HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 100 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Gimpyhair
post Oct 7 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,172

QUOTE (Mindy @ Oct 7 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Riza always told Mustang "don't go where I can't follow!"

I thought about the same thing the whole evening! This will be heartbreaking T_T

I just hope that while waiting for something to happen, Riza (and Scar) won't just hang out and do nothing. But I just can't see what they could do (except Riza shooting Crazy-Scientist)

I'm also wondering what Roy will lost as equivalent exchange for opening the gate. I'm getting worried!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Oct 7 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

Gimpy - according to the spoiler, Riza FOLLOWED Roy INTO the gate, as in, she is now in the gate with Roy. I don't mean to be annoying or anything, but you seemed to imply you thought Riza was still with Scar, and I didn't want you to be confused later. smile.gif

I'm going to dig around 2ch and other forums while I do my homework and post anything I find.

OT: At the rate the story is going, by Ch.101 or 102 (by b-day chapter!) things are going to get EPICALLY EPIC.

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 7 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #18

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^ Yap, DistantBlue is correct. According to this possible spoiler, Riza followed Roy and she is inside the gate at the end of chapter 100. I can't tell whether she is with Roy or not, because she might have gotten separated from Roy once inside the gate, and we probably don't know till we read the NEXT chapter (chapter 101) but at least she is inside the gate. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Oct 7 2009, 08:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Mindy @ Oct 7 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Riza always told Mustang "don't go where I can't follow!"

I thought about the same thing the whole evening! This will be heartbreaking T_T

Just in case... Before anyone would start spreading "Aha, another foretelling panel by Arakawa-sensei!!" or something, allow me to reiterate.... ^^
As DistantBlue mentioned above, that particular phrase supposedly spoken by Riza in that particular bubble in that chapter was CONCOCTED by the translator who happened to have translated that particular version of scanlation you read. In REAL FMA chapter, Riza NEVER SAID THAT in that bubble in that chapter in the raw. What she said in that bubble was, in far more "literal" translation, "Please don't degrade to the way of animals," meaning, Roy descending into madness with the pursuit of revenge for Hughes's murder, and turning into a revenge crazed animal, and in the process losing his human way.
Now, I know that "more closer to literal" translation sounds rather "awkward" in English, and I'm sure changing that to "Don't go where I can't go" made the completed scanlation more "nice and fun" and "smooth" reading as a scanlation, and I'm glad you enjoyed (I assume ^^) reading that particular scanlation with that part. Just please know that Arakawa-sensei never wrote that in REAL FMA chapter. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Oct 7 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #19

Alchemists

O.O

Wh-what??

*re-reading*
"Riza tries to follow Mustang into the gate and barely makes it."

I did read this, but my second-language English failed me: I thought "barely makes it" meant she nearly got there, but just miss it.

Now I see: you people just want me to die from a heart attack!! My heart is bumping so fast that I will have soon an hole in my chest XD

Distantblue and Tombow, thanks for correcting me! Sorry for spreading false rumors, also, Riza going in the gate is waaaaay better than being left behind à-la-CoS biggrin.gif As for the "don't go where I can't follow", yeah, now I remember this conversation about different translations.

I'm now wondering if Riza will act as a sacrifice, or it really has to be an alchemist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Oct 7 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE (Tombow @ Oct 7 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Just in case... Before anyone would start spreading "Aha, another foretelling panel by Arakawa-sensei!!" or something, allow me to reiterate.... ^^
As DistantBlue mentioned above, that particular phrase supposedly spoken by Riza in that particular bubble in that chapter was CONCOCTED by the translator who happened to have translated that particular version of scanlation you read. In REAL FMA chapter, Riza NEVER SAID THAT in that bubble in that chapter in the raw. What she said in that bubble was, in far more "literal" translation, "Please don't degrade to the way of animals," meaning, Roy descending into madness with the pursuit of revenge for Hughes's murder, and turning into a revenge crazed animal, and in the process losing his human way.
Now, I know that "more closer to literal" translation sounds rather "awkward" in English, and I'm sure changing that to "Don't go where I can't go" made the completed scanlation more "nice and fun" and "smooth" reading as a scanlation, and I'm glad you enjoyed (I assume ^^) reading that particular scanlation with that part. Just please know that Arakawa-sensei never wrote that in REAL FMA chapter. ^^

Ahh. Just like Casablanca's most famous misquoted line "Play it again, Sam." It was never said it the movie, but many people mistakenly thought so. happy.gif

Anyway, back on topic I do hope Roy and Riza are together in that "white fog." I also am wondering what payment Roy had to make and if Riza lost anything too. It sounds as though this will be quite the cliffhanger.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post Oct 7 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Oct 7 2009, 10:40 PM) *
I also am wondering what payment Roy had to make and if Riza lost anything too. It sounds as though this will be quite the cliffhanger.

