HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 26: Reunion - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 26 episodes!!
Broken Chouchou
post Oct 5 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #46

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,758

Great episode. First time this show evoked emotions it struck me by suprise. Now I think it's happening more and more often. The telling of the story in this anime is getting better and better.

Thoughts:

- Young Bradley looked like Gattsu from Berserk.
- New compositions were great!
- Consitent animation. It was also impressive in its places.
- Al had way blonder hair than I imagined. And to hear his voice coming out of his real body was kinda stunning, I don't know why.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
starkast
post Oct 5 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #47

Citizen

Member No.: 71,262

I felt eds rage when he said Als full name this was topped off with the lovely music, i loved it

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 5 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Ay ay ay
Awesome episode I must say.

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 5 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

QUOTE (Imbris @ Oct 5 2009, 06:50 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 5 2009, 12:43 AM) *
But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

That scene probably shouldn't affect our opinion of him though. Bradley said himself that he's not sure if his current soul is even his body's original soul, or if it's from the philosopher's stone...so he doesn't deserve our sympathy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to establish sympathy, nor do I think is Bones.

Notice how soon Bradley just sort of gets over it when the scientist assures him, he gets that look that says, "You know, that's right, he IS just a pawn."

I liked the scene because it showed how good at making monsters those scientists are.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
mellulah
post Oct 5 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,956

One thing I noticed that they left out this time round was the hermephradite theory. The fact that the 2 dragons were the male and female together and that it hinted what they tried to achieve when they created Envy

--------------------

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Oct 6 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

I just remembered, I forgot ALL about the story of Bradley up until I watched this episode. It's been too long since I read those chapters.

The new music was very nice too.

+Quote Post
Mindy
post Oct 6 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 70,986

Oh, Ed, you sure punched through some walls in this one! tongue.gif

I've always loved Ling's comparison between prayer and alchemy.

Definitely looking forward to next week's anime-only story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Oct 6 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #53

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

First...this episode was GREAT!! I am so happy with how it played-out. This arch in the manga was amazing and I thought they did a great job with it in the anime. I'm loving this anime more and more each week.

HOWEVER... WTF is up with next week's episode!? NO FILLERS...we don't need FILLERS in this anime! OMG...if they'd slow the pace down they wouldn't need fillers period! That pisses me off now. I hope there is no filler arch and if there is I blame them for moving too fast. There's only a new chapter once a month...not every week.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Mindy
post Oct 6 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 70,986

QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Oct 6 2009, 10:34 AM) *
First...this episode was GREAT!! I am so happy with how it played-out. This arch in the manga was amazing and I thought they did a great job with it in the anime. I'm loving this anime more and more each week.

HOWEVER... WTF is up with next week's episode!? NO FILLERS...we don't need FILLERS in this anime! OMG...if they'd slow the pace down they wouldn't need fillers period! That pisses me off now. I hope there is no filler arch and if there is I blame them for moving too fast. There's only a new chapter once a month...not every week.

Just one and then it's back on track again. I don't mind since I like Honoheim smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Krokgard
post Oct 6 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 68,794

I pretty much agree with Full Metal Elf. They rushed the Dublith arc in just three episodes, it would be someway funny if they had to add some fillers now! But I'm still confident that next week's episode won't be a filler... well, not totally. I hope.

+Quote Post
Mr. Deathy
post Oct 6 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #56

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,164

There is at least one shot of Father underground in the preview so it wont be 100% filler but who knows how much is manga canon.

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Oct 6 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #57

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

I've got a new thought on the preview. I don't have the ability to screen cap the image, but there is a part where there is a young woman with chestnut colored hair dancing around the fire. I was thinking perhaps the little girl is not Trisha but her sister or other relative trying to get Hoho to dance with her.

UGH! I was just thinking. She might be too old to be Trisha! It depends on how old Pinako is. Forget I said that.

I don't think the episode will be all filler. I think it will be used to reveal Hohenheim's character.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
wagonista
post Oct 6 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #58

Citizen

Member No.: 70,572

I love how everyone assumes that because something isn't from the manga it's automatically unholy non-canon. Did you ever stop to think that hey, perhaps Arakawa is overseeing this project so that it's done her way this time? Or that perhaps SHE wrote this "filler" episode? It's most likely that any additions / consolidations done to the story are done under her supervision / advice.

