icon by pictash

+Quote Post
sidney47
post Oct 18 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #289

Citizen

Member No.: 71,557

isnt it ironic that one of the strongest charicters is killed in such a pathetic way. Riza has the strongest will and resolve of anyone and she has her neck slit. I have no doubt roy will open the gate but can he save Riza? I dont think so if he does it will be the first succesfull human transmutation of the series. theres multiple things roy can do the least probable is kill him self before opening the gate, kill himself going through the gate on purpose or by accident. I hope he brings riza back but I dont think so. the laws of the FMA universe seem to be against him.plus what will he loose? im guessing his snapping hand.
PS. I think roy is a deeper character than ed. biggrin.gif he seriously could have his own manga. i find the military over throw much more interesting

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 19 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #290

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note>

Guys, I moved posts with discussions on "if Roy performs Alchemy to save Riza...." (so on) to Is Riza used to make Roy to open the gate? If so, what would happen? discussion thread, since this thread here is for the discussions on the CONTENT OF THIS CHAPTER. ^^
Please continue your "If Roy performs Alchemy to save Riza..." discussions there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Oct 20 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #291

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (sidney47 @ Oct 18 2009, 08:27 PM) *
PS. I think roy is a deeper character than ed. biggrin.gif he seriously could have his own manga. i find the military over throw much more interesting

Okay since this is a discussion about the 100th manga chapter and since I dislike off-topic discussions.. plus you seem to be new here so I won't go too harsh on you but I'll still say this: I haven't seen any occasion in which Roy Mustang would prove himself more deeper than Edward Elric; if anything they seem more or less on the same wave length when it comes to that.

Sure they're two very different characters but at the same time they are very alike; they're both stubborn, proud and willing to throw their lives, sanity etc away in a minute to protect that which is precious to them, according to their principles respectfully. Hell even Al comented on that. And I think he's been around both of them for enough of time to notice that and he seems as a fairly good character judge as well. If anything, it's only in the amount of screen time in which Roy Mustang shines (or at least currently). Perhaps that's why you thought that Mustang has some sort of a deeper personality. But as long as I remember Edward was there; through his whole avenger-let-go-of-hughes phase and it was also Edward who unveiled Envy's true self. So there you have it: Mustang learned his share and so did Ed.

P.S. Ed'a and Al's role in the overthrow of the military may not be as obvious but they're still trying to save the world (beside the whole body-regaining thing), which means basically the same as overthrowing the military and I won't go into explaining it coz I'm sure you know what I mean.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Oct 20 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #292

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (sidney47 @ Oct 18 2009, 11:27 PM) *
i find the military over throw much more interesting

OMG...I couldn't AGREE MORE!!! I LOVE the role of the military in this manga, it's just great! I love Roy *fangirl* and the Briggs soldiers and just everything about it. Ed and Al's story is great, but the military has played the main role in it all.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 20 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #293

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program Note> ... yes, again. ^^

Guys, I see some interesting discussion is going on here about Ed's role and Roy's role in the FMA manga story! May I guide you to continue this discussion on Ed or Roy? thread?
I expanded the topic scope of that thread so that we can now handle more wider/deeper scope & variety of discussions regarding "Ed or Roy" on Ed or Roy? thread.
(And, because this is getting a bit too off-topic for Chapter 100 content discussions. ^^)

Hope to see the continuing discussion about this on Ed or Roy? thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Oct 20 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #294

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

About Bradley, I think it could be believable that he would do something to "save the day".

Roy probably knows that the wife is Bradley's weakness, because Riza knows that he got to choose his wife (I don't know in which chapter it is...). Roy might tell him that the army was free to shoot his wife http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/89/18/ Bradley might then rebel against Father, or Goldteeth scientist.

Too bad we don't know her name!

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Oct 21 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #295

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

lol at how strict the rules in this forum are.

I was going to say something then forgot what it actually was while I was trying to figure out if it was good enough for this thread's topic.

Um. Um. Nah I lost it.

But about the Bradley saving the day thing. I doubt he'll "save the day" but I wouldnt be suprised if he popped his head in somewhere, like where Ed is or where Dr. Goldtooth is. Actually I'm fairly sure he will make an appearance.

Ed: "What did you do to Alphon--"
Bradley: "SURPRISE."

You never know though. He seems to have the ability to feel at least something other than hate towards humans unlike Pride or Envy. Then again nothing he has said or done in the previous chapters have hinted any sort of change in him and he isnt someone that would be swayed so easily. He attacked Greed and co. pretty ruthlessly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Oct 21 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #296

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

lol at how strict the rules in this forum are.

Me too. But a moderator as dedicated and efficient as Tombow? Priceless! Chapter topics are the home of every kind of speculations, to put them in a more closely related topic once they get out of hands is a good way to keep track of them!