I'm not sure how much speculation I should make, considering the fact that the chapter is not even released, we know near to nothing of the details, etc. But anyway, I'll do it and I'll be damned... I think Riza is in the best position to be the payment for Roy opening the gate. That's it, I say it, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I won't say it again until we have the scanlations!

Oh lord, the next few days months are going to be full of farfetched speculations: from Edward turning into the Truth to a RoyRiza body-soul fusion (don't ask, it was in my head for a couple of seconds)!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Oct 7 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

But, Gimpy, Roy already opened the gate and Riza got inside with him. So, he won't be using her for opening the gate: he already did it. XD
Probably, Dr Creepy gave Roy a philosopher stone. Ed did that, once, when he left Gluttony's stomach, so we know it's possible. And, since we know both Roy and Riza ended up inside, I don't think there will be any more loss of limbs because of that.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Frostrevenant
post Oct 7 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 1,569

Me thinks Riza should be fine...going by the chapter where Ed opens the gates inside of Gluttony, doesn't he say something like all the rebound effects will be borne by the person who did the alchemy? And Ling and Envy jumped into the gate that Ed opened and they're alright.

Whoa. First post after God Knows How Long. Thus is the effects of chapter 100 spoilers.

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Oct 7 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #24

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

Exciting times are straight ahead. biggrin.gif

If Bradley really is on his last legs, I tip my hat to him as he's been a great villain but also, in a way, he's been a pawn for Father as well as Goldie and the other mad scientists. I almost feel sorry for him, as it's hard to say how much of his own volition he's been operating on.

Regarding Roy & Riza, it'll be interesting to see how Roy was able to open the gate. Also, it sounds as if Riza just managed to enter the gate just after Roy was taken - definitely shows just how committed they are to not only the Elrics, but also each other. They're definitely a team to be reckoned with when they're together.

Father, Hohenheim, and the White Fog sound really interesting as it seems that the fog and the Truth are somehow connected to one another. And for the Fog, I wonder if it'll only stretch as far as the transmutation circle's boundaries or if has the potential to go out further.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 7 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

It's mighty nice for Roy to open the gate in order to retrieve Edward, but I hardly expected him to actually do so. Also, will this mean he can do alchemy without arrays after? Isn't this guy already overpowered as it is?

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
QueenTiria
post Oct 7 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 70,732

Ahh... my birthday chapter!! (is hyperactive)
Actually, I hope it does get released before my birthday, which is the 19th ^^.
Honestly, I think this chapter would make a brilliant birthday pressie lol.
CAN'T WAIT, except a little bit disappointed in the spoiler as apparently this chapter actually doesn't reveal too much, but we'll see when the scanlation is in ^^

Wow, FMA has reached Chap 100 and the plot is still epic. Arakawa-sensei is a genius.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Oct 7 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

Well, strictly speaking, the tattoo could come in handy here... for entering the gate I mean, after all Riza still has alchemical symbols on her back.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope
post Oct 7 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 71,379

Wow that would be really cool! I've always sort of hoped that the tattoo would play a role in the climax of the story, even though its already served its purpose well for back-story/character development.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chuchuhorse23
post Oct 7 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 69,600

Well... ... ... blink.gif

I really did not expect that the plot line will go in this way.The shortness and the ambiguity of this early spoiler surely have something to do with it; I deem the "white fog" thingy weird, and possibly lame...who knows. Since it's a tradition (Is that so? huh.gif ) for Japanese manga composers to celebrate their 100×n episodes, maybe I just want to see something in a even-better-than-average quality.

Please, Arakawa, give us a good reason why Roy open the gate, and why Hoho was not devoured by the gate in the first place together with Izumi, Al and Ed, and what is this "white fog"... sleep.gif ... My head is totally messed up.

And, Ametris-star, do you mind if I borrow this piece of information to Chinese hagane forums?

+Quote Post
FullmetalMagicia...
post Oct 8 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,955

I didn't see Tombow's translation there, so I went to Google Translate (since my Kanji knowledge isn't good) and it didn't make sense at all. XD

Chapter 100 sounds so epic... ;A;

--------------------
~~~Edward Fan 101~~~
~~~As an Ed fangirl, I must love him with all my heart!-My Pledge!!~~~

My deviantArt Page |Link|
AKA DarkAMagician (Gaiaonline), kanazuchi92 (deviantart) and erectroryte (LiveJournal).

-turned into an alchemist: Open Chat, 5: 35 pm Sydney time, March 14 2006, Tuesday

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 05:42 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css