So far, many of the consolidations have been pretty necessary in my eyes. To me, much of the manga during the early parts felt drawn out and unnecessary. One episode certainly does NOT need to equal one issue of the manga. Especially because in some issues many panels are spent trying to communicate action; which when played out in cinematic situation, may pass in just seconds, whereas it can take several pages of illustrated panels to communicate the motions happening in that amount of time.

Quit complaining about all the little nit-picky details and enjoy the show. The new anime is awesome and has been a VERY good adaption of the original work.

+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope
post Oct 6 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #59

Citizen

Member No.: 71,379

This episode was so awesome it made me join this forum. (though I've been lurking here for awhile). I think the last bit will become one of the iconic moments of the entire series.

It's funny, I started watching brotherhood and immediately loved it. Then when there was no more brotherhood to watch I started to read the manga (from the beginning) and I could see why people thought brotherhood was flawed, though I still loved the episodes I'd seen. But now that I've caught up with the manga, nobody seems to be complaining about brotherhood anymore, as the pacing is finally doing the series justice. My experience with the series seems charmed so far.

As for next week's episode, I look forward to it. Hohenheim could really use some character development. Anime-original material is fine, as long as its well written, but I really hope they use some of the manga stuff too. (the Elric Family Omake would be awesome.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Oct 6 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #60

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I love how everyone assumes that because something isn't from the manga it's automatically unholy non-canon. Did you ever stop to think that hey, perhaps Arakawa is overseeing this project so that it's done her way this time? Or that perhaps SHE wrote this "filler" episode? It's most likely that any additions / consolidations done to the story are done under her supervision / advice.

So far, many of the consolidations have been pretty necessary in my eyes. To me, much of the manga during the early parts felt drawn out and unnecessary. One episode certainly does NOT need to equal one issue of the manga. Especially because in some issues many panels are spent trying to communicate action; which when played out in cinematic situation, may pass in just seconds, whereas it can take several pages of illustrated panels to communicate the motions happening in that amount of time.

Quit complaining about all the little nit-picky details and enjoy the show. The new anime is awesome and has been a VERY good adaption of the original work.

I totally agree. And plus, what's so BAD about FMA "fillers" anyway? What makes them so awful and unbearable? Good grief, you guys! tongue.gif I've never understood why so many people seem to hate them. Sure, they aren't always canon and can be stupid and annoying when they're not done right, but I've never been that bothered by them. On the contrary, I rather like most of them. I think they're good for character development and fleshing out the details...and at the very least, they make great entertainment. (Episodes 13 and 37 from the first series, anyone?)

And personally, I'm really looking forward to this next episode. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the constant action, sit back and enjoy simpler things...like a dance around a bonfire, drinks, stories, laughter, and people just being people. It's not like Brotherhood's gonna ZOMG GETZ RUINED!!!11 just because they're taking time for this kind of stuff. Sheesh... tongue.gif

Lol, now that my mini-rant is over... XD I ADORED this episode. They got everything down just perfect. The emotion, the action, the art...everything was just amazing. The best part was the "it was just like a prayer to God" line, and then the gate opens and the cinematography and music and everything gets SO EPIC...I got so many chills during that sequence. And I teared up at the Ed-and-Al-epic-brotherly-moment part. biggrin.gif I think Brotherhood is finally beginning to match FMA 1 for me. (It only took, oh I dunno...19 FREAKIN' EPISODES TO KICK INTO GEAR...) *COUGH* But they did such a good job with the last few episodes, and it seems they've FINALLY settled into the pace (gawd I hope I don't jinx it), and I really, really hope they keep this up. At this rate, Brotherhood might even surpass FMA 1.

Gah, I think I officially have a love/hate relationship with this series right now. When it's good, it's VERY good, but when it's bad...I cringe and go to console myself by watching the old one and reading the manga. XD

EDIT: Hey! Welcome aboard, Kaleidoscope! It's awesome that the episode made you join, lol. Can't say I blame you. biggrin.gif I was introduced to FMA pretty much the same way...only for me it was the old series. FMA 1, the manga, Brotherhood...they all have special places in my heart now, and I love them all equally in different ways. Fullmetal Alchemist is awesome no matter how you slice it, amirite? wink.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css