HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 26: Reunion - Content Discussion Thread, Warning! May contain spoilers for the first 26 episodes!!
Mistress of Mise...
post Oct 4 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,631

Holy crapmuffins on a shishkebab.

That episode was awesome.

I can actually be optimistic about Bones now. If they can keep this trend up, I will die happy.

--------------------

If everything appears to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tezrath
post Oct 4 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 68,129

Whoa........ That was awesome. Like someone else said, I felt like my mouth was hannging open for much of the episode. They are finally getting it right.

The jump to Bradley's backstory was a bit abrupt. And I thought the giggling gate-babies was a bit odd too... But I loved the transition into the gate... Ed's expressions, and Ling's reaction especially as his body/foot started to deconstruct. Could really feel Ed's shock in the fight with Envy that led up to it too... and I think I actually winced when he was thrown down on the stone slab before Envy swallowed him.

Kinda wondering what they are doing in the next ep though, with the Hohenheim scene from nowhere. I mean, they miss out on a bunch of the canon ones I wanted to see, and are inserting a Hoho/Pinako scene that isn't in the manga.... odd

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Oct 4 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Well, I don't mind the new material being released. I mean, it's not like they're changing something, or turning the story in a new direction, they're just showing us something that wasn't shown in the manga timeline. I don't think it should have an effect on the story. I just hope that little girls not Trisha. That would be a little... 0_o. It might be interesting to show more of Hohenheim's past. C'mon guys, stay optimistic!

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Oct 4 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Oct 4 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Well, I don't mind the new material being released. I mean, it's not like they're changing something, or turning the story in a new direction, they're just showing us something that wasn't shown in the manga timeline. I don't think it should have an effect on the story. I just hope that little girls not Trisha. That would be a little... 0_o. It might be interesting to show more of Hohenheim's past. C'mon guys, stay optimistic!

WOW you know...that might be Trisha...lol....I mean hey, Hoho is OOOLLLDDD.

But yeah WOW great episode!!!! The ending left me a little choked up!

I'm guessing next episode might be a little bit of filler about Hoho's life. They are probably trying to slow things down a bit since we are already around Chapter 53. I am just dying to see Ling turn into GREED!!!! Thats probably not for another ep or 2... sad.gif

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Oct 4 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

WOW! I have nothing to complain about this episode!!! It was so fantastic!

Well....The backstory to Bradley starting the second half of the episode was kinda sudden, and the giggling in the Gate was weird, but this 2 things did NOT at all ruin the episode!!!

Next week's episode....eeehhhhh.....
I'm not really worried, since Bones has been doing great so far, but I AM worried for that same reason. it seems to be filler so they may slack off for this one episode, then get back to being great. I'm hoping that this next episode (even if it's filler) will keep up being great.

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
FullmetalMagicia...
post Oct 4 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 30,955

Please Trisha... be the small little girl... please...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. I think it's so cute that Hoenheim fell in love with Trisha that way (though it's not definite yet and is a bit weird in other people's eyes).

I liked this episode compared the the previous ones. I loved the scene when Ed was pointing at Al's body while he was taken away by the door...
Reminded me of the good ol' FMA anime. 8'D

--------------------
~~~Edward Fan 101~~~
~~~As an Ed fangirl, I must love him with all my heart!-My Pledge!!~~~

My deviantArt Page |Link|
AKA DarkAMagician (Gaiaonline), kanazuchi92 (deviantart) and erectroryte (LiveJournal).

-turned into an alchemist: Open Chat, 5: 35 pm Sydney time, March 14 2006, Tuesday

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Oct 4 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

Jesusmuffins.... this episode was just... wow.

I loved loved loved this episode!!! biggrin.gif
The animation, the voices, the music, and the scenes that I've been waiting to be animated for sooo long!
I love the way they drew Envy, and I love his voice.
And the part with Al in the gate... I almost teared up. sad.gif
And how Ed breaks through the door in the last bit to yell at Al's body about how he's going to bring him back... I just love it. wub.gif

There seems to be an awesome streak in the episodes... I hope this keeps up!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Oct 4 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Wow, the past few episodes have been really good. I'm starting to like this as much as the first series.

This episode was a little too chatty during the Edward explanation bit, and needlessly, since he didn't have to spell out every little thing that led him to believe Xerxes was sacrificed. Though it is fun to now and then get little insights into alchemy arrays, so that offset it a tiny bit. Still, this was the only real part I had a problem with.

I loved the flashback to the Fuhrer's past. Baby Bradley was pretty adorable, and as a kid he looked a lot like Selim! I know they aren't really related, but still. And that scene with the gold-toothed scientist (do we have a fan nickname for this guy?) and Father, with Bradley becoming Wrath, was really well done. But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

It's too bad Ed didn't have a sandwich in his pocket or something to leave for Al. I mean, does't Truth ever hand out snacks? Al's wasting away in there! Give him a Snickers or something!

