HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 100 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Sawb
post Oct 14 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #271

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,508

My little theory as to why Al is not responding and why Mustang is being forced to open the gate (story advancement-wise, not plot-wise) is that when the sacrifices were teleported via gate, Al's soul met with his body and joined back up. When Roy goes to open the gate to save Hawkeye, Al will immerge from the gate. I got nothing after that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 15 2009, 05:05 AM
Post #272

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Sawb @ Oct 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *
My little theory as to why Al is not responding and why Mustang is being forced to open the gate (story advancement-wise, not plot-wise) is that when the sacrifices were teleported via gate, Al's soul met with his body and joined back up. When Roy goes to open the gate to save Hawkeye, Al will immerge from the gate. I got nothing after that.

That definitely sounds plausible. Can't wait to see the look on Ed's face when/if that happens; Roy summoning the doors of truth, Al busting them open and stumbling out of it, crashing down to the floor in front of everybody.

If this would happen, Al would be rather limited when it comes to fighting I think. He hasn't used his body in years, and he will probably barely have the energy to even stand up, accounting the extremely under-nourished condition he will be in.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Ezupio
post Oct 15 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #273

Citizen

Member No.: 70,913

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 15 2009, 01:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Sawb @ Oct 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *

That definitely sounds plausible. Can't wait to see the look on Ed's face when/if that happens; Roy summoning the doors of truth, Al busting them open and stumbling out of it, crashing down to the floor in front of everybody.

If this would happen, Al would be rather limited when it comes to fighting I think. He hasn't used his body in years, and he will probably barely have the energy to even stand up, accounting the extremely under-nourished condition he will be in.

This isn't the first anime you guys, there isn't ONE DOOR that everybody uses, everyone has his own door.
Nonetheless, it's likely that Al's soul reunited with his body when they were teleported, and it's most likely that Ed will open his door and allow Al to come through (As their minds are connected and that they share this very special bond (T.13)) as Ed has foreshadowed it by saying "I'll come back for you".

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 15 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #274

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^ I agree, Roy wouldnt be able to reach Al's gate me thinks, the only reason Ed could was because their minds got mixed up, and also yes I do belive Ed will live up to his word of coming back for Al, makes me think of the chapter where he promises Winry the next time she crys will be out of joy, and how he added to that 'when have I ever broken a promise?' or words to that effect, therefore I certainly think Ed will be the one responsible for dragging Al out

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 15 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #275

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

QUOTE (Ezupio @ Oct 15 2009, 09:02 AM) *
This isn't the first anime you guys, there isn't ONE DOOR that everybody uses, everyone has his own door.

Oh yeah... my bad, my head mixes these kinds of things up pretty easily xD

But yea, I guess it would be more appropriate for Ed to be the one to get Al back from the gate. And also, more physically doable tongue.gif

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Oct 15 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #276

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

I don't know if this has been discussed about before, but I have a feeling Al has... died.
When he was sent to the basement place, it showed his armour being sort of unfurled in midair - do you think it's plausible that when his armour was unfurling around the blood seal, he sort of just vanished? Because they allways talk about how fragile the blood seal is, if at one point the seal is in hal and in two places at once... doesn't that sort of deactivate it?
Or - on a happier note, his soul just merged back with his body and blahblahblah returns blahblah does stuff.
But the thing is, I think that Father + Co would have thought of this allready, and theres a loophole.. or I'm just wrong...

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 15 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #277

State Alchemist (Major)

i don't think Al would have just randomly died so easily as that XD would be very anti-climatic for the whole series lulz

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 15 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #278

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@DoxyWings - I don't think Al is dead. Father needs Al alive as a human sacrifice, and frankly, so as the FMA storyline, I think. XD It would be hard to find the replacement human pillar if Al were dead at this point in the storyline. I think it's more likely that Al's soul was drawn to Al's body, and Al, as in both soul and body, is/are still alive. ^^

What I'm wondering is that whether Father needs these Human pillars to be "complete" human" as in "body & soul," or Al would meet the qualification as a "human" pillar as is, meaning Al's soul in an Armor body. IF Father needed Al as "body & soul" human to meet the qualification for "human pillar," then there is a chance that Father might have arranged Al's soul to meet up with Al's body. But, maybe not. That's just my mind wondering. tongue.gif

Anyway, assuming Al's soul is drawn to Al's body, I don't know if Al's soul has already got merged to the body. My feeling tells me that we might see the scene of Al's soul meeting Al's body in the next chapter. Yeah, I'd love to see that scene. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Oct 15 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #279

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

I am pretty much positive Al will never die. That would be the worst thing Arakawa could do. Al's just one of those really good, sincere characters that just can't die. He's only fourteen and he's gone through so much already (not that everyone else hasn't, but still) and I can't imagine the state Ed would be if he lost Al. The two of them are such an unbreakable pair that it just doesn't seem possible.

