Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sony To Release "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" DVD In Hong Kong
tinlunlau
post Sep 26 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

Nothing confirmed about the blu-ray but Sony has confirmed to be releasing Volume 1 of the "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" on DVD. It will include the Japanese audio track as well as the TVB produced Cantonese dub track. There will also be a regular edition and a limited boxset collector's edition. Both will contain a poster. The regular release will cost $80 Hong Kong dollars and the boxset edition will be $120 HKD. Release date will be October 5th.

Sony港版會喺10月5日推出電視版FA DVD第一輯,有原裝TVB粵語配音和日語配音,並分普通版和限量Boxset珍藏版發售,而每個版本內都附有海報一張,普通版批發價$80,限量Boxset批發價$120!!!

Source - http://forum.tower3a.com/thread-5503-1-1.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yikie
post Oct 4 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 66,339

Is it with or without English subtitles?
Because it's a HK release, I suppose there are english subs (like most HK dvd's).

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post Oct 6 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Hard to say because most anime DVD's legitimately released in Hong Kong and Macau region aren't licensed to include English subtitles. This might be a different case since it is being handled by Sony. Although I have a feeling that FMA:B will be co-licensed to ERA Home Video as they have been dealing with distribution for Sony's DVD/VCD releases for many years.

+Quote Post
tinlunlau
post Oct 29 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Apprentice

heh...i finally saw the hong kong region 3 release of FMA brotherhood on sale today. apparently, it's not from Sony but rather from Medialink, the same folks who released the Mizushim-FMA. From the looks of the cover, this release of volume 1 only includes episodes 1 and 2 only. no sign of 'blind alchemist' at all. i woulda bought it but this is DVD. i kinda want it on bluray.

by the way, there is chinese subtitles only. audio-wise, you got the japanese track and the cantonese dub track from TVB.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css