This episode had perhaps the greatest end to any episode of either series with Ed bursting through the Doors of Truth to promise Al he'll return. With the manga ending, but him not doing this yet, I sure hope he lives up to his promise. And this scene just proves how spectacular Romi Paku is, and how she is without rival in this role.

There was a little bit of off animation here and there, but I had to look for it to find it.

This episode gave me goosebumps.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Oct 5 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

An epic episode.
I really love the ending part
Ed and Al reunion..but Al really looked like over malnourished compared to manga but the scene is still so touching^^
Seeing Mei fighting and kind of scared made her cuter xP
As for Bradly flashback, it was made of awesome biggrin.gif
I really loved the part when this anime made a flashback tongue.gif

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Imbris
post Oct 5 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 63,564

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 5 2009, 12:43 AM) *
But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

That scene probably shouldn't affect our opinion of him though. Bradley said himself that he's not sure if his current soul is even his body's original soul, or if it's from the philosopher's stone...so he doesn't deserve our sympathy.

+Quote Post
shiroe
post Oct 5 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 71,291

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Oct 5 2009, 07:48 AM) *
QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 4 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Wait, which chapter is that in the spoiler? I can't recall Ed seeing Al's body for a second time?

It's not Ed seeing Al's body. It's Al seeing his own body. It can be seen here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/39/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/40/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/41/

Thank you very much Kyelinn, I remember now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jealous Rogo
post Oct 5 2009, 05:50 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,019

Another week, another episode here's my thoughts:

- Nice to see that they got the fight with Envy out of the way before the title of the episode even came up. I'm amazed how much longer I thought that was gonna be considering it's not in the Manga at all. Madness.

- There was some real pathos in this episode. You really felt for Ed throughout this episode, especially when being creeped out (like me I'd like to say) by Envy's... talking zits basically.

- I love how completely weird May Chang's memory seems to be. Is she on drugs or something? Would explain how she seems to be able to talk to her panda.

- Am I the only one who thinks Al and Gluttony make weirdly appealing double act.

- Same for May Chang and Scar, they kick butt

- Okay I know the opening contain alot of what actually happens in the series, however, the part where May Chang fights the three headed dog was so similar it just highlighted the animation quality difference. At least choose different angles, darn it.

- Oh suddenly the whole array thing makes sense to me... *coy chuckle of person whose read ahead hohoho*

- I do like the little exchange between Ling and Ed about 'if I don't make it' but I can't put my finger on why

- I don't think there's much more I can say about the scene with Al's body than has already been said. Amazing, one of the best moments in the series.

- Next Week: I am very suspicious that what we're seeing in the ending is going to last all of five minutes at most, and the only reason we're seeing it is to keep up the suspense of whether or not Ed and co make it back to the real world. Also if that little girl turns out to be Trisha that is just... creepy and contradicts what's said in the manga

--------------------

Please check out my comic if you have the time

+Quote Post
Meu
post Oct 5 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 55,344

Wow, isn't it great when you finally don't have to expect the worst from each upcoming episode? The quality of the whole anime has been amazing lately.
As many others in here, I loved the ending, though I don't have anything new to add to what's already been said...

Why do I find the "see you next time" thing hilarious with the skinny Al? "Thank you, come again"?

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Oct 5 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #44

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

OMG! this episode was amazing! finally your stepping up to the mark now BONES! This episode was so powerful and emotional, I loved it all, and as hoped the meeting of ed and al in the gate did not dissopoint! Gawd i teared up, such an amazing scene, and i LOVE envys voice! OMG that VA (+voice effects) is just so perfect, theres not a word to describe its awesomeness! All in all brilliant episode love love love, whats up with next week though? anime only stuffs? well the previews only like 15seconds, probably just a little extra mixed in with the manga stuff

oh and can i just add, just as ed and als reunion in the gate, was the scene that made my absolute love for the manga complete, as is its equivilant in brotherhood, made me fall in love with this anime <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trakonda
post Oct 5 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #45

Apprentice

Member No.: 52,583

Yes, I have to go and hype this ep with everyone else. I've been dying to see these chapters animated for so long.. especially the "Al's body in the gate"-one. I was afraid this one would yet again be moved to the next episode, but luckily it came at the very last minutes. And I have to say, it was an excellent way to end this week's episode, with the ED music starting a little bit early and all that (it's a really nice touch that adds some more emotion to these reunion scenes, I've gotta say.)

Ed's shocked expression was just nailed down perfectly, as well. And how Envy tossed him and Ling around and you could practically hear their bones breaking.. OUCH.

( And Shao May was adorably cute in Al's shoulder. biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 07:19 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css