Besides, Arakawa probably knows that every single FMA fan in existance will hunt her down if Al doesn't make it out alive.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Oct 16 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #280

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Oct 8 2009, 10:27 AM) *
I just hope, anyone who wanted so much that Riza dies or gets close to dying is happy now since you got what you wanted.

Whatever.

Nobody ever really wanted for her to die. She simply doesn't deserve this coz she's really awesome (esp not in a stupid way like this). Besides don't you want to see this kind of stuff; epic Royai? And if some people do want to ignore them and take it as an adult, sheesh.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I was being sarcastic because I think you are overreacting and I wanted to remind people that FMA is a shounen manga not romance.

Personally, I wouldn't like Riza to die just like that. Also it would put Roy in the spotlight again, which I really wouldn't like to see. Don't take it personally but Mr Superman has had his share of the centre of attention. Not that he won't be in the centre of attention again, even if Riza does survive dry.gif

This is how I'd like to see it happen:

A Scar interferes and he opens the gate not Roy. It would be an awesome kind of sacrifice which would really show how he's changed(plus it wouldn't make Roy all 'over 9000' with the no-transmutaion-array-alchemy)

B Bradley interferes, immobilizes Goldy which would stop Mustang from opening the gate which would show that maybe he has some heart for people too - remember his wife (?). Although I prefer the first one coz this option would then make Bradley too much badass (he's an awesome villain but let's keep it realistic).

OH AND ANOTHER THING: I don't really think that Roy will go ballistic just coz she dies (oh no, he doesn't love her that passionately ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif). I mean remember what she and Scar tought him; that pointless revenge doesn't lead to nowhere. And I think if Riza's death lead Mustang in to that kind of state again, it wouldn't mean he hasn't learned anything at all sleep.gif

Bottom line is I want Riza to survive (which she will) and I want other people to start taking badass action too.

But then again I never get what I want with these things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Oct 16 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #281

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Oct 16 2009, 02:52 AM) *
B Bradley interferes, immobilizes Goldy which would stop Mustang from opening the gate which would show that maybe he has some heart for people too - remember his wife (?). Although I prefer the first one coz this option would then make Bradley too much badass (he's an awesome villain but let's keep it realistic).

THIS!

I never thought about this before. Maybe because he's already dying he'll lend Roy his philosopher's stone in order to somehow heal Riza (yes, I am a raging Royai fan why do you ask?). It's unlikely, but it's a different theory. Yeah... It would be a little bit unrealistic for him to barge in and save the day when we're so used to him being a villain, so again, highly unlikely. But I do rather like the theory.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 16 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #282

State Alchemist (Major)

^ Bradley? He doesn't have a ps stone does he? It said that after he was turned into a homuncluous only 'one' soul was left, ps stones are made up of lots of souls, and this therefore accounts for why Bradley can neither regenerate or be sencsed by the xingese, I don't think Bradley has a ps stone, it was used up in his creation

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Oct 16 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #283

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

I think Bradley does kinda have a PS, but it only has one soul (as opposed to all the other homunculi, who have lots and lots of extra souls). On the other hand, even if someone in FMA only has one soul, they can still use it as a PS (but that will shorten their lifespan). Edward did this in chapter 77, after being impaled by that rod.

Therefore, The_Twilight_Trinity's theory isn't against the rules of the FMAmangaverse. On the other hand, it seems a bit unlikely. Since Bradley was the one who said he would force Roy to open the Doors in the first place, helping to heal Riza so that Roy doesn't have to do it would seem a bit... counterproductive. Then again, you never know with Arakawa - and there have been occasions when Bradley seems a bit more human than he "should" be...

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Oct 16 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #284

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Ummm....I find it VERY UNLIKELY that Bradley will save the day!!! Why would he??? Since when has he cared for anyone??? I think that may be a stretch. Besides why would he immobilize Dr. Goldtooth??? Bradley is part of the plan. If anything the "Scar sacrifices himself" theory makes more sense. But Bradley?? I don't think so.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Oct 16 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #285

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

QUOTE ("Hagane no Baka")
A Scar interferes and he opens the gate not Roy. It would be an awesome kind of sacrifice which would really show how he's changed(plus it wouldn't make Roy all 'over 9000' with the no-transmutaion-array-alchemy)

I don't know about that... Scar may be gentler since his meeting with Miles and Winry, but he is still a pretty harsh and tough character. He would be most likely to prevent Mustang from doing anything instead of himself opening the door. He got nothing to loose and really wants to stop Father's plan, whatever it is.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css