+Quote Post
Winry Chan
post Oct 23 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #297

Citizen

Member No.: 58,548

Be warned - I have many theories as to what could happen next chapter.

At last... at last... Chapter 100!!

Those theories that FMA will end at Volume 20 or Chapter 100 have been officially debunked.

On to the actual chapter: For the three-digit chapter, the plot was a bit... meh. I don't know about everyone else, but way back when Chapter 50 or so came out I was thinking Chapter 100 would be OMG HUGE, then when Ed came back in Chapter 81, I was thinking "Now all we need is for Al to make an appearance in his real body in Chapter 100 and no one will again question the epicness of the number 100", but sadly, it was not to be. crybaby.gif

During the fight with the Fuhrer candidates, I couldn't help but think that Roy, Riza, and Scar would be powerful enough to take down King Bradley. And I couldn't get that image out of my head. Now, after Bradley is seen eyeing the pipe in the moat around Central Headquarters, my imagination has kicked in and is demanding Bradley make an epic entrance just before Roy makes vocal his decision whether or not to perform the human transmutation. Then he would slice down the other candidates (or better, the man with the creepy glasses and golden tooth!), and Roy is trying to heal Riza with his limited knowledge of healing alchemy (as mentioned when he tried to heal Havoc back when they were both attacked by Lust) and Scar would ask if he's on their side, but then NO Wrath raises his sword against them and Roy's eyes flash and then chapter cut-off with epic cliffhanger, then next chapter would be all Roy and Wrath fight.

*sigh* Maybe that's a bit much to ask, though. Especially with Ed and the sacrifices making such a small appearance in this chapter, having no mention of them in the next would probably entice many fans to hunt down Arakawa.

But Al. AL! There's no light in his helmet-eyes. I hope next chapter we get a scene at the Portal with Al's soul and his body, and maybe a cool picture of him finally reuniting with it (or he'll just make a COOL comeback in his real body form at the end of the chapter and in the following chapter he would flashback to this scene, with a Chapter Title page biggrin.gif).

No mention from Ed that Father's current form bears a stunning resemblance to Pride? (Maybe a "What! Pride?! I thought Al and that guy had trapped you!")

And the sound effects off to the side of Al's body on page 33 are visible on the background, and continue onto the following page, as opposed to in a separate frame, or with the frame outline fading away... maybe meaning they're all still underground, maybe even quite near the place Roy is currently? I think someone in this thread mentioned this looks like the room Ed and Al were in after the events in Gluttony's stomach.... wacko.gif It's very confusing!

And um... on the page where the Fuhrer Candidate slits Riza's throat, does anyone else think the sword is cutting into his chest? Or is the blade moving so fast one can see everything except the tip? Huh?! Also, another curious note, the bruises by Riza's eye looks like transmutation marks, although it's probably coincidental.

One last note: Creepy guy's eyes are facing opposite directions. *shudder*

Sorry if this is a biiiiiiit long...

--------------------
If someone types L337 SP34K in a forest and no one else is around, are they still a noob?

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Oct 23 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #298

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

As for Al, I paid close attention to Ed after his trip, because he did lose something noticeable to the gate also, and had Al got his body back we should have been able to see Ed with all his human limbs too. But it's not the case. So I think it's either a new rejection from the armor (which is not quite probable since it has happened a lot of times before, some of them recently) ooor it could also be something worse, like his soul being finally separated from the armor and near his body or in it, but either way NOT where Ed and Izumi are. Maybe trapped inside the gate for the time being. But that doesn't seem probable either, as Father should have known that could happen, and how troublesome to his plans would that be.

As for Riza, well... She is not dead YET, so Roy could actually perform human transmutation with her (to reconstruct her neck?), or maybe only open the gate to know how to heal her. You have suggested other interesting possibilities as well.

I don't know, we'll just have to wait.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 23 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #299

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

I theorized quite awhile back that Al would get rejected and become unusable to Father, and that was why both Roy and Marco were discussed as potential sacrifices, so conviently they could replace Al with someone XD Or maybe father needs Al to be complete

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Oct 24 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #300

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Oct 20 2009, 06:33 PM) *
About Bradley, I think it could be believable that he would do something to "save the day".

Roy probably knows that the wife is Bradley's weakness, because Riza knows that he got to choose his wife (I don't know in which chapter it is...). Roy might tell him that the army was free to shoot his wife http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/89/18/ Bradley might then rebel against Father, or Goldteeth scientist.

Too bad we don't know her name!

Oooh. I didn't think about that. Of course, the "BradleyWrath Steps in to PWN All" theory is rather impossible unlikely, but for some reason, I really, really like the idea of BradleyWrath stepping in to PWN all-- meaning taking on all of the failed Fuhrer candidates and Dr. Goldtooth. I mean, if there's anyone who can kill the Fuhrer Candidates, it would be Wrath, after all. And after what's happened to Riza, I definitely want to see them all DIE justice.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:46 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css